/twg/ - Total War General

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

>Old Relics

>still no DLC
Jesus fuck, CA.

>somehow lose against random nordic faction as langobards

I have no clue how to play this fucking game. My general keeps dying to random arrows and then all hell breaks loose.

Can anyone tell me what the hotkey is to save a custom formation that you set during deployment?

I feel like there is one but I'm too braindead to remember.

>No DLC
I wasn't expecting a DLC a month after the game came out

>No NEWS OR ANNOUNCEMENTS on upcoming DLC since launch
Come on guys

Do you mean ctrl g? that only works for that battle though

I'm sure it will there on monday cue whining from people who get triggered by any kind of DLC even if it's needed

who spooky here?

BUT MONDAY IS SO FAR AWAY I COULD BE DEAD BY THEN FUCK

>flee from romans 8 turns straight
>finally safe
>the huns are back in town
>we will desecrate your women, violate your ancestors

what a mess we made when it all went wrong

>Dwarves get ambushed by elves
>send an ambassador to ask what the fuck is up
>the elvish king shaves his beard and tells him to fuck off
>rather than just telling him that there are rebel elves now and they did it

Really?

elves have always been assholes
watch yourself, around elves.

What is the hallmark of a master understander of strategy, twg/?

G O B L I N S

If Bretonnia was conquered by the Empire, what would happen to it?

>elves illogical cunts
>Dwarves are illogical pricks
Its amazing these two stupid races havent gone extinct, they are both too stupid to live.

It would be extremely painful.

The lives of its citizens would improve dramatically?

You think that's fucking stupid? It happened in real life. And triggered the Mongol Invasion.

>Genghis Khan then sent a second group of three ambassadors (one Muslim and two Mongols) to meet the Khwarezmian shah himself and demand the caravan at Otrar be set free and the governor be handed over for punishment. The shah had both of the Mongols shaved and had the Muslim beheaded before sending them back to Genghis Khan. Muhammad also ordered the personnel of the caravan to be executed. This was seen as a grave affront to the Khan himself, who considered ambassadors "as sacred and inviolable."[7] This led Genghis Khan to attack the Khwarezmian Dynasty. The Mongols crossed the Tien Shan mountains, coming into the Shah's empire in 1219.[8]

What is generally a typically "decent" setup for an army? As I understand it, spearmen aren't that good in Attila.

I'm primarily talking early/mid-game since I never tend to go too far before restarting.

Judging by previous examples, it would get turned into an Imperial Province. Perhaps two, as it's much larger than any individual province. As such, Leon or his successor and one other would become Elector Counts.

The worship of the Lady would probably still be permitted, but worship of Sigmar and Ulric would be promoted. The power of the nobility would be curbed, and the influence of the middle merchant class promoted. Peasants taxes drop from the ridiculous 90%, to more reasonable levels (still high, but even the most despotic nobles in the Empire rarely take more than 60%).

>change trees so wood elves can't skulk about
>abolition of culture resulting in increased womens rights in bretonnia
>peasant life would improve, and luxuries enjoyed by empire civilians would become more available to bretonnians
>more complicated infrastructure, likely decreasing effectiveness in defense against beastmen
>wood elves would probably get pissed, since they can't manipulate the frogs anymore
>more elector counts
there would be good aspects and bad aspects. it's difficult to say if people would benefit more overall either way.

Yeah, but at least then thye actually did it.

In this case, the Phoenix King just refused to mention that there were evil elves who probably did it.

For Romans? Spears are great.

My setup for roman factions is usually something like this:

>1 General
>5 spears
>5 swords w/ defensive testudo
>4 cav
>4 missile units
>1 Onager

Why is this thread so dead? You'd think it would be more active during a steam sale

I suppose Warhammer really did kill Total War after all.

I can only afford one right now. hard times
Celts, Vikings, or Langobards?

if you want to be a boring faggot you could always have about 6-8 spearmen for you wall, 2-4 swordsmen for flanking, 1-2 units of axemen for anti-armor, and loads of cav for hammer and to chase routers.

Don't bother using archers/slingers, the micro is annoyingly painful since there's no guard mode, your guys will literally just walk into combat if you forget about them for more than 5 seconds, and they'll give a morale malus to your other troops when they rout

>it's difficult to say if people would benefit more

The peasantry of Bretonnia would absolutely have an improved lifestyle. Massively so, in fact.

They pay a 90% tax rate to lords who are allowed to abuse them any way they like. In the Empire, they'd pay a 40% tax rate to lords who are expected to hold a certain degree of decorum to the lower classes (not a lot, but not killing them for looking at their horses wrong either).

That, combined with the massive economic opportunities would see most of them having a massively improved quality of life.

celts imho familia tb(completely)h

Idk, maybe because people have lives and aren't on here, or their playing the game? That would be the most obvious reasons.

But no, TWWH has done wonderfully, so much so, that CA claimed they were going to add much more content than they initially planned.

Give it time user, soon there will be several more factions and units added to the game and the game will grow better because of it

Do the conquered nations actually get Elector Counts?

manlet uprising

Yes. When Marienburg was originally conquered, it was the Kingdom of the Jutones.

The defeated King was made Elector Count.

The Empire has a pretty good system for it's defeated rivals, in that the enemy nobility now have a chance to run for rulership of the nation that defeated them.

Dwarves are such cancer to deal with as the Empire in the campaign early on. It's why I always non-aggressive pact and ally with them.

Until you get Halberdiers, you've got nothing that can pierce armor reliably in melee. And Halberdiers aren't that great in melee anyway.

Lategame though, it's quite fun marching two stacks of steamtanks into their nation and fucking everything up.

It wouldn't really upset the Empire, classically speaking, if they did. There used to be a dozen Elector Counts in the Empire but now there's only ten. The remaining two were Counts of lands that were absorbed into other provinces.

Thanks senpai, gonna wait for more input but I was leaning towards Celts already.

There's literally no reason to pick a fight with the dwarven clans early on.

That said, they aren't THAT bad early on. It's relatively easy to just lock them in combat with your frontline, then charge them from the rear again and again with the Reiksguard until they break.

make britain great again.

the picts are a ton of fun for me, haven't even gotten around to the other two all that much

I hope they're gonna buff demi-gryphs.
I can't do anyting with them.

Give me reasons why I shouldn't play TW:Warhammer with Radious installed.

It's not histloreically accurate

>Demigryph Knight Greatswords (Steam Tanks)

Because the mod only does 2 things.

1.) It makes every faction good at almost everything

2.) Makes armies trivial in cost so losing them is inconsequential.

>Undead Witch Hunter Demitank Knight Armstrong Gun Halberdier Light Infantry Stormtrooper Beserkers (Shock Artillery)

Because I don't like Radious.

As brilliantly put by Cattalus, "Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo"; to describe the artistic qualia of Radious mod would be to describe music to the deaf, color to the blind or beauty to the philistine. The painting speaks for itself, and it is up to the player to fully absorb its depth. Its sublimity will ever be debated yet always remain objectively irrefutable; the fundamental insight it provides into human and perhaps animalistic nature may shape the basis of Total War modding for centuries to come.

There have been numerous undisputable masterpieces in total war modding, such as the strikingly realistic classic Europa Barbarorum or its medieval counterpart Stainless Steel. Radious mod will not join their ranks; its surface is too generic, its presentation too provocative and its messages too obscure. Its take on the abysmal is an illumination in one person’s despair, but a paroxysm of another’s perversion. It will remain underground – treasured by the most avant-garde among intellectuals for its edifying if horrifying insight into the fundaments of human morality. Philistines and self-proclaimed critics alike will shun Radious mod, but you can’t fault them for that. It takes wisdom to appreciate its subtleties, and courage to side with the unpopular opinion. Sed domi maneas paresque nobis novem continuas fututiones.

Superficially, Radious mod appears to be a mod which caters to the most proletarian among men; aloof critics dismiss it as such often without a second thought. As complacent as these self-proclaimed "understanders of strategy" are, they fail to realize that Radious mod is a cult classic, a chef d'oeuvrea buried under false preconceptions and unfounded criticism. This gem is hidden because it does not shine; it is buried because its tone is that of abyssal black. Radious mod pries into to the darkest corners of our subconscious, the most visceral of our cognition, the most carnal of our urges, and the most primal of our instincts.

it bad

How do I recruit Katana Samurai in MoS? Are they still recruitable from the samurai halls or have they replaced it something else?

Hell, is there a building roster that tells us what each building chain has at the upper tiers instead of just saying which building upgrades into which? No encyclopedia is killing me.

What the heck you said the update will be today

do you live in australia?

Yes

hehe ye got tricked mate, what're ya an idiot?

haha just taking the piss mate

pouring one out for my boy Arshaka. the absolute madman

pouring one out for my eyes

you should pour it in. try bleach

Good to see the last Attila patch made it compatible with the Gamecube.

>50 percent losses is pyrrhic
seems weird.

SUMMON

GAMECUBE

GRAPHICS

>dominions 4 in real time

What a time to be alive

What was this pasta about again?

jesus christ how horrifying
I wouldn't be able to stand playing like that

OF

HIGH

Holy shit these two are fucking strong.

FRAMERATES

>Troops wont go down their own siege towers in a retreat
>Cant concede defeat with out taking losses on troops that didnt even fight
Pero porque?

WHENS THE FUCKING DLC COMING OUT! I WANT MY FUKKIN BEASTMEN!

It's like a myopia simulator

>Irondrakes shoot over troops
I wish I knew this sooner.

only if those troops are far enough away i think. the arc is pretty low

they're really good at hitting allies infront of them anyways, so make sure they're somebody armoured like ironbreakers.

>playing as longobards
>friends with everyone around me
>essentially playing a trade and diplomatic scenario simulator
why does this happen to me every campaign, I cant bring myself to declare war on anyone.

>npc dwarves bully the orcs out by turn 30
what do I do for the next 70 turns?

Moskau, fremd und geheimnisvoll
Türme aus rotem Gold
kalt wie das Eis

\

Take out the Victor Charlies and then build up several doomstacks to cockslap Archaon with.

I don't speak Satan's Tongue. Anyone care to translate?

Make friends, set up alliances, remove vampires so humans want your bearded dwarf dick, and prepare for Chaos.

> bearded Dwarf dick
Do Dwarves make their pubes look like little beards?

any good dwarf proudly maintains 2 beards. There was talk of three beards, but it got a little messy and the idea was quickly dropped.

>finally finish knocking out top knotz
>humans bullied the VC off the map too
what the fuck
this campaign is going to be a lot of passed turns

At least you have the good luck

>play Chaos
>gotta kill dorfs

Dorfs push in orc shit completely
Get down past Blackfire pass to observe that my campaign now has an extra 75 turns added to go mountain purging without the underway usage

>Play Empire
The exact opposite thing happens and now I have very few allies and a shit ton of orcs added to my problem list (less talking, more raiding)

>Play Orcs
Chaos burns down fucking everything in a glorious display after I turtled a little longer than i expected clinching the badlands

Win campaign in record time since Empire and Brets were both torched and I got dorfs myself.

I have had plenty on normal campaigns but sometimes freaky shit happens

Just bought Attila. What faction should I play and how should I play it. (Migrate? Purge certain religion/faction? etc.)

Legendary WRE

You're the worst.

Ostrogoths invade Jerusalem

Which of the Attila DLC's are worth it? I got Charlemagne, but what about The Roman one? And are the culture packs interesting at all?

I haven't played them yet, but people tend to say the sands one is good.

Oh here we fucking go.

What do I do /twg/? Post on the hill where we have good doom diver coverage and time to see what Archaon does? Or push right up to the reinforcing chaos lord and sacrifice azhag's army to stall them? Grimgor's army is going to reinforce right into Archaon and fuck his shit right up, but there's no way Azhag can survive a 20 stack on his own.

what's the comfiest total war?

Warrior

Whoa what are those 2 120-troops you have?

Rushing his reinforcements is probably your best bet, but that's not a very intimidating force under Azhags command. Try to keep those black ors and trolls in the same general area to support each others.

Azhag leaves his doom divers on the hill and charges Prince Sigvald's army, diving personally into five units with his wyvern to make up for his own army's shortcomings. Meanwhile Grimgor assesses the situation upon arrival and quickly decides to stand Archaon off with his Immortulz while he and his goblins ride to relieve Azhag.

Orc Boyz (spears) from Men of the Empire mod.

How much of a complete Dwarven Empire do I have to raise to get them to start running out money from maintaining 10-ish stacks?

>underground tunnel fights
>Its just a straight tunnel with no flanking possibility whatsoever

I kinda wanted like a real tunnel fight with multiple paths to take. The sorts of maps in TWW feels really lacking. The only ones I really like are I think Hel Fenn or whatever the swamp one is.

Maybe when they add Skaven we will get proper underground fights.

>3 arachnaroks
>5 doom divers

If you can keep those niggas alive then you should be able to take on anything old Archie can throw at you.

It's the Dwarven Underway, which was basically built as an underground motorway.

We might get some tunnel shit when we get Skaven, but I doubt it.