open 51.254.187.123:7777 no password

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3OZU3fi08-o
steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/951764989029122415
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

post yfw they backpedaled with the resistance system

Problem #1- Solved!
Problem #2- 74- [STAY TUNED]

Gosh Tripwire, it's butthole massacre time.

4th for stalker best waifu

>Old zed designs back as natural counters to specific perks

Have they said anything about what the next boss idea is?

NOW REMOVE THE FUCKING KNOCKBACK OR JUST KEEP IT FOR BIG GUYS JESUS FUCKING CHRIST but yeah pretty nice, good for us

It'll be /kfg/'s DARKEST FEAR
A teleporting boss who gains massive resistance to two weapon types that alternates every 5 seconds

A walking sponge that is made out of bullet resisting materials

Give them ideas why don't you.

Supposed to be the matriarch
according to voice files or some such she's supposed to be in an exosuit that she leaves when attacking

sounds like a shitty female hans

A giant noobish KF wanker here. I've played KF1 for a while back in the days, yet I always had troubles dealing with big guys.

Could someone explain how stumble/stun/knockback work? Each weapon does not only normal damage additional stumble/stun/knockback damage and when you reach a threshold then zed will get stunned and reset threshold? Will bash on "V" always stumble FP and stop him from raging?

Im also wondering if it is a good tactic to try and parry FP/Scrakes with default melee toothpick(as gunslinger for example)?

i like the zerker zed time heal a lot, it + speed/regen + 30% damage resist kinda make up for the lower max HP

maybe +1 max health per level as a passive would put zerker in a good spot

Idea: instead of vampirism for zerk, how about a perk that gives him +5% hp per trash mob killed? Stacks up to 20 times and each stack lasts 3 minutes.

He now has more HP, has a perk based off the class name, gives him a bigger incentive to go after trash

how would a minigun be balanced and should it be for commando or swat

It sounds like it would be like the M99 from KF, expensive with very expensive ammo. It could end up being balanced from having a long spinup time and only being able to walk while firing, as well as it quickly chewing through ammo, so it would only be used whenever you gotta take a big guy down and any hapless zed that happens to be in between.

You'll confuse yourself more if you call both of them damage. Otherwise you explained how it works. The incap build-ups also dissipate over time making it a speed thing.

>Will bash on "V" always stumble FP and stop him from raging?
FP has incap resist when raging, so it won't do anything (stumble doesn't stop his rage anyway).

>Im also wondering if it is a good tactic to try and parry
If you don't want to die as quickly, yes, you will want to try it any time you're about to get cracked open by one.

Minigun is a specific model of gatling gun, which shoots 7.62x51, like the M14 and SCAR, but at ten times the rate.
That high expectation can't be met with something balanced, something's got to give, which only leads to disappointment.

If you sacrifice the rate of fire too much, it shouldn't be a gatling gun at all, a regular LMG would better fit the resulting stats.
If you sacrifice the damage too much, it shouldn't be a 7.62x51 minigun.

But a smaller gatling gun could give balanced, unique gameplay, without any disappointing nerfs from what the appearance leads you to expect. A balanced DPS that lasts a good while couldn't be much higher than an AA12's DPS. To get that DPS with an awesome 6000rpm rate of fire, each shot would have to do notably less damage than the 9mm. This .22lr gatling gun would be a perfect match for such stats.

I guess the prototype 5.56mm microgun's out of the question as well then.

Holy fuck. Decided to check out sharpshooter. What took so long to add a class from the first game when there are only a handful of weapons for it? Also saw they added a cosmetic viewer. I'm utterly blown away by how much cosmetic shit there is now. So they truely spent their time adding that garbage instead of maps and weapons? Pathetic.

Wish I could get a refund.

Tutorial said that red flashing attacks cannot be parried - so I just don't care about blocking time then?

Also how much damage do you prevent with a toothpick block?

A 5.56 microgun going at its full potential would be OP, but the compromises needed to make it balanced wouldn't be too unreasonable or unrealistic. It could work.

Horzine could configure it with short barrels for the sake of being more reasonable for their mercenaries to carry, and that would take the damage per shot down, less than the SA80's.
And for their mercenaries shooting by hand using ammo they're carrying, horzine definitely wouldn't want the recoil and wasted ammo of 10000rpm. It would be reasonable for them to slow it down by a lot, so long as it's still well beyond what lighter, simpler, regular LMGs could do.

20 damage per shot at 2500rpm would give a DPS beneath the AA12's, making gameplay balance feasible, and those stats would fit a reasonable expectation of a horzine configured microgun.

Their own use of their terms have become misleading due to updates.
How it works is:
>Blocking
Holding up melee weapon.
>Parrying
The timed block, granting an increased damage reduction for the hit.

Now, the part where the glowing attacks comes in is:
>Weapon has Parry strength
Your weapon has to have a higher Parry strength to be able to impart a Stumble incap to the zed (I guess this has become a separate 'Stumble' synonymous with Parry).

In short, you can't stumble them but you can still parry any melee attack. Knife reduction is like -30%.

I omitted part of it on accident

The part where the glowing attacks actually come in is that you just can't impart a stumble on those attacks at all.

...but you still get damage reduction, right?

So, for example to solo FP as a gunslinger - you shoot deagles at it, it rages, you switch to knife, tank a hit from glowing attack to derage it(with blocking), then unload with magnums.

If you parry an unparryable attack, the zed won't jolt back, but you do get the parry damage mitigation instead of the block damage mitigation, which for many weapons is a bit better.

By toothpick you mean knife? Spreadsheet says the block and parry damage mitigation is the same for that, x0.8 damage.

In any situation where you'd parry with a knife, it seems with the current mitigation, it's better to not bother, and run full speed away instead. Better to get hit by one hit of a combo attack and avoid the rest, than to parry one hit of a combo, and get hit by the rest.

why are we still here

Thanks a lot for the info! You rock dude.

Yea, by toothpick I meant a knife . Wait, parrying with knife will give me same damage mitigation as just blocking? That make me a sad man.

just to suffer

youtube.com/watch?v=3OZU3fi08-o

Sorry, I'm in-game so the response time is slow.

>but you still get damage reduction, right?
Yep, you can still parry the attack.

As a forward reference, Gunslinger can decap FP now before getting hit.
The bash combo still works, but keep in mind that the first bash is only a flinch now due to resists, so you have to double bash if you want a stumble to get more breathing space. However, for what it's worth, you should just tank the first hit and then interrupt the rest of his combo (since most of its attacks are multi-hit strings). Fumbling with the knife will take too much time and space here, and the first hit usually doesn't do that much overall damage. The key is to master hitting some headshots during the rage anim.

To elaborate on making a habit out of parrying big targets, the goal should be to parry an attack while jumping, so you take less damage while getting boosted away from any further attacks. A lot of players just tend to run away without looking back and blocking, and just take it up the ass until the attrition catches up to them (which is a -lot- faster when they don't use all their tools of survival.)

Why would anyone ever pick vampire for berserker over the other skill?
I'm already getting 2 points of health back every second because of the first tier.
4 points back per zed kill instead of having 20% faster swing speed and 25% more damage is lame.

Have there been any fresh word from Munk on reverting resistances? He said they are rolling update in a few days 2 days ago.

>this isn't sharpies T3
:|

>Why would anyone ever pick vampire for berserker over the other skill?
no medic on normal or hard

It hasn't been that long, only about 30-something hours ago since. Their quote still remains for dropping it later today, but of course, it would only be traditional that it gets delayed.

to quote it
>Alot of you don't like it so we're heavily modifying it. and there will be a new update in a day or 2. It should feel very close to what it was before the bulls eye update.

>you have to double bash if you want a stumble to get more breathing space

Hm, I think I've seen somewhere here that you can only bash once, then big guys become immune to it for 4 seconds. Gotta test it myself after work.

>a lot of players just tend to run away without looking back and blocking, and just take it up the ass until the attrition catches up to them

So to put it short: when I know I will not take big guy down fast enough, I pull out a knife and try to parry an attack while jumping to give myself some breathing space. Otherwise I just unload everything I have on him utilizing his enrage animations.

More like a T2, compared to m14 and scar.

>an exosuit that she leaves when attacking

Why would you leave the exosuit, TO ATTACK?

Right; practice away when you can.

>I think I've seen somewhere here that you can only bash once, then big guys become immune to it for 4 seconds
That's probably either referring to the old incap system or the stumble cooldown itself (this has become significantly more lenient with Scrake's at 2.5s and FP at 5s).
The new thing is that they added 100 melee hit power to bashes, which nothing (bar bosses) resist so it always imparts. Melee hit power causes a flinch that pauses the zed for a brief duration, and has a cooldown that's nearly as short. This is what lets you flinch-lock zeds with melee.

Thanks for sharing all that info and investing time into my questions. KF community at it's finest) *in a non-sacrastic way*

hayai

GAAAAAAAAT DAMN

Thai kick.

yes hello where is anime

This one

I was thinking about that point. It could be the case of a chase-after boss, though that just goes against the philosophy of a killing floor trying to kill you.

What is this?

Batsu.

What's a good Demo loadout for Boss Wave? I used to go with RPG-7, C4 and Medic pistol but that's not cutting it these days

Assloads of RPGs, nothing else to really do about it. I guess C4 is expendable for something that kills the adds easier (like SMG or LAR). If it's not Hans then you're pretty much boned.

Guys, I had an idea. Since devs are limited in number of zeds(thanks consoles) but want to make them more of a challenge (thus resistance failure happened) I came with a solution for that.

Cyborg-Zeds, which are champion variation of current trash zeds. They have a metalic body with a few randomized flesh limbs every time. They are highly resistant to fire and explosions in general, and if you shoot/stab into metal part of their body it goes *plink* and does pathetic damage. However if you shoot at exposed flesh parts, they die quickly. This way you will have tankier zed without them beeing a bulletsponge and additionally it'd spice up gameplay because you'd have to shoot something other than heads (heads can sometimes be metal, thus resistig damage). Thoughts?

>Exo-suit zeds

>insidefag doesn't respond with a pushing bluff
lame

That sounds like an awful lot of work, user

They'd rather work on this than cosmetic stuff and resistances. Also it'd could be done simple-lazy way. Metal reskin and added resistance to all parts but few. I mean, since we have gore system with limbd getting torn out, zeds are already made out of separate parts, so you could work individually with each one.

>Also it'd could be done simple-lazy way. Metal reskin and added resistance to all parts but few.
if you keep going, I'm gonna spew

I'd honestly rather be FORCED to pay for crates than have that shit put in the game.

>Fully Armored Siren teleports behind you
>nothingpersonalkid.jpg
>PTSD intensifies

that and 10% movement speed so that it's not quite as fat if you dont pick the speed/regen

Don't worry hardcore players, there's a gap in the armor that allows you to hit her metal chassis underneath, we thought that headshots were op so we made this new zed that you should enjoys. The armor is also very resisant to incaps so its not good to try them on these zeds.

>Brexit and Steam Sale on the same day

It's gonna be an interesting day.
Sorry Leavers but Remainers are probably going to clutch it.

Don't you DARE

God damnit people, I said champion trash zeds with random flesh bits left as vulnerable points to shoot, not "hurr. hurr, put armor on every zed". Those would appear starting from mid waves, like 5-10 specimen per wave to spice things up, not "every trash zed has armor now".

Also, I should have replied to like this: we already have zed parts that are metal and resistant to damage(gorefast blade, scrake chainsaw etc) and KF1 showed us that making new models based on original zeds is doable(circus zeds, halloween zeds, candy zeds, etc), so how hard would it be to make cyborg zed champions?

I'M DELICIOUS

i bet u r ;)

Holy shit I want that game off EA. It would take one more year to add something like that with Tripwire development.

i had a dream about a flying zed that was visually similar to a husk with black bird wings instead of arms. the wings had a ~20 ft span

it was awful

Now remove zed teleportation, boss health bar and clot grab auto aim.

They did say that they were working on teleporting zed issues.

REMOVE MEDICAL HEALING AUTO AIM
ITS JUST A FUCKING CHEAP WAY OF THEM GETTING OUT OF FIXING THE HIT DETECTION OF IT
DESPITE AUTOAIM IT STILL MISSES FROM TIME TO TIEM FUCK YOU

>Now remove zed teleportation, knockback and clot grab auto aim.

FTFY

Honestly, I feel like the boss health bar is fine, because it's the shadow of a larger problem: bosses in this game are so bullet-spongey, it feels like putting a hundred bullets into them barely does anything, so you need an easy reference that everyone can readily see about just how much HP the boss is losing at any given time.

If they remove boss health bar, they also need to make the bosses more like the Patty in KF1. Sure, a Commando can still provide information about his HP, but like I said, the bosses having so much HP is the real problem.

Get up them apples!

INSULT PLAYERS

Did Tripwire remove Taunt Players option because it was considered cyber bullying?

CHOLESTEROL DOESN'T KILL
I DO

>game decides that a two inch protrusion from the wall was enough to make me stuck
>die
every fucking time

Lacerate or Regeneration for solo? Regeneration, right?

yes
and they would have to call your mom if you cyberbullied someone in their game

Regen.
Back when you couldn't armorheal at full health, regen was worse because of the lost armorheal opportunities. Worse than the nothing that lacerate always has been.

>people can't handle banter
Holy shit, most of those aren't even that insulting on paper, its just casual slangslinging between mates.
Women couldn't into banter though, they're just straight up bitches.

I BET YOU HAD TO JUMP UP AND DOWN JUST TO PUT EM ON

BET YOU HAD TO WIGGLE IT AROUND JUST TO PUT EM ON

BET YOU HAD TO LAY BACK ON THE BED JUST TO ZIP EM UP

AM I RIGHT?

Ana shouldn't be wearing pants anyway

I don't remember running out of ammo fighting bosses in KF1 like I do in this game
If people die early then it just becomes a tedious drawn out battle, sometimes people don't even have to die for that to happen

What the fuck were they thinking with these bosses? Hanz especially feels like a raid boss but with very few mechanics

1037 update is out

steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/951764989029122415

>Increased the toxic damage after the explosion, it will kill now :)

Fuck you

>All these 0.9 resistances
Why even fucking bother, it just seems fucking passive aggressive. They really should only add 1 or 2 resistances to large zeds and one or two buffs to certain damages against weaker zeds. this shit is retarded.

Agreed.

"Difficulty
After releasing the Bullseye update player win rates on Hard multiplayer are much lower than before. To increase this we're reverting ZED behaviors to what they were prior to the update. This means ZEDs will no longer have a chance to do more advanced attacks on Hard difficulty. This does not change ZED behavior on other difficulties

Hard global difficulty
Medium attack chance set to 0 (was 0.5)
Hard attack chance set to 0 (was 0.1) "

wait...
>Bloat unchanged
FUCKING WHAT?

>Crawlers are still resistant to MW

>All of that
THE LOSSES WERE DUE TO YOUR BULLSHIT RESISTANCES YOU FUCKING RETARDS! Fucking goddamn, why make such stupid nonsensical changes like this. I mean yeah those attacks and animations are still in harder difficulties but that's a lot of variation and interesting animations removed from hard.
who the fuck is in charge right now? how are they still in charge when they are so bad? who would greenlight these changes?