/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

Intern Wesley Crusher in charge of game code edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Dev Diary about upcoming Asimov patch
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-37-asimov-patch-part-2.950536/

>Unofficial Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/civ6_overview.html

Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=krqqqgixNq8
youtube.com/watch?v=yKUFvo3_FYQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shut up Wesley

You do mean the one where you walk around the palace, talks to the Atreides, and then takes an ornitopter, flies to a sietches and hire fremens?

I loved that game.

I like this one better.

>kind of enjoyed Lynch's Dune because I didn't know about Dune before back then
>never played a single dune game
>thought the Dune Miniseries was boring with terrible effects
>tried reading Dune, couldn't stand it because it's not scifi, it's middle ages drama with scif/fantasy elements

Yes. With godly early 90s synth midi soundtrack.
It was the first truly cross genre game i ever played. Adventure puzzle game meets rts

my MOTHER said it is ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It gets more sci-fi later on.

If you want the full autism go find The Dune Encyclopedia, a work so godly it's not even canonical to the setting it's in.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

The book really IS SciFi, in the classic sense.

It also helps to remember that Herbert was literally high as fuck on LSD when he came up with the concept for the book, and thought that in the future everyone would always be high as fuck on something, too.

I.. I'm not a Commander yet, but what did you want to know?

Spice is like DMT

Do you use them?

What is going on here? Wesley, put on your pants!

Anyone got a working torrent for 1.2 Asimov patch?
The one in the previous thread gives me a "division by zero" error when i try to patch the game.

too late Mom!

First time I see it.

There was music? When I played it, characters were animated and stuff, but there was no sound at all.

it is ok, Wes
I am your mother and I will always love you
come here

your mother may ride the captain's D all day

but you will still shut the fuck up when I tell you

On the subject of space, could someone recommend me good movies/series about space while I'm waiting for pirarte patch?

Event Horizon, Cargo, Moon.

I watched Expanse recently. I enjoyed it, but got confused who is who and wants what by the end.

Like the intro youtube.com/watch?v=krqqqgixNq8

psst, hey Wesley

It was originally a cdrom game with full voice audio.
You might have dl a ripped version without music
Oh yea thay was another thing it did. FULL VOICE AUDIO in 1991. Amazingly ahead of is time.

No, I remember Prince of Persia.
We didn't have any sound at all.

Thanks, will look into Expanse first as It is a series.

I'm still waiting for a series like Babylon though.

Hey guys check it out

Civ 6 gameplay narrated by Sean Bean

youtube.com/watch?v=yKUFvo3_FYQ

I hope he's the official narrator, that'd be fucking wonderful

Bit late to the party there pal

Does Asimov fix the game?

:(

LOL

my sides, thanks for a good laugh user

Well since I have 100% warscore and the enmey refuses to end the war, I'd say no. Buggy as shit.

Coolest thing is that when you upgrade stations they gain in military power.

Stations are upgradable now?

Stations have always been upgradeable.

>update game
>load my ironic democracy happiness meme save
>bonus to production now much lower
>can't undock my fleet without going into massive deficit

thx paracucks

This is disappointing.

It's still in beta, though, right?

How good is Paradox in fixing things before official release -- base game not withstanding?

So just the same shit where you have to demolish them and rebuild?

I'm thinking of downloading Stellaris again, is there a list of recommended mods or do I have to go through steam workshop?

Also is there a /civ4xg/ mod or do you guys ever think of making one?

Why do we only talk about this Stellaris game now

What happened to Civ 5, Civ 4, Alpha Centauri, Beyond Earth, Endless Legend, etc?

Also is Stellaris good? I've apparently been under a rock for the last couple of months and haven't heard of it until now

Stellaris is a cool idea, but it needs a lot of work. Plenty of bugs and the mid/end game is fairly boring

Using observe command to see how AI fare with my custom empires. What's up with Fallen Empire and its ringworld full of primitives?

It's underdeveloped but still sort of fun. Lots of issues lots of underdesigned stuff. We talk about it because it's new.

>What's up with Fallen Empire and its ringworld full of primitives?
>mfw a blot appears in the territory of a xenophobic FE
>and then the blot goes away

So when will we get the opportunity to play as pre-FTL primitives?
I think it has potential.

>pre-FTL primitives
>be enlighted
>be integrated
>potential

>thinking whether I should go for culture or science win this game
>asshole neighbor starts sending great prophets to my cities
>have to destroy him from the face of the earth
>everyone hates me
>kill them too

Why does this always happen?

>Let galaxy play itself
>Fanatic purifiers are first to go

Kek, so much for purification.

>Standing in a field filled with ash, smoke, nuclear debris and bodies
>YOU MADE ME DO THIS, DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL

I know that feel.

>let galaxy play itself
>fanatic militarist materialists conquer the galaxy
Alternatively
>fanatic xenophile pacifist makes a federation including almost everyone

>let galaxy play itself
>come back the next day
>its the year 2700
>everything is still the same

I cant stress this enough, but this is my favourite gameplay element:

>uplift primitives
>lose war to xenophobic fallen empire
>they demand I abandon the primitives
>accept
>check the planet
>the natives decided to abandon their homeworld, too

Do you think Sean Bean has ever played video games?

They don't even have electricity up north so probably not

That terra incognita canvas effect is fucking beautiful.

holy fuck that game looks amazing. It seems to have basically everything I've ever hoped they'd go for with the Civ series.

I still won't preorder it though. Civ V seemed great before the release too but the AI was beyond retarded and it's even still broken as fuck.

STELLARIS WHOOPING -10% OFF BUY RIGHT NOW HOT DEAL.

I already get it for -100%.

Turned out Fallen Empire absolutely obliterates even developed scourge, but their AI don't seem to be able to finish the job.

That's the problem. They might be fallen empires, but techwise they're only 150-200 years ahead of the player (at start). There's no way for them to revitalize and they have nothing happening for them besides their triggers (holy worlds, purging, bordering etc.) They're just another "interesting idea but very shallow implementation"

They successfully overran me last time. They also attacked Scourge (I deliberately triggered it on year one and went observer to see how it goes) but failed to actually fix themselves on orbits.

I have no problem with their current concept of life from trigger to trigger, but once they are onto something they should stick to it.

I just think there's so much more that could be done with them. They could reawaken, go through some renaissance, at least have some tech the player can't conventionally research and is only a low-chance drop in debris. Have some great prophet send the holy guardians into some new mission, have a new galactic powerhouse make those isolationists get their shit together.

Yay, that kinda helps actually since I'm thinking about blowing a hundo on some games.
Fuck it, should I get the stupid spider race package?
Any good music since the soundtrack is included as well?

Like the music as ambient, but not enough to listen separately.

>mfw Sean Bean is the actual in-game narrator

One of the rare games where narrator dies in mid-game.

Not gonna lie, the UI styling makes it feel like Sim City, which is not the way to go if you want to convince people your game isn't complete shite

The only reason this thread is even called 4xg is because Stellaris got pushed out of /gsg/, before Stellaris there was like one Civ 6 thread after the announcement. Even with the 4xg now, nobody will be playing anything else, at least until Civ 6 drops

Anybody have Asimov available for pirates yet?

The Neptunia mod is great.

ES2 when?

Hopefully never. I'm still salty about the AI producing 3x faster than me on blockaded planets.

Is MoO going to be good, /4xg/?

Does that mean the narrator dies at the end?

Sean Bean is secretly the Barbarian King. He dies and is replaced by Wesley when you kill the last barb on the map.

But MoO is the best already.
Unless you talking about the new one then probably it gonna be medicore.

So, it just occurred to me that the upcoming release of Civ VI means that Beyond Earth has probably been left behind.

It will never reach whatever potential that it might have had.

I like that. It could be a midgame crisis of some sort. A Fallen Empire decides it's enough time being fallen and decides to Become Great Again™.

It's broken. I think it can't really be salvaged beyond scrapping everything. Particularly units.

In theory it was a good idea, but result was just build more hovertanks. And having branches increase affinity shows that they very poor idea of what they are doing.

I just really, really wanted Alpha Centauri again.

Stellaris kind of scratches that itch, but the enemy empires need to have more personality.

The best is MoO3

>Excess energy is used to give weapons extra damage

O-ok?

Well that's pretty awesome.

>unbidden event
>quickly save the galaxy before they become a real problem
>the entirety of the galaxy is now in a federation against me
>and then paradox ruins slavery

slavery is arguably stronger now comparatively since everything else got a bigger nerf

I'd rather have more customization over how the other empires start. It would be pretty fun to play as a race that recently acquired FTL while there are already federations and shit going at each other throats.

You could always set all other AI empires to advanced starts. They will quickly overwhelm you especially on higher difficulties

The only thing I like about 1.2 is that I can build fortresses with Tachyon Lances that will actually fucking help one another out and do something, instead of building 5 in a star formation and watching a shield fleet wipe them out one at a time.

What?

>individualism wasn't actually renamed to liberal fascism
Fuck you Wiz.

>Irenic Democracy
> * Happiness effect removed
>(NEW) Core Systems increased by 4

>Subconscious Consensus
> * Core Systems effect removed
> * (NEW) Happiness increased by 10%

Into le waste.

Dear /civ4xg/.

During current sale, both Pandora: First Contact with expansion and Beyond Urf with expansion, cost around the same, 15 EUR or something.

Which one is worth buying? Or neighter?

Individualistic shouldn't be in the game anyway. Heavily individualistic society wouldn't be able to be this technologically advanced

usually I go for culture of science, current game I got randomed into Shaka with Augustus as my closest neighbor
like uncomfortably close, we met 3 turns after the start of the game

Peace was never an option, went full warmonger, never looked back
the world hates me but given I just hit Impis and Augustus is a long forgotten memory (kept him around just long enough for his religion to get enhanced given I didn't manage to get one of my own...fucking 7 pantheons were founded by the time I finished pottery) they can suck a dick for all I care

interesting is just how god damn profitable bullying city states is. Haven't build a single worker this game

These are the worst changes.
The part that sucks is that half the govtype changes are good and the other half are complete shit.

Paradox doesn't have a clue.

Baseline humanity aren't just individualistic but fanatic individualists so individualism, as presented within the game, is perfectly fine given our pov is not being presented as balanced

Sounds like the current trend in global economic currency wars, amiritegies?

If anything a heavily individualist society produces technological advancement faster than a collectivist society, especially so if they're militarized.

I remember switching to sanctuary aeon. Putting my labs on an island with a planetary shield. Fuck the orthodox church. By end game I had converted enough people to make sanctuary aeon the main religion.