Why do some people deny evolution, even though scientists have unearthed millions of years of evidence to prove it?

Why do some people deny evolution, even though scientists have unearthed millions of years of evidence to prove it?

Other urls found in this thread:

answersingenesis.org/human-evolution/ape-man/gorilla-human-split-family-tree/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Millions of years of evidence was planted here by Satan to trick you.

Evolution has a side-effect of debasing humanity

If you buy into it, you're just some other animal. You're not above the other animals, you are an animal.

This should be countered by language and consciousness, but instead the debasement of humanity is cheered on by the academic left, who use it as a tool to protect animals. People are suspicious of this as Academia currently has an unnerving tendency to shit on Western society, and anything involving strength, honor or a higher ideal that is not directly related to Western society being replaced.

Long story short evolution is viewed as being tied to the worst aspects of Academia.

It's pretty hard to believe once you understand the underlying mechanism because of the timelines required. Also the odds of it happening as it did are extremely low.

I'm not saying evolution is false but it's hard to conceptualize random mutations and billions of years of selection pressure producing so much diverse life. For me anyway.

It's the left that rejects the idea of man being just another animal. The left generally holds to the blank slate view, which is far more compatible with human exceptionalism than the idea that humans are driven and shaped by biological impulses like every other beast.

>You're not above the other animals, you are an animal.

But we are the superpredator. The apex of all the food chains, free to do what we please.

Because people in general have some features helping them to keep their beliefs safe from contradictions coming from their environment.

Which is a bit less impressive than being the children of God

If there is a god then being children of god is significantly less impressive than being god. The relative difference between the two dwarfs the difference between accurately calling man an animal in a scientific sense and arbitrarily ordering man above the animal kingdom.
Besides that a lot of religions do typically associate man with some form of spiritual imperfection that does not exist when you simply apply the term "animal" to man in a significantly less spiritual worldview.

Not at all. OP is talking about creationists, who disinform the people regarding current state of science. This a very sociological topic.

>Children of God
So is the monkeys in the trees, or the fish in the water you are just another construct of matter made from God yet you christian idiots think you are the children of God. Unless you have some God's essence in you then you are not his children fucking retards.

You just don't honestly understand the amount of time passed.
Life has been around for about 2 billion years. That's about the same amount of time as from discovery of agriculture to now about two hundred thousand times over.

Pretty sure the number is closer to 3,8 (Carbon deposits in rocks) or 3,5 (first fossils) billion years.

But yeah that is an immense timeline in which diversification of populations can occur.

Most of the odds are pretty bullshit in my experience.
On top of that if I just flip a coin a billion times I can also produce incredibly long odds for my particular result and claim that the result is significant after the fact.

That and the timescale is immense.

>people deny evolution
... becoz it offends their sense
of superiority to the other
inconsequential organisms.

>Haeckel's embryos
>outdated tiktaalik reconstruction

Billions of years is a fucking huge amount of time when you consider that bacterial reproductive cycles are on the order of hours.

Because of anti-intellectual rednecks, basically.

lel

Apparently this happened.
answersingenesis.org/human-evolution/ape-man/gorilla-human-split-family-tree/

I honestly tried to think of some argument so I could play devil's advocate but there is none

They're just stupid

Be honest with yourself. Nobody but a handful of people who took a masters in biology have actually read this "mountain of evidence" supporting evolution. Very few people who support the theory of evolution have even read The Origin of Species. "muh mountain of evidence" is the defence of sheep who just want to believe in evolution because it is the commonly-held idea and they don't want to be contrarian and have to defend their views.

Of course someone on Veeky Forums will reply to me with the actual mountain of evidence but, you're a 4channer, not the working class majority. Most people want to get through life taking no hard ideological standpoints beyond posting memes on Facebook about giving aid to refugees and how all people are equal and how we need more gun control. Something that an employer will look at and say "well they don't try to challenge authority and stir the shit pot, they're good candidates for this position they applied for". If you have to read the evidence and provide it, you're taking a hard stance. If you support intelligent design and provide scientific evidence to the contrary, you're taking a hard stance. And most people want to do neither and just get on with their lives.

I think he meant in more in the way of go there is you disbelieve in this shit

but that's not how it works, retard. We don't get to choose between being children of God or aphex predators. Excistence doesn't allow us to choose

What you are basically saying is that we should lie to ourselves because it makes us feel better

they usually form their babby arguments around microevolution being "unreliable"

are you an idiot? You don't have to read all of that shit to understand why it's a million times more reliable a consensus than believing in some unknown power. Plenty of scientists have already done the job for us normal people, so there's no reason to go through a mountain of material, when it's all been summarized by the people who've gone through that material

What you're basically saying is that the truth doesn't matter because most people are too stupid to realize it. You're saying we should keep on lying to ourselves and not care about the truth because there are plenty of people who don't want to believe in evolution

Then there's the "kinds" argument.

Do these people think evolution is imposed by "the establishment" or something, to keep the man down? Evolution, in one form or another, has been with us since the antiquities. The Greeks, the Romans, the Chinese, even medieval Islamic scholars, were all proposing evolution of some kind. They were doing it without all the fancy technologies, such as carbon dating, that we have. It's not a relatively new "invention".

Yeah, this guy is actually correct, but there's a mountain of other things people simply take for granted on scientific authority as well.

You go to a doctor, because you believe in the doctor's expertise, you don't sit on your ass with a cancerous tumor the size of a golf ball on your neck and say that doctors are lying about cancer.

>Do these people think evolution is imposed by "the establishment" or something
I've been wondering the same. These type of people probably also believe that the weather presenters on TV are responsible for poor weather

That's their argument, that it's nothing more than an pagan worldview that was based upon faith rather than evidence. They argue that all the evidence points to their conclusion rather than those of the liberal academia.

They believe that their religion will be silenced and destroyed if this "atheist" idea becomes more popular. Basically, the mother of all persecution complexes.

>These type of people probably also believe that the weather presenters on TV are responsible for poor weather

Nah, they're the ones who think climate change doesn't exist in the slightest, man-made or natural.

Also this.

And this.

>castle hoisting idea balloons on island "foundation" manned by pirates shooting cannons at the other "foundation"
>the other castle shooting at balloons or at their own foundation or at nowhere or fucking sleeping

This metaphor is too mixed.

I don't get these people. So they believe that if we evolved from apes, that we would have no choice in acting like apes?

By the way nice color psychology in that pic there. For someone who believes that human's are God's creatures they sure have no issue at exploiting their bugs.

They see two diametric categories: "biblical" Christianity which encompasses all goodness and morality, and "worldly" things which includes all things they dislike. So they draw a correlation between "worldly" academia and crime.

Pretty much. It's the "you tell them they're animals, they'll act like them too!" argument.

There's also stuff like this.

And genocide. Gotta make sure they never touch the subject, lest they become a Marxist/nazist dictator.

Humans do act like apes you stupid fuck everything we do is ape behavior or just our intelligence augmenting our ape behavior. Chimps have the very same social behavior of humans we are animals user.

>Humans do act like apes you stupid fuck
I can see that.

Prove what? What evidence do they have? I'll be honest I never understood evolution. I just roll with it tho

>ITT
>Problems only Americans have

I think it's trying to say that the reason Humanism is winning over religion is because different denominations of Christianity are still bickering amongst each other

There are fucktons of Muslim creationists though.

>shifting the blame
Nobody cares about those in third world countries. The comment you replied to mentioned Americans. For a first world country, they have a disproportionately high number of people that disbelieve evolution.

t. jack chick

Are you using a Fedora?

lel

>first world country
top kek

Exactly

They don't like the implications.

You don't even need analysis over millions of years. Just look at a few generations in your own family. It's pretty fucking obvious how genetics carry over from the parents and each generation is a new thing, influenced by the genetic structure and nurturing / environment. Almost funny that it took until the 1800s for someone to write down such an observation.

>Almost funny that it took until the 1800s for someone to write down such an observation.
see

I suppose you deny the existence of the rest of the universe with all of its galaxies, stars, and planets beyond what you can easily grasp in one snapshot.