Why can't muslims drink alcohol? Is there a reason Allah forbids it?

Why can't muslims drink alcohol? Is there a reason Allah forbids it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fw8vnMuKrGs
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/people-ate-pork-middle-east-until-1000-bcwhat-changed-180954614/?no-ist
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Allah is a fucking loser

>It is bad for your health
>It makes you act like an idiot

*teleport behind you*
*light up bomb*
Noffin personnal kuffar

Tribal nomads can't handle booze.

Even early christians understood the fact that you can have it in moderation however. And don't get me started on the "MUH PIGS" rule.

Technically you just can't be drunk while praying or be drunk in a mosque.

As long as you keep it to a four hour buzz you're cool with allah

Religion is about banning stuff.

Why do you people on Veeky Forums always try to give "rational" explanations why Islam bans shit for no real reason. "p-p-p-igs were just very unsanitary, muslims were smart really!"

Most muslims just substituted alcohol with drugs and other narcotics.

>inb4 "no all muslims were totally pious 24/7"

Simply put, alcohol gives you a taste of heaven that usually can only be experienced if you actually go to heaven.

you're not fooling us, satan

The real question is why is Christianity different from Judaism and Islam and other minor Abarahamic religions on this matter

Not even sure it bans alcohol. It bans intoxicating substances, but also praises wine assaid.

The funny thing is, they ended up with no wine which is only intoxicating in large doses but saw no problem with using hashish or Arguilas.

What can you expect from another Abrahamic sect.

Cultural rules and taboos are usually ways to distinguish one's sect from another in the Middle East i.e. we butter our toast on the top unlike those HEATHENS across the river.

So Muslims don't eat pork or shave their beards (but not mustaches) or congregate for prayer on Friday and so on and so forth because that's what Jews, Christians, Samaritans, Zoroastrians, and so on do.

The danger of a people's holiness being tainted by syncretic influence from another faith, especially from close contact like living close together, friendship and alliances, even marriage, was a huge deal in Late Antiquity.

Because alcohol leads to violence and sexual debauchery, the two cancers that were killing pre-Islamic Arabia.

Allah knows best

If I had to pose a completely uneducated guess, because drunkenness makes you a less effective soldier.

And more facetiously, because if you're constantly pissed off and hate everyone because you can't enjoy the calming pleasure of alcohol and the notion everyone is your friend really, you'll be much more inclined to die a soldier than to live any longer as teetotal.

They do the same with Judaism and Christianity.

What the fuck is wrong with shellfish, or preparing meat and milk in the same kitchen?

The only rational explanations are health, or as pseudo-political tracts. ("Those people near us like X. Let's ban X in our book as a god-given excuse to cut their heads off.")

Is this question a troll? Even a kid knows why alcohol should be banned

because this is what happens when you give indians alcohol

youtube.com/watch?v=fw8vnMuKrGs

Because what's the point of beer when it's all warm?

The bizarre part is that in religions that prohibit alcohol, they promise you all the alcohol you could ever want in heaven.

>it's like they know

Nobody drinks alcohol for the flavour.

It still gets you drunk when it's warm.

>It makes you act like an idiot

And not drinking makes you act like a savage subhuman who go around blowing themselves up.

Some don't think he does forbid it.
>Why, be this Juice the growth of God, who dare
>Blaspheme the twisted tendril as a Snare?
>A Blessing, we should use it, should we not?
>And if a Curse--why, then, Who set it there?

t. philistine

Where did you get that from? I thought it was completely forbidden

To keep their gentile followers. Romans and western pagans were binge drinkers.

What would the ancients think of steel reserve?

lol because they're soooo much less violent now that they're Muslim right? lmao

Who needs hangovers when there are other ways to feel like every single part of your body has been blown apart by TNT?

I'd say for the same reasons that led to other alcohol restrictions: disobedience and laziness. The same reason why all colonial powers tried to prevent the Africans from drinking during their rule sooner or later.

You faggots serious? "lol some muslims kill people, they're violent because they're muslims". Back then violence was everywhere anyways and religious leaders PROMOTED violence against other religions (which is what you are referring to). In order to channel their violence against other religions, their own men need to behave orderly and that's why they didn't want them to drink. Plus they wanted their people to work properly in order to become(/maintain being) a wealthy or stable community.

kek

>lol because they're soooo much less violent now that they're Muslim right?
Yes.
That should give you an idea of what kind of shithole pre-Islmaic Arabia was.

While there's an Islam related thread goin I have a question. Since Islam Christianity and Judaism are all abrahamic religions is one of the main differences that Christianity and Judaism follow the line of Isaac while Islam follows the line of Ishmael

>Since Islam Christianity and Judaism are all abrahamic religions is one of the main differences that Christianity and Judaism follow the line of Isaac while Islam follows the line of Ishmael
That's post-hoc justification.

Yet they continue to blow themselves and others up in current year

Also is this why muhammad doesn't have a claim to the holy lineage or whatever you want to call it

So do Christians, they just don't back themselves up with religion, using racism and "mental illness" instead.

>Even early christians understood the fact that you can have it in moderation however.

But you're still better off without it.

There is not even a semblance of genuine curiosity in this thread. This is just a thinly veiled thread to bash islam. return to pol

Muhammad getting a couple of angels drunk or something, I don't quite remember.

Bruh i have algerian origins, my uncle came here lately and he doesn't drink because of his creed so i'm genuinely interested

Watered down for their taste.

Because if they didn't reform the things like no Alcohol and no pork there is absolutely NO way in hell it would have caught on with the Europeans of late antiquity and medieval times

Technically the Quran doesn't prohibit alcohol at all, it prohibits the drinking of grape wine specifically(probably because that was the predominant alcohol at the time).

The passage that talks about grape wine is translated as alcohol usually, but there are Islamic theologians who take that passage literally, and say that you can drink everything except grape wine.

Source

Witnessed

The same thing we think of it now. Fucking disgusting.

Because they had and still have large amounts of opium.

martial race doesn't want to waste grain

it's a conspiracy of the anti alcohol mafia to force them to pay

>religion
>reason

Aren't Christians not supposed to drink alcohol as well? Anyway I know plenty of Muslims who drink alcohol in moderation.

I don't think eating pig meat was ever rooted specifically in Islamic tradition. There seems to be a taboo against pigs in the Near East millennia before the advent of Islam.

smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/people-ate-pork-middle-east-until-1000-bcwhat-changed-180954614/?no-ist

So between 1500 BC to 1000 BC, pig meat just became unattractive to Near Easterners.

*not eating pig meat was ever rooted specifically in Islamic or Jewish traditions.

in muslim heaven there are rivers filled with wine

Not really.

Small amounts of alcohol make you much more amenable and sociable, occasionally more creative, and more relaxed.

Speaking as a sperg, it's basically the only way I can interact with normal people.

IIRC, initially it was "not drunk while praying" rule, but it changed to full ban on alcohol during some Sultan or Caliph. Probably couldn't handle his booze.

He's a fascist.

How many of them claim God said to kill people? The difference is that in most cases the killer might be culturally Christian but they aren't shooting people yelling "Jesus saves!" Most of the time.
Nearly every Islamic terrorist attack features someone yelling God is great.

Name one religion that didn't do similar acts

They can and do use opium and hashish.