Ask someone that used to work in Wall Street and is invested in Bitcoin anything...

Ask someone that used to work in Wall Street and is invested in Bitcoin anything. I quit because I have enough money to live off without having to work, I can live a relatively modest, stress-free life thanks to the years I worked and obviously the help of my trust fund. I prefer to make less money and have no stress or schedules so I can dedicate my free time researching stuff that I feel are worth my time.

I became hooked as soon as I understood it and placed it in the right context. I see the untapped huge potential. The marketcap is tiny and we have seen nothing yet.
I have been around since 10 dollars.

Will reply with my mic with vocaroos since I don't feel like typing. Trolls and offtopic ignored.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0J3lm6Xzfuv
vocaroo.com/i/s1hw2hAVEUZK
vocaroo.com/i/s1uP5rTrU21l
vocaroo.com/i/s0RBoGA1n8as
youtu.be/6BTK50QUqiY
bbc.co.uk/programmes/p045wgdl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how much do you expect bitcoin to rise in the next decade or so? it's obvious it will go to 6 figures a coin once governments ban cash and whales and citizens want to find away to not get cucked. how do you expect this to play out?

Why is bitcoin better than gold in any way beside not taking up spaces?

vocaroo.com/i/s0J3lm6Xzfuv

You're me, sitting in my room, right now.
You're have decent grades but have no money whatsoever, and your family is nonexistent.
You are 20 years old.
You were, prior to this moment, planning on applying to several universities for engineering related courses, and finding a new engineering-related trainee-job through applying with several appropriate recruitment agencies, but now, you take over.
What do you do?
What are your plans?

get pozd and jump off a 2 story high building, return to my own body

you really sound like a wall street jock

Sorry Op, this post is a bit fuzzy.

Altcoins can do everything Bitcoin can
but better, better security, faster transactions - better features.

the only thing bitcoin has going for it is the brand
people don't know crypto currency, they know bitcoin

Is that honestly enough?

These threads always end up with something like
if the economy collapses, or
if the world adopts bitcoin somehow
one bitcoin would be worth x million dollars

But why would a local community trade in a coin
that is only in the hands of a few.
They could trade in a new coin, one which is in their control.

why would people adopt bitcoin over literally anything else.

*if the world adopts crypto somehow
why should we pick bitcoin
over anything else

because they're not going to
bitcoin is a prototype proof of concept
you shouldn't hold btc

I'm not yet fully informed but you seem like an ok guy to explain:

What stops apple from creating applecoin and hyping the shit out of it? It wouldn't be the first time they stole an idea and marked it as their own making way more money than the original. Same goes for Alphabet Inc. etc

> I can dedicate my free time researching stuff that I feel are worth my time
> Veeky Forums

That's because that was Shkreli.

Best way to buy Bitcoin? Most secure platform?

Who did you work for and what did you do in your job? Describe in detail pls

How do you respond to pic related?

What's a good thing to invest in in WoW? I need some gold

Lol /thread

Your voice is smooth man. You should try doing some podcasts or radio work or something.

this is a prerecorded clip

No sane person thinks bitcoin is going to become a currency the same way fiat currencies are. It's simply going to be an asset that works as an invincible store of value. As one of its perks, it will also have the possibility to be transferred as easy as it is to transfer fiat currencies.
>They could trade in a new coin, one which is in their control.
When blochckain becomes mainstream, something like that may happen, although it would probably be stopped by national states. Bitcoin is unstoppable because it is international and at its beginning it was also anonymous. Much easier to stop it if you know who starts it and they're all in a small community

What was your job and what qualifications did you need? If you made tons of money and worked on fucking Wall street I might have a new goal.

You people sure are asking some dumb questions about how he did it, so I'll help and give you the keys to the kingdom:

Go to an adoption agency, sign up, get adopted by rich parents, they set you up with a trust fund, then you come on Veeky Forums acting like you're Gordon Gekko and troll.

EASY.

vocaroo.com/i/s1hw2hAVEUZK

Holy shit lmfao

>vocaroo.com/i/s0J3lm6Xzfuv
Why is your voice so damn sexy?

You said you worked on Wall Street.
What did you work in?

Why bitcoin?

Why not some other coin?

Is oil going to go back to a more reasonable price soon?

(also please mention the peak oil production of "cheap & easy" oil wells, and how prices should rise to match with regards to the future weighted average oil production cost)

bitcoin fanatic here. what pisses me off about BTC is the horrendous transaction times.. will people be willing to put up with 6 hours transaction time in the future? Im highly jaded with BTC now.. thats why i bought some XMR

I think they'll move to 0 confirmation transactions

Ehh you bought XMR which has problems due the bloat on their blockchain, thinking it will be faster?

You guys make me laugh thinking altcoins are what will fix all Bitcoin's problems. You are judging your alt of choice from a tiny marketcap and no use perspective. If they got to Bitcoin's level they would find the same problems.

BTC is fast if you pay the recommended fee, so I don't know what you are talking about. In any case, in the future we will have lightning network so transactions will be even cheaper and instant.

>gold
vocaroo.com/i/s1uP5rTrU21l

Why would this 30 trillion dollars in offshore money move into bitcoin when it can stay where it is?

Why bitcoin and not say XMR which is less traceable?

Bitcoin has been up now for 4~ years. Why hasn't this happened already?

I'm an average joe holding a fraction of btc and mostly holding eth. Whats your opinion on eth? And what does "evaporate" rather than "collapse" mean for joe?

So you're the faggot who posts here all the time? I guess now I have a voice to put towards your glorious autism. I disagree with 100% of everything you just said. There is no impetus for even a small portion of the enormous amounts of wealth out there to move into bitcoin.

>b-but even if just 1% of the amount invested in real estate moves to bitcoin, it will make bitcoin holders rich!

This is complete braindead levels of rationalization. There is absolutely no reason for any of that to happen, especially since bitcoin is still a cringeworthy meme propped up by a few chinks who still find novelty in it.

If anything of what you posted was even remotely plausible, it would be happening already. Usually when people say stupid shit, they at least -attempt- to back it up with evidence. You provide no data to support your claims, not even one shred of proof that there is this huge "wealth transfer" happening. If anything, bitcoin remains stagnant like it has the last 3 years after its explosive growth in 2013.

>y-you can trust me! I used to work on Wall Street. You can tell by the enormous amounts of buzzwords I throw around.

Fucking topkek. Go do voice work like another user posted. At least working will give your life meaning so you don't waste your daddys money on bitcoin anymore. You trust fund babys crack me up.

Well done. But many gaping holes in your argument.

Shells already do this cheaper and with almost no loss except for whoever is getting paid to run the shells. Using bitcoin for this is too risky.

Why would they use bitcoin for this? How would they liquidate after? Who would buy? How would they explain account balances after you deposit them back into accounts?

If you're suggesting bitcoin is viable because of an impending market downturn, so people need it to launder and hide money, I think that's silly.

I think you responded to the wrong post...

UBS, Deutsche Bank Santander, BNY Mellon and ICAP have already teamed up to create their own crypto coin for B2B deals.

Goldman and Citigroup are also working on a currency like that.

Not saying that BC are going to be the thing for the next 50 years, but the blockchain is going to have a vast impact on the world

Should I Buy into this URRE Meme?

have some self respect

It's ok grandpa, go to bed.

>complains about how disruptive technology is not mainstream during the first 10 years of its existance (bitcoin is only 7 years old and still at version 0.13, nothing in the scale of what we are talking about)
>doesn't realize transaction volume has only been going up since day one, with unstoppable progress
>cries about it and gets physically angry on every single thread to cope with its normalcy bias due not being bright enough to see the opportunity and sleep comfortably at night as a nocoiner

If you are not willing to hold for 10 years, you are not cut for this, and you are exactly why few people is going to make it, and those that do, will make it big.

Any coin banks create will have no limit on issuance, just like digital dollars now. Unlike Bitcoin which requires mathematically neutral Proof of Work for issuance, Bankcoin will be created 'out of nothing' by only the central third party who is in control of it.

Any coin banks create will be able to be frozen and seized at will by the bank(s), just like bank accounts now. Unlike Bitcoin, bank coins will have a kill switch and will exclude many people (or banks) who live in the wrong country or have the wrong name.

There is no incentive for bank A to use the coin of bank B, or vice versa. Each bank will want the others to use the coin that they control. This will lead to many incompatible walled gardens.

Meanwhile, Bitcoin can be used by any person or bank in any country, and works equally well for every person or bank on the network without giving any unfair advantage to any of them. Bankcoins that are created out of nothing with exclusionary policies and kill switches can never have these attributes.

legit as fuck post

bankcoins are a meme

So what if an independent 3rd party (that was still a financial player like Thomson Reuters or something ) created a coin, and issued it to those institutions?

Same thing. All coins that aren't Bitcoin are shit.

Who's complaining? I am stating flat out that bitcoin is not a disruptive technology no matter how much you want it to be. You want bitcoin to be a payment processor? It has only a fraction of the users as Paypal. Their bottom line has not been affected at all by the so called competition of bitcoin. In fact, Paypal had explosive growth last quarter of fucking 28 percent. Holy shit bitcoin sure has disrupted Paypal right? Paypals net payment volume averages more than a billion dollars a day. Paypal did more in its first year than bitcoin ever did in its 7.

Oh you don't want to compare payment processors anymore? That's cool. Maybe you want to compare it to banks since bitcoin is supposedly disruptive to the banking cartel. Fedwire overall transaction volume had had an increase of about 15%/year since 2009. Last year they did an average of about $3 trillion dollars in volume a day. Both Bank of America and Wells Fargo stocks have doubled since 2012. Holy shit bitcoin sure has disrupted banks right? I'm sure they are terrified. Meanwhile bitcoin exchanges continue to get hacked.

You don't want to talk about disruption anymore? That's cool. I wouldn't either. Maybe bitcoin is just new right? They can't change the world in a day! So that means that they are at least making strides in the right direction... right? Eh, not really that either. It's funny that you post "number of transactions" because that is honestly the only bitcoin metric that is steadily increasing. The price is stagnating. Total transaction volume is stagnating. Who really knows what the real numbers are though since the chinese exchanges overinflate and misreport absolutely everything. The bitcoin market in China is probably much worse than the market manipulation going on in their stock exchange. It's no mystery that the chinese control more and more of the bitcoin market now (at more than 90% as of this year). Once they get their hands on shit, all other nations do a collective "nope".

>still fails to see value in bitcoin as an hedge against a cashless society, big whales hiding their money there, and lightning network allowing for a global instant cheaper paypal banking 4 billion unbanked people
>"only transaction volume is going up"
>judges it by its speculative price
>fails to see how technology that delivers trillions in gains always solves problems that aren't obvious contemporarily
Stay poor, you cannot be saved.

Have you considered trying to actually rebut 's points effectively, or is muh doomsday and a solution with no problem all you have?

Would you tell me about the different risk/reward ratios that different institutions employ when position trading?

Literally every commodity is a hedge against a cashless society including ramen noodles. That's not really a great argument. I also never agreed that transaction volume is going up, because it isn't. In fact, transaction volume has a fairly close correlation to price since they are interconnected (in case you didn't get my point let me remind you that price is stagnant, not rising). The "halvening" gimmick could only create so much hype before even that sputtered out.

>trillions in gains
Lolwat. Since you were able to so adeptly calculate gains (which is impossible to do btw) , please tell me how much losses people have incurred. I'll wait.

What sectors do you personally like the best? How do you feel about lithium?

>best ever way to move money outside government
>not an argument
>still a short sighted moron judging market noise
kys

legit thread, nocoiners can't be saved

for how long the status quo is going to be coping with the "blockchain" meme in order to avoid talking about bitcoin's superiority?

You sound very retard

Nocoiners literally BTFO

Also, buy ethereum

>easily transactable
>high

It's easily the most difficult currency to acquire on that list.

What the fuck are you on about? I can buy bitcoins in 20 mins.

Try getting gold or foreign cash in20 min from the comfort of your chair.

Just try it once then you'll lose your fear and become free

People is completely clueless about BTC, just look around. Banks are still trying to figure out how to deal with it.

>Why would this 30 trillion dollars in offshore money move into bitcoin when it can stay where it is?
So they can avoid getting Panama'd, also you can move money around the globe with BTC and spend it without having to convert it into anything else. Any amounts, without limits.
You can literally have a billion dollars in an undetectable USB pendrive and cross any borders. It still blows my mind that this thing exists.

It's so interesting to me how finance is so similar to medicine. Both are industries ripe for disruption that are controlled by various "good old boys clubs". Bloated and centralized. Access and information to the public are limited and highly regulated, to the detriment of public health and finance.

And just like in old school medicine, piece by piece I see the "establishment" realizing shit that everyone else already knows. Has known for years. But they are too slow moving and close-minded to entertain thought experiments, believing that their understanding of their specialty is so well-defined and permanent that any other theories are nonsense.

15 years ago Naturopathic and Holistic doctors were treating patients heavily based on a theory called "Leaky Gut" which mainstream doctors mocked them about, for decades. Outright rejecting it as quackery and saying it doesn't exist. Now you've got mainstream medicine, just in the last 2 years, raving about the "microbiome" and "intestinal permeability". Its the exact same thing, but of course they gave it a new name. Like the banks have done with "block chain". So they wouldn't have to lend credence to people they were formerly calling idiots.

The parallels are noticeable. Just in the sense that arrogant, bloated, old institutions are very similar, and very slow to acknowlege new concepts. And they all need disrupting. Dismantling in fact.

Lmfao. Should have known that a cryptotard would also be an advocate of alternative medicine and holistics. You were the one that drew the parallel and I wholeheartedly agree. There is a reason that a lot of homeopathic remedies are mocked and derided. It is because holistic doctors do not need to be licenced or certified and a lot of them are causing enormous amounts of damage to the health industry by giving false hope in cancer patients who should be taking chemo or radiation therapies and are instead rubbing aloe on themselves and taking ginko biloba supplements. At worst, these homeopathic doctors are outright scam artists.

You speak of regulation when it relates to health care as a bad thing. The FDA is absolutely necessary. On one hand you have enormous amounts of studies, scientific method, clinical trials, and oversight in order to determine the efficacy and safety of drugs and then you have the naturalistic approach which is rarely ever backed by anything but anecdotal evidence ("my aunt swears by it!"). If anything, expirations on drug patents need to be extremely shortened so that life saving drugs can be put it the hands of more people that need it but to say that the drug industry needs to be disrupted and stripped of regulation is stupid.

But yea dude, great parallel. Cryptotards are exactly like holistic medicine nuts. You all trade on gut instinct and feelings rather than hard data and facts. "I just know that bitcoin will become popular one day because... things! I can't really prove why but I sure like bitcoin so other's should too". Meanwhile banks stripped down the useless speculative part of the technology and picked it clean so they might actually find a real use for it. You should be happy that blockchain technology will find the light of day and be utilized rather than wasted on people predominantly trading it back and forth for fiat trying to pilfer each other out of money.

>It's easily the most difficult currency to acquire on that list.
vocaroo.com/i/s0RBoGA1n8as

>It's funny that you post "number of transactions" because that is honestly the only bitcoin metric that is steadily increasing.

just lol

If we just set aside that overly long aspergers rant and its many strawman arguments for a moment, then if we assume the core of your thesis is "Bitcoin is a bad investment because it isn't growing" then it would help if you weren't objectively incorrect.

Is this Tim Swanson?

You guys are going to kill yourselves when you realise you missed out on the biggest revolution since the Internet ,do yourself a favour and buy at least 1 Bitcoin ,put it on a paper wallet,lock it up and forget about it.

We are still in the very early days of Bitcoin ,things are going to get crazy when all the pieces slot into place,10k a coin within 5 years.

Lmfao @ that random line drawn though trade volume as if that is the median. I am glad you finally posted trade volume in the top chart because that is the only metric that really matters and most people would argue that there really is no increase over the last 3 years. It looks pretty damn stagnant to me. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked?

The bottom chart is laughable on many different levels. USD only accounts for a tiny portion of the bitcoin market with most trading done in China. It is also an "estimated" number. Anyone who think it is totally accurate is a dummy.

Not everyone can be saved, and physically we need idiots that don't get it and there will always be, which is why some get rich and some cry.

Low sentience.

This was fucking savage.

Rekekekt
>youtu.be/6BTK50QUqiY

It cannot stay where it is because of OECD Automatic Exchange of Information which marks the end of offshore banking.

Tunnel vision post

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p045wgdl

>but muh cash will not disappear

samenocoiner cope

Biggest bitcoin baller i know is a guy who works as a trader in chicago.

He paid me in bitcoin to move his wifes stuff from knightsbridge to tge south of france.

A multimillionaire.

Seriously if you dont own BTC or other crypto kill yourself

>muh anecdotal evidence
Is it just me or are the bitfags in the uk 10 times more annoying? I can tell you are europoors because you post all hours of the night.

>nocoiners
>current year

The current year is 2016. Maybe get a calender since it's so hard for you to keep track of it?