/xsfg/ - XSEED and Friends General, formerly /rfhmg/

Dessie edition.

A general for talking about games published and developed by XSEED Games/Marvelous USA and their partners, including Rune Factory, Story of Seasons & pre-SOS Harvest Moon, PoPoLoCrois, Ys, The Legend of Heroes and Earth Defense Force 2017/2/4.1

XSeed have announced their E3 2016 lineup and it includes new titles to be localized in the west:
Corpse Party (3DS | Summer 2016)
Exile’s End (PS4, PS Vita, Wii U | Summer 2016)
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (PS4, PS Vita | Winter)
Akiba’s Beat (PS4, PS Vita | Winter 2016)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PS4, PS Vita, Wii U | Fall 2016)
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns (Cherished Friends of Three Villages) (3DS | 2017)
Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity (PS4 | Summer 2016)

Marvelous has announced Story of Seasons: Cherished Friends of Three Villages, currently out in Japan as of June 23 for 3DS systems.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd is being localized for PC in 2017, while Trails of Cold Steel II NA releases for Vita and PS3 are due this fall. Steam and the PS Store currently have sales for TitS and SC.

Ys VIII Vita is set for a June 21 release in Japan, PS4 version in 2017.

Someone ported XSEED's translation of Ys: Memories of Celceta to the Chinese PC version:
mega.nz/#F!HssCDDYZ!QLkmrL0kMhndI3i7fYzIQA

RF/Story of Seasons Stuff
fogu.com/sos1/
pastebin.com/qzgac5X7
docs.google.com/document/d/1uzfx84FBSY50B_mLKDweztBBvbcsA8lzXXSRvOrUVlg/view
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wJAHbfCCha37NPdyzgOQzNQTX-Q2OHRXPWao-gN1AG8/view
mega.nz/#F!adEBFboA!wTzdKkk5KKCppb1N2b_qRw

Falcom music archive:
pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x3ihanu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here's a screencap of Dessie for the user that requested it.

She walks around her spring all day and that's where this was taken. Off the screen and to the right is a river and waterfall.

I think last thread may have been too comfy.

>Someone ported XSEED's translation of Ys: Memories of Celceta to the Chinese PC version:

Neato. I'm guessing the mega link is the full game?

I believe so. Haven't played it myself, but that's the link that was posted around /v/ a while back.

TWIN BROWN WAIFUS

This man here is Ludeus. If you played SoS then just know that he's the Gunther of this game. He doesn't sell the stone or lumber, but he will build whatever you need if you have it.

He also gives you the hammer tool.

Upgraded my house and got a dog.
Just like in SoS when you decide to build a big project for the first time it'll cut to a montage of you building it with some help.

I guess it attracted the ire of Schmoolies after all.

Can you choose what town to live in like in ToTT?

hot

Thanks!

>Can you choose what town to live in like in ToTT?

No. You live on a farm away from all three villages, but there's a path to them as soon as you exit your farm.

So what kind of architecture does the town of the Twin Brown Waifus have?

Does anyone know what purpose all these have in the game? There's tons of them under the name "PictureStoryShow"

It's a tropical village/ jungle village.
This here is the second screen of the village. The one before it is a line of shops by the beach.

Maybe something Woofio is involved in?

Cool.

Is there a beach and do characters wear swimsuits?

There is a beach, but so far no signs of swimsuits. What they wear is pretty close to swimsuits already though.

>pretty close to simwsuits already though

nope.

Has there ever been an HM with swimsuits and beach days, or is that an RF thing?

>page 10

I don't think I've seen swimsuits in HM yet.

There was that swimming contest in HM64.

It's a sausage fest though.

Dog

Maybe. Here's one from the third set.

Question to any anons playing 3V: how do you think it compares to SoS?

Sundays are really slow for this thread.

Is that by that one artist who drew that "Wolf Shino wants to battle" pic?

I think so, looks like the same style

If there's never going to be another Rune Factory, at least the last one was arguably the best one.

What a happy looking sausage beast

Yep. That's true.

Does anyone else here actually use the wooly suit?

Not really. I mainly use one of the recolours for the default outfit.

>Hot and humid as fuck last night with rain on and off all night long
>Today's going to be even hotter and just as humid with all the rainwater evaporating

Something tells me this is going to be an awful week.

>A/C freezes every now and then
>have to turn it off completely for an hour or else it wont work.

I wish I lived somewhere cooler.

Has it been 100% confirmed we can't have fox kids yet?

I still want to hope.

I hold onto the slim chance that it was either a mistranslation or that the Big Cheese of whatever pantheon rules over the SoS world will come down and give their blessing, because lord knows there's so much stuff of sweet foxgirl action and so many guys (and chicks!) that've partaken of it that it'd be downright madness for them to pass up this opportunity.

Pets are nice in these games, I always enjoy being a rancher more than a farmer for some reason.

Everyone wants to wear Dolce's clothes.

While Dolce is also wearing them, I bet.

Slow day again.

Don't die, /xsfg/.

That's a pretty small planet both of them have to share.

yeah I know it's a giant melon.

And for some reason I'm hearing the breakdown scene from Stimpy's Fan Club:

I... I was nice today, nice to all those insipid little monkeys, answering all their stupid letters!

My hands... dirty! The dirt won't come off!

President. What a joke, president... president of what? Her fan club! How they love her!

Look at her lying there asleep!

The idol of millions! She's a fool, a lying, silly little fool!

How easily I could end the farce! With these hands, these dirty hands!

And with these hands I hold the fate of millions!

They think she's a god, but she's as mortal as we! I know!

Just one quick twist! And it's over, just one!

Dolce can't kill what's already dead.

Western cartoons today just aren't what they used to be.

This was a kids show right? It sounds like something from Edgar Allan Poe

>Dolce can't kill what's already dead.

When's that stopped her from trying?

>This was a kids show right?

I wouldn't consider it that but it was back when adult cartoon programs really weren't known outside of a couple of movies in the 70's and 80's but yeah its as adult as a kid's show can be seeing as the creators really pushed the envelope in what they could get past the censors.

Only about the greatest display of censor bypassing and deranged animation in a "kid's" show ever. Here's the episode in particular, and that specific sequence starts at about 13:30

dailymotion.com/video/x3ihanu

>page 10

>that Melanie

Oh, that's going to work SO well, I'm sure.

Here's the inside of the your house after the first upgrade. There's now a closet to the left just like in SoS.

>tfw it's so hot this is all you've worn at home today and suddenly the UPS truck pulls up

>wearing clothes at home

>finally deleted the virus in my SD card
>can now go back to playing RF4

Sad that I'm going to need a new savefile, but at least I know what I'm doing now.

Or I could beat the first arc, get some dope-ass armor over the years and speed through 2 and 3 when I feel like it.

That's an awfully large image considering the level of detail.

It's still good.

How did you manage to get a virus on the SD card you use for a 3DS?

IIRC when he first relayed the story he said it was picked up at a printing place through a flash drive, passed to his PC and from the PC to the SD card. Common weakest link infection.

PC was infected, used card on PC to pass over a game and it got virused.

Moral of the Story: Always use protection else you're waifu gets trashed.

>picked up at a printing place through a flash drive,

True evil

>someone actually remembered the story

Damn.

Considering those boxes are probably designed for some level of preservation I bet it's actually pretty comfy in there during hotter weather.

What country was that in?

Or even when other things heat up.

I speed through Arc 1 within the first spring, spend summer and fall romancing bachelorette/Raising skills and then do arc 2 in the first winter because I am efficient to the point of insanity

Just finished chapter 3 in rf4, and have already done the first layer of the maze before that. What's left to do content wise?

If you made it to the end of Rune Prana and rescued Venti,then you're done with the game.

Well, i guess finding that axe with 12k dmg made the last push ezpz. RIP.

If you don't want the 2nd arc to start, don't pick the 2nd option when talking to Venti. If you already did, too late.

I know how to avoid the second arc, I just like to finish the main game within the first year because it plays out sort of like a mix of a slice of life/adventure anime with a heavier focus on the slice of life aspect in the middle and it's most fitting to do the second arc during winter

What do you think is the worst HM?

That's actually part of the real series and not post ANB, that is?

Also, what do you think is the best HM?