/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda general. Talk about Zelda games old and new, and all discussions related to the entire franchise in its various forms. Share and discuss art, music, news developments, timeline theories, speedrunning strats, etc.

/lozg/ #4 - Tolerance Edition Subrosians and Dekus Not Welcome

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Infobin
pastebin.com/7e60Xwd

>Triforce Heroes group of play
*Coming soon or never*

>News/DevelopmentsTwilight Princess Picross:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/93fc36d80848c6dc
>Link theme for 3DS:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/82df9c18e92f49fc
>Wind Waker HD coupon:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/5fcf540895787b91
>Bow and arrows for Miitomo:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/0254df5cf4af7f7a

TloZ - "Symphony of the Godesses" concert tour
zelda-symphony.com/pages/schedule

TloZ Card Game
gamespot.com/articles/the-legend-of-zelda-trading-cards-listed-online/1100-6439912/

Twilight Princess manga in the west
nintendolife.com/news/2016/05/the_legend_of_zelda_twilight_princess_manga_is_coming_to_the_west

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/KuiX9A7N
ca.ign.com/articles/2016/06/22/why-miyamoto-didnat-want-to-call-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-an-open-world-game
youtu.be/8K_jTsWU2gk
pastebin.com/E8FjmmKD
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Trump

>not linking the old thread

Every fucking thread

Second for THE BEAST

5th for TP Zelda will get the Link.

The first bin is dead. Here, take this
pastebin.com/KuiX9A7N
Replace the "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Infobin" next time.

Previous Thread:
GTFO Trump. We already have enough bad guys.

Goddamnit. It's been too long. Well, better to do it late than not at all:

Previous thread:

>TP Zelda
Her man was already claimed

Build that wall
Make Hyrule great again

Cough cough

Ganondorf is Hillary, not Trump.

The blue eyed beast belongs to the red eyed queen

[Hysterical chattering in Twili]

>dat ending
I feel so sorry for her.

Is she right?
Someone hopes this general dies too.

>IGN
ca.ign.com/articles/2016/06/22/why-miyamoto-didnat-want-to-call-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-an-open-world-game

Alright, so if Link was only asleep for 100 years, the Adult Timeline argument may be pretty thin. He'd have to either be put to sleep before the Great Flood, Hyrule pass from living memory faster than the Hylians even die, then the land unflood and the Master Sword moved from Ganon's head to a pedestal, and this Link reawaken while Cateye/Toon Link is most likely still alive. I suppose this Link could be put to sleep 25 years after OoT, sleep for 75 years, then awaken 25 years after WW and that would shrink the problems, but still.

It could also take place many, many years AFTER Wind Waker, so long that Hyrule was unflooded before this Link was put to sleep.

I'd almost question if this Link could be the Hero of Time in the Downfall Timeline, and that instead of dying in the final battle he was rescued and put to sleep, but that would only make the right-handed aspect even less sensical.

And Pre-OoT is almost completely out of the question, seeing as the Great Plateau is pretty clearly Hyrule Field and Castle Town.

Repostan from the previous thread.
Linkle has now the Pegasus Boots.

youtu.be/8K_jTsWU2gk

Everything boils down to understand when the Great Sea retired. How long took to the Koroks to absorb the Sea?
Also, what if BotW Link woke up when Hyrule was still flooded, so he was forced to go back to sleep for a century more?

PS: Is anyone else starting to believe that "100 years" is a placeholder time used in Hyrule? It can be the length of time necessary for an entire Kingdom beneath the waves to be forgotten or for the original Temple of Time and Castle City to be left in ruins and for the entire kingdom to shift North, or it can be the length of time for Nico to go from being a kid into an old man.

Yeah, 100 years seems the "many many years" of Hyrule.
Consider the fact many Zelda characters seem to live for a very long time. Hell, we don't even know how long is a year in Hyrule.

This quest is pretty awesome. I forgot how good Zelda Classic can be, the addition of sword slashing and diagonal movement are some of the best additions to the classic Zelda format

What do you mean?

That's an interesting theory.

Though another piece of info that supports the downfall timeline placement (as much as I hate that thought) is the fact the Monks all reference helping those who would defeat Ganon, which is the only form we see Ganon/Ganondorf in in the Downfall timeline.

The role of Ganon is important indeed. I think the fact they call him "calamity" is also worth noting.
"Ganon" actually appeared in the Adult and Child timelines, altough he was just a giant Puppet in the former and a Ganondorf twilight transformation in the latter.

I don't know. The Old Man could also be Ganondorf, trying to defeat Calamity Ganon, as a way to cut out with the past.
But yeah, Ganon being in BotW will have consequences in discussing the timeline.

Is Skyward Sword playable without a wiimote?

Yeah, if you map things right, put the sword directional controls on the right analog stick.

On Wii? No. On Wii U? No.
On PC? yes.

Still, it's a missed opportunity not playing with motion controls. SS is the game that uses them better. Don't fail for"muh wagglan" shitposts.

The actual crazy thing about all of this is that we have a serious problem with the continuity.

The name Ganon derives from the name Ganondorf, as far as we know.
Ganondorf did not exist previous to Skyward Sword or during the events of Skyward Sword.
Hylia was a goddess until long before Skyward Sword. She wasn't a goddess during and after Skyward Sword.

If those monks are blessed by the Goddess Hylia, then they must have been there since long before Skyward Sword. Why are they there? For what purpose were they placed there? When and how did they learn of Ganon?

Ganondorf HASN'T been in the Downfall Timeline, though. There, he's been Ganon since the final battle in Ocarina of Time. So the idea that he's Ganon right from the start to me says the Downfall Timeline is a bit more likely. What if this game takes place after Adventure of Link, and you're adventuring through the kingdom of Hyrule at its darkest point, hopefully to redeem it?

Well, the Sheikah know the truth about the Goddess Hylia. They probably still worship their living deity over the 3 Golden Goddesses. Perhaps, even, they are referring to Princess Zelda giving them her blessing/their orders.

It's trivial, I know, but Ganon is actually Ganondorf.

i thought somewhere it was confirmed that link tried to fight ganon before the 100 years, now he's trying again

i think it's way after spirit tracks, after nico is dead. the great sea was slowly drained thanks to the koroks over a looong time

but ganondorf in wind waker should hypothetically still be able to transform into ganon like he did in oot. even in the wind waker opening it shows ganon

Ganon was Ganondorf, but not anymore. Not in the Downfall timeline, at least. Check it out. He's only Ganon in that timeline.

>That moment when you realize Ganon is nothing but a puppet controlled by the actual Ganondorf
>This is why Ganon keeps coming back in history, you kill just a puppet, not the puppeteer

it's so painfully obvious botw is in the adult timeline

>koroks in botw the exact same ones from wind waker
>koroks are scattered around hyrule instead of being by the deku tree
>sea salt is found around hyrule
>the master sword is rusted as if it may have been underwater
>link wears blue starting clothing in all the key art, like wind waker link once did
>botw has a similar visual style as wind waker hd
>hyrule has palm trees
>spirit tracks had the most advanced technology seen in a zelda game, botw has computers
>old man is similar to the king of hyrule from wind waker

True, so if it is the Adult Timeline "Calamity Ganon" could be the manifestation of that form released from his prison once the Master Sword's power waned in Ganondorf's head. And his desire to rule over Hyrule is what drained the ocean. I've thought about how this could all work, already.

>Zelda Classic
Wow, I didn't know about this. Thanks for sharing.

Those are many good points. But still, we need a stonger evidence.
dumb frogposter

Link's new blue tunic greatly resembles Link's starting outfit in WW, and the description implies that this tunic is replacing the green one in the royal family.
My theory is that the Hero of Winds kinda replaced the Hero of Time in how the populace picture the legendary hero.
Also, pepe is (ironically) normie shit

pepe was more for the face he's making in that pic

didn't see that screenshot. that makes it even more likely botw is after wind waker, as that blue tunic is only used/famous in wind waker

>ancient (post-flood) hyrule

damn this is going to be wayyy after ww/ph/ss

Ok bros, I'm not the guy that promised to do a new pastebin but I wanted to attempt it too.

pastebin.com/E8FjmmKD

So, as you can read, I copypasted many posts of this general.
What I need to add:
>More Features and details
>Evidences that point out the game is set in the Child or Decline timeline (or in a convergence)

So, if you want me to add details, just make a list here and I'll add them.

I guess this means we'll be berated in some way if we ditch that shirt. And praised if we keep it.

Zelda Classic is gr8, there's a lot of good quests to be played. I'm currently playing Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2.

If you want to play something laughably edgy, look into Mario's insane rampage

Not that user, but this doesn't explain the goddess statue at the Temple of Time. I guess it's always possible that Hyrule's people uncovered some of their history and rediscovered her, leading to geographical or locale names like Lake Hylia and The Bridge of Hylia, but that's stretching it.

>she
How the FUCK did you know, user?

Also the thread opened up with Trump posting, so it's already looking kind of shifty. But at least it repaired itself rather quickly.

Veeky Forums is full of harmless off topic "first posts".
Please be in london

I keep believing the theory about cross.timeline travels is possible.
I mean, we saw a bridge very similar to Oldin's bridge.

LONDON

Good job!

>Evidences that point out the game is set in the Child or Decline timeline (or in a convergence)
Hints, perhaps. Evidence? No way.

>Decline timeline
Ganon is called Ganon, not Ganondorf.
The way you start into the game is very, very odd compared to all other 3D Zelda games. The lack of a community of origin indicates dire times.

>Child timeline
The Sheikah are prominent like in no other game post OoT. Even mentioning them is a pretty big deal. There are other hints that derive from this, but maybe there are better points, which do not rely on the Sheikah. If we don't find any, I could expand on this one.

Neato, I'll add them for now. Feel free to expand on already set hints or to find new ones.

I wonder if those who worship Hylia are seen as heretics in Hyrule?

So what are the chances we get some new stuff at TGS, namely some dungeon or boss battle footage? Maybe even some more story info as well?

I though I would share.

Why? Hylia is theguardian of the Triforce and the Triforce is the symbol of the royal family.
Maybe across the centuries people forgot about Hylia and only a handful people know about her.

>LoZ puzzles
Do want, fucking hell.
What's inside the treasure chest?

Yeah but it does seem that Hylia worshipped died off quite a bit as you get further into the timeline.

Nintendo never goes to TGS. IF we will get more infos it will be either during a Direct or during the NX reveal event.

But let's be honest, Nintendo made a very big deal about spoilers at E3. I doubt they will show us something concrete. Maybe more Plateau footage.

Why is links awakening still the best handheld zelda?

That's true, yeah. But I wouldn't go as far to say worshipping Hylia is a heresy. It's more something forgotten in time.

>Why is links awakening still the best zelda?
Fixed.

One day i'll build them and glue them all up!

Just some guides, I also have other little fun other Zelda stuff!

I own that WWHD guide too. It's the only guide I wanted to buy.
Neat collection, mate.

>but this doesn't explain the goddess statue at the Temple of Time
...Retcon? Really, though, when it comes to things like specific statues, to the location of Death Mountain, to the ruins of the old Temple of Time in relation to Kakariko Village , I've become pretty lenient on the changes.

As for the bridge, it's named after the lake. As for the lake, I assume most Hylians forgot the true source (The Goddess) and assume it's named after Hyrule. The Sheikah didn't name those after uncovering lost tomes, they were named then it was forgotten why they were really named that.

Thanks

At this point, pretty much anything is "stretching it".

In the real world, faith, rituals and cult were vital parts for keeping the community together. In OoT times, the royal family did not rely on Hylia relics, even though it would be more logical than relying on the Triforce. That alone tells me that careless Hylia worshipers are one step away from the stake. The Hylians may be the people of Hylia, but if everything is forgotten, then there's no saving from the ignorant mob

But then again, we can't rely on real world logic. I'd label them heretics, but they might be completely safe in the Hyrule game world.

Do you guys think Wolf Link will be explained or just kind of be there because there's an amiibo?

>In OoT times
>In Ocarina of Time times
>Time times

You're both on two extremes, I think it's safe to say it's the best 2D Zelda.

I don't know if he will be explained but I don't think it's just a funny cameo.
The Koroks, Hylia statues and other things crossing in the same game make me think even Wolf Link is part of the lore.

Why do the people that bitch about not having a female link also hate linkle?

>people
Tumblr trash aren't people. They're insects and their opinions should be disregarded entirely. Just ignore them and don't waste your time focusing on the bullshit they spew from the putrid mouths.

Stupidity. That is all, really.

Are those the iron boots? That's pretty rad

The only thing Linkle and Link have in common is that they both have blonde hair and green clothes, I don't think we should consider her a proper "female Link". I think she's better than a female Link

It's the curse of the Tingle Blood, man. Westerners will just hate her.

Close, pegasus boots

She's related to Tingle? Nah, you are bullshitting.

They're just tumblrina trash trying to get views and start e-drama.

Friendly reminder :
Sheik is M. A. L. E.

bullshit

What the fuck is Wizzro doing there

Melting your heart.

Maybe Hero's Shade taught TP Link some Jedi afterlife shit.

We were talking about this last thread.

If the Timeline Bleed theory is true, Breath of the Wild could take place at the same time as Twilight Princess, so Wolf Link is actually the BotW manifestation of TP Link while he's on his journey, like an apparition of sorts.

Link riding away from her in the credits.

Even though I'm a huge TP Zelda fan, I can see him going after the stupid sexy Twili Princess. But in the unlikely case he's not chasing after nearly unreachable Midna, he's going for the hot and rich princess up in Lanayru. Ilia is not a princess. But she's cute. So I feel sorry for her.

Really? I got the impression they wound up together in the end, Link just had to go do more hero things *cough*learn to use a crossbow*cough* first.

I imagine that Link had the triforce of courage as a proof + the support of Zoras and Gorons

I will stop now. I don't want to destroy your ship.
You can complete the game without restoring her memories.

I think that just symbolized that Link didn't want to settle down yet, he is an adventuring boy.
I kinda wish Zelda games had post ending content where we just go on smaller adventures.

I always thought Link was riding back to his village in the ending.

>The master sword
>Art from the start of Zelda 2
WHAT

You never realized what the "Magical Sword" really was in the original?

Because they wanted do be able to select male or female for Pac-Man but instead they slapped a bow on it to make it a new character with "Ms." in front of it.

None of the art made it look as much like the Master Sword as this one

At this point, I hope they keep Link androgynous.

True, but all the artwork in that style does. Furthermore, none of its depictions look alike, yet this is the only one that looks like any recognizable sword of note.

Androgynously male, you mean?