/tf2g/ Team Fortress 2 General

Last Thread: >Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/RRENUArS
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Trading
Sites: scrap.tf tf2outpost.com backpack.tf bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf scrapbank.me
Betting: saloon.tf

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g
pastebin.com/9S37Kk0W

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Patches#Major_updates
youtube.com/watch?v=9HxGVzgNWxE
tf2r.com/kzh4na3.html
tf2r.com/kuo8ccx.html
tf2r.com/kacycfk.html
tf2r.com/kbawvp9.html
steamcommunity.com/groups/hardcore_hightower
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Model_optimization
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

don't forget

>dat op-pic
lol i bet you kissed a girls what a fag lmao

delete this
let tf2g die

kiss a me

Fifth for B4nny

if croatia wins i WILL raffle

i love being forced to pop~

reported

Don't be dense. There's always at least 3 major updates a year. Summer Update, Halloween Update, and Christmas Update, with several small patches scattered throughout the year. See: wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Patches#Major_updates

not reported

but i was relating to medic gameplay

couldn't you get reported for saying that you reported

lewd

i LOVE killing

This was me during the recent stress test for matchmaking. It was awful. I was the last on my team to join and there was no medic, so I went medic. No one moved as a group, everyone thought they were the roamer, and for some reason we had an engineer on a 5CP map. He kept building minis a point behind where we were. We didn't win a single match because the other team actually worked as a team(and were stacking) and we were just randos. This ought to be illegal.

Will we ever get a great update like Summer 2013 again?

>Will we ever get a update again?
ftfy

I miss 2013 summer. With the shades and flip flops and shit. I haven't actually given a shit about a seasonal sale in a while honestly.

Thats not just because tf2 stuff but just in general

absolutely disgusting

Summer Shades was 2011.

hello yes where is anime

But there's a MAJOR and NEATO update coming soon with PRINNIES!!

>With the shades and flip flops and shit
That's 2011, isn't it?

Since every CoD is built off of a heavily modified idtech3 (just like how goldsrc and source were built off of the quake engine), movement mechanics like circle jumping and Q3 style strafing are still functional. You can actually keep the speed from strafe jumping, but only in AW (thanks to the unlimited jump stamina) and its way more consistant than bhopping in source just by using spacebar.
This one corridorr that took 10 seconds to run through in the AW singleplayer I was able to strafe jump through in about 5.75 seconds.

Yes of course, the h u e g game changing MM update is gonna be out soon!one!! (note: valve time soon!)

youtube.com/watch?v=9HxGVzgNWxE

STEEEEEEEEEEEEVE

STEEEVE

Kunai is good-ish, doesn't deserve to even be in the same multiverse as the classic or the YER

shit, 2011? damn

>tfw passing the time until the "huge update" by catching up on videos
>tfw you've watched all the videos that could plausibly interest you
>tfw so bored that I've actually finished some projects around the house and been working out longer

AAA AAA

>>tfw you've watched all the videos that could plausibly interest you

what videos

id?

That's good user. You should focus on being productive instead of just sitting around whining because there hasn't been an update yet. Try clearing out some of your backlog, or taking up another hobby altogether. TF2 isn't, and shouldn't, be everything there is in the world to you.

The kunai makes spy even more vulnerable to good players, while making him much more annoying to predict with the DR. Overall it's not worth using compared to stock, any splash damage or off shots that clip you are nearly a death sentence.

post stomps

I can't pubstomp :c

>engie on koth

What would be a good place to sell an item for real money like, say, a gold frying pan?

Sell it for keys, sell keys for Paypal.

ill help you
id?
you can trust me because i have a lot of rep on trading websites

this isnt a scam or anything

As someone who's quite good at escaping shit situations with the stock watch, i'd say 210 hp + 20% cloak resistance work miracles.
But the better the enemy becomes the more then can focus fire you down, but 6s classes are not that good at chasing you down once you cloaked.

What TF2 class is most similar to Overwatch's D.Va? (In terms of playstyle, not uselessness)

pyro

you could totally discuss it with your overwatch pals!
here is a link to their thread:

>Not uselessness

>random pub was upset that I didn't follow him 24/7 when he fucked off on his own
>kept complaining at me when he got hit by crits even though he was overhealed
baka lads

don't ever listen to what pubbies say about what you should do unless you can tell they're actually good
tell them to git good before telling you what to do, you know you're above this shit

Any NA pugs going on?

>An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

>>>>>>Internal system changes in preparation for a future update.
>Fixed erroneously being warned that leaving a bootcamp match will result in an abandon penalty.
>Fixed servers running tf_mm_strict 2 mis-handling bootcamp matches.
>Fixed servers running arena mode constantly entering and exiting the pre-round state while empty.
>Fixed servers failing to recover properly from crashing while running a bootcamp match.
S O O N

As expectant as I'd be, son, I fear it's just the Mayann Update. With much luck, the release of competitive, but hell if we're ever gonna get optimization

>play a pub on gullywash
>I usually use my mic to try and explain to new players why they should, or shouldn't, do certain things
>explain calmly that 4 engineers is generally bad, because it hurts our ability to push
>I also look around, seeing some people at our first spawn (we were at our second) like an engineer built inside of river
>I just mention that these things are a bad idea, trying to never raise my voice or sound like I'm complaining
>people genuinely start to get angry with me
>calling me names, and mentioning that I'm mad when they're audibly frustrated
Now, I know it's a pub, and that you're most likely not going to get good teammates, but isn't the point of pubbing to learn the basics? Some people on our server didn't know the basics (like sticking near the med to make a more effective push)
>we lose a round, but then we instantly turn it around and win twice in a row
>someone who was complaining about me calls a scramble, and it passes
>instant vote to kick me
>fails
>another guy votes to kick me
>fails
>same guy tries to kick me a second time
>fails
>"Hey can we just kick the guy who keeps calling these? I know these kinds of people, they won't stop until I'm gone."
>vote passes 6 to 2
>kek all the way to the bank

Competitive isn't going to be coming out for a while. Someone talked to Eric Smith (I think that's his name?) in a comp game, and while he was very vague his message was essentially "It won't be ready for a while."

FINAL STRESS TEST ANNOUNCED

PREPARE FOR INCOMING disappointment

>stress test 11

>END OF THE BETA

last stress test boiz

>Last stress test

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

holy shit is true

post yfw 9v9 without the class limit

>last stress test

did they ever change the fact that people can just leave at the end of the game so nobody gains or loses anything from playing for 20+ minutes in some cases? if this is still a thing after the beta is over I won't even bother

>9 medics

>9v9 without anyone leaving mid game

Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;

I like the fact that there's been several posts on r/TF2 about being nice to new players and whatnot and then this shit happens.
You can't offer any advice to anybody anymore without someone getting upset as hell over it. I've tried giving suggestions to people about how they should switch from four spies to something better and have gotten an earful of "wow stop being so mad dude its a pub dude lol". Even at that, people are still gonna do whatever they like for their own sake, aside from those few times people actually start thinking that they could be making better decisions.
It's also mainly why I have chat and voice off, never use either, and just drop all my expectations when pubbing because most people are borderline dumbasses and unironic memers.

>Some kid who is clearly around 12 or younger bragging about how scout is the best class
>Says people who play scout are the best
>Won't shut up about how great the scout class is
>Someone tells him to shut up
>Kid tells him that clearly he's playing an inferior class that isn't scout
>Guy who told him to shut up is also scout
>Cue 5 minutes of arguing back and forth of whether or not the kid meant that scout was shit
>Someone calls a votekick
>Literally everyone votes yes
Sometimes this game can be alright.

I always try to explain to new players that they should play a class like Soldier or Heavy, because their mechanics are very easy and even someone who isn't that great at aiming can be a big help.

Instead people flock to pyro and just hold M1, or sniper/spy/engineer and stand still.

I first played TF2 when I was like 14 (in 2007) and I still did a pretty alright job as all classes. Hell, my first day I figured out that engineer could rotate his buildings with right click.

yfw 8 demos and 1 engie for a dispenser

>my team
>3 soldiers
>decked out soldier can barely play
>other guy blows himself up trying to get to mid
>spy

>enemy team
>demo's at mid already spamming stickies
>med always with uber
>godlike scouts

why does this keep happening and happening

Because TF2 matchmaking doesn't match randos with other randos. Oh no. You will always be up against a stack if your team is randos. Just play 5CP pubs.

This kid has 5k+ hours and is looking for a UGC iron team. I don't think I've ever seen anything so sad except that one soldier who couldn't do shit without his pocket med even with 12k hours in the game. I guess some people are just not meant to git gud. I'm starting to wonder if I'm one of those people, desu.

The stress test will also continue until the end of the beta, when the Neato update goes live.

In comp? Because there's no ELO system (or at least there wasn't when I played). I'm rank 4 and I kept getting matched with rank 1 people who didn't know how the fuck to group up. Our medic actually switched to fucking spy MID-MATCH, without saying anything. It doesn't help when the other team is Tagg and his friends.

>5k hours
>iron

I've got like 3.8k and my friend says I play at a div 1 level. I don't do much comp, though, never really found a way in.

What if the end of the stress test comes with not only Mayann Update, but with Source 2 ?

>tf2 source 2 before csgo source 2
are you insane?

Source 2 was confirmed for not happening for TF2's near future.

It will probably get a port eventually (since it's still earning Valve bank, which is also the primary reason why we got things like Gunmettle) but not in the near future.

i like my tf2gfu

I know. I just wanna dream for a bit, damnit.
It's also true that you couldn't launch your game into competitive with pro players having to use cfgs because of your graphics engine cracking because of all the shit they add, though

tf2r.com/kzh4na3.html

The major problems with the engine are the particle system being unoptimized, and things like the glow outlines (that's a major FPS killer for me, drops me by like 30).

I've also never seen TF2 use more than 30% of my CPU at any time, even when the FPS is suffering. I have a feeling it's just a problem with the way TF2 uses your hardware (my video card is also never being utilized, like maybe 40% utilization in the most intense combat).

I wouldn't exactly say it's an "easy fix," but I feel it wouldn't take much. I know I used an FPS config, but only used a section of it that affected how TF2 handled CPU, and my FPS went up to above 60 when before it was at like 40:

mat_queue_mode 2
cl_threaded_bone_setup 0
cl_threaded_client_leaf_system 0
r_queued_decals 0
r_queued_ropes 1
r_queued_post_processing 0
r_threaded_client_shadow_manager 1
r_threaded_particles 1
r_threaded_renderables 1

fug
here's a trash raffle instead
tf2r.com/kuo8ccx.html

I read somewhere that it's because TF2 has a poor distribution of tasks between cores of the processor.
Basically, the sound is the only thing it distributes right. Everything else goes full spaghetti.

Well, keep in mind when TF2 was made, 4:3 monitors and 2-core CPUs were the most common setup. While the engine has been updated over time, it hasn't been given enough attention by Valve's engineers (who I'm sure are working on it, I know Jill has been talking to some competitive players about FPS "problem areas")

>mfw having a blast backstabbing with spy

wew

poist

tf2r.com/kacycfk.html

Thanks for that info, user.
Maybe in 2 years we'll see some optimization. Until then, back to hoping to get a job to upgrade the PC (I'm on a 4:3 monitor, 2 core CPU, and 2GB RAM toaster, currently)

nice

Is this what we're doing now? tf2r.com/kbawvp9.html

>6v6
>either a complete roll for the enemy team or your team

i thought people played competitive for fun

Doing random key giveaways on my server, join this Steam group for more info and read the current announcement for key giveaway details

steamcommunity.com/groups/hardcore_hightower

I think it's one of the most toxic things about TF2 these days. Unless you have a completely callous attitude about playing, you're outed and ridiculed. It's sad. Not even 5 years ago, people tried in pubs, they just didn't give a shit if they lost because at least they TRIED. Now it's if you're losing, and someone is trying to change that, he gets called "salty" and is made fun of.

They're probably going to drop incremental upgrades to the engine, but the only way they can make serious improvements to framerate are to really get their hands dirty and possibly re-write major sections of code on how the game handles certain things. I'm no engineer, but I'm pretty sure you can't make minor changes to an engine and get a 30% increase to performance.

TF2 also has a serious problem with LODs and how they're used. See this wiki page: wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Model_optimization

My friend made that hat.

New rocket launcher idea:
+40,000% damage
+800% clip size
+1500 health
-no random crits

go away

-no random crits

kek

I should get myself one of those cool new camo pants.

I thought keys were locked for a week after purchase

a chance to post my new loadout

WHO IS THIS CHARACTER
HAHAHA HOW FUNNY WHAT A WACKY CHARACTER DESIGN HAHAH

what the fuck am i looking at

true. theres like two people on server tho

A man who has won too many "draw my loadout" raffles.

Scout, except replace evasion with bulk.

swap out those gaiter guards and you got a nice loadout right here

actually all of these draws were because i have very nice and talented friends that wanted to draw my medic