>/dsg/ Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral
>Draw
doodleordie.com/r/darksouls
imgur.com/a/XhBxC (DeS)
collageanon.imgur.com/
flockmod.com/dsg

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4l9hob/psa_you_can_get_all_gestures_in_a_single_ng/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

reminder that bloodborne has its own general and doesn't belong here

Reposting:
>testing the length of UGS hitboxes vs their actual model

>Greatsword has the longest model
>but the hitbox only extends to the end of the flat part of the blade on most attacks
>Farron and Astora GS are tied for the longest hitboxes despite having different sized models
>Zweihander has the same range as the Greatsword, Profaned GS and BK UGS
>Lorians' GS has the same range as the Cathedral Knight GS and Lothric Knight GS, despite being the shortest model by a longshot

I didn't test the FUGS yet but I don't think there will be any surprises there.

Long story short, there are only 3 hitbox sizes for UGS attacks because they just copypasted hitbox data between the different weapons instead of sizing the hitbox dimensions to each weapon size. Some UGS gain extra range that extends beyond the tip of their weapon because of this, while others lose range and have an inert part of their model that the hitbox doesn't extend to. All these tests were conducted using the 1HR1. We started out testing every move in the moveset of each weapon but were finding really confusing outliers so we ditched that in favour of just testing the one attack consistent across all UGS movesets. Given our final data, were able to account for the outliers when we realized that some unique attacks had only 1 hitbox size that was copypasted between the weapons that use them. For example, the Zweihander's 2HR2 uses the same animation as the Astora Greatsword's 2H rolling attack and also uses the exact same hitbox, so on that one attack, the effective range extends notably beyond the end of the weapon.

It isn't like this for any weapon below ultra-size, which means that the dev team evidently placed such low priority in the design and balance of UGS that they just rushed through with a quick copy/paste job instead of putting proper work into their hitboxes.

REAL NEW THREAD HERE

This one was first.

Any tips for a sorcerer? I want to raise it to SL 60-80 mainly for invasions

Reminder you're a gigantic faggot

Is it possible to get all gestures in one NG? Primarily referring to Heysel, Yuria and Pale Shade and their interactions

No.

fuck off lucy
this was posted in the old thread over a minute before yours

fuck off lucy

>18:45
>other one is 18:27

That is the official fagcore thread.
Fags are to use that thread instead of this one.

All gwyndolin, lothric/lorian, 4kings, dragon, gargoyle, western art and tumblr posts are to go there.

Please do your part in keeping the proper /dsg/ thread fag-free by dumping your garbage in the official fagcore containment thread.

>this one was linked first

>18:27
>thread made 15 minutes before the thread hit bump limit
Fuck off lucy.

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4l9hob/psa_you_can_get_all_gestures_in_a_single_ng/

What's a good SL to stop at for DS3?

>proper op
AMEN
>making it way too early
Even more invalid

>Dead Again doesn't work on corpses if you're an invader unless the host is using a seed

why

Interesting
Nice work, although it's a bummer to know that even the hitboxes of the weapons themselves are identical
Makes me wish DS3 wasn't as rushed as it seemingly was,

SL120

hhhehheheh

I knew the Profaned GS hitbox was fucked up, especially since I've seen multiple cases where the tip of the weapon hits people with 2HR2s yet doesn't actually count as a hit. These hitboxes are just idiotic.

post them

>dueling pontiff with red hilt halberd build
>opponent using straight sword + pyro + full thorn armor
>keeps casting even though nothing ever touches me
>sips mana and keep casting
>keeps rolling away
>start using some sitting down gestures out of frustration
>keeps doing it anyway, rolling all over the place
>summon someone to show him even further that it's getting old
>end up killing him by starting to take voluntary hits
what the fuck is your strategy when this happens ? nothing gets me as mad as that

>some weapons, particularly ultras, become instantly techable after the 2nd R1 of a combo, often giving the person being hit a frame advantage as they recover faster than the person who hit them
>most weapons smaller that ultras are not instantly techable after the 2nd R1, and only reduce hitstun by a tiny, tiny amount, literally just enough to roll out before a 3rd hit connects and still usually leaving the person that was hit at a frame disadvantage.
Why do they continue to make stupid little mechanical bungles like this?

tahts why i dont summon mages anymore

yeah your blue shit is really cute and all but you will literally never hit me and its just a waste of time

Because this is not a PvP game

>and only reduce hitstun by a tiny, tiny amount, literally just enough to roll out before a 3rd hit connects

dont forget phantom range that actually forces you to roll back twice or get hit

>it's okay to have broken mechanics as long as we pretend we didn't care about the game
Nice!

fc w h e r e

Anyone wanna do Consumed King's garden with me on PS4?

pass is dsg place your signs right outside the doorway / before the stairs to the knight thats right out the elavator.

thanks

sign down

Just got parried by SoC for the first time and goddam

when does he parry?

tell me how to beat blighttown you niggers

find out if spider has puss puss

curved sword mode
he does it instantly even while stunned
it's kind of bullshit but at least it's rare

crystal shield and spider shield both 100% block poison and toxic, use them

Put moss up your butthole

He got me out of a fucking stunned state while he was using I think the curved sword

I was just beating the shit out of him and the next thing I know I'm 10 feet in the air hanging from his sword

When he goes full DaS PVP parody with the backflips, the curved swords and combustion. Even more amusing is that he's able to parry you while knocked down.

Man I miss the DaS2 arena
It was such a great casual filter. All the shitters were too afraid of arena tryhards and stayed at iron bridge so you rarely had to deal with them, and you'd get decent to good fights within seconds of tapping a statue, with only the rare or occasional garbage player that didn't belong there. If you wanted to learn how to use a new weapon or moveset, you could go there and have everyone you encountered pull all the counters on you until you knew exactly what do to.

Pontiff's is just like the iron bridge. Whatever decent players are there are such a tiny minority compared to the trash that they're completely drowned out. I can't even go there to learn how to use a weapon because I just end up spending 2 hours stuck in some tween's fightclub 2shotting idiots that walk into my weapon and forgot to level vigor, learning nothing except that R1 hardcounters stupidity.

The arenas were rife with both shitters and tryhards, don't delude yourself

lel, the arena was 99% garbage too

t. bridgeshitters

Then why go to pope instead of elsewhere?

Is there a /dsg/ approved streamer?

That doesn't even make sense. I played BoB arena extensively and everyone was either garbage or trying their damnedest to cheese ranks. When MLG prestige auras were on the line, some dudes spared no expense to win.

I like the PVP guy with the funny accent and the retarded laugh.

There is no elsewhere.
Red sign activity is 100% dead outside of pontiff's unless you get in on a private, passworded fightclub and those are usually only marginally better because they're namefag circlejerks and hugboxes.

>tfw easily kill Hodrick by spamming the 2h UGS lunge which stunlocks all dark spirits
i should make a video for all the people having difficulty or something

Gonna have to be more specific about which stupid faggot it is.

Highwall of lothric is the other PvP spot. Not as many signs as pontiff but you still don't really have to wait for a sign to show up

There are signs even at fucking anor londo bonfire, you just need to hunt for them.

dsp and enb. and no, the few who watch them don't take them seriously

It certainly isn't a good PvE game either

Hodrick posting

(You)

High Wall, Anor Londo Bonfire, I think I saw a couple in undead settlement too

You can easily kill him with anything unparryable. But where's the fun in that instead of trying to best the parry god in his own game?

do people swap to red tear stone in duels when their health is low? 20 percent attack boost is a fucking lot

I enjoyed DSP vs DaS2 because sometimes it broke without him doing anything

D_Invader

Is the Frigid Outskirts the first time a souls game has actually broken him and made him refuse to complete content?

Blighttown for a long while as well

Do you have to have 16 str to use MLGS's weapon art?

Or 12 while 2H

I'd be a /dsg/ approved streamer if I streamed.
The reason I never will is I have a shitty voice and its all people shit posted about when I used to stream years and years ago, and it wasn't much fun when people sit and hypothesize on your sex and age the entire time.

I have plenty of fun though and make myself laugh, I guess that's enough.

It's kinda tryhardy but doable. I don't care enough about success to do it.

aint easy

What do you do user?
I'd watch silent streams.

I'd watch you even if you're silent

80 for strengths and weaknesses meta
120-800 for superman

Fuck.

I have 7 strengh.

I guess I can rebirth and sacrifice some HP

What went wrong?

Use the knight ring to get 12 without changing your stats

80 for nothing but quality and memers
120 for actual variety and viability for casters and interesting builds

why does that warrant giving me a (You)?
i don't understand

Weak PvP

you're a blessing user, thanks

When I get that I literally just dance around them until they run out of focus.

Fucking retards.

bad pvp
no replay value

Lol, no. Level 80 is Quality only.

PVP is only entertaining if it's severely broken mechanically and statistically.

post the picture about the broken straightswords

Having pvp'd extensively at 80, both duels and invasions, I think I'd advocate for 100 over 80.

The only reason I stay at 80 now is to avoid 120s since that meta is cancer, but 80 feels like it excessively limits builds that depend on more than one stat. My level 80 luck invader is basically a god because luck is so stat-efficient I can afford to gouge HP and stamina and still do tonnes of damage. Meanwhile my 80 pure strength build is forced to waste points in vitality just to hold his weapons, and as a result, has less HP and only 25 stamina, which in the language of ultra weapons is 2 swings and a roll followed by 5 seconds of passive backpedalling while I wait for stamina to regen enough to afford two swings again. Casters feel similarly limited since they need so many points in attunement on top of their offensive stat on top of still having str/dex to meet basic weapon requirements.

I think the extra 20 points going from 80 to 100 would really be of benefit to those sorts of builds.

It's a shame reddit got to pick the overleveled meta again because now we have to build around avoiding it or else deal with the DaS3 equivalent to BB's 150 builds or DaS1's 387 forest gankers.