/bdog/ Black Desert Online General

No pastebin ebin trolle edition.

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss that was recently released for western audiences, with additional changes. It's a sandbox MMORPG that features action-oriented combat, open world PVP territory control, trading, player housing, and more.
Info from the site: i.imgur.com/r7VvB6h.png

>Discord
discord.gg/0vYcIJNhxt5cd4pK (join at your own risk)

>/bdog/ guilds
pastebin.com/VsDhYpjM

>Guides
pastebin.com/VH3XrCYb

>Maps and nodes
blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#4/-8.89/-25.22
blackdeserttome.com/map/
bdomap.mmoguild.org/

>Useful Links
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
Database: bddatabase.net/us/
Skill Calculator: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Class Armor Sets: wodox.imgur.com/
Else: Google it before posting

>BDO KR/JP info + differences between NA/EU
pastebin.com/P2YqnsCX

Previous thread:

Sardmeme

waifus and pain

So what server is the most populated? Doesn't matter if it's EU or NA. Just really not looking to pick a dead server as my first server.

Edan is most populated probably.

Edan on NA, Jordine for EU.

Edan. Jordine used to be the most populated but probably lost like 50% of its players since the end of May.

nice thighs

Need more leg pictures!

So does it matter which channel I choose or what?

No, you can switch anytime

Legs are one of the best things in this game

>this stupid preorder shit
great
another advantage someone with tons of money has
now I literally have no chance of buying what I want unless I bid 2x the price because some rich afk faggot can gobble everything he wants up

I quite about a month after launch.

Is the game better now?

Still P2W?

why does none color their panties?

Other colours just look worse

ayy

>2x the price
Try 4x. After last weeks patch like 30 people I know (including myself) put up 400m+ on various boss armor pieces. Unfortunately the system was bugged. Kinda funny that since Friday like 50% of those people quit the game.

I also just uninstalled it. Maybe Valencia will change things, maybe Awakenings will come one day, but even if all of that happens Daum will still manage to fuck it up somehow. I am done with this genre.

What's an alternative to sausan/cox? Need some dosh.

I do

New player here, what happened on Friday that made everyone quit?

Pictures!

Baka casta farm kek lets see how this one goes

Nothing specifically. It was just the last straw that people couldnt handle anymore.

-Pre-order system being bugged and not even a comment by Daum (no one knew if it will even be fixed)
-Sorcs and Warriors gutted right before Node Wars and Sieges, while the most broken class in the game received further buffs (Wizard)
-Node and Siege Wars not being what people expected or hoped for, particularly the inability to mess with other guilds presented a problem
-Changes to monster health and EXP which turned 'challenging' areas (due to being really hard hitting mobs) into complete fodder NPCs that can be farmed while being AFK (which is a big problem to some people, such as myself because we cant motivate ourselves to grind unless the mobs put up a fight and we are forced to pay attention)
-Field Bosses are now Free For All loot pinatas, every retard gets Livertos and there are like 6 dropped per boss, they solution to the shitty loot distribution was DROP MOAR ITEMZ LUL
-Barricades and Sieges structures are scaled towards +16 enhancements (which arent in the game yet), which makes it a complete chore to kill them
-HP buffs are scaled towards +16 enhancements which means PVP turned into a complete chore, especially for the gutted classes

Thats just the stuff that happened since Friday. Before that there already were various problems with the cock blocking of progress (boss armors in particular), the reworked PK system and a bunch of other things. Funny thing is that class balance was never an issue among competent players because they understood that class have roles. Daum (and all the other 99% fodder players) arent capable of reaching that conclusion it seems.

I would if I found something better than the defaults. I like the red hair with black/white underwear though so there's no real need for me to change anything.

Color them light pink, it looks just as good as white but cuter.

I cannot.

hey y'all just bought the game and wondering what class to pick up
zerker, tamer, valk, blader, or ninja?

i ran rogue/warlock in WoW, assassin/thief in GW/GW2, and katarina during my brief stint with mobas. as you can see i usually run rogue shit

i'd like to do the same here but not be completely useless in group situations

Well you ain't gonna play ninja, that's for sure.

Literally Ninja which isnt in the game yet. Next best option would probably be Blader since you dont seem to be into pets, else I would say Tamer.

Anyone?

Man, you're not wrong and I'd love to give it a go and show you but I don't wanna play the dye game. I'll do it if we ever get merv's pallet or something less shitty than what we currently have.

If the micro-transactions that were available at launch triggered you so much that you quit the game over them then theres no point in ever coming back because it will only get worse.

That is actually pretty disgusting. What an alien.

You guys miss me?

r i p a e s t h e t i c

Did you blow up the guild?

Because you know....you're a muslim.

Nah unless bombs are just really inactive and disinterested in being way behind the curve and just sucking at the game. What were we talking about again?

What the fuck is this dead pixel on my character's face?

Ranger a best

Welcome back, friendo. Finally got your midriff added to the game

Yay. Nude Valk is back posting lewds again.

Who?

Who?

I have a decent job to buy it now too. But I just don't know if I wanna play again. I just got so burnt out.

>Nothing specifically
>lists a dozen things

DDUE ASSASINS LMAO xD

^_^

Silver teeth!

There are AH sniper bots and captcha scripts for this game, if anything the pre order feature saved you from never getting any boss gear.

nice grill lil homey

Waifus will prevail

Probably coming back, but I'd want to go through everything on a new character. Is the questing and leveling portion of up to 50 tedious for alts? I stopped playing a bit after Mediah was released.

If you remember the first time around it's tedious.

Not much with knowing what to do and some gear.
It got easier now with patches.

All right, I guess I can use my main to buy gear for whichever alt I pick to start with. I played on Edan, and see that the pastebin still includes the guilds I remember. Are they all still fairly active, where I'll still see their members running around?

spaghetti is the only one worth joining right now
others are dead/filled with tards

Well, it wasn't so much the plan to join, just to see /bdog/ guilds around like I did when I used to play. As long as I can see some running around doing their own thing, I'll be fine.

Thanks for the answers, I'll let the game patch and then decide which class the alt will be

Just use the forums to find a guild.

All the chan guilds are shite

getting to 50 isn't as hard now
I just did it in 3 days of autism grinding

>3 days autism grind
what a casual
I got to 50 in 3 days while spending half my time fishing and exploring
my first character too
could probably go 1-50 in one play session of like 6~ hours

I only went from 1-16 the first day 16-38 the next then 38-50

If only.

>could probably go 1-50 in one play session of like 6~ hours
lmao I got it in half that

step up your game casual

I can do that in half of the half

>his characters dont start at lvl 50
time to get good lad

what happened?

Why does an ace person like you guild up with literal autists and dickbags like template bitch and landwhale? They are not a good crowd for you.

And post more waifu images please.

Movie? Isn't it obvious.

No one wants to watch humorless autists grind the same mobs for 12 hours with intermittent periods of getting karma griefed

How to get a liverto when you have to go to work everyday and cannot be online 24/7?
Feels like literally everyone have top tier weapon but im still on yuria and it's impossible to get a liverto from AH since they get taken automatically.

Buy orders only make it worst because they don't have limit and you cannot even see what's the highest order to place yours higher.

Just quit or go full lifeskills mode

The game isn't worth playing outside of lifeskills unless you have the time to be actively grinding and WBing 8+ hours a day

If you want to actually have time for other things just accept super casual status or quit

No waifus for you.

But lifeskills fucking suck

First time posting.
Really like this game.
Great casual fun.

You seem mad, user. Show me on the doll which part of your feelings they hurt.

What if I just pay chinks to grind me silver?

I can grind. But grinding doesn't help getting boss weapons.

This is a major flaw in the game. Why would they make only 1 fucking end game weapon? They should make it like armor and offhand with plenty of choice and you get the one that better suits you.

so is IC/Baka fighting today? I want to go watch a node war.

My friend just gave me a trial key

What am I in for? I heard this game's creator is bad for lolis, is that true?

he lolis are unplayable

It's almost like it's a shitty korean p2w game hehe hoho

Grinding nets you money. With money, you can place preorders, or stack up for the night vendor.

>shitposting
>NA hours
Who would've thought?

Oh look another garbage inbred tamer who never got gud or geared says the class is unplayable

Golly gee never seen that meme before

Stop typing forever

what the actual fuck are you talking about?

Hoping Nin/Kuno release next month will resurrect this game.
IMSOBORED

Never forget.

Is there any feeling better than escaping an entire guild right outside their fort, only to creep back up and spy on them for 20+ minutes while other guilds fight them.

So is this game actually dying cause the thread looks pretty dead, I haven't played since a little after Mediah launch but all I hear are dedgame memes from friends.

You can literally go to the number 1 game in the worlds thread and hear "ded game" memes.
im not sure why anyway expects these to be accurate.

It's not as packed as it was at launch, but it's far from dead. No harm in checking for yourself though.

what are polished opal for? i have like 30 of them in market place from farming catfish and no ones buying.

My first time seeing one of those was probably the coolest thing I've ever seen presented in an ocean in a game.

Kinda wish they were less rare

Holy fucking shit my sides are orbital
>day 4 of 6: week one for node wars
>both guilds claim to be PvP
>both guilds say "w-wait till nodes/sieges! we will be better then! I-i promise"
>First node for both guilds is a fucking tier 1
You can't make this shit up. Also ITC still doesn't have a node even though they failed 3 T1 nodes.

Are forbidden tomes worth using for cartian spell runs? I don't see a lot of people doing it just mostly relic scrolls. Tempted to sell them or the mem frags you get from them to gear up

This is just a good reminder not to join a chan guild for BDO, literally garbage.

Sardine is nice though