/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Special Jej to Reduce Thread Downtime

Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise:
Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, Avorion, From the Depths, Factorio, REM, Robocraft, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org
youtube.com/watch?v=7YyxsW_2xmo

Avorion
>avorion.net/
>/egg/ approved server: 149.202.65.190

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com
>/egg/heim idea bin: pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2

Factorio:
>factorio.com/
>guide.factorio.com/index.html
>steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

REM:
>www.remproject.wordpress.com
>youtube.com/channel/UCzp2XM98-FcFWAqhFjnxSbg

Robocraft:
>robocraftgame.com

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com/machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: youtube.com/watch?v=iLVnW5exF3Q

Garry's mod:
>garrysmod.com

Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>store.steampowered.com/app/325420/
>homebrewgame.com/

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
>youtube.com/watch?v=n-aG7E9gTNI

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

GearBlocks:
>moddb.com/games/gearblocks

Robot Arena 2:
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/

Other urls found in this thread:

defensenews.com/story/defense/innovation/2016/05/03/lockheed-nuclear-fusion-generator-investment/83870398/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Corneroids

hey. at least it's not win10.
I don't know why i didn't think of the antivirus, but yes, it was it. But now it only displays a black screen and music. We've got some progress.

THIRD FOR BIG BROADSIDES

Ooh, I can't lie, I do like them.

Oh! Then I think I know how to fix it at this point. Run the executable, right-click on the top bar of the window, and select "Properties."

From there, take a look at the font size options for the console. Try selecting a smaller font size, press OK, then exit and restart the executable. You may need to mess around with it a bit to find the largest font size that works.

What I believe is happening is that the window might be slightly too big for your resolution (you'll know this is the case if when you run it, there are either vertical or horizontal scroll bars). When this happens, Windows doesn't display any of the text.

Fuck's up with these Kraut magic bolts?

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Just keep trying, and seeing what makes you money. I do think there might be different overall strategies that can yield good results.

Efficiency/laziness at all costs

Yeah. I'm calibrating this. But now i see the main screen. Thanks for the help!

Of course, no problem. I'm glad you got it to work.

Too bait to be true.

BMW.

Now you know why not to buy a new BMW.

>BMW
Source? Never seen anything even close to that on any I've seen.

You think?

Some might be possible if you know that they are more like anchor points rather than bolts.
But some are.. just plain retarded.

>for holes countersunk on wrong side
That doesn't even make any fucking sense. If it's on the wrong side, then it'd be where the threads are, not where the head is.
>special bolt to reduce assembly time
This is just bullshit.

Either this is VERY specialized, or a very drunk German had a little too much fun with SolidWorks one night.

It's where their nickname comes from.
>Bolt Manufacturing Wankers

you need to stop

Stop posting that, i want to eat one everytime i see it.

I hate cheese

>it's almost lunchtime here already
please stop i'm going to get even hungrier

is warbros server still up? When are we going to get another spengies server?

>Is Warbros
No.
>another
No.

I'm having a heck of a time trying to graph this since apparently I can't do it the easy way with google (through a gui I mean, I'd have to learn the backend to making them) but if you wanna drop a way to communicate easily I'm happy to share the document with you. Steam perhaps?

>spengies
No.

Btw are you the dev? Because, i don't want to be nitpicky but, when the accounting screen popups or i open it some part of it doesn't refresh and stays in the screen after i close it. It's just a little thing.

Warbros serb is kill due to frustration with patches going live despite protests from keen's internal QA.
New serbian never. Maybe after we get a stable branch but most likely never.

FtD, anybody know a way to force LMDs to fire? I'm trying to test if I have enough power output.

All I need is the "money before fees." You can just paste those 24 points of data here, if you want.

Yes, I am the dev. That's not nitpicky; that's pointing out something I haven't seen yet, which is useful. So, to get it straight, after you press F1, some artifacts of it are still left on the screen? What happens if you move the cursor over those artifacts?

>a way to force LMDs to fire
I usually spawn Dusters for this purpose.
You could also build a test platform to launch dummy missiles and put AI with enemy simulator on it.

They go away, except the border where i can't put the cursor obviously.
Well, I'm glad i'm helping then.

could you post a screenshot? The accounting window should actually be drawn in the center, so it shouldn't intersect the outer boundary at all. I hope it's not being cut off.

I was about to do that. The strange thing is that if i minimize the screen it goes away.

That's really strange. Maybe further messing with the font settings in the console properties might help this, but I'm really not sure at the moment (haven't yet been able to reproduce it, nor have I heard of anyone else seeing this).

It's likely something to do with how the console is drawing the border of the Accounting window. I'll definitely look into this further; thanks for pointing it out.

But yeah, after ~5 learning games that I lost very quickly in my lack of knowledge I don't lose too often, since these are my last 3(4 since I did lose one nearly instantly, not really worth keeping the data for it) games.

I got you, I'll post the points of data from 3 of my last 4 games (one ended in about two months after 3 lightning strikes)
Game 1: This is the one you've seen, ongoing

Game 2: This one ended after catastrophic lightning

Game 3: Ongoing, already turning into the same thing as game 1, I'll attach a screenshot.

you got memed on hard that second game

I fucking lost it at 883

You have no idea, you can even see me cannibalizing my infrastructure in an attempt to set up something profitable. Not even joking when I say that every time I ate something, my power plant would get struck by lightning. I had bought ~15 replacement transformers by the end of that game.

thats some nice infraestructure, is that a resort :^)?

I'm new to spengies, trying to do a big drillship. Some old posts say even solid array of drills is unsafe and requires rotation/vibration, is that still true?

No. It just requires a supercomputer.

>new to spengies
>trying to do anything

Dev here, thank you so much. I see the houses upgraded quite quickly in the game in your screenshot. Do you find this generally happens? It's supposed to be very unlikely.

Yes, lightning strikes can be unlucky. One tradeoff is that with a high-frequency grid (lots of charges on screen), lightning is less likely to hit - but of course, this will cost more in maintenance.

I know. My friend with 24GB ram is hosting.
Well building a small ship with drills was easy, as well as adding four drills to yellow starting ship, including piping to refinery.
Either I did not drill enough to encounter issues or large drills now cover >2x2 large blocks area.

Mine small and only what you need, or use a giga drill mod if you are into that.

But where's the fun in that? I want a giant mothership with like 25x25 mining surface and multiple refineries/assemblers.

Uh, well, it usually goes like that yeah, not so much upgraded, I'm not sure I've ever seen a house actually upgrade. I'm just completely willing to move my entire grid to higher value houses as they appear. I originally started in the low center to tend to a couple 1 houses before migrating north to that 5 and then the 6, then down to the lower right stuff. You can see when it started appearing, around the 6th month or so I'd say. The dip in my money mid way is when I was in the process of axing all my infrastructure for anything less than a 4 and rebuilding.

moar drills.

benis

Factorio update today, anons!
Finally trains and railway logic that make sense!
Finally able to put wires on everything and power switches, goodbye smart chests!

>there is no /egg/ game where you can build bioships in shapes that would make even Freud blush

don't post that shit without a code you cunt

>another flak gun is being added to robocucks

Better rev up those flyers.

Witness me!

CLANG

Someone design a machine to harvest the massive amounts of salt building up from the remain voters.

THICK engineering

Post THICK

quick someone get the zyklon

Someone design a rifle to help Americans kill each other faster.
Fuck off burger.

What did they mean by this?

Why would an American be talking about the UK referendum???

Even worse, fuck off to /pol/.

THICK
H
I
C
K

What is even worse than what? Do you even fucking know what the vote was about or by who?

I just picked up Space Engineers and I am a big fan of the concept of survival, but a big issue I am having is that I constantly run out of fuel because of the two dozen asteroids I've checked out, not a single one has had any uranium. It's tough to even get more than just ice, iron, and one other ore in a single asteroid.

Is this just bad luck or par for the course?

To: user
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No but in all seriousness does anything about eggheim look finished to you? Do you really think that that's the full, finished campaign? If you burn yourself out on constantly starting a new campaign on an unfinished map that currently has very little to do in it, then that is your own damn problem and I'd ask that you please find the nearest bottle of bleach and drink it.

Obviously I am going to fill things out in the campaign. I mean shit look at the abandoned mine that isn't showing up in campagin for whatever reason. That was mentioned in that thread. That should tell you right there what you're in for: an unfinished pile of shit.

Like for fucks sake did you not even notice that only one faction even has an HQ? Let alone that there are multiple factions with 0 designs? Do you eat raw food and complain when it makes you sick?

TL;DR You're retarded. Thanks for testing aspects of the campaign and giving your input though.

Subrosa a best.

Looks THICC but nice. That's the carrier right?

>Looks THICC but nice. That's the carrier right?
No, the carrier is this, that's another user's vessel

You can tell them apart by The screen resolution of my pics :^)

What kind of machine could be capable of pushing the UK further out to sea?

a really big lesbote

Farage's smiling mug is really quite memetic, innit?

If I have multiple cockpits are controls relative to the one I currently use?

What determines rotation center? Center mass, gyro, cockpit?

You said cock

CoM.

And not just once!

Not a game.

Does Thick aeros work?

Does that thing move at all?

DELETE THIS, TURRISTS MIGHT COPY

So thats what they were making you build.

Thats clever.

オパビニア

Anyone got any recommendations for player made planets

I can't deal with those resource points on /egg/heim for too long.

something with deep waters preferably. Gotta have dat DAS BOOT.

innit m8

Why would Obama be in this?

Brexit doesn't concern him.

Am I missing something
I voted Obama. Twice, and I couldn't fucking care less about Brexit.

They were getting the short stick along with Germany & France.

>I voted Obama. Twice
You monster.

barry went to bongland personally to threaten them to stay in the eu m8

I don't like Big Pharma, or For Profit - At All Costs health care.

And I loved the salt coming off honkies.

I won't be voting for Trump, Hillary or Sanders.
I doubt I'll have any reason to vote again honestly. Unless it's a vote on retooling our Defense Budget for Space Exploration.

Hmm. That's some cunt shit.
Even I saw why that shit was happening. The fuck was he thinking.

>Defense Budget for Space Exploration.
Don't you want fusion reactors user?
That's what they're doing with that money, apparently.
And we'll get them before those fucking frogs at ITER

>Big Pharma
Corpocracy backed and legitimized by gobberment

>For Profit
Why not?

Last thing I heard about it were the Tokomak generator being made by Germany.

And then there was the Laser Facility YEARS ago.

defensenews.com/story/defense/innovation/2016/05/03/lockheed-nuclear-fusion-generator-investment/83870398/

>lockheed martin
I heard from a friend once that they were testing some sort of electromagnetic defensive field that fries deer or something.