pastebin.com/kmMsiz1d

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/YppqPPjf

>SMT If... Tips & Tricks:
pastebin.com/KiwVr9Vy

>Previous thread

Claiming this thread for the most handsome and trustworthy angel.

Lawtists get out.

>Implying I accidentally took the law route and didn't realise it was a he until later

>No, the issue is you being a whiny faggot. You complain about "shitty game design" because there's an intended risk for being a neutral player which not only does at least somewhat lessen the neutral pandering but also makes a lot sense in the game world.
Glad to see this general is likely filled with delusional retards.

"Intended risk". Don't be fucking stupid, it makes no sense. It's not an intended risk, the developers just never give you an option to be neutral when making choices. It's always just "yes" or "no". These decisions put you more towards chaos or law, and you are obviously meant to balance these. That's how the game is intended to be played - you are between chaos and law if you are neutral.

In this instance, you do not have a choice to stay neutral. The game forces you to go chaos or law for this section. You say
>Nowhere in the game is mentioned that it has the obligation to kiss your ass when you're neutral.
but neither does it mention it's going to blatantly punish you for it either. If it was an unintentional oversight it would at least be understandable, but potentially stopping you from being able to use an entire party of demons that you had been using a moment before, without warning, is pure shit design.

>only play the new ones where they pander to guys like you.
You say this when I am what, at least halfway through the game? It's funny how I'm pointing out a shit design in one particular area and you're telling me the games aren't for me.

Not being able to use certain demons when law and chaos is fine, I wouldn't even mind if limited the demons you could use when neutral as well. But when you are not given warning, are forced into law or chaos, and have no way of accessing a Cathedral of Shadows, the developers clearly made a bad design choice.

So I just beat Asura in Strange Journey
I've been neutral up to this point but now I'm chaos
How much more time and choices are there before alignment lock that I might still be able to change?

>law in 2016
>not being neutral or chaos

With Jews, you lose

There's still plenty of chances, don't worry.

You can also do the Pixie request to change, I think.

Mastema did nothing wrong.

Mastema is truly the greatest.

Mastema is a little bitch.

Hoy.

>"Intended risk". Don't be fucking stupid, it makes no sense. It's not an intended risk, the developers just never give you an option to be neutral when making choices. It's always just "yes" or "no". These decisions put you more towards chaos or law, and you are obviously meant to balance these. That's how the game is intended to be played - you are between chaos and law if you are neutral.
Do you even read your own post? You claim it makes no sense and proceed to explain why it does. Like you say balancing these extremes is what makes you neutral, so tipping that balance off from time to time is to be entirely expected and, yes. intended. If it wasn't they would give you the neutral options.

>but potentially stopping you from being able to use an entire party of demons that you had been using a moment before, without warning, is pure shit design.
Again, running around with a full Chaos party while being Neutral, pissing on their leader and then wondering why the Chaos party refuses to follow your orders is not surprising at all.
Having a party with a completely different alignment than you is your own fault. You should use mostly Neutral demons with a few others, if you don't want to worry about alignments.
Also the game does give you a warning right from the beginning though. Holding the balance is difficult shit.

You made a mistake and you're blaming the game designers even though the system is completely logical from gameplay and story perspective. Just suck it up, dude.

>Do you even read your own post? You claim it makes no sense and proceed to explain why it does. Like you say balancing these extremes is what makes you neutral, so tipping that balance off from time to time is to be entirely expected and, yes. intended. If it wasn't they would give you the neutral options.
Yes - and if you read what I posted, you would know I'm clearly pointing out why that system doesn't work at that part of the game. You're forced into chaos or law with no warning and no way to recover until after a boss fight and random encounters.

If there was a teleporter or a cathedral of shadows there would be no problem - because there isn't, you can easily be fucked over.

>Again, running around with a full Chaos party while being Neutral, pissing on their leader and then wondering why the Chaos party refuses to follow your orders is not surprising at all.
>Having a party with a completely different alignment than you is your own fault. You should use mostly Neutral demons with a few others, if you don't want to worry about alignments.
>Also the game does give you a warning right from the beginning though. Holding the balance is difficult shit.
Why should you have mostly neutral demons? The game gives you no reason to only have neutral demons until it fucks you over. The alignment spike that comes without warning doesn't have to be bad - it's then having no way to sort your party out because there's no teleporter and no cathedral of shadows.

I couldn't care less I'm now law. There are plenty of ways to go back down to neutral, I am only complaining about this one specific scenario.

>You made a mistake and you're blaming the game designers even though the system is completely logical from gameplay and story perspective. Just suck it up, dude.
See everything above

>In this instance, you do not have a choice to stay neutral.
From a story perspective, it makes a lot of sense that those who have the more extreme beliefs do not tolerate the indecision of others, especially if they could be an useful ally. You're either with them, or against them. So, a `neutral' option would also indicate that you are not with chaos and would only give yourself the illusion of neutrality. This is, I think, actual bad design.

Of course, this does not mean the game has to lock you up for making an inconvenient choice, but there are other ways to prevent that.

Where do you find the Fire Seal in Megami Tensei II? I've beaten Nebrios and explored pretty much everywhere.

>Yes - and if you read what I posted, you would know I'm clearly pointing out why that system doesn't work at that part of the game. You're forced into chaos or law with no warning and no way to recover until after a boss fight and random encounters.
>If there was a teleporter or a cathedral of shadows there would be no problem - because there isn't, you can easily be fucked over.
This isn't even a fucking issue. The game is so easy, you rarely need demons aside from boss fights. And at that point, the boss fight you're "forced" to fight after the alignment shift is easy as fuck (intentionally).

But I've already said I thought the boss was piss, I didn't struggle or anything. Being easy doens't take away form how poorly designed it is though.

>From a story perspective, it makes a lot of sense that those who have the more extreme beliefs do not tolerate the indecision of others, especially if they could be an useful ally.
I agree 100% I really like all the choices you're making in SMT I for your alignment, it's actually pretty fun. This decision is no different. What is different is that here is no teleporter or cathedral of shadows.

My alignment has changed occasionally so far during the game, and I've been locked out of using certain demons during these times. It's an inconvenience, but I have no issue with it. There is no way out of this situation however, because of the lack of teleporter and CoS, so it could just fuck people over massively. The fact that the boss is piss is very much irrelevant.

>Yes - and if you read what I posted, you would know I'm clearly pointing out why that system doesn't work at that part of the game. You're forced into chaos or law with no warning and no way to recover until after a boss fight and random encounters.
See
>Like you say balancing these extremes is what makes you neutral, so tipping that balance off from time to time is to be entirely expected and, yes. intended. If it wasn't they would give you the neutral options.

>Why should you have mostly neutral demons?
>The alignment spike that comes without warning
See
>Again, running around with a full Chaos party while being Neutral, pissing on their leader and then wondering why the Chaos party refuses to follow your orders is not surprising at all.

>My alignment has changed occasionally so far during the game, and I've been locked out of using certain demons during these times. It's an inconvenience, but I have no issue with it.
And those alignment changes don't count as warnings because ...[?]

>so it could just fuck people over massively
No it can't user. It's why the boss was so easy. So they couldn't get fucked over.

You do not know you are going to be pissing off a chaos demon until you are forced into the situation. There is no way to prepare for it, unless you were playing differently. Since the game gave you no reason to not play with a lot of chaos demons up to this point, why would you have done anything differently?

And again - TELEPORTER or CoS would FIX the situation. I have no issue with your alignment changing.

GUYS WHY YOU LIED TO ME?
PEOPLE ARE SAYING THE GAME IS ACTUALLY GREAT WERE YOU ALL MEMEING ME OR WHAT?!!

My alignment changed because I went one too many chaos. Not "I am borderline chaos, but this one decision will make me law."

But that's irrelevant, not to mention just your speculation.

>Polygon

>meaningless green text

>You do not know you are going to be pissing off a chaos demon until you are forced into the situation
Yes, it's very surprising that going against the leader of the chaos faction pisses off chaos demons. Could've never seen that one coming.

>There is no way to prepare for it, unless you were playing differently.
>There is no way to prepare for it, unless you prepare for it.
流石

>Since the game gave you no reason to not play with a lot of chaos demons up to this point, why would you have done anything differently?
>My alignment has changed occasionally so far during the game, and I've been locked out of using certain demons during these times.

A lot games in this series don't warn you off the weaknesses of bosses before their fights and you're forced to adjust your party to challenge that. With your reasoning that's shit game design.
I recommend playing another franchise.

ngl i'd let zelenin dom me

IIRC, you need to visit the Terminal near Hotel Princess and then go back to Hiroko's room at the Shelter.

>Maya boss in SJ

whose idea was this

>Yes, it's very surprising that going against the leader of the chaos faction pisses off chaos demons. Could've never seen that one coming.
BUT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU ARE GOING AGAINST THEM BECAUSE THE SITUATION COMES OUT OF NOWHERE YOU DENSE MOUTH BREATHER.

Have you even played SMT I? You step out expecting to start a dungeon, instead you are arrested and brought to the chaos leader directly. There is no hint, no foreshadowing, nothing.

>A lot games in this series don't warn you off the weaknesses of bosses before their fights and you're forced to adjust your party to challenge that. With your reasoning that's shit game design.
>I recommend playing another franchise.
Yes - but at least you CAN adjust when you don't have a good party for a boss. There is NO WAY to adjust your party in this scenario. Why? Because there are no fucking teleporters nor a CoS to use to adjust your party. Is /smtg/ normally filled with retards, or did I choose a bad day to come here?

Why would I play a different franchise. Because I think 15 minutes of one game in the franchise was poorly designed? You must be trolling me, you can't honestly be serious.

85% on Metacritic ain't bad. I'm excited to pick up my copy on Friday.

>Reviews matter
If you want the game, get it you fucking faggot. Stop trying to shitpost with meaningless things like >Polygon reviews.

Yeah and 85% on Metacritic is better than what Nocturne, Strange Journey and SMT IV got.

>being this buttblasted over good things

When did you guys outgrow megaten games?
I did it after my 18th birthday and my life literally did a 360° turn afterwards.

>tfw writting this from my $5K phone while my gf gives me a bj

>neutralfags

Hello Nintendo of America

>Participate in the new /smtg/ sings
>it was proposed like 2 months ago
Maybe it's time to close this chapter. And either release what was done or admit its failure.

>nonwhitefags

Polygon is only good review site out there there though. The most honest for sure. Witcher 3 was shit, just as they said, and DaS3 was underwhelming. They should've give a lower score to MGSV tho.

The White were right.

>Polygon is only good review site out there there

> anime
shit game

Too soon.

>/v/ starting to leak into the general because of reviews
See you guys in two weeks.

Don't forget the Doom and Bayonetta 2 reviews.

Name a better one then.
Protip:They all gave #FE the same tier of good scores anyway lol

Bayonetta was 7/10 shit game, nothing wrong with that review either.

>review sites

What are the official names for the Law/Chaos hero and Heroine?

Don't have any.

George, Kramer, Elaine

They don't have names. In Kaneko works Chaos and Law Hero are called Waruo and Yoshio though. The Hero is called Futsuo there but most people use Kazuya. I haven't seen any names for Heroine.

ikr
Anyone wants to participate? Come on, we need more people.

Hopefully release it as I don't want my efforts wasted.

The game itself is good user. The battle system is fucking fun. The only reason people were upset was because of the idol theme. And that they were expecting actual SMTxFE.

>But that's irrelevant
How is that irrelevant when you literally said it could fuck people over, yet it can't because the boss fight is easy? You're bitching that you can't visit the Cathedral or a Terminal because of the upcoming boss, but that boss isn't an issue.

The Hero - Kazuya
Law Hero - Yuuji
Chaos Hero - Takeshi
Heroine - Yuka

According to SMT Nicopedia page, those names come from character profile section in ATLUS公式リプレイ攻略ノベル.

These names weren't used in Final ("The Hero") or If ("The Hero", "Law Hero" and "Chaos Hero"), though.

Hero - Futsuo
Heroine - Futsuko
Law Hero - Yoshio
Chaos Hero - Waruo

Those are their names in the Kaneko Works and also in the English version of the iOS version's manual.

>The battle system is fucking fun.

But for some people the boss could be difficult, though difficulty isn't the point. The point is you are put into a situation that has the potential to fuck you over, with no way to change it.

That is poor design. Maybe you find the boss easy, but there's the random encounters with multiple enemies to deal with as well. I don't know how you can see this as being anything other than poor design.

>But for some people the boss could be difficult
And those people are shit and deserve to get fucked over.

You do know that you're bitching about a game that's 22 years old, right?

I'm not bitching about it. I haven't given any more than my one complaint, which was hours ago. All I've been doing since is trying to explain to seemingly almost everyone else why it's bad design.

I can't believe I still have to.

I love it when the light in hell subapp activates. It makes laugh as soon as the demons express disbelief that they're losing and they need to give me stuff or else they might bite the dust.

ONE

TWO

THREE

FOUR O CLOCK ROCK

FIVE

SIX

SEVEN O CLOCK

EIGHT O CLOCK ROCK

WE'RE GONNA COCK
AROUND
THE HOUSE TONIGHT

What the fuck was his problem?

Does smtg have its own Discord server?

no

The guy bitching about the alignment is sorta right. There SHOULD be a Jakyo near all the points were you take a major decision. Losing can be fun an all, but getting trapped in a cell with no demons you can use to get out could feel like a rather random "rocks fall, everyone dies" moment.

Yeah but only those with the demon summoning program are allowed in

Damn, Stephen must not have e-mailed it to me.

I kind of agree but there are some incenses, both bosses can be stunlocked with Zio and they also give 40k each.
They should've made sure you get to the boss fight before meeting Stephen so the player notices he probably can't summon most of his demons anymore. I imagine most players would load a save file and fuse some Law/Neutral demons before getting locked up.

Hama

reflect

Light the Hoy signal!

Hoy

I just recieved an email from this guy named Stephen
Pass the sauce my man

Hoy.

>page 10 again
Veeky Forums moves too fast

I might would. First, though, what exactly IS it? Are you guys just recording lines for no reason, or is there a purpose?

We all record the lines while listening to the song in headphones and then the guy who first posted is gonna compile them all with the original track so it's a sing-along.

So, I'm a young female (20), and my voice REALLY sounds like it. Am I useless to your project, then?