/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 27th:
1542 Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo claims California for Spain
1743 War of the Austrian Succession: Battle of Dettingen: in Bavaria, King George II of Britain personally leads troops into battle. The last time a British monarch would command troops in the field.
1929 1st color TV demo (NYC)
1950 North Korean troops reach Seoul, UN asks members to aid South Korea, Harry Truman orders US Air Force & Navy into Korean conflict
1967 The world's first ATM is installed in Enfield, London

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 11 - The End of Days
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-developer-diary-11-the-end-of-days.950847

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.1 - 20/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Good hoi4 when

Never

When's the new CK2 DLC dropping?

Reminder to support and encourage shitposting.

See

What did he mean by this?

Wew wiz

Based Wiz fighting for equality

Or this.

Is wiz retarded?

Wiz really has lost isn't it?
What happened?

yes

>he doesn't put on sunscreen just because his hair is on fire
>he thinks burning hair will protect him from sunburns
Lmaoing @ wiz's life

Very much

Paradox happened.
You need to have a SJW credentials to work at paradox.

So fucking salty

Literally what the fuck are you talking about wiz

>Dog catches car, gets in driver seat, makes suicide run on the European economy.

I don't get it

I think that was an attempt at s metaphor

But what the fuck does it mean?
Britain is a dog and the EU is the car and britain rode in the backseat, hijacked it and crashed?

>respectfully disagree x30
>respectfully disagree x12
>all those agrees on wiz low-class banter
Why are pdoxforum posters such stockholm syndromed cucks?

>Dog catches car, gets in driver seat, makes suicide run on the European economy.

huh.. now THAT really made me think...

But what does it mean.

Wiz is retarded, it doesn't make any sense.

This has to be the most boring great war ever. At least Austria and France got btfo'd so now maybe Russia can help me take back some Serbian clay.

>vanilla neon flags

Its looks more like a curbstomp

>Just playtested Victoria's Secret. Well I am hyped! Ludwig-sempai will protect his dear little spherelings!

>literally the whole world vs austria and france

SERBIA BIG

Only problem now is that the Ottoman Empire is in the Russian's sphere, and so am I. The rest of Serbia is going to be super hard to get, and I've been trying to get a crisis there since the start of the game.

Terrible borders
God vanilla is an eye sore

This is where the DLC money is being invested.

>prussia conquers bohemia
>can't form germany

Would it be possible to mod battles in EUIV so that armies are far less likely to have a broken retreat and instead perish under most circumstances?
Battles as they are currently in the game feel almost irrelevant to the outcome of any war as any defeated army just comes back two months later at full strength and it makes defeating powerful nations as small ones almost impossible.

Download where

Is he really working on that shit?

I think so, did you check defines.lua?

Wiz is too euphoric for you, your lesser mind can't understand him

See I have no fucking idea what that was about but it does seem like a waste of time.
Time that could be spent doing better things like adding jan mayen to every game or zombies to ckw.

Then explain to a lesser mind because I literally can't understand his dog shit.

Oh you are so wrong. This Germany is properly Groß.

Anyone know when the final 1.1 patch for hoi4 will be released?

Jesus christ

That looks awful.
>Germany will never take poland.

Before their vacations in july

Sometime this year

bump

Hearts of Iron IV confirmed shit

>AI can barely create new divisions, just spams hundreds of infantry divisions without support so if you as much as add a brigade or two of artillery to your infantry-congrats you're undefeatable, build some proper armour and you'll conquer the world. It's easy as fuck to conquer half the world with Poland.
>AI apparently has no priorities at all, Italy will send a hundred divisions to Ethiopia and Lybia, conquering half of Africa, while their core provinces are invaded by the UK. Thus the UK has the same problem, will invade shit but wont defend what it already has
>The AI will send troops by sea no matter if it has a navy or not, losing dozens of divisions, cue Italy sending shit trough the English channel for no fucking reason
>At the same time the German AI will ignore the obvious threats from, lets say, Italy being invaded by the allies, it will instead just let Italy be over run while it garrisons the Yugoslav border with 30 divisions a few provinces aside
>"Historical focus" box apparently does nothing, US, Japan, Italy, etc regularly enter the war in 1939, everyone declares on everyone, everything just turns into a clusterfuck of wars involving the entire world, hardly if ever they're even close to being historical, instead you get shit like 100 soviet divisions moving trough Axis nations to attack the allies (the fuck?)
>the AI is using its "planning bonus" before invading province that literally have no troops. Thus divisions are chilling on an empty province waiting to invade with the all important bonus.
>the AI is busy strategically redeploying half of the army along the front at all times anyway so they're at low org constantly
>AI can't even keep ships together, most are in port anyway and can be killed with NAV's even if you don't have a single fighter, bombs are teleported anyway.

>doesn't own all of AH
>doesn't own the lowlands
>doesn't own all of northern italy
>properly gross
You still have ways to go me m8

>the most effective airwing is 3 fighters per squadron, lmao you thought micromanaging was bad in hoi 3? Tough luck, now go reorganizing your airforce in 1000 airwings of 3 to max your K/D
>lmao you thought the plans would reduce micro? Tough luck, now instead of controling individual divisions you can unfuck the fronts/armies every 5 minutes, especially if you create a pocket, and you can do all that while your divisions and armies are just fucking blobs on the map with allies mixed in, just to make it more fuckable and tedious
>The AI is busy strategically redeploying half of the army along the front at all times if you so much as take a new province so they're at low organisation anyway at all times
>Naval strategies? You don't need them, just mass every ship together and kill everything that floats
>Supplies? What supplies? You don't need oil to fuel tanks silly or food for infantry, or ammunition or anything else, just some arbitraray supply limits in provinces do the tricks.

He's playing as Serbia you teenager retard.

Is AARnon here?

I think he's american so he's here usually later.

What is this?

He was playing Witcher 3 last time I saw him, look him at its general

He's probably the Trissfag

It's victoria's secret, by martin "Dog catches car, gets in driver seat, makes suicide run on the European economy" Anward

Doesn't change the fact that Germany isn't "properly gross".

A joke game some autists here are taking too seriously.

Austria-Hungary is now basically gone. They were really strong up until they lost the Great War. Now Romania, Russia, Italy, and myself have been taking pieces of them in subsequent wars.

Is there any hope for me about reclaiming the southern Serbian lands from the Ottomans? Should I break off relations with Russia and try to align with the new German state instead?

>60 posts in.
>Thread is mostly on topic.
Been a while since I saw /gsg/ this good.

>a-h turd sitting on Romania's heas

>he doesn't changeowner Germany's rightful lands if AI Germany fucks up

Hey senpai. You may remember me from a few threads ago. It's 1954 and the Netherlands has been sucked into Allies vs. (Axis and Comintern). I plan to finish this game tonight.

So far:

Military Casualties:
Axis Casualties: 42.68 million.
Allied Casualties: 30.996 million.
Comintern Casualties: 10.847 million.

Civilian Casualties are probably around double the military casualties according to actual WW2 figures, so let's say 170 million.

That's 11.07% of the world's population, compared to WW2's actual 3%.

For the Netherlands in particular, I'm at 0 manpower and I'm using scraping the barrel, so that means a quarter of the population is dead _not including civilian deaths_ (although there will be proportionately less of those, because by Scraping the Barrel I turn civilian deaths into military deaths).

L I T E R A L L Y the end of the fucking world.

And we're not done yet.

You are taking croatia, right?
Right now your borders are shit.

>making germany even more OP

Should I keep the Philippines under direct control or puppet them?

t. r&i

What is going on with that independant Italian state? Why is that a thing?

That'd completely unrealistic

Direct control

There's very few Serbs living in that area. Seems a bit blobby if you ask me.

Croats are Serbs you mong

>Literally samefag 30 posts in your autistic thread.
>Comes here calling samefags.
Wew.
Go back to your thread, this thread is much better when your steamgroup is spamming your childish shit in a dead general only for you to see.

All I see is a place full of serbs

Your borders will look like shit without croatia

Just report and ignore them m8.

t. milošević

>implying

I'll probably take Croatia just to make my borders a bit more nice.

In other news Communists rebels just broke the Ottoman Empire, removing them from Russian protection, meaning a war for southern Serbia is near at hand. Lady luck smiles on Serbia today.

>that protusion in montenegro

Any history game that doesn't turn out as a 1:1 replica of history is unrealistic. History can only happen the way it did.

You could consider changing your land doctrine to the ones that give man power if you already haven't. Though it takes time but undermanned divisions are pretty much useless.

You can't experience a few potato famines without picking up a few tricks.

There are levels of unrealistic, that's just retarded

Someone post the picture of the EA building across the street with the tank, I think there was a Girls und Panzer figure on top of it

So the war is going well enough that I can actually expand a bit further than I planned. I already added goals to take my cores of Southern Serbia and Northern Macedonia.

What else?

Montenegro

How long is it going to take for Indonesia to get cores on Borneo, Celebes and New Guinea? I want to liberate them for muh coprosperity sphere

That's a good idea actually. I've completed the tech tree anyway, so time's all I have.

Yeah that makes sense. I can still take another state, though. Is taking Albania from them acceptable? Corridor to the sea and all that.

>play hoi3 Poland
>let Germans have that fucking Gdańzig
>they don't sperg out
>they don't care about Alsace-Lothringen
>ww2 never happens
Yeah, sure...

Yes but you will need macedonia too if you get it

NIPPON STEEL

I have played HPM like hundreds of times but I've never genocided anyone, I don't even know how the system works. I want to try it, who should I play and who should I genocide?

What the fuck happened with HoI IV. How the fuck is the AI absolute dogshit, can't deal with naval Invasion or just declares war on everybody? Whats with the 3.000 fighters the UK has by the start of the war?

What the fuck happend, why is this game so god damn shit, I thought they worked on it for 3 years

avoiding ww2 was that easy, but the anglos wouldn't have it.