Marvel Heroes General: Giveways Don't Exist Edition

previous thread: /mh16g/ FAQ: docs.google.com/document/d/1jytUL9L-LUo82w2uoqhCT9yeQunrRkPZ3qdvMVZwHl4/edit
Useful links: docs.google.com/document/d/1GiiabYpbbSu4iYEgJ-0wq9dsMtvfCJJoQ5xzy4CM1a0/edit
Test Center: marvelheroes.com/test-center
Marvel Heroes Database: marvelheroes.info/
How do you level so fast?: imgur.com/Gy64peA
Where can I find builds? Hero-specific forums, marvelheroes.info or in the thread.
**Refer to Google.doc, updated when possible**

CURRENT CODES:
INSTITUTE - Various boosts
2015 - Fortune Card Mark I x1, Fortune Card Mark II x1, Fortune Card Mark V x1
INFLUENCE - 200 Genosha Influence
DANVERS - Captain Marvel All-New All-Different (Default) Costume

THE FUTURE OF MARVEL HEROES:
forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/167730/

SUPERGROUP:
/co/ has a supergroup (guild) currently named Muggas Stole Forty Cakes. Ask in thread for an invite, all are welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/vg/1466826205490.gif
forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/285429/disable-omegas-for-dr-trials/p1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for ded game.

yfw pissnaming

Drank from that fountain one time, never again.

Red name Taskmaster right now. I am so ready for the grind.

>pissnaming tasky

Damn straight. Why wouldn't I pissname the best hero?

Mr Knight or Planet X Moon Knight?

>ever doubting about using Mr Knight

Mummy knight tho.
Broken flight mode tho.

In the end I got another 16€ and a 4€ worth of g and bought some heroes and both hulk and wolverine. Fuck it if they're not that good, I want to play as my favorite marvel chars.

I got melee and magic ranged chars, now I want to buy a hero with guns, who is the most fun?

So, I guess the choices are: Black Widow, Blade, Cable, Deadpool, Punisher, Rocket Raccoon, Star-Lord, Taskmaster, and Winter Soldier.

Black Widow's pretty fun, roll around, drop some grenades, do crazy burst damage with her sniper rifle. Cable and Deadpool ranged is pretty straight forward, just lay some DoTs while holding a spirit spender. Deadpool also has an invuln melee skill used for procs, and has no spirit and a free teleport, so overall pretty top tier.

Punisher is unique, since he has an Ammo mechanic instead of spirit, although he could use a bit of tuning. Takes getting used to monitoring his Ammo. Rocket's gunnercoon build is pretty fun overall, though I don't know about damage. Star-Lord isn't in a great spot, but I always enjoyed him. Dashing around, tossing grenades, laying DoTs. Taskmaster is better now that he got a slight buff, but he drains spirit like crazy, iirc. Winter Soldier is sort of a mix between Punisher and Widow, with high bruts and constant variety of guns, though he plays more straightforward with spirit.

Punisher if you like resource management, Cable if you like muties, Deadpool if you want easymode, Widow if you hate literally everyone around you.

>Cable if you like muties
who the fuck likes muties anyway?

Okay, after playing a bit with them which doesn't really say much, I'm gonna get either Cable or Deadpool. Cable feels more satisfying while Deadpool just seems to do crazy shit with both swords and guns.

The question is, Cable and another 450g hero or Deadpool and probably Hawkeye because I don't care for the other 225g heroes.

Are there any other 450gs you like?

retoasting

You already used your free hero ticket? deadpool is expensive.

Yes, quite a few.
Nova, Psylocke, Venom, probably a few others.

Keep in mind I picked them because I like them as marvel chars and from the little I played with them. No idea if they're any good or not.

Deadpool is literally ezmode and fairly straight forward with gearing. He also won't ever die if you've got a bifecta. Hawkeye is still fun, so if you have to get DP and HE, he's not a loss.

If you go the double 450Gs route, Nova is primarily a movement based hero with some melee elements, and Psylocke is a Mental/Physical Melee (either or) that's kind of like a better Wolverine. She hops around and drops DoTs, clones herself, and just lays down katana slashes. I'd talk about Venom, but he's probably in the worst spot just because he's also outdated. Nova and Psylocke are probably about average, as far as tiers go, but they're both pretty fun.

Nova, psylocke and venom are very subjective.
Very specific gameplays, you really need to play them.

I went with Deadpool and Hawkeye.
He is just a shitload of fun.

Now I think I'm set for a very long time, got a shitload of characters and playstyles. Too much maybe. Spent 36€ which is ok, reasonable I think. Together with gambit from a while ago, I must have spent around 45€, maybe a bit less. Pretty much what you would have to pay if it was p2p.

Dog bless this sale :DDD.

ive spent like 200 over the past four months

help

cant stop gambling

>tfw they forget about kurt

>including worthless garbage Betsy and Tasky in that photo
Proof that Shitzillion knows no shame

>shittalking Bestmaster

Three years? But wasn't Taskmaster the only character in that picture that was around at launch?

>around at launch
Guy fucking came out April Fools the next year after launch, mugga. Deadpool is the only one that's from launch, hell, he was in closed beta.

Oh, that's right! He was the second of the 'villain' heroes added to the game. And I straight up forgot about Deadpool being around at launch, though. Thanks for the correction.

About how long does it take to get a character to max level?

I need to know if I'm retarded for buying like 10 characters. Maybe that was a mistake, I just couldn't resist with the sale.

Depends how many you have at 60.
Every character you have at 60 gives you a bonus to XP, and then Cyclops has a synergy XP bonus for everyone.
First few could take you a couple days, but then you quickly reach the point you can get one done in an afternoon, and then just an hour or two with the shitload of boosts you'll have by then.

Sorry muggas i slept in this morning, BUT WE HAVE A MEME WINNER.

Congrats, Ill contact you ingame for your prize.

BUT FEAR NOT MUGGAS
>More give aways INBOUND.

bullshit list

Right now there's a 200% serverside boost, so it's really quite fast. Otherwise there's storymode (quest XP not affected by serverside boost typically). Legendary Quests are available after Lv20 for large boosts of XP. Cyclops synergy and having multiple heroes to Lv60 (up to 29 heroes) grants you more XP. If it's your first run through the game, might take a few days to hit 60, depending on your amount of play.

>Cyclops has a synergy XP bonus for everyone.

How do I get that, is it a max level reward?
So it would be a good idea to play him first?

HERE COMES ANOTHER GIVEAWAY.

>Post your ingame name.
>Post best waifu aka black cat

I'll draw a name later tonight.

GL

Every hero grants two synergies that can be applied (up to 10 heroes per character), one at Lv25 and one at Lv50. Cyclops grants +10% XP for his Lv50 synergy.

Your first 4 heroes to Lv60 also grant higher boosts, like mentioned here It goes +30%, +20%, +15%, and +10% for a total of +75% after you get 4 heroes to Lv60. Every Lv30 hero afterwards grants +1%, Lv50 hero +3%, and Lv60 hero +5%, with the total amount available through this system being +200%.

FlatPancake
Assuming in-game available waifus, Sue.

Oriohne
Captain Marvel

MotorBootyAffair

valkman

I knew I saved this from previous thread for a reason: i.4cdn.org/vg/1466826205490.gif

Attlus

chopabear

Well then, Cyclops it is first.
Fine with me, I was wondering who to play first so this works.

Can't resist, I will buy his 90s xmen costume. It's how I remember him. Maybe for gambit as well.

TheStrife

It is done.
I got the costume for gambit as well.
Also had g left and got Storm.

Okay, I really need to stop now.

Don't forget to get Tasky too.

If you have more money to waste, send me some.

I already have him. :^)
When I unlocked Storm I got the achievement for 20 characters so yeah, I better stop now, that's way more than enough.

this ruins the comfy pissnaming weekend.

Aktika
Betsy

They know how to spot a whale, I guess

ded

How are the Thing and Rocket raccoon?

I got them from random hero thing.
Also, how is Spider-man?

If it exists, feel free to link me a tier list, that would be handy. On the other hand questions bump the thread so whatever.

Heard Spidey was nerfed, is he any good now? I thought about getting him as free hero.

apex says he's shit, so he's shit now, stay away.

Thing's good. Straight brawler, no combo system, just whacks people with lampposts and beats them down. Rocket's gunner is pretty fun, though I don't know how his turret build is nowadays. Spider-Man can be played melee or ranged and has pretty great visuals all around. Although he got nerfed a bit, he's still really good, just gotta be a bit careful.

Well fuck. Strange any good then?

Good costumes

Don't listen to he's trolling, Spidey's good. Strange is still good, although you gotta play him with two hotbars. Too much work for me, senpai.

like pissnames in cosmic trial

How is your final week going mugs

Taking a break right now, probably going back to prestiging after that.

>tfw prestige

>boxes of useless garbage dropping everywhere
>no cake
Shit week, why bother to play. I don't have enough autism to go for 42 pissnames

>I don't have enough autism
YOU WILL

Same problem, not even picking up anything that isn't unique, orange, or an armor drive.

I'm not too familiar with the game, but if I get the Civil War starter pack, how likely am I to get Captain America's Marvel NOW costume? I know you get the 2 movie costumes by default, I just want to know if any of the additional items can help in this way.

Costumes very, very, very rarely drop (although people have been getting a couple out of sheer Anniversary luck lately), and you typically have to buy costumes with Gs. There's only one legitimate way to get a costume for free in this, colloquially referred to as "the blender". It's a recipe in the game where you use three costumes to generate a completely random costume (one from the 400+ in the game). When you prestige a hero, taking them from Lv60 back to Lv1, you get a free default costume, up to 6 Prestiges (though the last one isn't recommended), which can be used in the recipe. At 57 heroes, 6 costumes (including the one you start with, not including the 6th prestige), that's a lot of attempts at the costume blender.

All in all, though, don't expect to get a specific costume from the blender, nor expect it to drop. If you want Cap's Marvel NOW, you'll probably have to buy it.

Someone with money do another giveaway. Muggas always need more.

piledriver

forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/285429/disable-omegas-for-dr-trials/p1

Some of these suggestions are pants-on-head retarded.

>bought another 16€ g bundle
>have 25 heroes now

Okay, now I'm done.
For real this time.
My poor wallet, the 50% sale bait was too strong...

Strolling through a hub and I come across this. WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU PISSNAME ANTMAN?

>3 more heroes till full 60 roster

It's almost over

50% sale on heroes aren't rare. Hope that helps, m8. Also, you'll probably have waaay more than enough ES to unlock new heroes when you're done with your 25

Yeah.
I'm going to avoid the random hero box and just wait until I get enough to pick who to unlock. Not that there are many heroes I want left, well there are a few but basically I bought everyone I really wanted. Random box feels too risky at this point.

Reminder that giveaway is happening.
POST MORE WAIFUS.

Malkaveer

GIVE US OUR SHIT XPROWL.

I've pissnamed Star-Lord and Squirrel Girl.

Newfriend here, do we know when the xp boost will end?

200% serverside bonus will end at the end of the month, meaning Friday morning.

I see.
I wonder if I can get Cyclops to max level while it lasts.

Even as your first character, you should have no issue getting to Level 60 with your first character. My suggestion is to do the story a bit, check to see if you're within the level range, and then use Midtown Manhattan Patrol (or Industrial City) and kill the bosses for Odin Bounty Chests to bridge your level if you're behind a bit. Shouldn't take too long.

>hundreds of items obscuring the ground
>crossbones runs into the middle of them and has his temper tantrum

>one shots carush

so he could be a pissant

InvictusDeimos

The burn out is really strong, I don't see myself playing marvel heroes anymore even if I did spend a couple hundred on it.

tfw
and i still have 3k omegas to grind too

darkvapor

DELETE THIS

Gotta learn how to do it like the Asians. 24/7, pissing in bottles, having heart attacks and dying at your desk.

>make everything so easy to get that there is no point in grinding (on a fucking grinding-based game)
>people get burned the fuck out of the game
No idea why the devs took the whole "you have to gear the whole roster, make everything drop like candy" too far.
Seriously, how many people here play more than 5 heroes at end game level? I do but from what I see most people don't.

>it's a miketheholy in social chat episode

>no one else meming it up