/twg/ - Total War General

BTFO edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ASj81daun5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=VbdTeKo14Jw
youtube.com/watch?v=yhgS45l19XA
youtube.com/watch?v=el93MIxAf-c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SUMMON

DELETE THIS

Ahhh /twg/… the eternal general

I'll look at it today. My little brother is collapsed in the hospital but I don't have the ability to see him. He can't afford medical insurance so might lose his house; my older sister is vanished and possibly suicide, possibly simply ran off to Mexico. These things are normal in my life, adding to the "you're living in a soap opera, but its not quite real, nothing is" sense of frustration. I feel like my purpose is to finish this that I started 35 years ago, so I can die, after which I'll be sent to hell, probably to wake up inside someone else's scripted world, much like you're stuck in mine. I'm relatively young, at age 55, but with no prospects for work and no real future. I can't believe in God as the old testament has him, as the paradigm of solving society's problems by Hitler's ovens seems the antithesis of all God actually stands for. Thus my personal blend of religion severs Christ from the old testament, in that hell is something imposed on political prisoners and prisoners of conscience, or otherwise the Quislings that would pitch their neighbors to be burnt, like sonderkommando (imprisoned Jews in the deathcamps) operate the gas chambers and ovens. This to me is the church where each person hears how the sinners should be burnt -- and of course they too are sinners. So to me, the true church is one that seeks God unchained from such paradigms - it is this clinging to the past that seperates us from God. I think of things like this each night and wake up further from happiness; such a dark outlook I have. I have no hope. I expect the worst from people. I wonder if when we eat meat these are people recast into a form as punishment, since even God is ashamed of hurting people, but does as he is commanded by his clients, the good computer he is. Anyway, how is your day?

EDIT: and my younger brother recovered and was released after 5 days. My OLDER brother has a birthday, but he's homeless so I'll not get to write or talk to him.

I just bought Attila because summer sale. How big of a mistake have I made?

POST PROPPA FOIGHTS

YOU IS MUCKIN' ABOUT

AAAAAAAAAAH!!!
Every FUCKING day with these STUPID fucking MEMES! I've had it up to HERE with stupid fucking memes! You guys make me want to KILL MYSELF! Is that what you fucking want? For me to fucking KILL MYSELF and write on my suicide note "Cause of suicide: Couldn't handle all of the stupid fucking memes, killed myself"? Because that's what it might as well fucking say!
You guys are literally, L I T E R A L L Y incapable of having even the SIMPLEST of fucking discussion without "MEME THIS, MEME THAT, PROBABLY PONTUS, HERE'S A POORLY SHOPPED PIC OF EPIC FAIL ANTIOCHUS FUCKING UP, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EBIN AMIRITE?" Fucking STOP IT you pathetic fucking FAGGOTS, you are such fucking cancer that I cannot even fathom how you fucking scumbags live your dumb gay lives. Don't you have a job to get to, schoolwork to finish or a family to attend to? Do you literally do ANYTHING productive with your lives other than post stupid fucking memes? You fucking people make me sick and you're damn lucky I don't have any of your fucking addresses you fucking pieces of shits. I'd spit in your faces.

DAS A PROPA FOIGHT BOY
DA BOSS SAYS ITS DA BEST OF DEM ALL
YOU IS LUCKY

Why don't Orcs get their own Goblin-y Steam Tanks?

>Orc steam tanks

Radious is that you?

CHING CHONG DING LING DING

SHAMEFURU DISPRAY

How should I build my Empire armies in mid/lategame?

Replace all swords with gr8sowrds? How many HALBERDEERS do I use? How much cheese cav? And are handgunners really that better than crossbows?

Bellatorius Victorialiiiiis
erastus necessitas

>audiomachine and TSFH
are they any good?

Also, this image with the UI in case you wondered what the fuck was going on

I just like to go for a balanced force, end game with high end units, always a place for halberdeers though, they're doing great

*makes the going to /gsg/ post*
*does the >playing on not-ultra post*
*posts picture of vampire chan*
*roleplays an orc*
*complains about how fantasy fags killed /twg/*
*complains about how history fags killed /twg/(?)*
*sigvalds good*
*posts a cap of dwarfs killing 7000 zombies*
*comments on being a trve understander*
*rhetorically asks why pontus was added*
*complains about someone who posted a caps graphics quality*
*summons the elector counts*
*complains about an anime reaction image*
*posts an obscure screencap from a gunpowder /twg/ and never elaborate on context*
*asks when tomb kings will be added*
*makes "we wuz tomb kangz" joke*
*asks what the most reddit faction is*
*asks what mod*
*radious mod*

TSFH are great but really repetitive, one of the two guys that write the music is keen on the LOUD IS BEST rule, which conflicts with the other guy (Bergerson) who has some talent and writes stuff that doesn't just exist to deafen you.

youtube.com/watch?v=ASj81daun5Q (DRUMS, LOUD IS BEST, Nick Pheonix)
youtube.com/watch?v=VbdTeKo14Jw (Bergerson, still trailershit, but much more interesting).

Audiomachine is similar and suffers from the same issue (Who would have thought two companies that produce trailer music would get repetitive?), and they use a lot more violins and softer instruments, so it doesn't burn you out straight away like TSFH.

youtube.com/watch?v=yhgS45l19XA

The examples I linked get across my point fairly well. Lots of people seem to make 1 hour mixes of this kind of music, all from different artists, so if it interests you I'd recommend just flicking through some and finding something you like.

newfag here
what actually is the Radious mod? you guys scared me away from even touching it, am I getting meme'd?

I'm on day 7 of nofap and I can't take it anymore, I'm about to fucking explode, getting wet dreams for the past couple days.

There have been numerous undisputable masterpieces in total war modding, such as the strikingly realistic classic Europa Barbarorum or its medieval counterpart Stainless Steel. Radious mod will not join their ranks; its surface is too generic, its presentation too provocative and its messages too obscure. Its take on the abysmal is an illumination in one person’s despair, but a paroxysm of another’s perversion. It will remain underground – treasured by the most avant-garde among intellectuals for its edifying if horrifying insight into the fundaments of human morality. Philistines and self-proclaimed critics alike will shun Radious mod, but you can’t fault them for that. It takes wisdom to appreciate its subtleties, and courage to side with the unpopular opinion. Sed domi maneas paresque nobis novem continuas fututiones.

Superficially, Radious mod appears to be a mod which caters to the most proletarian among men; aloof critics dismiss it as such often without a second thought. As complacent as these self-proclaimed "understanders of strategy" are, they fail to realize that Radious mod is a cult classic, a chef d'oeuvrea buried under false preconceptions and unfounded criticism. This gem is hidden because it does not shine; it is buried because its tone is that of abyssal black. Radious mod pries into to the darkest corners of our subconscious, the most visceral of our cognition, the most carnal of our urges, and the most primal of our instincts.

As brilliantly put by Cattalus, "Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo"; to describe the artistic qualia of Radious mod would be to describe music to the deaf, color to the blind or beauty to the philistine. The painting speaks for itself, and it is up to the player to fully absorb its depth. Its sublimity will ever be debated yet always remain objectively irrefutable; the fundamental insight it provides into human and perhaps animalistic nature may shape the basis of Total War modding for centuries to come.

Radious is just plain shit, never use it for any game.

"Which TW Do I Buy" user here from last thread, just found out I already had Medieval 2 from a Humble Bundle -- who fucking knew?

Resolved to pick up Kingdoms for it, probably passing on Empire (but I can't tear my mind away from the historical shenanigans I would wreak).

Cleared up the R2/Atilla fiasco for me fast there, thank you. All I knew about both of them was the immense shitstorm upon release. Now that I'm looking deeper, it sounds like people are finally satisfied with the two.

With that, and seeing the sale price for Atilla ($11), I think I'm just gonna go for it. Shogun 2 blew my mind and this seems like the closest I'll get, and I'll have M2+K for the odd urges.

That said, any essential DLC I should be worried about before buying?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

kingdoms of sand and Charlemagne are the "crucial" ones. vanillas great as well anyways.

I like celts as well

i used it in every game and enjoyed it.

Are quests supposed to work in co-op campaign for TWWH?

>people are freaking out over archaeon invading the lands, the apocalypse
>still a fantasy setting
>people were saying that attila was one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse
>he was to bring the end of the world
>he was a real person
>attila the everchosen when

youtube.com/watch?v=el93MIxAf-c

I hope you renamed your general Batman

nobody cares

Alright fuckers, time to do the thing you've all been talking about. I'm doing the Fall of the Samurai traditional units only run.

What mods do I use, and what do I consider traditional? Do matchlock samurai and ashigaru count? Sabre cav wears a uniform but isn't exactly doing anything particularly new to the japs, can I use them? What kind of ships can I use? Do I refrain from upgrading past tier 2 tech to keep my generals traditional, or set even more/less limits? What else should I consider before I start?

i do

>that guy on the right

Well, if the 3 had to fight he'd be the last one standing

I care.

I do

>Crossover: Total War released

>Radious' literal wet dream
>Chaos White Hun Carbine Cavalry [Heavy Artillery]

I guess you firmly believe that the huns were turkic too, huh?

i care

lol memes xD

Wtf are you even talking about you tard?

>Wtf

Honestly as the VC I found the Chaos invasion sort of lackluster. I could match their monsters with my own and Manny could solo just about anything he looked at.

Matchlock samurai would imo count but they're absolute trash so I'm not really sure why you'd bother. When you say 'matchlock ashigaru' do you mean levy infantry? If so, then I would say that they don't really count, no. They seem too 'industrial' a unit to really be traditional. Sabre cavalry is not traditional as they use sabres rather than the glorious katana.
I'm not really sure you CAN have a navy. It depends on how puritanical you are being about the whole 'traditional' thing, but FOTS navies are universally pretty modern. Foreign Affairs is a tier 2 tech, right? If so, I would consider allowing yourself a very limited supply of modern soldiers and ships to represent the frogs lending you military assistance. But that might be too shamful for you, I suppose.

I aporogize for the potato quality.

We are hoping for a late summer release.

vanilla attila architecture or?

BASED

thanks for the update
I can't wait

my dick goes doki doki

Faction line-up looks great.

>play Huns in FotE
>get buttfucked so art I start a playthrough as ERE and buttfuck everyone who buttfucked my huns

First release will be mostly attila but we'll at least change the textures to white brick and shit to make it look more like the period. CA are finally fixing their map tool so eventually we will have custom battle maps.

Why do orcs have such shite morale. I thought they were supposed to be fearless, not pussies like gobbos

They love to battle, doesn't mean they won't start running

Anyway keep your general close and get bellower

They're fearless when they outnumber the enemy and aren't getting their shit pushed in.

>at war with shwartzhafen as dorfs
>they send an army deep into the badlands to raid against the inner settlements where I traded walls for economy
epic
simply epic

So they're sandniggers?

Has there been any news on DLC or patches yet?

It best be something better than Bretonia for this long wait.

Starting to get bored of the game, it needs more factions to make it more dynamic.

Thinking about starting another Attila campaign, who is fun to play as. I have already beat it with a nordic faction, how are the brits?

Picts were a ton of fun for me.

>start as Huns again
>Alans declare war on my subject
OK lets go
>Alans start the game with T3 cataphracts
>their horse archers are vastly superior to mine and beat them 1v2
>get thorougly buttblasted

Orcs are a bit more pragmatic than that.

It's summer user, what did you expect?

>giving up walls for economy

You deserved everything they did to you.

Worse. football hooligans

>getting outmaneuvered by my mom's daughters fathers literal vampire count subfactions AI

>fighting an entire army of celtic skirmishers

jesus christ i'm glad i had four units of cav

*lays siege to their hovels*
*comes, sits and shares your fire*
*throat singing*

RADIOUBS :DDDD

>Grudgecarving intensifies.

I don't know man, not sure if you have enough artillery there.

t. the AI

Appropriate title on that dwarf

That's a real umgi opinion you got there m8.

Most days I'm optimistic enough that this couldn't possibly be teh case.

Fuck Romans.

IT'S BEEN MORE THAN A MONTH CA WHERE'S MY FUCKING PATCH?

It's coming out this week

Woah shit. Is he dead? Story?

2 questions

How do I play orcs? They are fun but I can't get cities to behave long enough to waaaaagggghhh.

Whats the best place for mods? I need to paint the map

yesterday

1. Let a province revolt while Grimgor or Azhag are around.
2. Shit on the rebels.
3. Use the money you pillage from their buttholes to buy the province a boss tent.

What ranged units should I be using in Attila? Mix or mostly bows/slingers or crossbows?

depends on what point of the game you're in i.e. early/mid/late
who you are
who you're facing
what their army is composed of
what the rest of your army is composed of

Has War hammer TW been pirated anywhere yet?

No

>Is he dead?
No, just pretending. Sly Roman cunt.

On a related note, GOD DAMN I LOVE GERMANIC ARCHERS. That extra 50 range (and +20% from Tradition in this case) makes a huge difference in their usefulness.

RIP in peace slayers who held the side gate to the last when the chaos giant broke through. You held long enough for the irondrakes to send that pile of filth to hell. May you rest easy cleared of your shame.

>Wrong green

Oh the ironknee

That's a lot of throwers

There's a lot of grudges.

KING OF THE NORTH

4 U

Chaos umgi filth aren't going to just get crushed under boulders themselves, you know.

I'd like to note that Furgil's army here was made as a reaction when I realized the only empire faction to survive chaos this campaign was Marienburg.

How much easier is the ERE to play? I only tried WRE so far and did decent-ish up until Attila showed up.

>Archaon still alive

SETTLE IT

>Playing Empire
>Go to Bastonne to open up the Bret trade market via invasion
>Come back a few turns later
>Marienburg has taken two Middenland and one Nordland town

FUCKING HELL BORIS

CAN'T YOU DO ANYTHING RIGHT

Actually pretty happy about this, since when Marienburg spreads out, it makes catching their army in open battle much easier.

>can't sleep
>sun's coming up
>don't feel like playing TW
>actually sit here and listening to lessons on how to read and write arabic
>will have zero practical use for it

Is this rock bottom? Did I finally hit it?