/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Old memes edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
E3 Bannerlord siege videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=705at0Pr4fM
youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8

E3 interview by Techraptor :
youtube.com/watch?v=txjEMt7utvE

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15.

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/2ZjZZZpc

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:

>user's ACOCK minimod
mega.nz/#F!JRQ1DRqA!Evh-3Q3uQRbaLzR4LiQ85A
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do ?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rNu8XDBSn10
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,76943.0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for fackable bodies

2nd for using the battlemap and/or autoresolving is cheating

CYMRU

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

>Napoleonic wars in Butterlord
I can't even begin to imagine

>Bannerlord still doesn't have a release date

>warwolf
>enemy army always just sits there for the first 5 minutes
>i play on minimum battle size, ride up, and kill half of the ai with headshots before they even initialize

Im not a frogposter, but i wish i had a smug pepe for this post.

stupid memeposter

stupid newfag

Butterlord fucking better be toaster friendly.

something something 2017

EA is something something end of 2016

What does PIC RELATED even mean?

>autoresolving
Why?

Because it makes the game harder bu increasing your losses.

if you have 50 shit tier troops versus 100 swadian knights good luck killing more than 3 of them with your troops
If you autoresolve you end up killing 10 or more of them

Autoresolve strongly sways the game in favor of itself. That is, a situation where you would ordinarily steamroll without a single casualty, when put on autoresolve, will usually result in at least a half-dozen casualties on your side.
tl;dr: that user is fucking lying
you still lose, idiot

seems pretty self-explanatory desu

let's say autoresolve has a 60-40 odds of winning in your favor
let's say you partake in that battle and lose more than 70% of your troops rather than losing 40%
let's say that isn't cheating
let's say go fuck yourself cheater

Quit without saving or no quitting without saving mbg?

Yeah, I don't mind losing a dozen or so troops if it saves me 10 to 20 minutes.

I didn't do anything to that mesh though?

These new useugi kenshin textures look great but they are FUCKING MY SHIT UP.

>be the strongest lord in all calradia
>own literally 2/3s of the entire map
>have a killcount of over 7000
>have a treasury of literally millions
>outfitted in the best possible armor with the best possible weapons
>get ambushed by some bandits who've been hired to kill me
>300 denars

It never happens this way around, the player always gets fucked. The AI always has loads of fodder even though the player can easily fill their party with elites.

I never autoresolve though. I always fight the battles. I was wondering why people would ever autoresolve their battles. The whole point is to murder the shit out of the enemies until your character is tinted red.

no, autoresolve isn't biased against the player, it's biased against the side with stronger troops
if you encounter a deserter party of 50 swadian man at arms or khergit lancers, autoresolve is much safer than fighting them head to head.
it's made more apparent in mods with elite and insanely powerful enemies

Who knows.
Probably the migrations of Total War fags who think it's necessary to autoresolve most battles so their precious campaign time isn't wasted.

How high should my relationship score be with a lord so that they will defect with me?

whoever pointed out that 1429 mod: it's very interesting

>autoresolve is much safer than fighting them head to head

If you're a retard who doesn't use any tactics whatsoever or is literally running around with only fodder maybe. If it's the latter then as says you still lose so it's pointless anyway. If you have some decent infantry, getting them densely packed together on top of a hill so the cavalry has to come up the slope and doesn't get a high speed charge in is pretty effective and I strongly doubt you'd do worse than auto-resolve.

>Posting in almost ded thread.
Silly me.

I love these kind of videos Hope they help.
[YouTube] The Difference between the United Kingdom, Great Britain and England Explained (embed)

fun fact about autoresolve: because taleworlds is garbage and native is full of shitty buggy code, if you catch a lord while he's raiding a village or if you're caught by a lord while raiding a village, you don't get any loot unless you autoresolve the battle

Did you try Warwolf?

>Total War
I haven't enjoyed a total war game since Rome (the first one, not the god awful second one)

Like the games get more bloated and less fun with every installment.

>[YouTube] The Difference between the United Kingdom, Great Britain and England Explained (embed)
I'm fucking retarded today.

youtube.com/watch?v=rNu8XDBSn10

S-Sorry, my Shogun, military leader of all Japan.

I'll commit sudoku now.

That's good! Now you can join us in overthrowing the living. Japan will belong to the Yokai!

So to summaries:

UK = England + Scotland + Wales + Northern Ireland
Great Britain = Most of (England + Wales + Scotland)
Ireland = Republic of Ireland (not in UK) + Northern Ireland (in UK)

did you create new items for the new materials I sent you?

Yes. It turned out those spaces you put fucked up everything. I think I've got it fixed now.

Whenever you are dealing with M&B you have to use _

on the materials?

I only used spaces because the ones you sent me also had them

so warwolf.. just what are the requirements to continue the little sister quest after finding her the first time?

I have no idea what profession level : 66 / -5 honor: (may take time pass) :: or whatever cryptic messages the russian left is means. Is it even in the game?

Also has anyone found a single companion in the 12th century yet?

By yes I mean no. I didn't not create new items. I'm just having her old (new to this patch) items use the new assets.

I could of just had the old models use the new textures but I want it all it be in it's own .brf for ease of use.

Yeah i fucked up when I made you the .brf with spaces in the name. That was the first easy fix. But you put spaces in the mesh names which I through me off the second time.

custom banner user here, it's been 2 months since I did literally anything on the mod cause I'm stuck on another continent for like 4 months and forgot to bring my files with me

anyone still interested in playing an outdated version?

well, glad you fixed it. can't wait to see her ingame.

Bout to take a look now. Will post results.

Finding her in her battle gear is a bitch. Apprently where feasts happen when you start a game are not random and are set. They only become random after those first ones end. Of course Uesugi Kenshin ALWAYS starts the game with a feast. So I have to wait for her to stop stuffing her fucking face full of retainer cock before she goes out into the field.

PLS RESPOND

>banned from every multiplayer server besides that shitty fucking Mount & Siege one

depends on their personality type and many other factors, such as persuasion etc

if u can't do the time don't do the crime

>women in charge of riding horses

STANDING

I guess she liked that horse a lot she seems upset.

damn...

hey, you never answered my question earlier.

How after nearly 1k hours did I not find out about ctrl+f9? It makes action screenshots so much easier.

I haven't played awoiaf in months, ACOK has improved a lot recently (performance and crashes that used to make it unplayable for me)

How the fuck did this happen?

I will put all of everything into this one blow! My love! My Hate! My Fear! My Hopes! My Dreams! My Regrets! Everything that has led me to this one moment! This one Strike! My blade is the blade that will pierce the Kenshin!

>start game
>Qohor immediately declares war and besieges Pentos
>Myr declares war against Pentos
>Norvos declares war on Qohor and Myr
>Lorath declares war on Myr
>Volantis declares war on someone, triggering a chain reaction of defensive pacts leading to every other war being declared at the same time
>The Stannis and Renly events haven't even triggered yet

Out skilled. Nothing person Kenshin.

Thanks again man. The waifu fags and weebs should enjoy this.

Thanks.

>ctrl+F9 for action screenshots

I've known about it for ages but it never clicked until now that I could use it for that purpose.

>tfw bullying camp followers

THIS IS A NO BULLY ZONE

What else are would you do to them?

lol

>his sister is in jail
I'd make a slut joke but she has to be 40+.

>She's gonna end up a souless cumbucket when I find her mark my words.
Actually she isn't.

She's a fucking dancer you nigger

>it doesn't even have while loops or arrays
How is this possible?

>loops and arrays
there are ways to emulate the behavior of them

You have to get to -5 honor and wait.

Daily reminder that MULTIPLAYER IS THE ONLY GOOD PART OF THE GAME AND SINGLEPLAYER SHOULD BE REMOVED

Why are you responding to posts from hours ago, user?
Let it go you spicy ferdroa

exactly -5 honor?

>knocked unconscious by cheat

Because I am able to and the old tab was open

No, I'm guessing you're a bandit or a pirate so it's probably anything lower than -5.

im pretty sure its given the same message when ive done it as a lord as well.

is it -5 or less or -5 or more? because ive been that way too, but im usually always well in the positives

i just dont know what it wants of me.

Probably or less, so [-100, -5] is what you're aiming for.

A charterer i made with 999 in all fields. Except denar that is 9999999.

Having to start a new game all the time is a pain in the ass though.

Why do you do nothing but bully her

Because sadly the only way to see a lord in full gear is in a combat scene. Talking to them only gets you PIC RELATED.

Thankfully when you talk to lords in Bannerlord it looks like you get almost a full body shot.

naval sieges feel like pearl harbour, the defenders don't even stand a chance

Bonerlord will be so vulnerable to cheating due to that barter screen

I need to finish this fucking patch so I can go back to playing the game instead of modding it.

those are some big feet

Those are her old boots.

>boots
I mean socks with sandals. Maybe I should give her a fedora to go with those.

forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,76943.0.html
want to see something bizarre? click either of the download links in the OP

>>Gekonewer

i tried to download this and just got an eror at like 98%

fuck that, back to warwolf

both of those links are long dead

>How is this possible?

You can basically only make 2 types of loops. To put them in terms of more standard programming languages (but they're not expressed this way in the scripting language) they are:

for(i = min; i < max; i++) and for(i = max - 1, i >= min; i--) where you only get to set min and max.

That is the extent of loops. Luckily you at least get the flexibility of being able to set min and max to variables and updating them dynamically, so you could for example start with min = 0 and max = 10, then when a condition is met change max to 0 and immediately end the loop. This is a common way of emulating while loops.

For arrays, they just don't exist, but you can emulate them by spawning an inactive party and storing data in its "slots", which are supposed to be used to hold info like (bearing in mind that fiefs are actually parties in the game) prosperity, wealth, current lord, etc.

It makes everything needlessly difficult and I really can't wait for Bannerlord now. Just having object orientation and exception handling will be phenomenal.

you can also use troop or item slots for arrays im pretty sure

Sounds autistic and shitty as fuck desu
I'd preferred C++ but C# at least has basic features expected of functional programming languages

Yes, that's true, but if you want to dynamically create an arbitrary number of them and not fuck with slots that are actually in use you'll have to go with spawning parties. If you just need one array, using the slots of temp_troop is a good quick fix.

I'm not big on C++, but probably just because I did a course on during the time when I was burned out from studying and stressing constantly as I put in the absolute minimum effort at the last possible minute and barely passed everything, so it kinda triggers me.

you know what's even more amazing
taleworlds actually uses the module system to script half of the features in Native
C++ is used for the engine stuff, the entire campaign AI and shit is programmed through the module system (and it's filled to the brim with awful bugs)

for you

how come gekonewer has horses but there were never horses in japan?

sorry didnt mean to quote

just general question

Mostly because there were horses in Japan.