/acg/ - protected center general

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here.
>implying we have newcomers edition

You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bs_a0j_9RyU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>getting thread kill
>last topic was waifus
>this is on p10
I thought you weren't giving up? You want to go back to /m/?

no

>go back to /m/

Did we came from there?

That's the spirit.

maybe

Best tread design

tfw only one spread missile in VD

and your argument for that is?

It looks better than a guntank.

There's something so good about Tank Tread AC designs.

probably because AC Tank Tread looks like a modern tank? Guntak treads apperas as somekind of light tank from WWII, small, not very long, and some of them even have the tread completly exposed, that gives a "no armor" look, meanwhile AC tank tread are like a heavy-medium tank, with heavy armor, long tread and you can feel they can push everthing in their way, like in V intro.

youtube.com/watch?v=bs_a0j_9RyU

bump

Any ideas on what build is good to beat Nobless in the attack Arteria Capals mission? Weapons?
Plus the core and upper body of AC doesn't usually stick out.
Like so

oh yeah, the upper body blends better too.

and for Nobless, if you want the easy way, doble motorcobra, or kojima cannons since he wont try to dodge the attack when entering the area, just go and stand infront of his path. If you want to have fun, missiless and rifles in a light-mid weight.

>If you want fun use rifles and missiles
Huh

>use a tank along side white glints body and maxwell generator
>use gatlings as to destroy enough of the Defenses
>arsenic Kojima rifle
>it works the 4th retry and I get an A
Thanks.

>proceed to continue using it and add a bazooka and machine gun
>Ambient goes down in literal seconds, though that old fuck Wong knocked me to a B rank, and Neo Nidius is actually useful
Man this game is fun.

Where can I get moonlights though?

I think you get it after defeating Shinkai in the arena, for that you need to complete the game once, in the second run go for the ORCA ending, once you join ORCA you can fight him.

There are 2 spread missiles, and high speed missile makes them irrelevant.

His only threat is the laser cannons, pack on TE defense and grenades. You can also catch him on the only to the battle with Kojima weapons (since he rushes straight in), but that's only for COWARDS.

Answerer is Interesting. Trying the same old build with WG1, and should I stick with a rifle or something with a higher firing rate? Mostly tuned to reduce energy used up when flying and additional KP/Rectification, and had shoulder units to help quick boost better. Is a blade recommended or should I just use shit that can blast away?

Those missiles keep hitting me hard is my only issue. Energy is more easier to manage with more Points.

Well shit, I locked myself out until next run.

if it is your first time, dont worry, you NEED to complete the game once to access the other endings.

Flares are your friends.

Aim for the arms, or for the spikes on the bottom, the thing can't dodge so pack on as heavy hitting weapons as you can. Bazookas and grenades are nice. It's more of a damage race.

since the missiles are from above, pack some vertical flares.

>expect an empty friend request
Goddammit Ahab you just made me spit my Mountain Dew all over my Doritos.

I already did Collared, and finished their rankings, I just forgot that they block you from order matches every time post act 4 meaning I need to do it on Reset or something unless I have to do Ulna again to join orca.

>flares useful
Oh shit. Thanks user. Yeah I'm hitting those sections, it's just not getting murdered when getting close.

You need to do the ORCA arena which is only available during ORCA path.

Ah. I already got to Hari before being locked, so I'll just redo the path once I've finished first time.
Night /acg/.

Wow, i go to sleep and next thing i know, dead thread.

Bump.

Don't die please acg.

Bump.

nice taste

LIVE DAMN IT.

That's what I'm here for.
Just use that laser blade.

Would anyone like to play for answer? I've started playing online the past few days, and each player has been pretty cool. PS3 lobby up, if anyone wants to join.

still there?

Still hosting, although I'm not always around the console.

I hope you voted out, sheild.

You know what would have be a good addition?

If during the fight aginst WG, Nine Ball appeared on hard mode, it would be fun to fight two of coolest ACs.

Ok, comfy games 1vs1 games.

Also any tips on building a shotgun build?

Great games B+. What were those large explosives I kept running into? The ones that'd do about 1/3 of my health? It was funny seeing AP drop when they hit me.

I've never used shotguns in this game, besides slug guns. All I can figure out is a (somewhat) lowdrain frame, high kp output for over boosting, and slug guns. KP is the more important part, I think

grenades my friend.

>/acg/
That's animal crossing general, please go back to wherever you came from.

Bump.

We've been armoring cores for half a decade longer than these 'animals' have been 'crossing'.

>implying Sheild hangs around here anymore
But my oh my look at that pound go. Hope he'll be all right.

I always thought the heads based on the middle design looked pretty cool. Too bad they mostly suck.

The top head is by far my favorite head in the 5 universe.

Good night /acg/

Bump.

Bump.

it's a shame that it sucks. There are so few good heads in VD, really.

Middle design head is the best head in ACV and the other version (HF-227) is one of the better heads in ACVD.

The only viable heads in ACVD are HF-227, Umegae, the highest defense CE head, C15/Marcus Fischer, Sealeye and the one high camera TE head.

The KAGERO and the max def heads for both KE and TE (Starlight and Sakaki? also have their uses, if rarely.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

I fucking love Galahad head.

Bamp

Any euros(or anyone) willing to help me out?
>that free fall post confirmation
>Cameron leaving
Shhiiet

Bump.

Guys?

help in what?

I love robo-pompadours.

Ah shit, sorry for delay.

Trying to beat attack in arteria cranium

>arteria cranium
Since you already have Wynne, I think you cant do co-op for that, in any case we can give you build tips for it.

As far as I know you can coop any mission, even if it contains a wingman. You can coop carpals right?
Also, FA (and AC in general) is missing some huge 4v4 battles with a ton of Normals and AFs thrown in. I would have loved a huge mayhem fight like that.

Nah I'm referring to orca, not defend.

I'm having an issue when over Armor/bomb blast thing to work despite mashing buttons they activate it.

Check your Overbooster.
You also need to have a white PA bar.

Then stop mashing buttons. Equip an assault capable OB, and press the weapon change buttons first before pressing the OB button, as doing it the other way will make you zoom off into the distance.

>there is assault versions
Least most descriptions have it. Never noticed since I only changed OB's recently to match some enemy AC.

I only really noticed when I was doing an Order Match and it never popped up when I did it regularly.

What do I do with all this money now that it's worthless man?

Absolutely nothing.

Not even spend it on hookers and blow?

No.

Sorry /acg/ I ignored you for two days and you died.

Would a high speed Y11-LATONA frame benefit from reverse joints?

>TE defense
This is FA, user

Cool image, too bad this is the most impractical corporate AC in the entire game.

Swallowtail is the best looking head in VD, even though it doesn't really go with anything. Is it good?

Maybe, most lightweight parts benefit from reverse joints. The Lahire core arguably compliments reverse joints the best, though. Just and fyi, the Rayleonard legs cost way too much energy for RJs

True, I've done LAIHRE+Reverse, I'm mostly trying a medium light craft, LAIHRE too paper thin.
>trying a defunct company instead of the superior Algebra legs
It doesn't extent capacity for that build, though I like both the jet knees and reverse, guess I alternate

Anyone up to fight?

Game?

For answer PS3.
Never tried online, might as well.