/berg/ - Berserk Musou and Discussion General

>Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=73WWpKyuWL4
>Trailers
Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=lN9rms-QOYA
>Systems:
In Japan: PS3, PS4, Vita
In West: PS4, Vita and STEAM. They are also looking into a XBONE release.
The Japanese PS versions are about $65 USD
>Dev interview
play-asia.com/berserk-musou-starting-from-the-golden-age-famitsu-interview-translated/5f/747x1
>About the game
The devs have said that they are trying to stay very close to the manga and the new anime set to come out this summer. The story will begin with the Golden Age and follow through to the Conviction arc, though it is not known exactly where it will end (though my bet is Grunbeld will be the final boss). Though it is a Dynasty Warriors style game by the same Dev's they won't have typical things like capturing points, and there will be a greater focus on boss fights, with Guts' fighting style evolving throughout the game.
>Anime
Coming this summer, it will cover the events AFTER the recent movies here's the JP trailer, yeah the animation isn't my favorite either but whatever its still new Berserk syoutube.com/watch?v=akVdDasIayk&t=0s
>What is Berserk?
It is a dark fantasy manga series started in 1989 by Kentaro Miura. Go here and start reading: mangasee.co/manga/?series=Berserk most of the scans are from Dark Horse and are the best version. I highly recommend picking up the Dark Horse manga volumes if you can afford it/find them. If anyone has a good torrent for the dark horse scans let us know. The only one I know of is no longer being seeded.
-or-
If you are an illiterate or just plain hate reading (besides leaving right now) you could go and watch the '97 anime series which covers everything (mostly) up to about chapter 14. You could also watch the newer movies which end at roughly the same spot.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/YSSdy
mangainn.me/manga/chapter/152818_berserk-chapter-344
youtube.com/watch?v=PKv5nS4F68k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Characters confirmed appearing in the game
Guts (Golden Age/Black Swordsman/Berserker Armor), Griffith, Casca, Nosferatu Zodd, Grunbeld, Scheirke
Most guess that there will be about 6-8 playable characters which is typical of the fan servicey musous.
>Enemies
Not much seen so far, just generic soldiers, sand nig soldiers, and some trolls. Doubtful we'll see a huge amount of generic enemy variation seeing as its musou.
>Screenshots
I think this is all of them: imgur.com/a/YSSdy

The musou style of enemies 10 feet away from you getting hit when you swing at air and juggling up in the air is awful.

Guts' animations aren't taken from the source material and look bad.

The drayonslayer is too small, looks too light.

Guts looks like an old man.

Griffith looks weird as fuck.

Hype deleted. The graphics and other characters look geat though.

>Development
From interviews it sounds like the game has been in development for 2.5-3 years.
>Release date
So far we only have the Jap release date which is Sept. 21, guess is that a western release would be in November at the earliest.
>Manga
Here is the lastest volume 344 that came out a couple of days ago with a rough english translation: mangainn.me/manga/chapter/152818_berserk-chapter-344

Don't play many musou games
any chance this will have decent boss fights?

APOLOGIZE

Doubtful. I don't know this for a fact but I'm pretty sure no Musou game has ever had a good boss battle.

The game will have them though.

>november western release
I really doubt it's gonna be that early. I'd say 2017.

Anyone managed to get the piece of shit known as Samurai Warriors 4-II to run?

>What is a Musou?
Musou's are large beat-em up games that started with Dynasty Warriors in 1997. Since then they have followed more or less the same recipe with some evolutions along the way. One of the latest would be Dragon Quest Heroes, a fan service musou that came out last year. Watch a GT review of it to get an idea of what the genre is about: youtube.com/watch?v=PKv5nS4F68k

literally nothing happens in the black swodsman arc

Besides Guts systematically killing the Apostles that slew his comrades?

It is nice that the very first demon kill we see is essentially him avenging Corkus. Even if he doesn't know it.

Adding those apostles in was just an afterthought. If they weren't there the black swordsman arc would be even more useless

>afterthought
Huh

quality post there friend

I'm just trying to understand how the main objective of the arc would be considered 'afterthought' especially when its the first chapters of the manga.

Because he just kills some apostles, that's it. He learns nothing, even his encounter with Femto turns up nothing.

Yeah the whole manga is mostly about revenge but really he learns nothing so I guess its all an afterthought.

Atleast not in the black swordsman arc

He doesn't learn anything because he already knows at that point?
What are you talking about?

What's your top 3 playables that haven't been confirmed?
For me its
1. Zodd
2. Serpico
3. Mozgus

Azan.
I expect he will be in though.

How come I never see people mention Ganishka?