Tfw just hired as a high school history teacher

>tfw just hired as a high school history teacher.

I'm pretty excited. Who else on Veeky Forums teaches?

Why would you ever do that?

Kids are little shits.

I'm teaching high school AP juniors and seniors.

They're even worse

>I'm pretty excited.
Uh, user you'd be wise to moderate your expectations.
Even if you get a good class, willing to interact, don't expect them to care about the subject.
That said good job finding employment related to your passion.

Sure, I know many won't give a shit. But it's AP courses so at least they'll pretend.

Just remember to throw out all your shit after your first year.

I did give a history clase once.

>But it's AP courses so at least they'll pretend.
If your school is anything like mine used to be, then no, they totally won't.
Oh they'll study and perform excellently on tests and essays, sure. But they'll be every little bit as bored and inactive during class as the standard course students.

How do you deal with the slutty HS girls?
I could never be a teacher or really even any member of the general public workforce, too many sluts.

Good luck when you eventually get hit with blackmail and rape accusations and parents that cant accept they little babies arent flawless angles

Why would you teach about what's fundamentally just made up shit?

this

have fun teaching mythology OP

>Guy who thinks that Mythology is not tahught

No see, myths are interesting because the approach you take on them. They're not interesting because you believe them to be real.

how is that a refutation... you're not teaching history and you have a script for the myths

I wasn't refuting you per say, I was saying that mythology can be fun.

i do agree with that, i just couldn't stomach trying to tell them it's all true

Did anyone else have a HS teacher that imposed ideology?
I had one that would spend entire days devoted to debunking conservatism (this was 2010 or so). He abandoned all notions of history class and would start discussions and give assignments in contempary politics.
What was embarrasing was that he ran out of time and covered Carter-Obama in like 3 days

sounds more fun than wasting 8 fucking months a year on ww2.

Don't worry, they would never dream of interacting with you.

But user... all school is imposed ideology

Even worse. 90% of them don't care/just want the ap credit. Then there are the kids who don't even belong in the class.

I pity.

This. I took a bunch of AP classes that i was too dumb to get higher than a low C in because I was nervous about college admissions like everyone else

>tfw you perfectly mapped your education out at 13 so you could get to an elite university without having to deal with AP kids

>tfw you took 1 honors course in your first year, became alarmed by being in a class full of Egyptian kings, paniced and signed up for all AP classes, got B's in all of them, and got to a private school
After taking the AP courses I became increasingly in favor of standardized tests. The AP tests freaked people out because they bullshitted the courses by being friendly with teachers etc. I came to think of all criticism towards standardized testing as being the howls of lazy, stupid people.
And I still do.

>sounds more fun than wasting 8 fucking months a year on ww2
German spotted

wow, pure ideology
did no one call him out on his shit

You think?

No

Enjoy the prime teen pussy.

How does Veeky Forums feel about getting a PHD in history.

Quite cucks, op is already fucking doomed. He has no choice but to take this job with his history degree

Only do it if you can get meme resume pads, like going to Harvard. It's not getting into history unless you can get a great job for it. Otherwise just pick up art and a real job and then draw history in your free time.

Gonna steal their virginity, OP?

>flawless angles