Let's discuss the historical relationship between the Germans and their Eastern neighbors

Let's discuss the historical relationship between the Germans and their Eastern neighbors.

Other urls found in this thread:

researchgate.net/publication/234719947_Ludnosc_kultury_luzyckiej_i_kultury_pomorskiej_a_problem_pochodzenia_Slowian
researchgate.net/publication/233399693_Odontological_Analysis_of_the_Wielbark_Culture_Population_from_Rogowo_Cementery_Poland
staff.amu.edu.pl/~anthro/pdf/mono/vol012/01piontek.pdf
arheologija.ff.uni-lj.si/documenta/pdf33/nowak33.pdf
etd.ohiolink.edu/!etd.send_file?accession=osu1330969837&disposition=attachment
ptantropologiczne.pl/en/ckfinder/userfiles/images/AR/vol76/AR_76-1-001-022.pdf
pl.scribd.com/doc/14180564/INDO-ARYAN-AND-SLAVIC-LINGUISTIC-AFFINITIES
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0054360
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0110839
polishgenes.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/first-direct-evidence-of-genetic.html
polishgenes.blogspot.com/2015/08/testing-genetic-continuity-in-poland.html
polishgenes.blogspot.com/2013/03/no-mongolian-admixture-in-poland.html
polishgenes.blogspot.com/2014/01/poles-more-indigenous-to-europe-than.html
eurogenes.blogspot.com/2012/04/prehistoric-scandinavians-genetically.html
eurogenes.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/the-really-old-europe-is-mostly-in.html
eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_R1a_Y-DNA.shtml
polishgenes.blogspot.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How far back do you want to go?

I know when the Huns showed up and started causing a ruckus, some of the Germanic tribes began shaping the skulls of their babies like the Hunnic tribes did.

Maybe it was to emulate the most powerful horde to hit Europe since the rise of Rome. Maybe is was Veeky Forums as fuck. The world may never know

>Germans live there for a while
>Get pushed west by Huns
>Slavs take up the space
>Germans crusade against the Poles/Slavs there
>Eventually Germans start casually spreading east in places like Silesia
>Hitler happens and removes Slav
>Germans get pushed west by Soviets

There is a difference between Germanics and Germans.

And genetic studies already proved that Western Slavs live there for 9000 years lol.

[citation needed]

You won't provide one, because I'm pretty sure the original inhabitants were neoliths of haplogroup I, not R1a Slavs

>Slavs

That's not a thing.

researchgate.net/publication/234719947_Ludnosc_kultury_luzyckiej_i_kultury_pomorskiej_a_problem_pochodzenia_Slowian
researchgate.net/publication/233399693_Odontological_Analysis_of_the_Wielbark_Culture_Population_from_Rogowo_Cementery_Poland
staff.amu.edu.pl/~anthro/pdf/mono/vol012/01piontek.pdf
arheologija.ff.uni-lj.si/documenta/pdf33/nowak33.pdf
etd.ohiolink.edu/!etd.send_file?accession=osu1330969837&disposition=attachment
ptantropologiczne.pl/en/ckfinder/userfiles/images/AR/vol76/AR_76-1-001-022.pdf
pl.scribd.com/doc/14180564/INDO-ARYAN-AND-SLAVIC-LINGUISTIC-AFFINITIES

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0054360
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0110839
polishgenes.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/first-direct-evidence-of-genetic.html
polishgenes.blogspot.com/2015/08/testing-genetic-continuity-in-poland.html
polishgenes.blogspot.com/2013/03/no-mongolian-admixture-in-poland.html
polishgenes.blogspot.com/2014/01/poles-more-indigenous-to-europe-than.html
eurogenes.blogspot.com/2012/04/prehistoric-scandinavians-genetically.html
eurogenes.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/the-really-old-europe-is-mostly-in.html

eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_R1a_Y-DNA.shtml

Thanks for something I already know.

>Archaeology.
This is not genetics, this is a result of a specific person trained in the field of archaeology assigning specific artifacts found in Eastern Europe as "Germanic" or "Slavic" based on his arbitrary interpretation.

You posted archaeology. I posted genetics.

Linguistics is not a deciding factor. It is possible (and what happened here) that a group can invade, then assimilate to the customs of the invaded. Slavs invaded and took up the language and culture of the natives.

If Slavs were native to the area, their haplogroup would be I, not R1a.

>western Slavs lived in central Europe before the Indo-european migration

fascinating

Why is eastern Russia so empty?

What even goes on in there?

Because Slavs aren't Indian or European, you retard.

Germans poke Slavs for centuries, Slavs send them back in 1945.

fuck slavs man

>polishgenes.blogspot.com

anyway most of modern european population can trace itself back to Neolithic people, but this has little to zero implication to language groups.

I use Germanics and Germans interchangeably when referring to ancient Germanic tribes. I'm also referring to mostly the area of Poland which I believe that ancient German tribes lived there before the Huns. I know that a tribe known as the Goths once lived as far as the Crimea.

Southern Slavs are mostly I

>I use Germanics and Germans interchangeably

Because you're a massive retard and I mean it.

Germans are WEST Germanic while a lot of the tribes living in Eastern Europe (Ostrogoths, Crimean Goths, Rugians, Vandals, Scirians, Burgundians, Herules) were EAST Germanics, so not only they aren't synonyms, they outright belong in a different group.

Boo boo. Not my fault if you're that retarded over people using terminology like that. They lived in what is modern day Germany and modern day Germans are they're descendants. It's like calling the different city states of Greece Greeks.

>they're
stay schemin' dawg

>They lived in what is modern day Germany

No nigger, they lived in what is now Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine, Romania and the Balkans. Visigoths in particular later migrated to Spain and North Africa, they have fuck all to do with Germany.

>they have fuck all to do with Germany.

They all lived in what was called Germania and there's a country today called Germany.

And modern Germany isn't located where those tribes lived.

A majority of the tribes lived in what is modern day Germany which served as the frontier with Rome. Arminius himself was born near Hanover

And Arminius was a West Germanic you fucking nigger. Completely different language and ethnic group.

There were also different groups of Greeks such as Doric and Ionic yet we still refer to philosophers from places like Pergamum as Greek even though modern day Greece takes more after Koine.

Doric is to Greek like German is to Germanic, dumbass. You're essentially saying that all Slavs are Poles and all Scandinavians are Swedes.

>You're essentially saying that all Slavs are Poles and all Scandinavians are Swedes.
I didn't say that.

More like Greek is to Doric and other Ancient Greek/Hellenistic Langauges like what modern day German is to Germanic. Also nice use of ad hominems during this entire discussion.