/twg/ - Total War General

Ignore previous thread, best king coming through

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Ahhh /twg/… the eternal general

JUST

>The fucking bong shitposting

SUMMON

THE

ELECTOR

CUNTS

>bringing it up
Is this it? Is the thread busted?

Brexit brexit England cucks police state economy pound sterling trade Empire rule Britannia Brexit Jews imports globalists brexit liberal tears tyranny something brexit

There, now no one needs to discuss it here.

Does warhammer have dynamic music, I havent noticed any

>tfw no medieval 3

CUTE ADVISORS DLC PACK FOR WARHAMMER WHEN?

What DLC to buy for R2? What for Attila?

They just sit there and slowly accumulate stacks

You're such a fucking retard, everyone knows that economy banks globalisation free market trade deals norway switzerland

Someone lecture me on the lore of Chaos.

chaos just wants to have fun

Any faction your ancestors might have lived in

>implying I have ancestors

Read that shit up yourself you lazy fucking cunt

Empire had the objectively best advisors

Lombards it is then.
Don't answer for me shitposter-kun

I finally get the memes
I made two charges wit my general

Why do Saxons suck SO MUCH in Attila?
it hurts to be a continental Lower Saxon.
First we get genocided.
Then CA makes fun of us.

>shitposter
y

IF OUR LORD IS T'BECOME KING ______________________________Brexit :^)

Good, GW shills who play as Chaos deserve to get stomped.

sauce

>tfw from a tiny irrelevant part of the world that will never ever be even mentioned in total war
my shekels are 100% safe

>What for Attila?
Empires of Sand, The Last Roman and Charlemagne are the only ones worth buying, celts and slavs are pretty unique, but slavs are too OP to be fun.

You forgot your anime head pic, user-kun.

Dagashi Kashi newfag

You forgot the anime picture.

What does it mean when the bar is lined like this rather than 2 solid colours?

Are you from polinesia or something?

It means the general on your side is too low level and isn't sure.

What made slavs OP?

no, much more irrelevant place

>Why do Saxons suck SO MUCH in Attila?
they are pretty bad in multiplayer, but in SP they are really good, since they have no obvious weaknesses, the start can be tough on legendary since franks and langobards attack on like turn 5, but after that its a breeze

Poison arrows mostly

I hate fighting Vampire Cunts.

Do they have any weaknesses that Empire can exploit?

>no, much more irrelevant place
Uhhh
Africa?

I know I'm total shit at these games, but i'm having so much trouble surviving realm divides in Shogun 2.

I have a Hojo campaign where I've become shogun and have almost a lot of provinces but the ones I got recently are all miserable fucks who are about to revolt though I'm not even taxing them.

How do I get good?

Need more demigryphs

Get all the sweet public order research, make sure they don't have a food shortage, convert them if necessary.

I live in Chechnya

poison is stupidly strong, just look at the casualties in the pic you replied too and how they dont add up at all, the rest is done by poison, it also makes any unit it hits permanently exhausted, which is a huge penalty

:^)

Compare them to Franks though.
>that faction bonus
>stupid strong charge cavarly that can break tier 3 pike formations without taking any significant casualties in head on charges

>darren streaming radious
britbongers are doomed

Any strong Empire army should handle a VC stack or two with little issue. It's only when they spam 3+ it gets troublesome.

Checking Attila requirements and apparently I should be okay, but all the talk about bad optimization is making me worried. Can a 660 gtx Ti really run it decently?

Been out of the loop for a while. Huge Warhammer fan, really enjoy Total War as well.
Is TW:WH worth the cash?

i think it could do it on medium

I run Total Warhammer + all previous games on medium - high settings just fine on a 680, at lower settings you'll be fine.

Yes, it very good.

Get it on GMG for 20% off.

It has problems but it's quite fun.

If you like Warhammer and Total War a lot you'll probably enjoy Total Warhammer
There's a 20% sale on it at GMG

3 KINGDOMS TOTAL WAR WHEN?

A fight against the VC as Orcs had the Orc music playing for me until the VC got the upper hand, then it was just the VC tune playing.

They just announced that the second game (which acts as an expansion to the one currently one, increasing the map and adding more factions/races) is getting a content boost since the first sold so well.

Over the years they're just going to add more and more content into one big playable game. Still cheaper than tabletop.

>tfw in 200 hours of WH TW I have never been able to get a Heroic victory like this
I just dont understand, I could do it in Empire and sometimes Shogun, but in this game I just cant win when outnumbered.

t. the only actual traitor of the big three

I played Empire for my first campaign and almost never had any problems dealing with VC (and stacks). I'm playing VC campaign now and having problems when dealing with semi varied empire troops.

I mainly aim to kill/wound the general first, and try to not get my troops not surrounded by zombies. Basic skeletons seem to be weaker than your swordsmen/pikemen, and your cav and artillery will wreck havoc in their infantry lines.

For flying units, I use hellblaster and my flying general. Try sniping enemy lords with witchhunter accuse.

>It wasn't ''cheesy'', it was realistic (if you don't take into consideration the awful AI that never used its own number to its advantage or did fucktarded choices like sending his entire army inside the city before he even had secured the area by the towngate)

So what you're saying is that if you disregard the actual game then it was good and """realistic"""

Hate to say it bruv, but multiplayer is irrelevant, if sieges break the AI then sieges themselves are broken.

like 20 % of that was actual words the rest was gibberish.

well germanic roster in general is better then nordic roster (the one saxons have), but saxons still arent that bad, heroic cavalry is good melee cav and chosen warriors fight well and fight till the last man due to their insane morale value

also saxon units look really good, but aesthetics are subjective admittedly

I remember seeing a mod in alpha or something for RTW a while back but don't know if anything came of it.

Post your greatest victories
One of us in the wreckage man need not apply

>Total War Tactics

It's all about the quality advantage. If you have that all you have to do is to deploy so they can't use their numbers well and micro your cav a bit.

There's one for M2 but I heard it wasnt good or somethin'

>"M2 sieges were perfect"

M2 everything was perfect and if you don't agree you are the newfag cancer killing /twg/ :(

It's easier with Chaos who have smaller and higher tier armies. Also, going for reinforcements before they reach the main army can be an easy way to do it depending on what direction they're coming from.

I already posted the slavic victories, but they dont count since they are extremely OP, so here goes a more sensible one

its not the greatest one I had, but its one of the few I kept a screen of

>fantasy game
>still no elves

Literally one job CA

>after a bloodbath between our armies, the enemy artillery just camped at the edge of the map for some reason
>was too scared to attack them with my half dead army
>wait for an hour to pass expecting a heroic victory
>tfw draw

Neither of these fucking factions exist, why aren't they removed from my god damn book still. It's getting impossible to clear my book when this shit won't get removed.

>draw
???

Just got Total War: SHOGUN 2, where do I see how much influence I have in a province?

How do you use crossbowmen to their maximal potential?

battletimer made it a draw i guess

heavy bolts to their flanks

> complete every long game requirement
> last grudge
> severity 20
> assassinate a Border Prince character
> Border Princes don't exist
> throw Tilean public order for a loop trying to get a Border Prince rebellion
> my allies are at war with Tilea and decide to attack with several stacks agasint the rebelling city
> can't call them off
> anyone can fight rebels with no penalty, no chance at diplomacy
> rebels are killed off
> city in ruin
> Tilea won't resettle because the other Dawi have gone on an absolute warpath and raze everything

Call it day, you practically won. The grudge system is not done well right now.

No need for Med 3 anytime soon when Bannerlord comes out in [Spoiler]soon™ :)[/spoiler]

It's a shame, because the Grudge system was a neat concept to include, but the way it works now is you just get penalised for not punishing every single trespass against you within like 5 turns.

i've had a grudge removed from the book for being impossible to complete so idk what thats about

Ayyyy gunpowder.

Certain grudges, seemingly assassinations against [x], don't remove when they become impossible. It seems like a bug or something.

pls help i've tried googleing it

What do u mean by influence? Shogun II doesnt have an influence system as far as I can tell

There is an influence system in RotS, which is probably what he's referring to.

I need over 50% influence to use one of my agents in an enemy city. I don't know how much influence I have however and I can't see where it tells me.

Why the fuck do loading screens take 3-5 minutes?

What the fuck is wrong with this dumbass game. Graphics are shit anyways

When did /Twg/ turned to shitpost gen?

Try the details tab for the settlement.

>2016
>not having an ssd
Takes like 5-10seconds for me my nigga

This has been an issue with every TW game so far. Better get a SSD

ssd?