/domg/ - Dominions general

Thank you Bogarus, you continue to martyr yourself so that we may live in harmony and contentment edition

Previous Pantokrator Dominions is a fantasy turn-based strategy game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a strategy game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/dHdZ1cch

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Start playing multiplayer games

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Play your turns

momiji is a _____

Wolf!

So what's the best way to deal with besieging someone with a mountain of mages and summons? At this point they can't get out and I can't get in

Friendly reminder that /domg/ is a bully-free zone.

You can not have a thread

Why is this so arousing?

Dominions 5 when, Johan.

I need more microtransactions and dlc in my life.

Oni crushes Agartha

Why Agartha? Dolls = golems?

Yea

Golem Crafter. Although there are no exploding ones iirc

>Instill uprising
It may be presumptous to state this upright, but the amont of rising up she has instilled to certain things along these past years is not to be taken lightly.

>tfw your pretender is the last one to wake up

Fox girls are pure, unlike slutty goats

Just remove dryads from the game desu senpai.

OP related

Thank you Bogarus, you continue to martyr yourself so that we may live in harmony and contentment!

Honesty can't say I saw that coming china, well done

Can you resubmit a turn if you forgot to do something?

yes

No

Maybe

I don't know. Maybe test it?

Yes, you should get "turn revised" message

It depends.

>Teleporting an immobile pretender onto the enemy capital
Absolute madman

I made it.

Does poison work on oracles?

Thousand hours in single player.

Yes, llamaserver will use the most recent file you sent when processing the turn.

I think so, I mean I think it's lifeless but I don't think it has poison resistance or anything

Now I'm ready for my first noob MP game.

pls

I meant to say I don't think so, oops

Just so everyone knows, this is why i got memed on.

Foul vapors + massed skellies plus actual warlock aid is a lot for any non-nature nation to handle.

It can cast winds of death and a lot of other cancerous stuff. However he can't have it everywhere in the map, so if someone wanted to help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you ATLANTIS, you continue to martyr yourself so that we may live in harmony and contentment edition

go back to your underwater shithole, underwater nigger

>started removing ghosts as their literal counter
>got dunked on
pls uninstall

Wow, excuse me but please stop trying to draw attention to yourself, it's really not appropriate and it seems to me that you don't appreciate Bogarus dying for our sins.

Looks like that pretender, "useless rainbow pretender" as you claimed she is, is causing you some discomfort.

Thank you Lemuria, you continue to martyr yourself so that we may live in harmony and contentment.

I might actually attack dumb frogs now.

>useless rainbow pretender
Shouldn't Lemuria always pick rainbows? It has 0 blessed troops besides mages.

yes

hi lemuria

i wish magic weapons protected you from poison and starving, i really do. So let's say they aren't magic enough.

>"useless rainbow pretender" as you claimed she is

i never said that, have you mistaken me for other?

I'm not that guy but is this a meme?
Even if they have magic weapons and all that, they have no access to supply items.
Flatus lemuria also managed to defeat atlantis, right? Maybe they have the weapons to counter them but lack the magic paths to actually do it.

Both cleansing water in W and wither bones/dust to dust in D are excellent against undead.

Atlantis has all the magic it needs, lacks supply items, true, but in a rush situation it shouldnt be a big issue.

Magic weapons fix the largest problem fighting lemuria, managing to kill their troops. You also have amphibian, so they can't hide underwater or harass you from there.

Out of any nation you should have the easiest time fighting them by far.

Flatus Atlantis was retarded and Flatus Lemuria is a veteran player.

Nature magic is available to everyone. N1 indies are all you need for bags of wine. If you can't be bothered with that, trade for them.

N is the most common indie path I believe. Failing to secure N either via pretender, diplo or provinces when against spooks is a mistake in my books unless you can wield effective nosupply. LA Atlantis has W/D spells up it's sleeve anyways.

True, but still i have never seen either MA Ermor or Lemuria be defeated easily by anyone. They are always a pain in the ass.

Admin, are you alive?
I would really want at least 2-6 hours to be able to take my turn without rush.

The last few games I've been in Lemuria and Ermor were both removed (or at least made irrelevant) fairly quickly into the game. Although, I believe that was more to do with them fucking up than anything else.

Can Bogarus save us from the ghosts like he is saving us from Pan?

Hosting postponed for TheNewCool by 4 hours. The game will now host at 22:05 GMT on Saturday June 25th.

As biggest nation it's his responsibility to martyr himself so that we may live in harmony and contentment, and for accepting that responsibility I thank him.

A japanese goat sun.

supply items are also one of the most easily traded items in my opinion, especially when you are against lemuria/ermor cancer.

Atlantis, hey. Lemuria here. I can sell you some vine bottles for, say, 5 death gems each.

>Vine bottles
WHAT HAS GHOST SCIENCE DONE?

Fucking well done m8.

Sauro do you wish to have words?

I'm glad people appreciated that

He is done for. You can his southern lands below the fort nearest you including the fort, but the throne is mine.

Well then, okay. Any chance of me getting stuff beyond the fort? From what I've heard it's starting to go down up north, C'tis could be useful to you. The more we have the more we will be able to bury your enemies under a tide of calcium.

I think that is already generous considering how much you helped in taking the land.

I'll look for your help in the future to repay this debt.

>I'll look for your help in the future to repay this debt.
user, that phrasing of "look for your help" means "I will be looking for you to help me"

Hey guys, has anyone done anything with the game to increase the number of units in general?

Would the game with battles of 100s of units even be playable?

Shure, just gotta make sure you can feed them all. That or be Ermor.

I mean something like increasing the number of units you get per purchase

You could increase resources, gold, supply and site frequency in game setup.

However, generally speaking the standard settings offer a good balance in terms of sacreds (sacreds would be relatively weaker because their recruitment is limited by dominion strength but other units are not), ranged vs melee (only the frontline can engage, not the case for ranged) and magic (battlefield-wide magic is already very potent).

I don't see the problem. Most end-game battles already feature 1000 and more units.

I know that Mictlan lost because Vanheim had better mages but I never understand how these skewed battles even happen.

too bad end game battles are COMPLETE shit

>le turn 1 RoS+Earthquake+varios other shit that give you the win for being the first one to cast them

Reminder that hack frauds from Illwinter have 1200 unused item sprites inside the game archives. Is there a good program or online utility that makes big collages like this one without ugly watermarks?

master tacticians using the extremely complex strategy of le turn 1

>3 and a half year's worth of eagle warriors
>only 100 jaguar warriors

For what purpose

Mictlan had no B9, so t-strike spam obliterated everything. And it was played by Cirno, so...

MA Mictlan

Oh, right. Never played them, are eagles recruit everywhere for them then?

Yes. Jags are cap only.

Glad I've never played them then

I don't remember this.

So ashamed because of shame of your shameful defeat? Me too. MemeGameIII.

oh no, the flashbacks.

RoS and Earthquake aren't really that important later on compared to stuff like fog warriors and army of X, but lategame could use some more variety

buffs don't inmediately murder or cripple most of your opponent's army, that's the problem with RoS and Earthquake

>late game
>having armies still vulnerable to RoS or Earthquake

>playing human nations

>late game SC whack-a-mole

Soooo fun.

This thread is for enthusiastic people who enjoy games. Where do you think you are, on /v/?

I hate video games.

it's not fun to play whack a mole with dominions 4 horrible interface, this is one of the issues Illwinter should really focus on tackling and while they make improvements, it still needs a LOT of work