/nsunsg/ Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm General

Last Thread Ever edition
aka
Looks Like We're Gone For Good edition

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/NSUNSG/

>Discord group
discord.gg/0tYAz6VE2zJENjBI

>New to Storm and/or coming from "traditional" fighting games?
forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/7766808/#Comment_7766808

>How to force a jump blocker to do something offensive
youtube.com/watch?v=pMPEHZjOTWo

>Naruto Abridged Series (best re-write):
overloke.imgur.com/

>Screenshot album
imgur.com/a/tiAWA/all

>/nsunsg/-approved fanfiction
docs.google.com/document/d/1IdKzPOFC6J_qhL-1BzyNEvVqhp73cD5oUGFVnqgbbEA/edit#

>Hall of Anal Devestation
imgur.com/a/XKwJ4/all

>TLAnon's Patreon
patreon.com/TLAnon

>R20 GM's summaries of the game so far
dropbox.com/s/uds093rtywlm38k/Game Summaries.pdf?dl=0

old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YFood_bTOX4
youtube.com/watch?v=zDKO6XYXioc
youtube.com/watch?v=TojOVJel8wo
youtube.com/watch?v=TR3Vdo5etCQ
fanfiction.net/s/11384115/
youtube.com/watch?v=LKaXY4IdZ40
youtube.com/watch?v=-UyM6jJzuVw
strawpoll.me/10591595
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If this one gets archived, looks like we'll be done, lads.

If you're a lurker and you've ever liked this general at any point, shitpost now or forever hold your peace.

Our only options are to let it die or maybe try to extend our life somehow until either the Boruto Manga starts covering something new or this Blaze it 420 game or whatever comes out.

Or I can just sit here and shitpost about things I see in Japan. Saw a naruto cosplay in a shop today but didn't catch a picture. But have this wall of schoolgirl costumes instead.

Personally, I'd prefer it didn't die I really like this place. But I think it's simply that too many people have left and forgotten about us and won't come back. Nobody cares anymore. It'll be back to sporadic threads on /a/ that gets shut down within a few posts.

I found this place through /a/ back in January. Do you think we should actually try and recruit? I mean at this point even raids would be better than nothing.

You can if you want. It can't hurt at this point.

Incoming: playlist for the death of /nsunsg/

youtube.com/watch?v=YFood_bTOX4

feel free to listen and contribute as we die.

It's bizarre how there are less than a dozen people in a thread about one of the most well known anime franchises, on one of the most famous websites in the world.

People just stop caring. We've talked about almost every single facet of the series - both interesting and uninteresting. All that's left is autism, and if that's what sustains the thread, I don't know if the thread should be sustained.

Memes are powerful things here, and hating naruto is a very old meme which has held on.

It is the middle of the night for burgers

>All that's left is autism
I've been here for the autism since the beginning, though. I want to indulge my autism and be infinitely entertained by the autism of others.

I loved it all. the waifu wars, the fanfiction chimpouts, the muslimposting, the roleplaying game, the sasukeposter, the rinposter, the turkroach... all of things things will be remembered fondly. And I want to continue making new memories.

I say bring on the autism. I don't want the ride to end when there is new surely horrible content on the horizon.

I guess we'll see what happens to this thread when they wake up in a few hours.

There's still the rest of the world, though.

It's gotten steadily worse, though. I said I'll hang around until the end, and I will, which is why I made this thread after the last one archived at like 199 posts. But if this one archives early, I'm not making another. It'll be up to someone else. If it archives early twice in a row, it's a sign that it's not wanted enough.

That's the thing. I'm not entirely convinced it's not wanted. I think a lot of people on /a/ would like a place to talk about naruto if they knew about it, we're just pretty isolated here. And people have drifted out without new people drifting in like would happen on /a/.

But I guess all good things must come to an end, huh? Will the general start back up again the next time a naruto game is released? or when something happens in the manga? what would we have said about it? would more people have come and saved it if we'd kept it alive?

These are some of the questions I'm now thinking about.

> I think a lot of people on /a/ would like a place to talk about naruto if they knew about it
Then by all means, go to /a/ and link to this thread. I just imagine a lot of shitposters who don't even enjoy the show will bring their vitriol with them.

The thread would've been more active if the manga was twice-monthly, rather than just monthly. It might start when a new game is released - I'll probably make one - but I dunno if anyone else will remember to check Veeky Forums.

As it is, I plan to keep this thread alive as long as I can. Luckily, when I sleep is when burgers are usually awake, so hopefully I don't wake up to another dead thread. If I do, that's pretty much it, I reckon.

youtube.com/watch?v=zDKO6XYXioc

>We've talked about almost every single facet of the series

nardo has over 288,000 fanfics with dozens of new ones surging out everyday, but the only thing we ever really discuss is Team 8.

I don't suppose anyone knows of any good Boruto era ones. There are a lot of them, with no mechanism to search through all the shit, and some good content from that era is desirable, given how Assistant-kun's stuff is shaping up. Just went to /jp/ to see if I could discuss VNs and that board seems to be entirely dedicated to Touhou, which is mostly fan content; it's difficult to really emphasize how much more active the fan community is there than it is for Naruto's here, despite the fact that most of my friends in the real world wouldn't even know what it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=TojOVJel8wo

Why IS he the eggplant?

youtube.com/watch?v=TR3Vdo5etCQ

Don't know, actually. haven't seen that SD episode. Is there somewhere to stream them all?

Will there be bort SD show? And what will SP make regular bort anime look like? Will it even get one? Will it get canned right away?

I've only read one "serious" Boruto era fanfiction. I put it on the list but I actually haven't finished reading it.

fanfiction.net/s/11384115/

I think the next gen kids work well for setting up scenarios like this in fanfiction, plus it's a good way to introduce the audience into a "what if" story if you follow characters who only know the regular universe just like the reader.

Two days of death,three days of speed posting and then I get to wake up and see dead.

I don't want comfiest general to die :(

me neither, user. Let's make this playlist a more positive one.

youtube.com/watch?v=LKaXY4IdZ40

>Team 8

Ah, there is nothing like waking up to a dead general.
I enjoyed posting with ya fuckers.
GM user, you better keep on updating us on that game in some way or I shall be butthurt indeed.

I think he plans on updating us for as long as we're still alive. You're staying till the end of this general with us tho, right?

I plan on updating as long as the general lives, yeah. If this place dies, I'll probably go back to trawling /a/ daily and leaping on any Naruto thread that exists.

I'd prefer this one, though. I'd never leave you guys in the lurch.

Good, I kind of dropped /a/ sometime. I just haven't really picked up a new manga or anime in ages, so never had a reason to go there.

Oh, I am staying even though the general is a major distraction from my work, vidya time or what time I spend on my fic.

I always wondered why you didn't set something like a Discord channel up for people interested in the game.

You're a good man, stronger kishimoto. You are truly the captain going down with this ship. The rest of us old timers are are poor bastards still playing their instruments.

youtube.com/watch?v=-UyM6jJzuVw

Not him, but the way the discord thing has been pushed for /nusnsg/ hard enough to make it seem a bit dodgy in general.

That's sort of why I didn't want to mention it,but I found it to be the easiest way to keep up with things nowadays so I figured i'd ask anyways.

Speaking of, I'm going to go start reading your fic right now, user. I'll come back here and tell you my thoughts on it. I would post a review on your actual fic but I don't want you to know who I am and see all the terrible weeaboo shit I wrote in middle school. Even if this general is dying.

Well as an alternative to both the game and /nsunsg/ surviving I suppose I could mention a move to 4+Veeky Forums's Veeky Forums or /a/?

It worked well enough for the Star Trek Online General that has proven a bit too inactive to really survive here.

But then it did shed people in the move as it always happens, so if we make a move, it should be planned out beforehand. Also, I don't know how tolerant the mods over there would be of a general only vaguely about a video game series - even in comparison to a general that is 50-50 split between discussing Star Trek and Star Trek Online.

Appreciate it, user. Not gonna lie, I do enjoy the nice things people say about it in the reviews, but it's better to know what people here would say/think about it, positively or negatively.
I know I shouldn't care about this sort of thing, but is 36k views in two months considered a good thing? It would be nice to know whether it's doing well.

Also, Hiroshimoot doesn't seem to like it if I mention that place's name. Funny stuff.

Naruto threads on /a/ usually get nuked by Coolest Mod rather quickly anyway.

We play via text, not via voice. People have suggest streaming, but there wouldn't be much to see other than people typing and small tokens occasionally being moved. I believe the short summaries at the end of the sessions are the best way to sum up what happened.

I am moving to a new house with better internet soon. I might record the screen as I play and upload it somewhere after, if people REALLY want to read, verbatim, what is said.

I try my best. I was voted First Hokage for a reason. I fucking love this place, and I live everyone in it - from Rinfag, to 'Stop this Pinkshit meme' guy, to the guy who calls talking about Hinata 'chimping out', to the guy (now apparently reformed) who argued that Team 8 was bad. You're all part of this community, and while I might not have agreed with you all, this is one of the best communities I've ever been a part of, and I'll protect that for as long as I can.

If people come together for a move I'll come along.I wouldn't mind moving if comfy can live on.

I gotcha,I only suggested Discord since voice is optional.

Yeah, you're not to first time someone suggested streaming the game or something. As I said, nothing much to see, though.

If I run another game where we use voice, I might record it or run a Discord, but not for this one, unfortunately.

Here, I'll start a strawpoll to see where people stay on the issue.
Should the general survive for a while still, we can add it to the OP.
strawpoll.me/10591595
I wanted to add a 'let it die' option, but I know how you fuckers are about that.

Also: obviously this is taken as last resort, not something to do right away in any case.

Well I voted fight on Veeky Forums, because moving is too much effort.

>there will ever be any new games that aren't boruto shit
if there are any

That's what happens user. I for one supported the NUNS series, and might be buying any future ports of the Naruto-themed games, but honestly, Background-kun's garbage art and the horrible writing of Blood Prison Guy basically ensured I stay with the 'take my winnings and get the fuck out' policy I adopted after 700 and The Last.

The fact that we don't get, say a Naruto-themed RPG with a character creator starting as genin under a Jonin Naruto like Three or so years after the Last will be a sore spot, honestly.
The new era designs are some of my favourite and it's annoying they will never again get used.

It doesn't seem very active but this gave me a good chuckle.

All those guys you just listed are the rats drowning on the sinking ship in my analogy. :^)

Fair enough.

was meant for

Thanks for setting it up.

I find your choice of adding Veeky Forums to the list odd.I mean it's safe to say those of us here will stay until the end.

>no doujins about a giant celebratory post-War orgy
For shame.

>Naruto-themed RPG with a character creator
1000x this. I actually liked it in some of the older games when they tried to make their own new story, even if it was about as good as filler arks.

>Naruto-themed RPG with a character creator starting as genin under a Jonin Naruto like Three or so years after the Last

It's basically the option to prefer keeping being on here, even if it kills us.

I will never forget this general.

You leaving us, senpai?

>Will there be bort SD show?
There has been some SD manga stuff, maybe they'll go for it after Springtime of Darkness ends.

>yfw SD will look better than the actual boruto anime.

Good lord know I remember why she was my first waifu.

It's not hard, everyone looks adorable in the SD artstyle and don't have to deal with assistant-kun giving down's syndrome to everyone or SP's quality.

Is it kid Hinata time?

Is it ever not?

It should be kid Hinata time all the time

I guess not, no.

Then I will continue.

Is cosplay okay?

I still think Knives Chau from Scott Pilgrim Versus the World would make a good PTS Hinata in an American-made movie.

Which character contained to most darkness within them?

Would Sauce be too obvious an answer?
Han's supposed to sport one hell of a hate-boner for humanity, Gaara when he was insane was completely bonkers with evil.
Early on, Kurama was a genuinely malign demon.

That all said, the answer is still Sauce.

Hashirama since one of his attacks is literally called Bringer-of-Darkness

All Hinatas are okay.

>Nardo didn't notice that this wanted his 12 year old dick
this tipped me off to his gayness even more than his obsession with the sauce.

The cuteness of the art is a weird juxtaposition to the brutalness that is conveys.

I like it.

>Han's supposed to sport one hell of a hate-boner for humanity
I don't think that was stated.

He was a very very late bloomer, probably didn't get his first boner until after the manga ended

I keep seeing it all over the place, though you are correct, the manga never does say it to my recollection.
Still, at the very least general bitterness is to be expected.

The same was also said about Fuu and was shown the opposite.

It's anime filler, but it's the kind where it's taken as canon because it doesn't directly contradict or counteract anything in the ACTUAL canon.

Han's 'taken as canon' personality is a simmering black rage for all of humanity due to how he was constantly treated as a Jinchuuriki, to the point where even Sasuke would look at him and go 'Wow, alright, chill out'.

Would Nardo's TnJ save him?

He popped boners to pts Sakura, Haku and the girl that Itachi genjutsu'd to seduce Jiraiya

Dunno. He seemed pretty chill when Naruto met him in the manga, although maybe death mellowed him out.

I'm pretty sure DEATH mellows a lot of people out.

Except for Madara, maybe.

>page 9

We're gonna die before I wake up, I know it

What a shame, the people here are much level-minded than the people at /a/. You could even talk about the new Boruto chapters without going to a full-on ass-blasting mode. No such luck on the the other side.

Not that user, but I am kind of trying to keep the thread alive mainly because I am curious what has to say about the stuff I wrote, plus the usual will to preserve the thread. Perhaps I should stop fucking around in Universe Sandbox 2 and actually dump something, or bring up something controversial so there's an actual discussion to be had.

The thought used to keep me up at night, then I stopped caring weeks ago and we still haven't died yet

I think we're getting there. Last thread got archived at 199

What said. it's getting worse. but yeah, we have to die sometime I guess. nothing this good can last forever.

Yeah I'm pretty proud of us as well. We still chimp out over team 8 though. Or at least that we did but that one guy said he was going to stop and I guess maybe he was the one starting it and then a bunch of other people got into it. Honestly, it was just really amusing more than anything. And the chimpouts were kind of keeping the general alive and moving so I can't honestly say they were that negative outside of maybe driving some people with a lower threshold for autism away.

Damn, last thread archived 2 posts after I fell sleep.

yes do please do.

I was afraid something like that would happen. Waifu wars and autistic ramblings keep all generals afloat, really.
Here, maybe this will help.

Regarding team 8 and all the rest it's a real shame that we opted for just shit-flinging, rather than going the 'I think X does Y better' route, there's certainly plenty of material out there to go over.

I for one am not too elitist about what I read, but neither am I too accepting of a bad style. Something called the War of the Bijuu was brought up a couple of threads ago, but I ended up dropping it five chapters in. It all felt too artificial and forced, a direct manifestation of what the author thought would be neat. Weirdly I do agree a lot of his ideas and 'should-have-beens' are pretty nice, but just couldn't quite stomach the fic itself.
Maybe that's why unlike that other user who OD'd, I only ever properly read just a few.

I'm the guy who promised to advertise on r/naruto a couple weeks back. Sorry I haven't, I've been really busy and only came on at weekends. I'll start right now. Anyone know any Naruto forums websites? Preferably ones without complicated account setups.

I've thought of infinitychan for the last 3 months or so but we need to leave it at least two weeks before we do something like that. A good portion of the people who come here come infrequently (myself included).

Also you're not going to be able to include it in OP, mods will delete thread

Honestly I'd rather the general die than become reddit. It's a whole different place, and you might as well try to get people from fucking tumblr.

OP is over-reacting, none of us are actually giving up. That said we do have a massive problem with our low poster count.

Two weeks would also be a good test period to see if we can boost our numbers by then. If people put as much effort into advertising as they do to keeping thread alive we'd get more people easy.

no no, it's not. Again I'm from /tv/ and half of my posts are calling people out on being 'reddit', but I've been on r/naruto and all they do is discuss Naruto lore largely. I haven't seen any of the typical redit quipish attitude or the puns, they just seem like people who like the shoot the shit over whatever the latest lore discussion is.

We might not be giving up, but we're all getting to the stage where we're not bumping the thread because we'll assume someone else will do it, and then nobody does.

I wouldn't mind some redditors because they'd get absolutely destroyed by us whenever they say something pants on head retarded, since it's pretty much at the point where we can all recognise the usual suspects here.

>you will never have your own tiny kid Hinata

yeah we have a big problem, hopefully people will now take recruiting seriously