Hey Veeky Forums, I just inherited $20m. I'm from poor eastern european country...

Hey Veeky Forums, I just inherited $20m. I'm from poor eastern european country, and the money is from my uncle in australia (whom I met once, and I though he had family). Most of it is in real istate in australia, but the guy dealing with the will said if I liquidated it right now, I'd get around those $20m.

My question is - can I live comfortable, upper-middle class life in the US with this kind of money? I could live like a king here with that money, but if I'm kinda rich, I don't want to live in this shithole. I guess it's not a lot of money for NYC/SF, but I'm thinking maybe Austin?

By comfortable living I mean having a nice (doesn't need to be big) house, some innawoods cabin with a property (preferably next to a lake), being able to take a vacation twice a year and not caring about the price of good food. I've been dealing with clinical depression for last 4 years, and I don't think I'll want a job anytime soon.

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

paypal.me/X0042/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've been thinking about liquidating the properties, and putting it to some super-safe investment with 1% yield, so it would give me comfy $200k a year. Does something like that exist?

what you are talking about are blue chip dividend stocks. And most of them net 2-3%.

what sort of properties are they? the image sort of implies rural.

Nah, image implies straya. From what I know, mostly office buildings.

Man you really got kissed on the dick

What do you mean by that?

just move to Australia if you're white

if not pic related

also you should just hold them, they're probably making more than 200k anually

>it's not a lot of money for NYC/SF
It's less, relatively speaking, but it's still decidedly at least an upper-middle class personal net worth anywhere on the globe.

This
I have never been to Australia to be honest but it doesn't sound like a bad place to live.

It means you are lucky

It's like America without all the minorities and guns.

So basicly heaven on earth then? Doesn't tax fuck you over?

Not any more than any other first world country.

>America without all the minorities

You mean without blacks.

We have tons of minorities, Sydney is mostly Asian and lebo. But at least they aren't blacks

Still 92% white according to the latest data, a lot of minorities get in on student/travel/work visas so it looks a lot different in the major cities.

The towns I grew up in 3k and 20k populations respectively you'd seen like 3 asians per month. Recently moved to Mildura and there's a whole load of asians around because it's a fruit picking area.

Unless you plan on living the high life in Beverly Hills come to Sydney. Great place for a wealthy man like you.

Spend some time traveling all over the world before you make up your mind.

If there's no minimum wage in your country you could become a billionaire with that money

>have 20 million dollars worth of property IN australia
>considers anywhere OUT of australia

you should get your head checked asap op

I'd be very weary of making any decision before actually having lived in a place, getting a feel for it after a month or so. Knowing what the living expenses are like, knowing where you want to rent/buy an apartment in which suburb. Knowing what the infrastructure is like, there's so many things and if you pick wrong you could blow so much money on that decision.

Melbourne and Sydney, and Perth are some of the most overpriced places on earth, but also Melbourne's reputation for being livable is earned. It's a great place if you don't need public transport and aren't a night owl.
But there's bound to be way cheaper, but still livable places stateside, just TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!!

I would totally get in touch with a International Tax Accountant and work out if you're up to pay any land-transfer taxes when you sell up. And see if you'll get taxed for bringing over all that cash to the U.S. If you do, maybe you want to keep it in Australia, or transfer it somewhere else.

Congratulations you lucky motherfucker

Fuck OP, road trip to Kansas. I've been trying to get a robotic lawnmower company off the ground. For 50% of the company u could foot the bill for the first few.

The goal is to mow people's yards and keep them golf course quality for half or less than anyone else can mow.

In America a lush green yard is keeping up with the jonses.

And these cucks around here mostly just care about being cheap cucks.

Its winwin for everyone.

I even got a shitty 1 bedroom house u can stay in for whatever your utilities run.

Maybe free if i can afford it.

Also been working my ass off studying real estate and personal finance. One of my best friends is a proffesssional athelete and we are building a clothing brand. And another chikdhood best friend recently graduated from a top 5 law school.

We are going places with or without u.

But hell, if u arent trolling and wanna come to america we can learn to manage our startups together.

Or if u arent a faggot and want nkthing to do with me it would be nice to have 1 more fucking person in town who isnt a fake dissabled cuck.

Tons of scenic wooded properties around here and i got a buddy with a bulldozer. U point and we'll dig u a pond.

Just tell everyone in town u are dissabled and dont fmdrive a lambo and none of these faggots will be any wiser.

Move to Australia. If you want to be super conservative you could liquidate the real estate and put the money in a high interest savings account at ~3% compared to like the 1% you'd get in the US. 600k a year to 200k. 600k a year is more than enough to do whatever the hell you want over here.

If you own the buildings, don't you get rent from them? The US isn't the best place in the world exactly, consider your options. It's not like in the movies, just go there on a few trips first (road trip perhaps). Forget about Australia, it was a prison island for a reason.

I wouldn't say billionaire, but it's not a bad idea, no. You can hire tons of people in shitty eastern-european countries to run a business. But let's face it, OP wants to live the NEET life and he just won the lottery, not literally, but you know what I mean.

hey bro, im interested, i've got 3k in bitcoin and $930 in bonds

send me an email: *************@****.com

>But let's face it, OP wants to live the NEET life and he just won the lottery, not literally, but you know what I mean.

That's right. As I said, I've been fighting clinical depression for last few years, so I just want to chill out now and figure that one out. I don't have any ambition for running a business right now. That's why I want to liquidate the real estate, so I don't have to take care of it, or hire a manager I don't trust.

There's probably already more than one person handling the business side of things, trust isn't really an issue.

I don't blame you, real estate is a bitch, especially residential. I'd liquidate the properties, although you'll want to be active in that, just so you're not getting screwed over by whomever is handling that work. Then you wouldn't be tied down anywhere in particular. Find a solid wealth management company that will help you protect your assets. JPMorgan, Northern Trust, Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch are all competent, not to mention your balances would give you access to top tier managers.

>JPMorgan, Northern Trust, Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch are all competent

Since when? Last I heard, those fuckers were sticking their hands out for bail-outs.

>Too big to fail

just burn the money xd

>get millions of dollars of property in Australia but wants to sell and move to a shithole and get shot.

hahahaha fucking stupid slavs watch too much hollywood

You could live like a surgeon in the us with that kind of money

Comfortable middle class would be like 4 or 5 million

The guy dealing with it wants to liquidate so he can cut a big slice out of your uncle's property.

Op, this is an easy one. American richfag here.

$20m liquid in the bank will get you $200,000 in interest a year, which is a very comfortable annual return to live off of. Buy a less than million dollar house and live off interest alone like a king!

just in case this isn't bait, put you money into an annuity that will pay interest. live off interest. i would put 20-30% into gold and silver to protect purchasing power in case of currency devaluation... aka insurance

just fucking invest 100k of it and save that money up, move to prague or berlin somewhere cheap in the meantime, work and when you're ready take out a portion of it and buy your own home in aus or us. buy it outright too. don't be retarded by wanting to move to 'land of da free' if you havent been there first, i'm a belarusfag so dont fall for us stereotype man

Your uncle earned this money, invested it wisely and you're going to sell everything, pay tons in fees and taxes along the way and put it in a 1% savings account. Read this statement aloud and see for yourself how fucking stupid that sounds.

are you a fucking dumbass? 20mil worth of real estate will earn you more than livable passive income in almost every city on earth. why the fuck would you sell it? your uncle busted his ass for that and you want to fucking get rid of it all to have a shitty NEET life?

live on the passive income and learn about real estate and investing meanwhile.

I went to Sydney recently and was walking around the city, I was the only white person around, everyone else was Asian.

There's heaps of Asians in the capital cities.

That's what happens when you go to shitty cities.

$20m in US means you're set for life probably anywhere as long as you don't go blow it on hookers and blow

sounds like you should just give the money to me

paypal.me/X0042/

Property is the best investment in australia if its in sydney,melbourne or perth

this, Australian cities are always on top of best cities to live. you are literally killing the golden goose user

I'd move to Northern California (weed triangle) and chill out with the hippies. Southern Oregon is good too.

The most weed created in this area in the entire country.

Bullshit.
No one with 20m USD would choose to live in Shitstrailia

There are ways, enjoy a 30% tax discount if you do it right !
I have a guy where who makes me a solid 30% plus a year on autopilot .
Australia , in the right parts is amazing .
Some of it can be pretty downtrodden though

Fake story is fake but really, $20m in property in Australia will return $500,000 to $1,000,000 annually. Why the fuck would you consider selling it to earn 1% returns?

You need to actually go to Australia and sit down with your uncle's financial advisor and accountant and get a fucking clue.

youre not wrong on the fake story thing

You could break that money up into several stocks with dividends paying like 5% apr and have 1 mil a year passive income. However as a warning, if you are not used to that type of money there is a good chance you will blow it. There are folks who scour IRS returns to find out who has a shit ton of cash and will track you down to scam you. My advice is if you plan on doing that get a PO box and don't tell anyone shit about what you have and live blue collar for a while.

Yes think about it. You can live 50 years spending 400k a year. Or 100 years spending 200k a year.

Either way you are set for life.

When you move to America, you will find the average person here only makes about 20k a year. No matter what the government says.

Don't move to Austin you'll be murdered by niggers.

OP, get the best financial advisor you can afford. With that kind of money, it is essential to invest it in the best way possible (you should be getting way more than 1%).

Also, as others have said, I wouldn't recommend buying a massive house until you've lived in a place for a while and really decided that's where you want to live.

>Some of it can be pretty downtrodden though
Just like any country on earth I guess