youtube.com/user/shadmbrooks
youtube.com/watch?v=pc41jrMpH_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Historia Civilis, when it comes to Roman history

I like Keith Hughes for some other topics

RCH because he triggers Veeky Forumscucks

cynical historian anyone?

>has "real" in the title

>Rambles for 20 minutes, showing no evidence for anything and gets challenged all the time by other historical YTs, e.g. thegn and Thrand (disproved lloyd saying the cast blow was never used and doesn't work).
>Veeky Forums still takes everything he says completely seriously

Military History Visualized

He is great and the name of the channel is very self-explanatory.

Bart D. Ehrman's channel where he posts his lectures on the Early Christianity.
C&Rsenal is a channel about WW1-era firearms.
Military History Visualized with some nice infographics on Military History topics.

Pic related is the only channel I more or less follow.

Guy is a retard. he said knights in medieval times dual wielded long swords when there is absolutely no evidence of this

it also sounds almost impossible if you ask me

Post video. Afaik he only mentioned that dual wielding for agility training was a thing (which is confirmed by manuals) and that dual wielding rapierswas a thing, tho very rare and little practiced (also confirmed by manuals).

OP here. Post your own channels if you want. We wont raid you.

He was reviewing a game of thrones episode and there was a scene where a knight was fighting while dual wielding, and he was like 'yeahhh, knights could totally dual wield longswords and shit'. He's either being paid by HBO to shill, or he's an idiot

I've only really watched one video of his, and he was being an idiot. He was desperately trying to say that the Normans weren't French/Frankish and were instead a completely different culture. I imagine he just doesn't like the idea of a bunch of Frenchman beating a bunch of Englishmen.

You sure he wasn't being ironic?

I don't watch got so I never watched the reviews either. Point me to the vid or I won't know what you're talking about. You might very well have misunderstood him.

Every single englishman is a retard on that regard. Call it cultural trauma maybe.
I don't remember him sperging about it (unlike Lindy, who shits on France in every other video), but even if he did, it doesn't really take away from his expertise about weaponry (which is what he focuses on, not general history).

15:30-18:30

he basically says just because because sword and buckler was used, and even though there is no evidence of dual wielding longswords, and not to mention the fight choreography was ridiculous, that it's A-OK in his book

Don't you mean " Less-fat-Patton-Oswalt " Huges ?

youtube.com/watch?v=drd8dQKr-oY

forgot link

>Bart D. Ehrman

Is his channel different than his books? In his books he constantly just says "okay I won't spend time backing this up, just BELIEVE ME when I say that scholars say...."

18th century cooking is fun.

He says it was done rarely and it special circumstances such as tourney duels and such

Atheism is unstoppable

Fun to watch
Love it
Best info

Really gonna be this much of a pedant? He's saying it's possible and that there is some evidence that it was done in tourneys
See

How dare he make concessions to please his fanboys who know nothing about historical fencing.

He've done a fair amount of game of thrones reviews were he mostly defends and praise the show.
Not impossible that he's paid by HBO desu given how butthurt he usually is about stuff (like sportfencing) being non-historical and unrealistic.

I don't watch him anymore, but I'm happy for him that his channel grew so well.

Is that what these guys do? They talk about history and then they clandestinely shill for atheism?

>full anal

>Alexander the Great
>Great

NOW! Germany speaking it all depends on context.

These are great.

I am a big fan of The Great War, which covers WWI 100 ago each week. They also do little special episodes where they will cover a specific topic.
youtube.com/watch?v=6FgaL0xIazk&list=PLB2vhKMBjSxMK8YelHj6VS6w3KxuKsMvT

There is also this guy on Youtube who is doing videos on history, Not just videos about the civil war or something, but about the actual study of history and philosophy of history. So for example, comparing great man history and historical materialism. He also does Total war playthrough for fun while talking about the country he is playing.

[spoiler]It is me, first vid goes up today. Any suggestions for discussion videos? I don't want to shill this channel except here, I think it would be something that Veeky Forums would like. [/spoiler]

Fuck I always forget there are no spoilers on Veeky Forums. Probably meant as a commentary against censorship

Archives, educational, lectures

World War II History Round Table - several meetings per year, historians and first-hand accounts
youtube.com/channel/UCjbCrv5WIFDp3nFTz0zWPIA

USArmyWarCollege - lecutres
youtube.com/user/USArmyWarCollege

USNavalWarCollege - lectures
youtube.com/user/usnavalwarcollege

Pepperdine School of Public Policy - lectures often historical
youtube.com/user/PepperdineSPP

TheUSAHEC - U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center
youtube.com/user/TheUSAHEC

US National Archives - stock footage and also events, speakers, researchers
youtube.com/channel/UCnAsiniI4DF7vAAe7omWWFQ

----

Individuals

Steve1989 MREinfo - MRE reviews, often historical, dude even eats some civil war hardtack
youtube.com/channel/UC2I6Et1JkidnnbWgJFiMeHA

Knyght Errant - medieval armor and living history stuff
youtube.com/user/neosonic66

scholagladiatoria - Historical European Martial Arts
youtube.com/user/scholagladiatoria

TheChieftainWoT - World of Tanks guy but his channel is all about real tanks
youtube.com/user/TheChieftainWoT

A list of some good military history youtubers.

>Lindybeige youtube.com/user/lindybeige/featured
All round rambling about various subjects, the sort of thing you might never have wondered about, or you might, a lot of his videos revolve around myth busting and breaking misconceptions, quirky and entertaining

>ScholaGladiatoria youtube.com/user/scholagladiatoria/featured
Pretty much all about swords, there's no better youtube authority on the practical and physical uses of swords and other melee weapons, on the surface he isn't very charismatic but something keeps you interested, he just seems nice

>Skallagrim youtube.com/user/SkallagrimNilsson/featured
Basically reviews and info on actually buying swords and other weapons, he's very useful in this regard, he covers combat use of weapons too but not as much as ScholaGladiatoria, he also delves into myth busting a bit like Lindy

>ThegnThrand youtube.com/user/ThegnThrand/featured
These guys pretty much entirely revolve around experimental archaeology, the majority of their videos involve stabbing authentic chainmail with authentic swords, throwing javelins at shields, and screaming loudly while thrusting. Great stuff

>Metatron youtube.com/channel/UCIjGKyrdT4Gja0VLO40RlOw/featured
Metatron does a varied bunch of videos, but he mainly stays around debunking ridiculous documentaries, equipment comparisons, or lengthy explanations of historical concepts and weaponry which is where he is at his best.

>Shadiversity youtube.com/user/shadmbrooks
Shad mostly does very long videos where he explains concepts and equipment in a very long and detailed manner, but not boring. He is great for more in depth knowledge on a specific subject.

>Knyght Errant - medieval armor and living history stuff

Here's the 3d printed fantasy armor he consulted on, based of real armor

youtube.com/watch?v=pc41jrMpH_o

The gauntlets around 3:56 are great. She's going to make a fortune doing these for conventions and cosplay.

That video triggered the shit out of me

ah, yes. REAL(tm) crusaders history

totally not biased at all

Cucks triggered

God forbid you don't slobber all over Muhammad's cock

Fucking John GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE