/ksg/ - Katawa Shoujo General

Katawa Shoujo General #3069

Obscure Girl on the Left Edition

Previous Thread: Official website: katawa-shoujo.com/ (KS is free)
About Katawa Shoujo: katawa-shoujo.com/about.php
Summer's Clover (Unofficial Miki route by Lilly's writer): ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9996
KS Alpha (Pre-release version: pastebin.com/weL41ehu (embed)
#KSGGames (Risk/Chess IRC Chat): pastebin.com/eaqK2kPq (embed)
Pastebin: pastebin.com/syJHnDCB (embed)
Writebin: pastebin.com/jUpSAYZE (embed)
KSG FAQ: pastebin.com/fFCGBSdi (embed)
Shimmie: shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/
New KSG Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1834162
Flockdraw: skycow.us/whiteboard
3D-Printable Katawa Figurines: ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10195.swf
Desktop Katawas: mediafire.com/?ogvo1fh7d5x36j9
/ksg/ exclusive 3DS themes: mega.nz/#!3hkznbaR!Zu_0gWDvitQspHUaEhtUeLG7iJhK4Q_79MpXaASkrQo
Katawa Shoujo Lite: newgrounds.com/portal/view/608881
KS Interactive Shrink: writing.com/main/interact/item_id/1858014-Katawa-Shoujo-shrink

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/8TNp
imgur.com/a/8TNpM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nth for Happy Hana

Nth for a happy Hana!

Nth for armed Hana

Can I get a drawfag draw me Rin wearing Emi's legs on her arms pretending to be Godzilla?

6th for perfection

It might just be my America flopping in the wind, but I really want more art of Hana with guns, and I don't know why...

Oh, and just to share. I made a friend on my walk home after feeding the animals. She wasn't a fan of cherries.

imgur.com/a/8TNp

I let her set for a bit with them while I went to my house to change and she hadn't moved when I got back, so I moved her so she wasn't in the road. Picked her up only long enough to carry her to the edges of the woods she was headin' for before I blundered in and spooked her. God speed, Shell Friend.

Nth for a happy Hana!

Also, goodnight fags!

Your album links broken

Also I can give more Hanako with guns but they must be tempered with the motherland

Is that Canon? Been a while since I played

Goodnight and thanks for the new Hana!!

What fan group do you think is the smallest.
I think it goes from largest to smallest

Misha
Hanako
Lilly
Emi
Rin
Shizune

Its from the alpha which also includes lesbian Emi.

No it's from the alpha.

I agree with this, but I think Misha is neutral territory for most.

Hanako
Lilly
Misha
Emi
Rin
Shizune
I say this as an Emifriend

Hello friendo!

Goodnight, friend.

I think something's up with Imgur at the moment, the site won't even load for me. Beeh, it was a turtle.

And Friend, Hana's forged of CCCP iron in the harsheties of the Motherland are Comrades through and through. Could have sworn I had a picture of Hanako with a white ushanka, but for the life of me I can't find it.

Hana shot first

I feel like it's been a while since we've discussed Lilly's unsightly body hair.

With only 4 characters in the URL I think you copied it wrong.

Forget the body hair. Her eyes should be unfocused and constantly moving. She needs sunglasses.

Did anyone of you guys learn a valuable lesson when you played KS? One you used later in life?

I want to make Hana shoot first if you know what I mean.

You can generally spot Alpha stuff because it's a lot more upbeat, fast-moving, and to the point. No 15-minute interludes of Hisao's inner monologue. Lots of great humor and intertwined story lines. It is more reminescent of popular VNs around right now, like Shuffle, MuvLuv 1, and My Girlfriend is the President.

Then they took it out back and shot it because it wasn't refined enough for their fedoras. They were aiming for an Oscar or something. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking. They said Shizune's route was too dramatic, but they turned the entire VN into a pure drama feels-fest anyway. Shit made no sense.

HOLY SHIT LESBIAN EMI.

Looks like I am going to need to play me some Alpha... Oh wait. My computer is broken

Ah shit, you're right. I somehow managed to miss an M.

imgur.com/a/8TNpM

I'm sorry, I don't follow.

I thought they ruined Hanako's since it was too ambitious.
it would need at lot of artwork, coding the scenes with many characters would take forever, and unlocking the true end was a bit different.
and so they just rewrote it from scratch with forced drama, sexual assault etc.

I don't follow. KS alpha and KS finished are both fine. Although Hanako route in any event is a death trap

I want to make Hanako squirt during sex (if possible) before I go soft if you know what I mean.

Oooooh, you're talking about making her orgasm. I get it. That's Lewd.

I thought release Hanako route was fine tbqh

All of the girls' routes have an important message on how have to healthy relationship. Shizune's teaches that having faith in others is rewarding when you remain faithful in return. In Lilly's route, it becomes clear that honesty is the foundation of a loving relationship and that withholding secrets for the benefit of your partner will only lead to more pain. With Rin, loving someone and understanding someone are not the same thing, and you should never force someone to be anything other than who they are. Hanako makes it clear that putting someone else's needs before your own is not romantic or loving at all. Emi's shows that you can lean on others for support as long as you support them in return.

You only got half the lesson for Emi's and Hanako's.

That's one cute shell!

>sexual assault

There's a bad end in the Alpha for Hinako - I think it's #2 - THAT was a sexual assault. I am amazed people talk about the official release and not that scene that was much closer to the definition of rape. There is a line that specifically says she is looking at him with disgust while he's hammering away at her. That scene is so messed up. No foreplay, obvious she doesn't want it, and his monologue is like "fuggit, gun git muh dick wet"

Probably because Hanako murders Hisao shortly afterwards

I was trying to keep it brief but they both deal with white knighting in complementary ways. Hanako's shows that pity and friendship or love do not mix and that some people need their space to workout problems by themselves. Emi's on the other hand shows that you can give that kind of support but only if its from a place of real love.

Hanako doesn't murder Hisao, He literally trips and breaks his neck.

>No foreplay, obvious she doesn't want it, and his monologue is like "fuggit, gun git muh dick wet"
that's not different from the final

besides at least they didn't have the gall to try and pass it off as a good ending.
and she's not happy about it, but she does tell him to go on and do it

They are both fine - for what they are. The alpha is practically a moege. The public release is more of a utsuge - damn near otomege. They both have merits.

Emi's isn't about support from real love, its about support thats appropriate at the right time, that was the purpose of the kitchen scene and the bad end.

>that's not different from the final

Hello!

I disagree. In the kitchen and the bad ending Hisao is more frustrated than understanding, so he attacks Emi instead of actually showing he cares. In either the track (which wasn't good timing) or rooftop scene, he finds it within himself to admit how much he needed Emi and that he loves her.

>All of the girls' routes have an important message on how have to healthy relationship.

It is all fiction and terrible advice. Normal relationships don't work like this. For starters, you should avoid girls like Rin and Emi in real life. If you don't understand why, you haven't dated enough women. For Hanako or Lilly, don't get involved unless you are self-sustained and wealthy yet have plenty of free time outside of work. For Shizune ... really, Shizune is probably one of the more stable girls. Relationships that are secure enough that you can rip into each all in good fun tend to be very healthy. It alleviates stress and makes hard things easier to say. She can take the hits, which makes her great girlfriend material. Her mental issues were extremely minor otherwise.

Non of the girls are mentally stable enough to be dateable, Shizune is too competitive beyond being banterous

It's always a pleasure to see you in these threads. Did you have a good day?

The final confession scene literally has them agree to support each other in an appropriate way, Hisao does care and love Emi in the Kitchen scene and the bad end, he just ignores the advice given to him about appropriately supporting Emi. Also if you don't get the kitchen scene her mother warns you about the correct times and ways to support Emi.

He realises how much he needed Emi in the Kitchen scene too, he even says so, he just tries to support her in the wrong way and the wrong time.

The track was completely the right time, he even chooses that time specifically.

>Shizune is probably one of the more stable girls.

Yeah, you're probably right. I should replay it soon.

Have any of the developers died? Just wondering

I look at more serious commitments. Because of my age, I guess.

Like I said, a long-term relationship with Shizune has the highest probability of success as long as you weren't a pussy.

Hanako and Lilly would both take a ton of time, money, stress, and a bottomless pit of patience just because of their conditions. Lilly is also, frankly, a little dim. Dumb and blind is not a good combo for a stress-free partner. Both girls are permanently incredibly high maintenance.

Rin has issues that can not be treated with therapy or pills. She is certifiably insane. At the very least BPD, possibly autistic. Not even being derogatory. This is what she is. There is no long-term relationship possible at all. She will sabotage it herself every chance she gets no matter how much of a speedbump you are.

Emi is incredibly immature and selfish and is probably not going to be wife material until she's in her early 30s. She is also keen on keeping secrets about stupid shit that have no real affect on anyone, so you know she'd definitely hide more important things. Given that she doesn't value trust, she'd probably cheat easily given her adventurous nature unless you were fucking superman in the bedroom.

That was unexpected. You really should replay it though, its one of the best routes in the game and forgetting half the lesson isn't good!

Shizune would result in a strained relationship and arguments, she's just too competitive and aggressive. She'd only be good if you're an absolute doormat willing to just let her have her own way every time otherwise most disagreements would spiral out of control.
She's a bit tragic really.

EMMYS :-DDDD

Sorry if I seemed obstinate. I do think her route is underrated and I look forward to playing it again.

How old are you? And how does Lilly seem dumb?

I agree with this, there's a reason why her only friend is Misha (who's been friendzoned) and an emasculated Hisao.

I think you aren't looking to hard

Shizune is a pretty stable person but very demanding in what she asks out of other people and herself. I can see her and Hisao living very wealthy live but being very busy and very stressed

Lilly. Lilly is not dumb. She is apathetic. Many people live with blind people. My friends mother married his father because she used to be the person who helped him with stuff you needed sight to do. Like arrange furniture or the like.

Hanako has issues but you just have to help her. Don't judge people's futures based on their presents

Rin is definitly a character. She in not insane just a skychild.

Emi can be extremely mature. It is her immature side that introduces you to Emi but once she opens up you fall in love with all of her personality. It doesn't matter. She holds back secrets because she is afraid of misplacing trust. You can't judge her future based on her present.

Emi also holds back her secret because its deeply traumatic to her.

It's been good so far, and yours? Have any plans for the week?

It's the other way around. A doormat would never work for Shizune. She needs someone on her level. Someone who will talk back to her, call her on her bullshit, and poke fun at her back and forth. A constant aura of playful teasing has to be in the air at all times. Which sounds like a lot, but it really isn't.

Lets approach from another direction - the best relationships are founded on long friendships. What do you do as friends? You joke, mess around, poke fun at each other, and have this intense atmosphere of comfort because you can do all that and not worry about damaging your relationship.

That exact same vibe is what will make a relationship with Shizune blossom. Her being competitive is not a problem. Her being competitive with a pussy beta like Hisao IS a problem. She needs an intelligent man that is confident and assertive. Perfect match.

I want to die.

Except she liked beta pussy Hisao because he was the first person she could make happy.

You're missing the main issue with Shizune, she's extremely competitive, sure there'll be friendly banter but she won't let you win arguments and when its something thats can't be decided like a game she'll just dig her heels in.
She doesn't just need a hyper-assertive guy, she drove the entire student council away because she wasn't willing to compromise or listen to people

>beta pussy

She said she liked him because he's the only one that didn't talk trash about her. She knew because she could read lips (dipping into the Alpha a bit now). Hardly a solid foundation for a long relationship

Cram for this week's test unfortunately. Other than that I'll probably be spending most of my time at the gym.

>dipping into the Alpha a bit now
Not canon

You're reading outside perspectives and Hisao's inner monologue.

Her true actions were NOT that competitive. She played games, smiling the whole time. She through up fun challenges. She backed down quite often, such as when trying to recruit him for the student council. She was never angry, bitter, and intense at a confrontation with the exception of her and Lilly going at it. She was really not nearly as competitive as you think. It's just that the text kept saying it AGAIN and AGAIN but her actions said otherwise.

shizunes hair would be better if it was longer

Her actions very much suggest it, she scared everyone else away and made everyone else flee the student council because she wasn't willing to compromise.

Using the alpha makes for questionable canonicity. Given how debated it is within the game whether she knew what Hisao's disability was, it's unlikely she could do something as outrageous as read lips. In fact, the last scene with Jigoro shows she couldn't because she asks Hisao what he's saying.

Shizune liked Hisao because he was obviously depressed when he came to Yamaku and only began to change when he started working with her. It's a vindication of her goals to make people happy if she was able to make this one person happy.

She scared Hanako off by changing the rules of chess simply because it wasn't something she couldn't enjoy.

Disagree. When the original writers had a character in mind, it went on paper. Just because certain aspects were left on the editing room floor - that doesn't mean they aren't true. Yuuko and Kenji for example. They cut about 800 lines pertaining to them as a couple, but left 30 or so intact. Enough to hint. It validates those other 800 lines.

Also, Shizune on the rooftop watching Misha and Hisao talk about their sex. She could read lips. Otherwise she wouldn't have heard them. Misha wasn't signing (a bigger mystery, is that Hisao was blocking Misha's view from Shizune, but that was an editing fluke). It's safe to assume Shizune could read lips in the public release.

That's no way to be, friend. We live a wonderful time, we're both on the crux of scientific advancement which could propel us into the stars AND teetering on the edge of utter destruction from all sides! Will we cast ourselves into the fathomless void like dust on the wind, or ourselves becoming such unto dust to be washed away in all but memory in the coming rains?

Glory, destruction, risk and reward. An amazing time. Seems Win-Win to me, and who knows, maybe we'll be printin' waifus on robots in the next decade or so.

Goodnight /ksg/

Anyone here does follow Game of Thrones?
What a fuckin' season finale!

>she scared everyone else away and made everyone else flee the student council because she wasn't willing to compromise.

this was never talked about in detail. No specific acts were mentioned. No opinions from other students given. Even Lilly was vague on the topic. The actual events causing that fallout are a mystery. There is reasonable doubt to how bad it actually was. There may have been an attempt to overthrow the council. Someone may have soap-boxed and led everyone away like a piper. There is no way to know.

Thats not how canon works. The only stuff that is canon is what is present in the final route and the alpha Shizune route was changed so much using it as proof is meaningless.

Goodnight!

We get it, she's your waifu and therefore perfect, if you're going to claim shit like that we might as well say Emi is actually a genius because the game only vaguely says she's not doing too well in her exams and that Lilly can navigate by echolocation

Even Shizune admits that she drives people away.

The rooftop scene still holds up as proof she can read lips. The scene mentioned a second ago where she asked what Jigaro was saying can easily be explained by her pretending to not be able to read lips (that was in the Alpha, of course, but it stands to reason that it'd be true in the public release that she was hiding the fact she could read lips). Also, reading lips is not a perfect science. They also mention this (in the public release). She may have not caught what he said, or his lips may have been hidden from her view, or her head was turned for the first part of it. Anything can explain that.

I didn't know you were a philosopher Castron. Herder, artist, poet, is there anything you can't do?

I never said she didn't displease the council. I said the reason they chose to leave is not cut and dry. There could be any number of reasons a group falls apart. Bad leadership is not normally the only factor. Usually someone else wants leadership, for example.

Goodnight, Friend.

I just finished the Fifth book the night before last, I've not had the chance to watch the TV series and am trying to figure up a way to get to it.

I can't see red or talk to women.

This is some fantastic bait

That's a nice plan! Study hard to party hard.

Since my tests are over, I'll probably be at the gym too, see if I can build some muscles in this free month I have.

What does it matter? I'm worthless. I'm a mistake. I don't fit in even with my own family. What's the fucking point, I wonder sometimes?

That just means you get nauseous less and have more free time. Win-win!

Did you get your grades back? I bet you did great! I'll probably be going twice a day after this week because I'm going on vacation next month to visit my cousin who I think I want to bang. but looking good is my top priority.

Friend, nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die; all you can do is bunker down, keep your chin up, look life square in the eye, give it the middle finger and yell, "I FUCKED YOUR SISTER!". You're with friends here. Sit back and enjoy the company, we enjoy yours.

Red makes people nauseous? Also, yes. Free time... wonderful.

I doubt someone as eloquent as you has trouble talking to women, you backwoods stud.

You sure as hell have a way with words.

You remind me of someone I know from another weeb site.

I get what you're saying, and I definitely enjoy the company I have here, but it feels like something's missing from my life. I want to be happy, but I don't know how.

Good, now it's safe to come in here.

How's it goin'?

Yeah, I passed them all, some with perfect grades even. Two weeks without napping as much as I need, but it was worth it.

I'll just be going to the gym once a day, but I'll try to go everyday. Also, I kind of know the feeling of the cousin situation. so looking good is top priority indeed.

What if you just like feeling guilty?

I don't follow...

Is that Paul I see?

Friend, everyone feels that way all the time. Everyone has a hole in them they either try to hide or fill; be it partying, taking selfies, reading books, making friends, or shoving things inside themselves. Some people are better than others at covering it up, but the hole's still there. You can't let what's missing be what dictates your happiness, but that being said, your hole won't fill itself! Get out there and take happiness by the shorthairs, damnit!

You've never seen me talk to women. My brain goes all doopy, blush like a schoolmarm, breadcrumbs shoot out of my mouth even when I'm not eating. Horrible stuff.

Also, when you said "backwoods stud" I'm reminded of how I must have looked two or three weeks ago, clad in muddy pants and a stained tanktop, laying flat on the ground covered in ants, elbow deep in a hole full of raw sewage grasping desperately for a hose that was lost in the muck . Every woman's dream.

You... bastard. Usually I'd have to pay for this kind of psycho-analyzing.

I'm scared, deer man.

I guess what I mean to say is, do you just feel bad for the vindication of it? That used to be me.