/rlg/ - Roguelike General (unvanilla nonbagel edition)

Poschengband 5.0.0 released (breaks save compatibility!)
angband.oook.cz/forum/showpost.php?p=111423&postcount=233

Vanilla Angband Comp(until July 6)
Elf Warrior with a permacursed Deathwreaker:
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

Junethack is ongoing for the rest of June: junethack.net/

DCSS Trunk Updates:
crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-12-june-2016

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/pkf1qnuZ

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=read the pastebin you fucking nigger
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

reminder that if it's on steam it is Not A Roguelike

4th for pharaoh approved thread

unnethack is fun

How is it?

I don't think rlg has posted about much other than dyanahack and sometimes slashem EX

I GRAB THE ORB AND SEIZE IT

I CLENCH MY ANKH AND BEAT IT

I GRAB AN OOF AND PUNCH IT

I AM THE GOD I WORSHIP

Only true /rlg/ threads have the pharaoh's stamp of approval, beware of imitations.

Is there any downside to eating blobs in a lab

blob cars yes/no

blob cars are some weird shit added by the vehicle additions pack mod

>Is there any downside to eating blobs in a lab
considering they give food poisoning every time you eat them like you'd get from zombie meat, yes. Very much so, yes.

Question: why are we using a new thread when we have 739 posts in the old one

actually it's 741

and the other one has 2 posts

Why the hell does the tainted tornado recipe exist?
To torture oneself?

Time to get good at Cataclysm DDA

To add more bloat of course.

I just assumed we switched to this thread out of spite towards .

More or less.

Well, I mean, the Rivtech stuff in general is kinda broken, what with being able to craft literally infinite light/coffee sources at what, 4 electronics?
They still (rarely) spawn randomly, which I think is more acceptable.

Anyone got any experience making mods in cata? Due to the lack of much variety of gun attachments, I kinda want to try making my own. I got no idea what's involved in making a mod though.

How much fame do I need to be able to reforge artifacts in PCB? Is it based on their powerlevel?

lmgtfy.com/?q=read the pastebin you fucking nigger
You should shoot for the "You are a living legend" rank.

new dck strim never ever
consider this your threadly reminder

basically it's a really really old recipe that lets you craft pseudo-mutagen with low-ish cooking skill.

Maybe it's time to turn off small levels.
Bets on whether I live?

I wouldn't come back if I were him too. Half of the people shitpost about him the other half kiss his feet. It's an unpleasant existence.

I am thankful for MuMo and the influx of good fun and pics that it created for the general.

You're level 31 and those are like what, level 10-15 monsters?

I was more concerned about Moire.
I actually had to burn both my healings because her spells hit like a truck while confusing/stunning.
At least she dropped good ego weapons.

No crown?

>Bets on whether I live?
you had 5 scrolls of teleport level and were at full health.
What the fuck are you smoking.

No crown.
No confusion resist yet, so any caster with extra speed and confusion fucks me up something fierce.

>you cast page 10 resistance.
>What an act of faith!

Is Spacechem a roguelike?

As much as cookie clicker.

>back to thulg
simply ebin

Oh, wow...

It's easy. All the item definitions are in text files. The hard part is probably making a pull request on Github to have your shit included in the game.

>get this as a thulg
Just fuck my shit up big time senpai.

I found a post on the forum where someone else was asking basically the same thing as me, and someone replied and told him to try looking at the files for the other mods that are already there. So that's what I've been messing with. There's still a lot of information I need though, and I'm not sure where to find it, but I think I can figure most of it out by reverse engineering some of these other mods.

Honestly I'm not really worried about getting it actually in the game except for myself for right now, so that's not a big deal. Maybe eventually, if I can put together enough things to make it worth going through the effort of trying to get it added.

>already died 10 times without reaching the lair
I'm tabbing too much today.

Play some MuWz so you can get your wits again.

Holy fuck it really is dependent on depth.

raise your autofight_stop treshold to 50%, you filthy minotaur.

>two resists
> 4d5
>+10
it's pretty shitty. If that was angband, it'd be the best weapon in the game.
In PCB, it's not even that good a stat stick.

I mean sure but that thing would be great at the level I'm on.

>not 70%

How would I go about doing that?

read the jsons.
Learn from the jsons.
You don't need coding knowledge, just copypaste junk.
When in need, look at the github for specific object names (99% the name of the object will be different, like survivor gear called l_surv_belt or other stuff) or use wizmode to wish for an item to grab the "true" name of the item.

That is, if you're trying to create a mod that adds more bloat I kindly ask you to forget what I just said and jump off the nearest bridge.

That's only for MuMo.

edit rc, ctrl-f "autofight_stop" and change the current value to 50/60.
autofight_stop = 60

So how does one play an OgGl? I don't really care even if I had a +500 Secret Club weapon if getting to 10 AC is almost always close to impossible even after getting 2 runes.

>needing AC
>or EV
you have ruk and a fuckhuge amount of HP. Train throwing and fighting.

I'd probably pickup a shield and a TLA, but that might get in the way of your GSC shenanigans. It'd definitely help you live though.

it's a 4d5 slay evil weapon with upside. Anduril's pretty solid until you find one of the superhuger dice weapons

yup....based Q

This game REALLY wants me not to worry about electricity.

Thanks.

Damn son. That is the only good SDA I've ever seen. Literally EVER.

Kobold demonologists can summon a lot of enemies.

I should be more careful next time, especially if there are three of them.

Is this degenerate /rlg/?

Shit, is OgBe really the only viable way?

>read the jsons.
>Learn from the jsons.
>You don't need coding knowledge, just copypaste junk.
Yeah that's pretty much what I'm doing right now. It seems simple enough, hopefully I won't run into any serious snags.

>use wizmode to wish for an item to grab the "true" name of the item.
How do I do that? That could come in handy for also testing to make sure whatever I'm making actually works.

>That is, if you're trying to create a mod that adds more bloat I kindly ask you to forget what I just said and jump off the nearest bridge.
Hah. Well, I'm not just trying to add inane shit that fills a role that's already covered, like extra guns with no real stat changes over comparable pre-existing options. No, what I'm interested in doing currently, is adding more gun attachments so that you've got more than just one or maybe two decent and/or easily accessible options per slot depending on what weapon you have. Rail slot is particularly bad since there's at best one actually useable option per gun, due to the way sight dispersion and aim speed affecting attachments (like the rail/underbarrel laser sights) work.

So my first order of business is to try and create some rail mounted options. My first attempt at a mod is just going to be a simple rail-mounted railgun. Seems like all I really have to do is copy the rail-mounted crossbow stuff, change some values, and add UPS cost to it. I'm still trying to work out what some of these values mean, like "min_skills": [ [ "gun", 2 ] ], but aside from that everything seems pretty simple.

You only want to fight them if they're all adjacent or damn close. Otherwise beat those feet. It only takes 1 good summon to ruin you.

I actually thought I could defeat them.

But when I realized I couldn't it was too late.

I always go berserk at the wrong time.

I've won an OgHu of Dithmenos. It was fun as heck.

Summon a brother if you don't have berserking down. Most situations where you would want to berserk are also fixed by summoning a brother or 2, except you have the option to dip out as well.

I did, but he got fucked up by the demons and a two-headed ogre.
I always forget that you can summon more than one though.

>one-turn kill
A new record.

Fixed in 5.0.0

>How do I do that?
Just add a keybind for debug menu

>How do I do that?
go to ? 1 and rebind your debug menu key
>try and create some rail mounted options.
seems interesting.
I'd help you out, but apparently the main dda site has shat the bed and I can't download the latest windows console experimental. Anyway, I suggest looking around the mods in case you get troubled, they often have homemade code hacks you can copy like "override" and other junk that makes the game choose your own recipe/item/blacklist instead of vanilla's.
I think you can find it in the more survivor tools. Or I think It's called survivor tools? I had to download the stable version.

>ToME insane rl
>rip at high peak 10
holy fuck I fucking hate this shitty fucking FUCK game
I can't FUCKING WAIT to play a new character for 70 hours just to get to the end
why is the campaign so godshitawful long
why is there no official quicktome addon yet
FUCK

>playing on insane
That's the problem.

>insane
Try a more fair difficulty.

I can't play anything other than insane
it's a billion times easier to gear up and doesn't even compare to normal/nightmare when it comes to difficulty
going from insane to nightmare would be like playing a completely different game

I can get consistent runs to midgame/endgame but I usually end up getting fucked by a randboss archer critting me for 95% of my health every turn or a randboss melee flurrying me for 5k damage

I just hate how long the campaign is

I've heard archmage is a really powerful class for difficult runs

Maybe you should try it.

>Splatting my most successful deathsword to getting breathed on by OOD shit

F U C K
MY GRIND

>letting OOD shit breathe on me
Own fault

already won with archmage on insane and ye it's gr8
trying for an oozemancer win right now

I love the random evolutions, but man do hounds suck mightily.

Should have kept grinding ancient dragons in dragon's lair, I guess.

You knew what you were signing up for, senpai. Only one sword out of the multitude can break through.

yeah hounds (and a few other classes, particularly the weaker monster classes) are basically meant as "chris was bored and wanted a challenging thing to play with some small unique bonuses that in no way are sufficient to make up for the weaknesses"

the hound-pact warlock is similarly underpowered but kindof fun despite it

>d8 gargoyles
Could have been awake and molten, I guess.

nah dude, I had an OgFi of Ashenzari clearing Elf early because he had statue form and haste

ONE DAY
I MAY

But not today because I've still got a morale penalty from faulting.

Which roguelike lets me swooce right in?

brogue

How does the -6 on this buckler works? Will I have -5 AC if I wear it?

reminder that pets in nethack are bastards

negative AC functions the same as 0 AC, it just reads negative to show you how much you have to make up before you can have non-zero AC

It's not like there's much of a difference between 1 ac and 0 AC, , while having 26 dex really helps.

No, you'll have negative sh if you wear it.

Whether the +6 dex is worth losing your offhand punch, I have no idea.

You'll have basically 0 SH if you wear that. You essentially give up a tentacle for rN and 6 dex.

>tfw +10 slaying, haste/dig/distint wand prelair
>But I'm an ogre
All it takes is one hit to wreck everything, but I get destroyed just as easily. This is really odd.

Actually octopodes still keep their off-hand tentacle slap with shields

Finally figured out how colours work in ruby curses.

Now the game looks like a fucking pride parade.

>Another wand of hasting and a +5 morningstar of protection from a fucking yaktuar captain on d:9
Surely I can't fuck this up.

sure you can

prettty.

I got to 1 HP from a centaur pack and a red ugly thing. Got real spooked by I'm trucking through lair now. Tomahawks are absurd when you have +10 slay.

Ugly things are dangerous if you don't have the adequate resistances.