It's a "catholics pretend they're not all idolaters and pagans" episode

>it's a "catholics pretend they're not all idolaters and pagans" episode

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar_of_Saints_(Lutheran)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Eucharistic adoration is a touch strange.

But the eucharist is the real body and blood of the Son of God. It's not idolatry.

>>>/rel/

I'm pretty sure he was talking about praying to saints and worshipping mary.

Honestly if you ignore all the moral failings of the church and the abuses of authority, the religion itself is a pretty neat extension of Classical paganism. Maybe more emphasis on the female saints and less focus on Mary in particular to replace some of the old goddesses, but that is nitpicking.

>it's a protestants pretend they are christians episode

Praying to the saints is not idolatry. No Catholic, Orthodox, Lutheran or Anglican worships saints. They are venerated. There is a difference.

Mary is never worshipped. Worship is for God alone. She is simply holiest among the saints.

Catholicism and Orthodoxy are in no way an extension of classical paganism. Any similarities present are, at most, superficial. Saints can't do jack shit on their own, even if some catholics believe (wrongly) that they can. They aren't gods.

Lutherans do not pray to saints and Anglicans are LARPers.
You do worship them and Mary.

At that point, people educated in Neoplatonic thought held the same idea. The more concrete lowercase-g gods were subordinate to a much more abstract first principle/prime mover capital-G God, and sometimes even just manifestations of him/it. All Catholicism/Orthodoxy did was downgrade them from lowercase-g gods to humans but kept the part where their powers and activity was a manifestation of the First/Prime.

Have fun in hell, papist heathen.

Some Lutherans do venerate saints.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar_of_Saints_(Lutheran)

How are anglicans LARPers?

>You do worship them and Mary.

Prove it.

>he decided to take his 'christianity' from some german dude who lived 1500 years after christ not the church founded by jesus christ

>Some Lutherans do venerate saints.
I do not contest that, i however know that none of them pray to saints.

>How are anglicans LARPers?
They recognize their church was born of nothing but a divorce and thus treat their church as a social club

>Prove it.
Acts 10:26

And worshiping Luther is any better?

>I do not contest that, i however know that none of them pray to saints.

Factually incorrect.

>They recognize their church was born of nothing but a divorce and thus treat their church as a social club

99% of anglicans are more devout than most of you protestants.

>Acts 10:26

"26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, “Stand up; I too am a man.”

Yep. The saints are human and are not worthy of worship (hence why nobody is telling people to grovel before an Icon of St. Peter or St. Paul, but (perhaps) respectfully venerate it).

Why do Christians pretend that Pagans actually thought a tree was the world tree or that their God was literally in a statue? They then do not seem to understand that by their own standards they are worshipping the saints and idols

>oh yeah these bread and wine is literally the flesh and blood of Christ but it's really a representation
>fuggin heathens they worship a dumb tree it's in way a symbolic representation of their God

Even 2000 years later children poke holes in your theology and there's still compelling problems with the trinity that they resolved by killing everyone off who disagreed

Meme tier indeed

You papists are so brainwashed by your devil church that i really truly do hate you and i understand perfectly why the reformation led to bloodshed

>Why do Christians pretend that Pagans actually thought a tree was the world tree or that their God was literally in a statue?
To justify forceful conversion. You'll often hear them say things like everyone voluntarily abandoned their own religion because Christianity was just that much more objectively spiritually fulfilling. It's all propaganda.

>>oh yeah these bread and wine is literally the flesh and blood of Christ but it's really a representation

It's not a representation you dip. It is the real body and blood.

Prove it.

Google "Catholics worshipping saints/mary/" you will find hundreds of picx of catholics kneeling/bowing to statues and paintings

anglicans are protestants

>it's a "a bunch of Jewish heretics argue with other Jewish heretics over which interpretation of their Jewish God is correct"

Why?
Theology and science work on different levels. Proof is not necessary and diminishes the mystery of the sacrament. I don't care if you take that as us christians being dips. It is what it is.
I didn't find one of anyone bowing before simple icons. I saw one of someone kneeling before the theotokos, but I fail to see the issue in it. She did bear Christ himself in her womb. And even if some do commit that act, they are ought to use the icon/statue as a method by means of which they can pray to the one God.

It's symbolic

Protestants really are hardheaded to not understand the difference between worship and veneration.

Anglicans are generally distinct from other protestants, at-least those anglo catholic and high church.

protestantism is more jewish.

see seventh day denominations observing the jewish day of rest

>it is literally blood and flesh
>prove it
>o-oh well it's not literal it's just spiritual

wew lad

I venerate Zeus, but i don't worship him
t.papist

>worshipping =/= venerating

"Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.”

"“Drink of it, all of you; 28 for this is my blood of the new covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."

You're all a bunch of fucking Jews pretending not to be Jews, just like your Muslim brothers.

Papists are just like Pharisees

It's symbolic of his death and resurrection

>>o-oh well it's not literal it's just spiritual

Using dank memes to diminish an argument just exemplifies how shitty of an argument you have. It is the body and blood. That does not mean we are to apply the scientific method to analyze it.

>“Take, eat; this is my body.”

>this is my blood

>spiritual things can't be literal
what fresh autism is this?

If it is literally the body and blood you should have no trouble proving it.

>which is broken for you

>abrahamic religions shouldn't be similar

t. sadducee

>The woman came and knelt before Him. “Lord, help me!” she said. He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to their dogs.”
Mathew 15:25-26
As we know that Jesus never spoke in parable, analogy or metaphor, from this verse we must conclude that there existed some strange race of talking dog women at the time. What a marvel!

OCA:
>The mystery of the holy Eucharist defies analysis and explanation in purely rational and logical terms. For the eucharist—and Christ Himself—is indeed a mystery of the Kingdom of Heaven which, as Jesus has told us, is “not of this world.” The eucharist—because it belongs to God’s Kingdom—is truly free from the earth-born “logic” of fallen humanity.

This infighting is stupid considering you're all neo-Hebrews.

The various tentacles of your belief system already ruined all of the near east, Europe, and the Americas, are you really going to complain that your exact specific brand of deviant Judaism isn't the predominant one?

"Because Jesus once spoke in metaphor, all other things he said must have been metaphor!"

Why can't we all just get along?

Matthew 4

Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’”

Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

Only the parts that would make no sense taken literally. Like transforming into bread, then separately making it seem like the transformed bread actually just looks like bread.

So in other words you have zero evidence and asking questions is not allowed?

Slave morality at it's finest.

Something doesn't not make sense because you don't understand it, user. The real presence has been attested to by church fathers, theologians, bishops and priests for 2,000 years.

The statements about, "This is my body" are metaphor, a communication technique that he used repeatedly throughout his ministry. When he actually TURNED water into wine, the Bible goes to great pains to let us know that it was actual wine, but in the case of the Lord's supper, it doesn't say at all that the bread was TURNED into actual flesh. That silence is meaningful. If it had become actual flesh, the Bible would have said so.

why do protestants reject transubstantiation yet are willing to believe in young earth creationism?

Because we believe the bible instead of the pope

Out with the old magic, in with the new magic.

>The real presence has been attested to by church fathers, theologians, bishops and priests for 2,000 years.
That's nice. The bible gives no I diction that he was speaking literally and not slipping into metaphor as he often did, to the extent that his disciples were sometimes exasperated by his inability to speak plainly. If it said something like "and it really was his body, so when you do this ritual it is really important to observe the bread transformation" that would be one thing, but it isn't in there.

so anyone who doesn't think the world is 6000 years old isn't a christian?

Personally, i don't know how God created the Earth or how long it took or how long ago it was, and i don't care either. It is literally the least important aspect of the faith to me

oh so you don't take the bible literally?

The 6000 year figure isn't in the Bible, it was a calculation done by a monk. And since the genealogis of Jesus contradict each other anyway, it was probably more intended to show Jesus as the next in a line of biblically important people rather than an actual document detailing genetic relationships.

Kill yourself.

how do protestants reconcile the different accounts of events in the bible if they have to take them all literally?

Are you denying the inerrancy of God's word?

>Protestants are so stupid, they take trans-substantiation metaphorically
>Protestants are so stupid, they take the whole bible literally

Just like the first CHristians

Can you explain this delusional man?

Fuck off you insufferable twat

Cant face the truth?

Also let's see what Paul have to say about the Lord's Supper

Go away spamnigger

By the time of the first Christians there were already "synagogues of Satan." Unsurprising some people were still pagans.

Why do you just insult him instead of just refuting his sources?

Wouldnt that be more fruitful than this current back and forth? + If you refute it we can cap your posts and just use them to shut down this guy whenever he posts his pictures.

I would really like to see if there is a refutation to them

>Catholicism and Orthodoxy are in no way an extension of classical paganism
Really?
YHWH did not come down and say, "thou shalt forsake the Sabbath." SUNday is just that, the day of the Sun.

And don't forget that communion is ritual cannibalism (especially among those who believe in trans substantiation). Christians figuratively (or some believe literally) eat their God.

Just golly
Peace be with you

You mean like the whole Church at the time?

There is zero church fathers that accept protestantism. ZERO

>So in other words you have zero evidence and asking questions is not allowed?
It's called Faith, which you would know if you were even a Christian.
>Slave morality at it's finest.
Go home, Nietzsche. No Christian takes your atheistic nonsense seriously.

They involve wildly jumping to conclusions, no matter how many times you refute him he will continue to spam. It's more fruitful to tell him to piss off. He's been doing this for months.

>there are zero crypto-pagan authorities who accepted real Christianity
Okay?

You never even refute a single one of them with reference to any church father or other academic sources

>spout bullshit
>get called on it
>WAHH IT'S JUST FAITH

wew lad

Can you show me trace or evidence of true christianity in the ante Nicene period?

I am waiting

Christians don't worship men, however every one of your pics has been refuted in the past.

Actually it has not

Stay mad loser

Practices described in scripture plus about half the list of sects described as heretical and persecuted by the Catholic Church.

>being this hard in denial

How old are you?

So the Docetists, Gnostics, Arians and all the other heterodox groups are the true christian?

>half

You can't even Point out academic sources or church fathers that opposes what i posted

NOT ONCE. And any attempt at making the Church Fathers Protestant is easily shown to be false

Show me an ante Nicene sect that believes in your bullshit

I am waiting

No, probably about half of them, and each individually could only percieve a small piece of the elephant. Even the modern Christian sects have the same problem. But at least they are trying, whereas the Catholic and to a lesser extent the Orthodox don't even do that.

I don't worship men

The last time I checked, it's you guys that don't do that.

Following your logic I can say there's a Christian sect that believes that shit must be used in the Eucharist contra academic discussion and research

Why can't the religion be simplified to simply worship of God alone. Removal of saints and power of the church. What prevents this besides the greed of the clergy?

Thank you for proving my point

REAL HISTORY HURTS

We seen how that leads to Atheism

Sunday isn't the sabbath you dip, and gentiles were never obliged to keep it. Sunday is the day of the resurrection.

>there's a Christian sect that believes that shit must be used in the Eucharist
Is there?

Catholicism was NOT the original Church, and was formed by a compromise between Sun Worship(Mithras) and Christianity.

It took John Calvins glorious understanding of the unity of the Triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and showed how that worked itself out in electing, redeeming, and sanctifying love and grace in the lives of believers.

This website is 18+ only