/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 23th:
229 – Sun Quan proclaims himself emperor of Eastern Wu.
1794 – Empress Catherine II of Russia grants Jews permission to settle in Kyiv.
1940 – Adolf Hitler goes on a three-hour tour of the architecture of Paris with architect Albert Speer and sculptor Arno Breker in his only visit to the city.
1942 – World War II: The first selections for the gas chamber at Auschwitz take place on a train full of Jews from Paris.
1942 – World War II: Germany's latest fighter aircraft, a Focke-Wulf Fw 190, is captured intact when it mistakenly lands at RAF Pembrey in Wales.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 11 - The End of Days
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-developer-diary-11-the-end-of-days.950847

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - General Fixes V005
pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.1 - 20/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emirate_of_Afghanistan
mediafire.com/?8steh9vazd43rro
youtube.com/watch?v=LtU3vUOa2sw
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/rules-for-user-made-mods-and-edits-of-pds-games.708039/
poal.me/fngcqa
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Reminder o pay for the games you play

Bob Ross

4th for anime

gonna sack constantinople lads

Th for a better /gsg/ with more Nicky and Willy

what are the best army comps for hoi4? i already know that 7 inf 2 art or something similar is busted but what's good for tanks?

>playing GOI4

fuck off

How did Germany get this region historically without any naval bases nearby?

Managed to work past a lot of the issues I had with marriages and exiles, started working some more on portraits and the history files.

Did some more work on my character generator script as well, now only takes less then 20 seconds to define a new character along with the title changes and dynasty changes.

Are you frustrated?

By getting a treaty port/purchasing the spanish pacific

Not him, and new to /gsg/ in general, what's wrong with hoi4?

Liquor powered steel u-boats

>select all boats captcha

>not impressing the Byzantines after a three-year long trek to the Holy Land and a hard fought Crusade
>not making the Greeks look on from the Milkagrad in awe of your fleet's sails in the crosswind

t. discord

him, and it's a game catered to dummies and normies which triggers most of the people on this board

What did the goths call anatolia? I plan on carving out a kingdom there

Gracia

>scr. Inferred from gen. pl.(?) gutani in Pietroassa inscription. See Lehmann 1986, 163–164; W. Braune & F. Heidermanns, Gotische Grammatik. Mit Lesestücken und Wörterverzeichnis (revised edition, 2004), 3.

funny enough I was just about to declare on Russia
Who'd knew some little incident in the balkans could spark a major war amiright?

Why is Britian allied to ISIS?

I find it funny how there's two different Gothic cultures in HIP, Scandinavian Gautr and Byzantine Gothic

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emirate_of_Afghanistan

thanx bb

Vicky 3 when?

NOW

The imam declared a jihad against russia

What if Paradox hired Alex Grandi to work on vic 3's economy?

vic3 will likely be a casualized version of vic3 mark my words

liquor and steel would be the most profitable and POPs would die daily from choking on cement

>play as Republican Spain
>join Comintern
>Easily btfo Italy and Britain
>Hold off Germany in the Pyrenees while Soviets fuck around in the Middle East
>Play as France
>Can't even survive to '41 because massively outnumbered by krauts
What the fuck. How the fuck is SPAIN more capable of churning out CAPABLE divisions than fucking France

realism is not a meaningful argument

t. wiz

Spain gets mana from the civil war

"found budapest" is literally the only hungarian flavor decision in HPM? Really?

Hungary literally didn't exist for 90% of the game nigga

Well, I guess the AI USSR wins this WW2

Honestly, I think it's the fucking non-major tech tree. You can get a shit ton of free factories in the first 9 months of any game. You can also get two free research slots by the following year. AS ANY COUNTRY. Doesn't matter if you're Dumfuckafghanistan or fucking Netherlands. It's fucking stupid.

I mean, just look at this Memel that I forgot to post like a retard

Playing as China I wiped out the japs, then formed my own faction of "people bullied by the USSR" to fuck the commies and the PRC, followed after by the allies. By the end of it all I took nearly all of the former USSR and the allies decided to let the PRC live as a democratic puppet, so after the peace treaty ended I declared war on them AND FOR SOME REASON THIS FUCKING MEME COUNTRY APPEARED JUST LIKE YOUR SCREENSHOT AS ALLIES OF THE COMMIE CHINKS AND I HAD TO CROSS HALF EUROPE TO PUT A SINGLE DIVISION IN THIS MEME COUNTRY BECAUSE IT WAS SO MEME'D IT DIDN'T EVEN HAVE DIVISIONS.

FUCK

>EUROPE
*Eurasia. I'm still mad.

>expecting any flavor for releasable or minor countries in HPM

The USSR is a pretty big meme in all my games

The first thing they did once WW2 was over was assault the Baltic Countries, Finland and the Middde East, immediately starting WW3

how should I play Poland in HOI4?

did the liquor meme kill vic 2

Draw arrows lad

yes

and the steel meme dug it's grave

NO Liquor 2 is a great game

Sorry, I didn't mean how do I play it, I meant should i go gommie, neutral, fascist, etc.

fascist

fascist, help hitler invade the soviet union

all major focus tree has much more powerful factory focus
non-major has the 1 civ, 1 mil shit

The Pyrenees is a really good place to hold since your mountain province are impossible to invade with some level of forts

>civ 3 has x2 more players than vic 2
literally CANNOT make this shit up

They did that in my game too, I left them to do their thing since I wanted to annex democratic Nepal. Just before I took the capital for a peace treaty the faggots took them into their alliance. My border with the soviets was a shitfest of brits, claps and own troops racing towards moscow.

>the soviet union has been working towards closer relations with the soviet union

I know this is bait but that's because most people don't play that on steam.

Faction joining and call to arms are completely broken anyways

At this point I would just disable countries being able to join factions from their own free will until they fix it. National Focuses already handles it properly and it only breaks things further

No idea what causes this. Maybe it's a stupidly coded event that causes the USSR to aggressively annex countries they have claims on and pressure via army on border, but references the country that now owns the capital province, aka the USSR

I remember being able to annex the Baltics as the USSR by simply stepping on the border and fabricating once the focus is done, only Finland resists usually

I play on Steam, why would you now it goes on sale for really cheap

>not buying the best paradox game
t. robbit

Belgium looks much better split up

>Split up
>Not annexed by anyone
??
Not it doesn't
It's just a belgium with two different colors you stupid retard

belgium looks much better part of france

this desu

Also it bothers me that if faction A and faction B are on entirely different wars with a single country as common enemy, both factions decides the peace treaty. My first war was to retake the PRC and after the fuckfest of call to arms, factions and shit, somehow the brits could decide to let the PRC live without putting a single boot in the ground or even letting me vote it first. Fuck.

true

fuck off r&i you massive fucking autist

this but Flanders should be part of Netherlands

Hey, in the Manage Occupied Territories menu there's an option to "Release Nation" if I do that they become free right? Is there a way to release a nation as a puppet? I've got Serbia and want to give it to the country, but don't want it to join the allies or some shit.

Reee why won't HIP load past "Initializing Maplogic"? I know usually there's a cache to delete but I literally have no cache folder in my CK2 map directory. What do?

Why was Stalin so based?

t. /leftypol/

he was redpilled on jews

he was an angry manlet who sperged out at another angry manlet

Forgot Image. Also, this is my first time playing Germany. Is this enough men to start the war? The 102 is all Regulars. The 6 in Japan are Veteran Light Tanks. Have 2k Bf109 and making 4 a day. Only deficit is 100 arty.

t. a communist
t. someone that doesn't agree
t. an antisemite
t. a giraffe

Honestly though, he made the Soviet anthem more fash than the Nazi one.

>we fought for the future, destroyed the invader, and brought to our homeland the laurels of fame
>our glory will live in the memory of nations and all generations will honour her name

youtube.com/watch?v=LtU3vUOa2sw

So is HOI4 good and worth 60 bucks?

I recently started getting the benefit so can afford to buy more games now and not care if I don't get a dollar an hour out of them.

all me

Proofs?

@146339827
lose the trips and it's $40 not 60
your choice

filtered

in ckii if there is a dangerous faction, is it plausible to raise that vassal's levies and suicide them through attrition or something?

Here's your (You) you attention-starved dickless whore.

Now leave and never come back.

my plan for the east

>Courtair about to inherit a duchy
>give him a county
>Instead of gaining a duchy I lose a county as he goes to france.

Can some one explain to me what happend?

Hi folks, first time posting here but I understand you should be familiar with me, it's always exciting to see a new facet of our fanbase!

It's recently come to our attention over at Paradox HQ that this thread serves as a dev HQ for one "Historical Project Mod" for Victoria II, unfortunately this mod violates several of our mod rules, namely 1) The User Mod may not have an external public forum, they can have one for their internal development use but not disclosed to the general membership here, nor allowing them to join, rule 7) No material from one Paradox IP(Game or DLC, includes any content in them) may be used in a user mod, unless that user mod can assure only people with that other Paradox IP installed can use it. If doing that is beyond the technical ability of the particular mod maker or it is impossible then they cannot be used. and rule 10) The Mod should be exclusive to the members of this forum and or Steam workshop.

You can find our whole list of rules about these matters and the discussion here
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/rules-for-user-made-mods-and-edits-of-pds-games.708039/

I'd appreciate if the mod creator sees this if he could please cease and desist immediately as well as delete his mod files and immediately cease distribution of any version of the mod that contains content from other Paradox titles and to any persons not known to own a legitimate copy of Victoria 2 through either a linked code on their Paradox Forum account or directly through their steam account.

I hope we can work this matter out without involving our legal team, thank you everyone for being fans and together lets make space great again!

trob

Horrible rubbish gay blobbing

The absolute BEST GROßßGERMANIUMS is interwar Poland + the Balts

Based wiz, please save us from the steel tyrant

poal.me/fngcqa
poal.me/fngcqa
poal.me/fngcqa
poal.me/fngcqa

This is the MOST important poll in the entire history of /gsg/

the result will change /gsg/ forever

Good to have you with us Based Wiz

Epic big germany.

implying I will not be releasing Belarus and Ukraine

every religion group besides christianity is hilariously broken

OY VEY

Is there a way to make new theaters to organize my armies?