/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: Missing links: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise game exploits, like OoT or Freakyforms Deluxe)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 may get released soon. Make sure to block updates.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/746440434033975296
mega.nz/#!swoRTSAa!YSDgTwPC561PRV_qs6DUabiSFQldfNIA3L4-cEppw8E
youtube.com/watch?v=KS7Fl30JZcA
wiiuiso.com/nintendo-wii-u-games-and-homebrew/389284-gd-tokyo-mirrage-sessions-fe-eur.html
www70.zippyshare.com/v/Fbj6n1vB/file.html
mega.nz/#!CUQC0bJB!ZCxzFXsktaIz9o-Ot9O68yXYSPKKvURtKhW-ekEJM-U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Enjoy a well formatted OP!

Any thoughts?

ZEE
TEE
DEE

W H E N

Alrighty. Hacked my 3DS. Now what neat homebrew and other handy shit should I install?

video games

>he's not already playing it
>not living in new york
step up user it's pretty good so far

twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/746440434033975296
Today is the best day ever holy fuck

>tfw getting ztd day one but won't play until a week later because exams
Just end me now fampai

"no"

why bother you're already in hell

So whatever happened with the 12 hour maintenance

Do know what the maintenance did yet?

ZTD LEAK WHEN?!

goddammit hbg i feel like an idiot. Since the start of the year when i cfw'd my 3DS i always was looking through mega, 3dsiso, asking here etc etc for game updates. Sometimes someone would tell me to just 'get it from eshop'. I thought they were being sarcastic and just ignored them. Then just today i hit up the eshop and tried downloading updates for games i dont own and it worked. Damn. I wouldnt have thought it be possible considering nintendo's online infrastructure and all that.

Thanks for reading

Scanned and flagged your ID if you used freeshop.

why is Sonic's twitter so based

If ciangel downloads at sub 1mb speeds, whats the point of using it to downloads games other than not taking your sd card out?

lmao, proud of you.
Just don't open eshop with custom cia themes or dlc :/

That doesn't work if you're trying to update games not from your region though. You need the update patch for those.

Uh oh, I guess I'd better uninstall it before the real FBI shows up

People are lazy cunts

>uninstall it

You've been flagged already, user. What's the point of uninstalling it now?

You don't have to go on 3DSISO and get spammed by ads, plus it's straight from the CDN.

What is the comfiest rpg on the 3ds ? I just hacked mine and wanna play something like dragon quest or whatever that is relaxing but yet has cool weapons and shit.

Personally i use it to download VC games. Since pretty much all of them are less than 10Mb its pretty quick. It would be a hassle to unscrew my backplate and use my PC and all that jazz for some small sized VC games

How do I stop USB Loader GX from trying to initialize the usb HDD? I don't have one plugged in. I used to have this option enabled, but lost it when I updated.

Runefactory 4 is pretty comfy. As is Bravely Default. Etrian Odyssey takes the comfy cake though, get you some of that.

Every time I take a nap I expect ztd to have leaked by when I wake up.

Fml

nigger you better be shitting me

no need when it's out

To the user looking for TMS's pack_050_movie.cpk

mega.nz/#!swoRTSAa!YSDgTwPC561PRV_qs6DUabiSFQldfNIA3L4-cEppw8E

there you go, enjoy.

>finally got rid of that piece of shit virus that fucked with my emunand files and stuff

Hand me the guide and tell me where do I restart from. I think I still have the emunand on the hidden partition, so step 4?

I actually pirated all of SMT4's DLC, entered the eshop and they didnt get erased.

Maybe it only applies to out of region DLC or something?

Can I have automatic software downloads on and still block system updates using the Tubehax DNS on Wii U? Or should both be off?

dns blocks all updates regardless so it might as well be off

I just jizzed on everything.
youtube.com/watch?v=KS7Fl30JZcA

Running downgrade on a N3DS. Is there a reason my emuNAND backup is 1.21gb (Samsung) but my sysNAND backup is 1.84gb (Toshiba)?

Depends on the games. All psx games are CDs. PS2 games are mostly DVDs, some are on CDs.

hello /hbg/ i still haven't found a fix, but i'm installing a9lh into a new 3ds and I for some reason cannot inject fbi into the emunand using d9. I have tried almost every single easy solution like using the inject without the banner/using devmenu/using multiple d9 versions. nothing seems to work, if anyone can build me an inject that would work i'd be thankful as fuck since I've just hit a dead end since yesterday.

Your pirated DLC/custom themes only gets erased if you bought legit DLC/Themes.

Is there a loadiine ready version of TMS#FE (U)? I'm not worried about the uncensored version right now but browsing through wiiuiso is starting to give me a headache since I can't find what I'm looking for easily. I keep finding just the original Japanese game.

Since the DNS blocks Wii U game updates, should I just remove any pre-installed games and download them off of wiiusio?

Seconds of googling
wiiuiso.com/nintendo-wii-u-games-and-homebrew/389284-gd-tokyo-mirrage-sessions-fe-eur.html

Any guides for Inazuma Eleven GO? I wasn't expecting such a ridiculous and fun JRPG. Too bad I don't know shit about football.

I'm just looking for shit like when to use chip shots, more details on stats, and the meaning behind v2 v3, +1, +2, shit on the skills.

>(U)
(U) tried

goddamn, that's really fucking impressive

what's the point of that, at least keep your actual games since you can play online with them

just play the euro version you fag, there's no difference

I don't know every football rule, but I'm pretty sure hitting your rival with the ball like that is worthy of at least a yellow card

Upload your hs.app somewhere then. I doubt it'll be any better if someone else builds it though.

There's a variety of things you could do to avoid injecting entirely. That would be much, much easier if you happen to have an exploit game sitting around so you can get into homebrew on 11.0 installer-less EmuNAND.

I'm not the person who asked, and I don't have a wii u iso account to download it, just wanted to point out that you were wrongly condescending

Except I can't play Splatoon without updating it, and the only way to do that is to remove my DNS settings.

you can still play online with the dns on but you can't update so since there's no 5.6 yet you take the dns off, update, put it back on

well i have oothax, i thought i couldn't install cia's with 11.0 homebrew and that's why this requires injecting it into hs?

It's all good, fouls are a part of football.

>only 1 reply

Jesus fuck guys, this guy did the unthinkable, the undo-able, and no one else is impressed? God damn.

in the OP man and yes step 4

I just downloaded it and am going to see the improvements for myself. I am very giddy right now.

That's normally true, but on CFW, you can grab the NTR firmware package and you'll be using the 10.4 firmware. Homebrew FBI will work if you do that (albeit requiring the kernel exploit so the boot rate won't be 100%). At that point, you can install FBI.cia. It'll wipe every time you format it though. I suggest using FBI.cia to completely remove Health & Safety, then system update your EmuNAND and try doing it via injection again.

Grab www70.zippyshare.com/v/Fbj6n1vB/file.html and put the correct firmware.bin in your luma folder. Install OoThax for 10.7 or 11.0 by any method of your choice (it will work reliably on 11.0 with a firmware.bin, don't worry).

Maybe because there's a fucking emulation general 24/7 and for some reason you think that shit belongs here

Fucking faggots, I didn't even post the youtube link and I don't browser other generals. I was just impressed by how the emulation scene progressed. Fuck off.

is it also possible to just clone my 9.2 sysnand to my emunand then just use fbi homebrew to install fbi.cia and proceed, i just thought about this and will probably try before you respond, but is this prohibiting any step of a9lh?

No, you can fuck off to the general it belongs into.

Does anyone have the luma3ds updater qr code?

I'd be more impressed if Wii U had games.

It has like 7.

>deadfish

>Wii emulator
>Talking about Wii U

Alright, thanks, user. I was getting a bit paranoid, I'll admit.

15 you fags, you just need to get a working loadiine that actually plays all the games correctly

I only browse /hbg/ and I'm staying. Deal with it you humongous fag.

Learn not to post off-topic shit, then.

fine, but dont expect any (You) from emulation videos

I have some old ass R4 card hidden somewhere. Can i use it on my 3DS to play pirated DS games?

That will work too. If you do that, use EmuNAND9 to restore the SysNAND.bin you made at the end of part 2 of the guide to EmuNAND instead of making a new EmuNAND (or you will lose everything you had before).

The problem is, FBI.cia will be wiped every time you format, so you need to deviate from the instructions a little: you need to either do all of the necessary formatting on 9.2 and then do the EmuNAND update with FBI already installed, or you need to install a .cia installer to your NAND before updating. The DevMenu_NAND_3DBanner_11_4.cia from this pack should work: mega.nz/#!CUQC0bJB!ZCxzFXsktaIz9o-Ot9O68yXYSPKKvURtKhW-ekEJM-U but keep in mind that it apparently doesn't actually run while you're on 9.2.

could work, try it

You need an R4 that's compatible with the 3DS.

I don't understand why you guys are being such assholes for no good reason. It's a good time to be excited you console/handheld only shitters. I bet your PCs are too shit for dolphin.

It is on topic. Homebrews includes hacks, and dolphin is one kind of a hack.

So i bought vlr last year or whenever it was. played the first set of rooms and got bored.
i don't see why people are going mad for it.

>dolphin is one kind of a hack.
Dolphin is an emulator. Emulation of any kind belongs into the Emulation General. I understand that this is difficult for you to grasp, so take your time.

>I bet your PCs are too shit for dolphin
true, but this a homebrew general not a fucking emulation thread
>It is on topic. Homebrews includes hacks, and dolphin is one kind of a hack.
yeah, not that type of thread

should've kept going, it may start pretty slow but it picks up

so i can't setup browserhax to readd the fbi.cia+tinyformat to reset my 2 times while i format? If it takes a tiny bit longer I don't mind completely taking all this extra time to do it

Maybe you just have shit taste? Ever think of that? And maybe you didn't play 999 like you were supposed to.

Alright let me argue that emulation is one kind of a homebrew, since it is home made and non-official. Check mate autists.

Thanks for the (You)s.

Kill yourself faggot.

what the fuck did i just do Veeky Forums?
i needed space to download some big ass games and deleted images from Veeky Forums years ago that can never be retrieved
how to beat myself for being cruel towards history and being a retard?
at least im not him

You can, but you need to stay on 9.2.
If you follow the guide normally, you make EmuNAND -> upgrade Emu to 11.0 -> do the 2x tinyformatting thing for the 2.1 downgrade (installed via H&S FBI) -> make your emunand_formatted.bin backup and do the 2.1 downgrade.
You'd make EmuNAND -> do the 2x tinyformatting thing for the 2.1 downgrade (installed via FBI homebrew inside EmuNAND) -> install FBI.cia and PlaiSysUpdater via homebrew FBI -> upgrade Emu to 11.0 -> make your emunand_formatted.bin backup and do the 2.1 downgrade.

>shit taste for shit anime

Your (You)s sustain me.

[DAMAGE CONTROL]

okay, so just triple checking, setting up internet for browserhax isn't going to ruin my chances of the downgrade fucking up or anything right? I really don't want to fuck this up because it's not my 3ds

i pray for you
never forget that

Nope.

So i downloaded a bunch of games with freeshop. How do i get the DLC for these games?

nice bait