Feelsy historical events

I cry whenever I think of the Fall of Constantinople. Fuck the Ottomans.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0sdtkAM-Ud0
youtu.be/d39FBRxBM8k
youtu.be/rNUsOaB5V2c
youtube.com/watch?v=A5ecU2yGDpM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This thread is in memoriam to the last Roman defenders.

When the dunkmonkeys sacked Rome in 410 tho.
>The mother of the world has been killed.

*dungmonkeys

The empire was a decayed husk at that point and Constantinople was a shithole. However Constantine's last stand is amazing LOTR tier feels.

Check this movie out OP and friends. It's a POS Turkish muzzie propaganda film about the glory of Mehmet and the snackbars and how great they were to destroy the city of the infidels. Don't forget to browse the comments!

youtu.be/0sdtkAM-Ud0

>Battle of Berlin

>The Fall of Constantinople was important

When did everything go so wrong?

Marius reforms

>slavs
>lombards
>franks
>visigoths
fucking stinks in here just looking at that map

youtu.be/d39FBRxBM8k

these

>the surrender of Europe to Christianity
>the birth of Islam and its subsequent infection of the entire near east
>the Sovietization of Eastern Europe

The destruction of Tenochtitlan was pretty sad.

glad I'm not the only one who holds grudges over stuff that happend 500 years ago

I came here to laugh at dumb commies who actually take Marx and Stirner seriously.... I didn't ask for these feels.

I want to make a google plugin that changes all mentions of Istanbul to Constantinople.
Also Ptolomy killing Pompy. Fucking arsehole

The fall of the Roman Republic.

Waterloo

I was defeated, you won the war

Alexander's death
Seriously

Imagine, you are a soldier in the Macedonian army under his service ever since he was crowned king

A man with whon you travelled with from Macedon to the Indus Valley

A man with whom you defeated armies of Darius and Porus and never lost

A man with whom you've seen sights no other Greeks before you could've claimed to have seen, from forests to deserts, from metropolis to villages, from barren wastelands to beautiful lush environments

A man with which you celebrated and interacted with and also fought for

A man for which you'd give your life up at any moment

A man with intellect, strength, respect, charisma and other amazing attributes

A man that conquered from small Macedon to the ends of the earth itself

A man who was truly a legend, considered a God amongst men

A man who you almost died from an enemy arrow and you thanked the Gods he made it through

A man who could've gone against the might of Olympus itself and come out victorious

A man who was kind yet just, respecting yet proud, a great general yet a great king also

A man who shaped your life and everyone else's and without him the world would've been much too different

A man bested by none

A man who truly was Great

How would you feel if you were seeing him, currently feverish, dying by a fucking disease and not on an open field, in the glory of battle with his loyal troops, on a bed in Babylon where he is struggling to speak and yet he's still the great man he always was, only for a little while to be dead, a corpse, a sack of meat, Alexander no more, with his hands open to the world and no treasures on him apart from a coin in his tounge (if the legends are true)?

The Basileus of Macedon, Hegemon of the Hellenic League, Shahanshah of Persia, Pharaoh of Egypt, Lord of Asia gone

How would you feel?

I bet it'd feel pretty shit

He was 20 years old.

He was handsome, smart, athletic and virile.

He had a novel that is in it's final editing stage, and a philosopher renowned for literature at Mieza who read the first draft and thinks it's saleable.

He had a girlfriend who is confident, articulate, playful and spontaneous.

He had a small group of interesting friends from different social and academic backgrounds, and he also have many other acquaintances who saw him as a reliable source of humour and good company.

Both his parents were alive and in good health.

He have no regrets.

He have already experienced three existential crises, the latter of which was described as having the depth and profundity of a man twice my age.

He am a passionate lover, a sharp thinker, and a trader of witty repartee.

He am not self-pitying, meek or needlessly humble.

He lived a good life at your expense.

youtu.be/rNUsOaB5V2c
Oh shit

Didn´t come here for these FEELS.

Wait a fucking second did the
>H
>R
>E
Fucking unify by itself?
That has never happened in any of my playthroughs

>He have already experienced three existential crises, the latter of which was described as having the depth and profundity of a man twice my age.

>He am a passionate lover, a sharp thinker, and a trader of witty repartee.

>He am not self-pitying, meek or needlessly humble.

yu fucked up m8

Get fucked fascist pigs

You mean the Russian invasion

Imagine being one of the Wehrmacht soldiers that made it within 12 miles of Moscow after the brutal winter full of 20 hour days pushing supply wagons through freezing mud, frostbite, and being so sick you can't keep food down, and then being given the order to pull back because reinforcements weren't coming.

>Charlemane (i.e. Carl the Cuck) cutting down the Irminsûl

rome was already complete trash by that point. the sackings and the fall were a coup de grace.

That shitblood pagan tree existed in the first place and the Charles the Great had to get his lads to cut it down to stop pagans from throwing shit at everything and everyone.

;_;

>Muh Frankwank

Your post corroborates this image

was it worth it?

You tell me.

we have no good sources for how paganism was practices
all accounts were written centuries after the faith had disappeared, and the authors were Christians too

that faggot in your pic has NO IDEA what paganism was

the Pope, on the other hand, is the closes to God on earth
you can't say the same about him

but it's cute that you think a random LARPER is equivalent to the Pope in authenticity
says alot

All of this

All of WWI makes me sad basically. I can't even cheer when the Moskali bow out because of how things went to shit.

There are many wasted moments in Byzantine history to recapture glory that upset me - Nicepherous getting killed by the Bulgars, Thomas the Slav's rebellion, all of the infighting prior to Basil II which could have seen Baghdad sacked and lots of Syrian territory recovered, etc. If they had stable leadership and generals didn't constantly rebel they could have recovered enough land and wealth to survive the Mongols and Turks.

Julius Caesar's assassination. Imagine if be successfully invaded Persia.

The Frankish conquest of the last Roman enclave in the West.

Do you mean Leipzig? Had Napoopan miraculously won a decisive victory there, he might have been able to negociate good terms.

>we have no good sources for how paganism was practices
>all accounts were written centuries after the faith had disappeared, and the authors were Christians too

Paganism is a big thing. That applies to certain pagan cultures, yes. To all? No.

>tfw you are Chinese and you think of modern China

now that's a tough blow

>Oswald Mosley 1930-1980

>tfw I'm too much of a coward and idiot to go back to china and create a democratic revolution

i'm watching paths of glory and mixing it with all of the things i've heard about world war one from people in Veeky Forums is horrifying

The Library of Alexandria fire.

I kind of feel bad about the fall of the USSR from a western perspective.

It was nice to have a clear big bad enemy with an ideology that was brutal in practice but noble in theory, which could provide funding and a genuine ideological conflict and debate to us. (To what degree to we implement social-security, etc, to ensure going full Red-October remains unattractive?), we needed relatively large defence spending and to some extent that spurred cool aircraft, ship and vehicle design. There was even the possibility of defections.

Now it's all over. We have a neoliberal orthodoxy and our primary threats come from imagining Russia is still the USSR (now without pressing ideology and with far less pleasing aesthetics.) or from the threat some random terrorist will blow up a bus in London.

Our privacy survived the threat of nuclear annihilation of all life on this planet. It will die to stop a few hundred people dying in random bomb attacks. The world should not be this horrible.

He was a Mede lover.

Good riddance.

Nicely put.
Type it over a rainy day in a crowded london street.

The ottomans were a lot better at empire management than the byzantines.

I'm not a Communist but the whole story of the USSR (and the Communist movement in general) makes me sad tbqh.

Incredibly wrong and misguided as they may have been, it was a beautiful dream and it's rather tragic that it degenerated into such misery, death, and oppression.

This song explains it better than me.

youtube.com/watch?v=A5ecU2yGDpM

>USA
>God Teir

This is not a credible source my good user

The siege of Tenochtitlan

>Be Spanish conquistador
>Arrive in Aztec capital
>See it's a magnificent city dwarfing anything in europe and being more wonderous then anything they could have imagined
>Hey guys let's just raze the whole thing
>builds modern day shithole mexico city over the ruins
>drain the lake it sits on, leading to the extinction of axolotl salamanders in the wild

Nice going fucktards

also this

It was too good for this world

>terrorist blowing up busses
>threats

More people were killed by toddlers last year then terrorists. Any sort of extra effort spent towards trying to reduce terrorism beyond basic shit would save more people's lives if spent on litterally antyhing else.

That's the tragedy of it.

Terrorism captures the imagination and provides a pretence for a massive expansion of surveillance.

[spoiler]not that it matters given the private sector is equally zealous to kill your privacy.[/spoiler]

The Ides of March. It doesn't help that I feel bad for that Catholic priest who got his throat slit by Islamists in France earlier.

fall of soviet union

Well one thing: without insulting them. It's popular to go from Turkey to the west. maybe it could be allowed to change the name.

>is rock-bottom to begin with
>is rock-bottom at the end
>refers to it as a "fall"
ЖEЖ

The Death of Germanicus made me feel more than the Ides did.

After constantinople, imperial east went to Moscow. So Russia is really interesting too.

bad memed

I mean just imagine what it was like for his wife when he told her to avenge him and keep his sons safe.

Tiberius can go fuck himself

So many noble Romans who were killed for greed and treachery. I also feel when Elagabalus became emperor. Literally the most degenerate and the worst emperor there was.

More falls we have seen than rises.
Of course we attended Balthasar's feast.
We learned the speech of victorious Visigoths
In ranks of the last, drinking our pay, Ceasar.

We survived Roland to witness death of Charles.
Remainder of empires may expect no mercy.
Together with Louis the Saint, we dreamt of halos
vomiting blood in Jerusalem sand.

What was once mighty, now is but a joke,
where are sweet scents of Arabia and mysterious Siam?
Ages old religions are not immortal too
and democracy blooms, ages and fades.

And we're led by seven demons feeding from us.
In forefront - pride with latern a'dancing.
Greed clutches saddle and loots our sacks.
Lust roams under armor, this temptation uneasy.
Gluttony wills food and drinks over its limit.
Sweet laziness calls to velvet beds.
Anger wakes from dreams and rattles its sword.
Jelaousy knows no sleep and kills in silence.

And so armed with powers that cannot be cured.
We still raise and destroy empires.

>Fuck the Ottomans.

Don't you mean Fuck Europe?

The crowning of Charlemagne to the end of the Great War. 800-1918

>Western Civilisation/Christendom will never return, instead we live in secular, cultural-marxist shit hole living in the shadow of the greatest civilisation of all time

I applaud this post and its trips

-Let's say Istanbul becoming Constantinople can be a fair thought. No one has any reason to be offended.

-The Islam would have to become a more respected European religion. The Islam as in Turkey would have to become a model of how Europeans embrace it. At the same level of Christianity.

-the Turkish implement principles that allow it to prosper and be stable as most other European countries. I becomes a true worthy and rich country.

>Scipio, when he looked upon the city as it was
utterly perishing and in the last throes of its complete destruction, is said to have shed tears and wept openly for his enemies. After being wrapped in thought for long, and realizing that all cities, nations, and authorities must, like men, meet their doom; that this happened to Ilium, once a prosperous city, to the empires of Assyria, Media, and Persia, the greatest of their time, and to Macedonia itself, the brilliance of which was so recent, either deliberately or the verses escaping him, he said:

>A day will come when sacred Troy shall perish,
And Priam and his people shall be slain.

>And when Polybius speaking with freedom to him, for he was his teacher, asked him what he meant by the words, they say that without any attempt at concealment he named his own country, for which he feared when he reflected on the fate of all things human. Polybius actually heard him and recalls it in his history.[7]

>the thirty-years-war for germany
>all those small peaceful villages just perishing from existence

fixed

What does a country have to do to be worthy of being rich?

If you think medieval Christendom was better than Classical antiquity then kill yourself.

I'm glad Christendom is dead, I just wish something better had replaced it.

>Superpower the likes the world has never seen
>Global hegemony whose culture has touched every country on the planet
>landed on moon
>beat back the dirty commies
Make fun of Amerifats if you want, it's arguably the most powerful country that ever existed.

America wasn't an empire though.

There's a difference between a hegemony and an empire.

who said it was?

Oh shit, I can't read.

Yeah, US is unquestionable one of the most influential civilizations in history.

this. and i should also point-out that all other empires and smaller superpowers o'er the centuries have been absolutely brutal to the rest of humanity - invading and genociding their neighbors, mass rape and pillage, subjugation and exploitation, etc. you can argue against the US stirring the pot and causing shit around the world, but given the population, size, and military might of the USA it's a good thing the policy doesn't mirror that of rome, the mongols, the vikings, the ancient greeks and persians, empires of japan & england. nor does it follow the whims of corruption like the dprk, iran, rwanda, uganda, jamaica, half the eastern bloc, chiner, etc.

the pax americana is a very real thing and 90% of humanity has benefited greatly from it.

Thanks Dan Carlin

Nobody cares, roach.

I don't know if the current system of global free trade, which almost creates an economic caste system out of nation-states, is really benefiting those who have the choice of adopt either an industrial or plantation style economy, or facing nationwide poverty from protectionist policy.

Nor are those who've faced coups and terror supported by the US in the face of said protectionist policy, which almost appears to be a necessary pain in going from a plantation economy, to a developing economy, to a service economy. But all this transition seems to mean, is that somebody else is now doing the dirty work. Hence, castes.

No, just give back The City and move East. Eskisehir is your new western border.

>Literally the most degenerate and the worst emperor there was.

I recently had a wet dream where I fucked Elagabalus and Antinous at the same time.

It was great, to be honest.