/BaBog/ - Bastard Bonds General

>N-no Homo Edition

>What is Bastard Bonds?
An SRPG with base management, the ability to recruit any monster (besides bosses) in the game, several unique companions, and around 40 hours of content. You can also add your own custom sprites, apply them to essentially any creature, companion and your own MC. (Tutorial in the guide and ReadMe)

>Where can I get it?
The game is available on Steam for $18.

>Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1xD8-YRw6U5eHyb2l8egUajGoGjgmD5eXfqAuGp6dfYc

Transparency tool for editing sprites:
www191.lunapic.com/editor/?action=transparent

Download here:
mega.nz/#!T483iART!1kwNgLutLHdPRRp5S6CnTs0ogd8bjWaa2ity8HfByz8

Please remember to support the creator, Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AcyTPsmcYjEL6wzVS5o4JWJuvhNUC1z2eIkHFCj1PiM/edit#gid=0
www191.lunapic.com/editor/?action=transparent
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

New customization options when?

you could try custom sprites if you have the patience

Add your character's roster files to the gallery so other people can put them in their games:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AcyTPsmcYjEL6wzVS5o4JWJuvhNUC1z2eIkHFCj1PiM/edit#gid=0

You can also post them in the thread of course, since that's where most people will be looking anyway, but the Google doc is a bit longer-lasting.

I'd add mine but I can't remember all their allegations and speech patterns

what are my options for a ''early'' chaotic follower that have good skills for magic (both offense and support) ?
i was thinking hag and vampire,but i am not sure if there is a better one.

>Sorry for the gay op image I didn't know what else to put.
There's an obvious answer to that one.

Previous thread

He is in Dusklight Grotto, if you are already past that area chances are you lost him, you need to use the mana battery on brazier near his cell if he is not there that mean he was eaten and you should restart.

>Remove everyone from roster folder
>Create a custom character with desired stats/alignment
>Go to an area where roster characters spawn
>Recruit
>Put all the old files back into the roster folder

after 15 hours of grinding, finally got all my members bonds. Almost done completing 1/3 of the map, afraid to talk with special NPCs because manpower is a but low.

Someone actually gave a useful tip about getting bonds quicker by resetting your character, giving them love potions and it only took me 2-3 high level maps to get their bonds

What is the point of bonds anyway? is the item they gave you the only benefit?

Completed user's Request

how do I get the right transparency setting on mspaint? I tried editing it a little, but now the character has a huge white box behind it. also does the left titty look too square? I've never done pixel art before so even editing it took forever.

requesting if someone can make this one?
i didn't bother checking how to do it
is it hard?

Needed for the final boss But forming bonds is also a requirement for a certain event

You can only do certain things if certain people are in your party who you're bonded with on certain maps.

Don't bother using ms paint for transparency, just use this www191.lunapic.com/editor/?action=transparent

I could try, but there is a ton of other abyssals that look much sexier and more dynamic, you want me t use the one you have or would you like to get another.

And if you want to learn how all you do is take the image, scale it down in Ms Paint (using 80x64 dimensions) add some dark lines and clear up parts that didn't generate well because they were too uh, too complex I guess. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I think this one worked really well

Where's everybody going? Bingo?

Thanks user, but she is too big i mean she is supposed to be big but can you make her a little taller than normal NPCs?

shrink her down? alright

Forgot pic

i like that one because she looks like a ''tanky'' type o character
b-but if you keep doing this god work and making more amazing ones i will use them all
(sorry for the time i take to answer, internet is being a bitch)

Personally I use paint.net. Its like photoshop with a magic tool but easier, PLUS you can adjust the height

whoops made her too small gonnamake some adjustments

>not having a giantess fetish
your loss

ok great, here it is if anyone else wants to use it

Hey you beat me to it, and the size is just fine

Don't get it? Too big but make her taller?

I mean too big so shrink her to a size where she is just a bit taller than normal height NPCs

I'm the user doing the request, and I just chopped her legs down, but noticed that didn't do very much, so I've scaled her down from 60p to 50p. she looks slightly more squinty. the original artist for the game is way more skilled than me if he's able to keep some detail going at this resolution. or maybe I need more practice at anime pixels

MFW SILENT TOWN

This is good shit, user. Thanks!

Too lewd?

Tried it, resolution degraded but her height over all seems fine

Why Grant is such a bitch

Ever met Lancelot? Grant seems to be a prince compared to him

Perfect

not lewd enough

Should have erased the outlines more, too distracting

Learned that the average pixel height is 46

Here is a comparasion from the previous one she is big as Paul

Lancelot has the worst personality. But I didn't kick him out of my band because he hits like a magical truck

This game would be a lot better if you could go husbando/waifu hunting from the start, instead of saving space for one time band members.

So are there any sex scenes at all, whether in visual or written form?

I read a review that says there is at least one.

I just got a mercenary soul from combining weapons, what does that do?

>not lewd enough
better?

Well in one part of the game you enter a mansion and in boss room you can either fight or give him your body for safety

You use souls to get unique weapons check Soul weapons on the guide

As he ask you to get naked (that is what the nude sprites for) and proceeds to molest you... but this is off screen because its in stream.

Yah, just gave him a mystical thong of power, that raises protection,evasion and warding and he became untouchable

The burlap buttsack is good but it has a wasting effect that drains your HP

Can you make a character template with a custom sprite?

WHY USE THE BUTTSACK

Comfy Undies has Luck and Evasion of 10
While Pretty Panties Protection 5, Evasion 5, Warding 5

But you are right about the mystical thong Protection 10, Evasion 10, Warding 10

no
custom sprite overrides character creator

No, but you can superimpose any Character Template with a custom sprite

Wait, does the level scale on what the average level of the party is, or your entire band?

Entire band so the more people you recruit the harder to level up

entire band

where i can get a vampire early on?

But you can make a character template and then just give the custom sprite the same name and leave it in the usual place. That works, obviously.

Well you can get a vampire monster heading northeast, got one from Blackglass restop

damn I tried to draw a sprite from scratch and it's way harder than it seems

Searching sprites for bastard bonds, saw random fanart, I wish I could put tatoos on my sprite, they look neat

So If I don't want somneone on the NPC spawn list I can just delete them from the roster right?

Yes

That looks like someone gave their character body hair and creatively interpreted it as a tattoo.

The neck thing is obviously just the criminal brand.

In all honesty, if we are using paint we won't get very far. Most artist use like some high tech photoshop sucjh as Sai or Cosmigo ProMotion because they can create without degrading the general quality of pixels

I thought I'd share this one. I based it on Arnold's Conan.

Looks good as a barbarian character.

I've seen a lot worse user, that's bretty gud for a first try.

do most people just draw a normal picture and downscale it? I was drawing one pixel at a time at real size.

I think the body is ok but the leaves look flat and shitty.

I've been downscaling and then adding some touch up lines that redoes the smaller lines that were lost.

The leaves look alright user, remember to zoom out so you aren't imosing such autism on your work. you won't be super zoomed in so you shouldn't be too hard on yourself. keep practicing

2big

I thought they were supposed to be big?, Is this better

i like mines the same height
i think this is better? you character looks huge but maybe is just me

>you need high tech programs to create 64px pixel art

errrrr, no. art like this is drawn at this resolution, not scaled down from a higher resolution. silly kids.

ms paint is quite literally all you need. paint.net is better, though

yup thats good thank you!

Comparison with Bato. But I'm not the one who created the sprite, just like to resize stuff

thanks anyway!
now i just need one from seaport to be my tank character
but it's late and i have to sleep,

>come here looking for some great discussion on this fun new game
>people instantly replacing the painstakingly crafted in game art with badly scaled anime pictures

I don't know what I expected

When spending starting skill points, does the different skills start at 0 for the purpose of special abilities tied to those skills, like extra inventory space?

probably bara dicks you big homo

Actually there might have been 7 threads already about the the game some of it is just repetition, just try to find them in the archives at /v/

Also this is a discussion I think

I think only monsters have special abilities like beast tounge or canabalism. Regular Npcs have more or less the same build, (except for their crimes which their unique power ups)

I can't figure out what you're saying, and believe me, I'm trying. It's maddening, like I'm reaching for something just barely beyond my grasp.

I think he is talking about the fundaments shrine when you pay the statue and resets all your skills to 0. I believe that after going out the penalities and bonuses will be back in place.

The statue is used for respecing a character

Can I recruit witches? Or are they one of those that can't be recruited?

Each specific utility can increase you bag (inventory space)

the number are what levels are they aquired

Labour
3. Mule - You carrying load increase by one. [Stacks with Extra Pockets and Magic Bag]

Thwart
2. Extra Pockets - You carrying load increase by one. [Stacks with Mule and Magic Bag]
attempts.

Weave
4. Magic Bags - You carrying load increase by one. [Stacks with Mule and Extra Pocket]

Yes they can be recruited.

Sidenote: Witches can also recruit unintillegent or mindless monsters (Aka Golems)

>people trying out the custom sprite art feature
>doing art is bad

Fuck off, nobody is stopping you from talking about mechanics.

Witches are actually one of the first things you should recruit, since they have a telepathy trait that let's them communicate with essentially all creatures (meaning you really can recruit everything except bosses with 100% efficiency)

The top left exit is perfectly safe to run to.

Unique companions do have special traits.

Most fun encouter I've faced in this game yet.