Is the Gadsden flag a racist symbol? Does it signify or convey racist beliefs?

Is the Gadsden flag a racist symbol? Does it signify or convey racist beliefs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FPl2sTo_8-o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here are some rare Gadsdens

>Is the Gadsden flag a racist symbol?
No

not until recently

Limited Edition only released in the UK misprint Gadsden coming through

It's racist in the same way the Nazi swastika is fascist. Context.

is rascist**

youtu.be/FPl2sTo_8-o

/thread

It is used by racist teabaggers so yes and displaying such hateful symbols ought to be a hate crime.

No.

This board is so far left that I can't tell if this is sarcasm or sincerity

Post rare Gadsden

What a bullshit cop out answer. Of course most anything can or cannot be offensive or disparaging given the context. The N-Word is offensive in most social contexts but its perfectly fine to use in academic contexts.

In general, as a symbol in the 21st century, is the Gadsden flag generally considered racist or not? Yes or no.

No, I see liberal college floozies with this tattoo everywhere now. I can't tell if they are being ironic or not.

I wonder what the reaction the Founding Father's would have if they could see these...

No

no

No but it sure is a huge meme flag

they'd be too busy having either laughing or crying fits over our completely nightmarish interpretation of the 2nd Amendment to really care about that

More like appalled by how little our 2nd Amendment protects

>You mean that the Government controls enough explosives and vehicles to burn the entire world to cinders
>But having 30 shots without reloading is too dangerous for a civilian?

>In general, as a symbol in the 21st century, is the Gadsden flag generally considered racist or not? Yes or no.
No. Unlike say, the Stars and Bars, where it's hard to really distance it from racism, the Gadsen Flag doesn't have a history of being associated with an explicitly racist movement. If anything, it's no more racist than say the original 13-star American flag.

Plus, even in a modern context, it's not really a racist symbol so much as a symbol of anti-government movements. And while many of the people who espouse those beliefs may be racist themselves, the movement itself doesn't take on any openly racist beliefs.

>nightmarish interpretation of the 2nd Amendment
How is
>Shall
>Not
>Be
>Infringed
a nightmarish interpretation?

The snake is supposed to represent the American colonies, not stormfags' fragile feelings

SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED REEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is what /pol/ actually believes

George Washington would be proud

I fucking love you

I love you too.

I didnt know believing in the holocaust made me a libtard sjw cuck

Dude literally what the fuck are you talking about?

Agree with this. Some Tea Party people use it, and some of them are racist, but that doesn't mean the Gadsden flag is racist.

I read some blogger on Salon or some site like that argue that it was inherently racist because the Gadsdens were huge slave owners, so using the flag would be honoring him, and therefore honoring slavery. Terrible argument.

Yeah. I like to use the distinction of it vs the Confederate flag.

Sure, people who flew both of those flags may be racist, but the difference comes in the institutions they represented. Sure, there's a great degree of hipocrisy behind the Gadsen flag with the whole concept of freedom and equality despite slavery being a thing, but it's far different from something like the Confederate flag, where it represented a struggle to preserve the institution of slavery.

That Salon argument is retarded, as is just about every effort to demonize the Founding Fathers because they owned slaves. Of course there's hipocrisy to the situation, but so often it seems like they want to throw away everything the Founding Fathers did (or at least whatever parts of it don't fit conveniently into their worldview) by pointing that out.

It's the same thing people did to attack the Civil Rights Movement - point out that MLK cheated on his wife, as if a morally flawed person somehow invalidates all the good he did.

Damn user, I just came to this thread to see if there was a Spurdo version, you made my day.

Quality thread

Oh holy shit, this is glorious
I miss this meme so much
Is there any board where Highdad is still regularly posted?

Hey, that's my OC
Thanks for posting
Highdad revival when?

great memes

Follow your leader Nazi shitlord.