>World Of FF
youtube.com/watch?v=QNMey5SKKkc

>FF Explorers
pastebin.com/jNVTmu58
Discord room: discord.gg/0mpm2kbJPLFjZGX3

>FFIX released on PC & smartphones
youtube.com/watch?v=4oDeSJI0qJc

>FF XI
/ffg/ has a linkshell on Asura: "FearTheVoid"!
FFXI June Update: forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50760?_ga=1.151649081.1275968002.1463817636
wiki.dspt.info/index.php/DarkStar_Servers

>FFXIV (3.3) on June 7th
Trailer youtube.com/watch?v=EPmeKA5-03M

>FF Brave Exvius
youtube.com/watch?v=7bhRtof5oOA
novacrystallis.com/2016/05/final-fantasy-brave-exvius-heads-west/

>Other game information
pastebin.com/cPCCGXNy

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2016/06/dissidia-final-fantasy-arcade-new-character-reveal-set-june-27
strawpoll.me/10560440
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

swords are for warriors
not mages

Threadly reminder that Vayne Solidor did nothing wrong.

what about warrior mages?

Well that's what you get for not starting the next thread yourself

blasphemy
and get scrutinized by someone? no thanks

Too late and to their sorrow do those who misplace their trust in Vayne learn their fate.

Hand over your rocks!

>misplace
Nah lad, no trust in the true hero is misplaced, so any fate that resulted would be good or at least necessary.

>Page 7

sexy

Which Final Fantasy games I should not bother playing on PC and why? Please don't just say the game without saying why

VIII's soundtrack is messed up, emulate if needed

FFXIV - MMO/Not Final Fantasy

We're live again btw

It's more of a final fantasy game than 13 and 15.

Combat in FF14 is faster than 15's to boot

gematsu.com/2016/06/dissidia-final-fantasy-arcade-new-character-reveal-set-june-27

who do you want /ffg/

Record Sphere as Login Bonus.

HGAnon is MIA today.

Exdeath just uses his sword for posing.

Marche/Ritz, Celes/Locke and Gilgamesh

It's gonna be Sephiroth, or Caius

out of the characters that aren't literally whos, Rosa and Rubicante are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that I'd be really excited to see.

Nah, I think they will announce the Chaos characters in order: Emperor/Cloud of Darkness/Golbez/Exdeath/Kefka/Sephiroth/Ultimecia/Kuja/Jecht...

"more of a Final fantasy game"
Dude, please

Banner 4 is calling for me, Jewgle will have me at my mercy there.

>Cloud is not among the first to be able to use Record Spheres
>instead, it's Yuffie

Huh.

I need you Meesh

so uh, which are the really good record spheres?

I'd get Vivi's because he's my favorite, but +9% damage isn't much.

Tempted to give Vaan a gun just because everyone hates him.

I just assumed off the cuff that the ++ dungeons for the dailies are the best to do for orb farming. Am I wrong in this?

No you are right. Higher odds pots drop 5* plus more greens per completion for the chocobo shop.

Thanks. As I was finishing up a dungeon, the thought entered my head that maybe a Hard or Heroic would be better since they cost so much less stamina, but I'm pretty sure you can't get 5* from those.

Also, the ++ in the Sunday exp dungeon gives the most exp per stamina.

Cool deal. Cheers.

Is Bartz a good choice for using Record Spheres on? I have his Lupine Barrage and have been using him for Tornado Strike a lot lately. Also, how do we get more Record Spheres besides this daily login stuff?

Event rewards.

There will be more, so just bank them if you're not using anyone.

So in Brave Exvius it's not worth summoning too much with lapis at this point, is it? My current dudes are Edgar, Krile, Shadow and Cyan along with a couple of guys from the FP draws including a thief who keeps gobboing up all my potiomns with his auto potion shit. Should I just hoard lapis for now until there's a drop rate boost for some good characters?

It looks like they actually did a sensible thing for once and put a long of underused characters in there first.

Yes

Also drop Aldin for Paul asap and stop equipping potions while using aldin. Paul may have auto potion too though, I forget. Either way they cant use hi potions

I honestly think emulating them is the best answer for all of them besides X/X-2 HD and maybe XIII~LR. They are either a port from the iOS version which looks terrible on PC, run like shit or you will need to used mods to make it look decent.

I have no complaints about X/X-2 mod, XIII I don't know if they fixed it but it was pretty hit-or-miss if it would stutter like hell or be playable, but XIII-2 and LR were a lot better in this regard. And you have dual audio with all of them, even if you have to mod it on X/X-2. From the old ones the only one I didn't think was that bad was III honestly.

>Trying to use Clear Cache menu in FFRK
>Keep getting "An Error Occured. Reloading" message
Looks like Reinstall the game is still better than using it.

I want Cecil's BSB, still need a medica (Relm), and wouldn't complain if I got Celes' SSB. Should I bet it all on Banner 1 or are the next FF4 banners going to be better overall?

ded general, ded fantasy

Buy gems and you can have all the banners kupo!

WHO PRIORITY

If you don't need/want shout or SG sure.

who's your favorite cutiepie

Whoever your favourites are. Failing that if you have SG and use Tyro a lot this is a way to finally buff up his garbage stats.

Hell I have Yuna's Medica and even I'm thinking of pulling on that banner since I just noticed Relms' is a bigger heal.

Wow, such a gamebreaking change. Let see if the reddit whales stick around after this drastic change.

It kinda annoyed me how Reflect and Drainga were at the end of the list instead of being among their WHM and BLM brethren.

Going to make pulls on 1, 4 and 5 banner. With extra on 4. Pretty good stuff all around though.

hopefully I can have 200 myth by the time even ends.

Burst Banner 1. FF4 will have the generic crap relics with a higher pull rate than the good stuff. With the burst banner your consolation prizes are at least still halfway decent SBs.

Hopefully I'll get to 300(260 right now), really don't know how to split up my mythril, I want to use as much as I can on P4 but P1 also looks tempting

Real waifus have waifus.

>checking out stats of bosses in Big Bridge event
>Girugamesh apparently uses Retaliate when he's nearly dead; this Retaliate apparently makes him counter attack after getting hit with any kind of attack

look at him resorting to reta meta what a faggot git gud scrub

> No orbfest for BSBfest.

Fuck. Really wanted 100 mith for banner 4.

Bahamut in the current event literally does that from the start, and every 5th time is a AE blowout.

but does he counter countered hits?

Big Bridge is a bannerless Orbfest event, BSBfest is a dungeon/orbless Banner event. That's why they went parallel in JP. They just decided to shit up the schedule for global for some reason and now we have stuff like Flexible Arm simultaneously being on BSB fest banner and Braska banner.

That guy's a fucking dick.

What else is on Banner 4 other than Bartz SSB and BSB?

I actually lost 2 damage medals to him when I usually only lose one to U's.

(granted I went at him with no Wall or Shellga which was a fun experience.)

Think of the SB people are jerking off the hardest to and you can probably guess.

Real waifus have _dicks.

Yeah I also lost 2 medals for that. They really should've given more leeway considering him countering is inevitable unless you retaliate cheese.

>unless you retaliate cheese.
He counters retaliate counters too. Every 5th hit is still the AoE, there's no way around it.

Doesn't look like it if what I read isn't lying to me, so your reta meta can beat out his.

This might sound like a stupid fucking question, but to understand the use of lifesiphon some guys seem to advocate here:

Do you use the charges during the mob battles in order to reach the boss at 2-3 full bars for barrages? Or do you auto-attack and use lifesiphon at the boss with soul breaks whenever possible?

Bonus Points: Use your own Gilgamesh to retaliate his retaliate.

Inb4 that's a Cid Mission.

Do you play FFRK? Please vote and contribute to the science!

strawpoll.me/10560440 (embed)

I use Lifesiphons on the last stage of mobs to build up one bar. Bosses have a surpriding amount of HP in the endgame Elite Dungeons so I still need Lifesiphons for extra damage.

But it's not even Fantasy anymore
It's Modern Fiction.
When I look at 15's cast I don't see a lick of Fantasy, I see what your modern Hot Topic goers would think is cool.
Even 13 had Fang and Vanille who offset the modern characters designs
Hell even FF7 which started the whole 'modernization' of FF games had a Dog, a Ninja, a man with a gun arm and a Vampire/Demon man.
FF15 just looks to be as dull and lifeless as it's cast, with no effort made to make it feel like I'm in a fantasy world, but in a Modern Day setting that just happens to have monsters in it.
It's not a Fantasy game, it's Fiction or Sci-Fi. No amount of tropes will change it.

Kingsglaive is more over as a player party than actual main cast tbqhwyf.

basically the same as VIII then

VIII exists too y'know

Lifesiphon is more for battles where you get tossed straight into the boss fight without mob build up. Like the +-+++ and U/+ battles. In normal core dungeons and previous stuff you can usually build a few bars just taking out the normal stuff with regular attacks depending on how many waves/targets there are and if you aoe them down or not.

2 lifesiphon uses with ace striker or ramza's version is a full SB gauge usually so you can hit twice with it, pop SB, repeat

Yeah and people HATED 8.

>it needs to have a random cast of out of place meme characters to be a fantasy game
Yeah god forbid the world makes an ounce of sense for once.

>Acting like Veeky Forums's contrarian opinion means something against public opinion.

The entire point of fantasy is that it's not reality.
>Out of Place Meme characters
So you're retarded and don't actually play Final Fantasy games.

Not the guy, but I hate VIII for that reason as well (it's mid-low on the list of reasons). Although I'm hyper allergic to downplaying magic to a degree that I knew I hated XII the moment the the flying machine was called a tonberry.

XII naming an airship after a monster doesn't downplay magic at all you fucking dumbass

And it took an obscure sequel to come out that had actual Tonberries.

>public opinion
public opinion sold the game 8 million times
third best selling final fantasy game after X (2nd) and VII (1st)

They named every sophisticated transportation machine after either a Summon or a popular monster.

Ifrit is a giant bomber airship, for example.

Leviathan is a dreadnought.

Sales =/= Game Quality.
By your Metric CoD games are all amazing and that FF8 is a better game than FF4, 5, 6 and 9.
Of course people were going to buy it because it was called Final Fantasy and FF7 was a good game, and the internet wasn't big enough to say otherwise.

>Public doesn't like IX, literally the best one, loved by the makers and a giant homage to everything Final Fantasy that came before it.

Also 7 and 8 had PC releases long before the only recent one of 9, and X was bundled with the PS2 I believe?

Fantasy doesn't have to be "I took random concepts from these buckets and threw them together". It's literally just a world that's bound to a set of rules different than our own.

It's pretty awkward when there's a ton of things in games that clearly don't fit even in their own world, suspension of disbelief can only carry you so far.

Is it weird that I hated XIII's "magical gods who are actually machines" but look forward to XV's "modern kingdom with cars and fast food and shit but actually they're considered 'magical' and 'old-fashioned'"

So you're saying that doing that downplays the idea of summons, despite the fact XII also had actual summons?

You fucking retard.

Hey, I'm just saying it was a first impression. The game pushed me away for much different reasons later, but I remember audibly snarling at the name.

That being said, XII was a very technological and grounded world during normal hours, so I think it was quite correct.

That's fiction user.

If it was our world it would be non-fiction.

Nah, I'm not the guy you were arguing with. Just updating you both on the fact it was a theme present throughout the entire game.

Even the little patrolly floaty things are called Remora, the shuttle you escape the Leviathan with also had some monster name, etc.

>FF8 is a better game than FF4, 5, 6 and 9
It is though.

XV looks like it'll deliver it much better, so not weird at all. A consistent part of the world is much more attractive to me as well.

There really isn't any difference between fiction, science fiction and full blown magical fantasy other than flavor and public expectations.

>modern tech in a world with monsters, cars, planes and shit
>inventory style magic stocks
>magic draw points scattered through the world
>ability to break items down into magic
FFXV is the proof-of-concept for FFVIII Remake. You saw it here first.