/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General #20

Previous thread: The closet is for Dwights only edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE (embed) (embed)
Pastebin with peek at what's in the full release in terms of levels: pastebin.com/FE58REXD (embed) (embed)

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

>Latest Patch Notes (June 17 / v1.0.1)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206084790905/

>Update from the devs (June 21)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206100588165/

I hope they fix a lot of bugs that are still in the game.

The game started with only three survivors, I sac one and then down another. But I can't pick him up. I literally cannot grab the guy.

I spin around on top of him and then let him crawl away.

I cannot find the other fellow so I run back to downed dude, find him spinning in front of a closet.

I'm a dullard so I spin around on top of him, spamming space bar.

And what do I get? I space bar'd on the closet accidentally and the fucking Dwight is inside it.

I hook him up, he attempts escape and goes bye bye and then the other one bleeds out.

I lost a pip because of a glitch and someone not connecting.

:(

Remember, until disconnecting is fixed, d/c on all wraith who have the gall to exploit BP with bell spam.

Is it okay if I do it 1-2 times just for some cheeky points but then run away?
Is it okay if I spam it if someone has dc'd before you for no good reason?

but the bell spam is pretty much a free save...?

Don't try to reason with him. He posts his butthurt in every thread.

The Wraith is the most balanced killer in the game.
Prove me wrong.

Nigga we just want that fov perk on our trapper so we can go back to tryharding leave us alone.

>Juke wraith on windows
>Disconnect's
>It's a brony
>Comments on profile say he is a closet camper

7/10 would make him ragequit again.

No, because the wraith just body blocks while he does it.
>Shitty wraith babby trying to justify his faggotry every thread.

I encountered someone who was named "dc on hook". And he did.

Not that hard, senpai. It gives you a 5-10 second window after coming out.

Holy shit, please PLEASE do this

I would love to watch you shame fuccbois

What is a closet camper?

I played against someone named "DC = Hook" and it didn't.

Nice guy.

Someone who camps in closets all game waiting for you to do all the work so they can just escape

But they get no points that way tho?

A closet camper is.. literally just that. Closet camping all game until everyone else dies so they can find the escape hatch.

And DC = Hook is NOT a nice guy. Which one of his friends are you? Catapault or whatever?

They might get maxed bold points if they were on the basement for a very long time

Case in point.

post yfw hooked but killer is nowhere near you and teammates keep doing generators

what kind of dumbass gets hit by a wraith less than 10 seconds after he comes out of invis?

I tend to stick to a generator after someone is hooked unless I see the killer leaving or if another teammate is injured/being chased. Killer is probably going to chase after them for a bit, hell he might even let someone get unhooked so he can get more points

8/15 in one game

Alright yeah I guess it's pretty easy

Also am I the only one who spams M2 to make music? I like having the survivors hear the opening bit of Funky Town for some reason

Can't wait for all these disconnecting faggots to stop playing.

It's like you never played the game before. Do you not see your retarded teammates dropping like flies after the BINGBONG?
I have pulled people off generators after decloaking, shit is ridiculous

>Claudette pulls killer near me so she can get away
>Be hit, about to get hit a second time
>Killer teleported away
>Read about this glitch so i know what happened
>Laugh hysterically

Anyone would d/c if he got teleported outside the map of course but it saved my ass.

Nah, they'll just start hacking. Expect to never find survivors as the killer and to be instantly found after 10 seconds as the survivor.

>hooked and the killer is camping
>other survivor is right around the corner
>doesn't have the brains to go do a gen
>doesn't have the balls to go for the unhook
>just fucking sits there being indecisive and useless

>that wonderful feeling when you plant 4 traps around the hatch and it actually works

Fuck off

I play Wraith most of the time and it's just fucking ridiculous, some people don't even fucking run until they get hit.
I even did an experiment once, I was just standing behind the guy doing generator and started spamming the bell without actually uncloaking, it took him like a fucking minute before he noticed and ran away.
Most of people playing the game are retarded as fuck, the rest are either tryhards that disconnect as soon as killer downs them or people that can actually use their brain and play for fun but there is barely any of those people.

>Carrying a survivor
>Hear flashlight clicking noises
>Behind you

we need more oc for op pics

I hope they remove the ability to destroy bear traps. Quickly disarming them is one thing, and quite nice, but complete removal from play is broken. Where are the perks that let you prevent a wraith from cloaking?

>open exit gate
>go back for hooked survivor
>none of us are dead yet
>unhook guy and lead the killer away
>get hooked myself
>other 2 guys are just sitting by the exit gate on the other side of the map
>guy I saved comes back for me while injured
>gets me down by gets redowned
>killer chases me and downs me
>other 2 are still just sitting on their asses
>get hooked and die
>then they exit

I get not wanting to help, but why the hell would you wait by the exit if you weren't planning on doing anything?

Waiting for the killer to show up so they can get some more boldness points.

>Game starts
>Massive rubberbanding
>Juke killer
>Rubberband to a closet instead of going through the window
>See him run through his own trap without being stuck in it
>Alt+F4

Dont play killer if you have africanet.

Am I the only one who can't get the sacrifice all 4 survivors in a single match to pop

I've done it more than a few times

Then again I'm getting +2500 for 'no one escaped' even though someone did so fuck me I guess

That's what I thought, except they left as soon as I died while the killer was still next to me.

>carrying survivor
>another jumps in front of me and waves his fruity little wand at me
>turn slightly and drop the survivor
>other guy stares at me in horror still trying to blind me while I charge him
>plant machete in his face
>chuckle as he limps off into the distance

>max out Dwight's perks
>teach them to someone else
>use Dwight perks on Jake
Nobody will suspect a thing

Jakes go on the hook first.

What hooks :^)

The one in the basement, because I have Iron Grasp and Agitation.

:^(

>Dwight gets hooked, Wraith is bellspamming him
>Alright well this'll be easy
>He decides to turn around at the absolute last second despite standing stock still for over ten right in front of him and hits me
>Whatever I'll tank the hit
>Dwight immediately fucking alt-f4s the second I get into position to free him

Lesson fucking learned. Never again.

>Wraith sees me
>Get hit even though he was far away from me for some reason
>Juke him eventually
>Later on i open the gate and wait for him
>Shine my flashlight in his face while he screams
>Escape

I fucking love hearing that noise, this is my favorite thing to do as a killer.
>Oh no, not the flashlight! Anything but the flashlight!

Losing pips when you activated 2 generators solo and had nobody to help because the killer was garbage and escaped feels fucking wrong.

This Wraith I just fought had fucking Insidious and Distressing.

Why even

unhooking someone counts as an 'interaction' right? so if the killer catches you doing that he can put you on his shoulder without having to hit you twice?

yep

Yup

Any word on that update?

My sides... The killer DCd immediately.

Remember, until cheat saving is fixed, keep doing it as it harms no one and if the playerbase is accepting of DCers, it has no reason to be against savescumming

>Notice Dwight working on a generator
>It's a Trapper round
>Well, if he's on the generator it must be safe
>Sprint up to it
>There was a trap on the opposite side of the generator from where dwight is, so close you could repair from there
>Dwight just sits there working on the generator as I struggle out of the bear trap
>I get out just as he finishes and heal myself
>The only reason the Trapper didn't come and kill us both is that he was busy with another guy nearby

Fucking Dwight. What the fuck is wrong with the people who play him? And somehow with this level of stupidity we all made it out alive.

I don't fucking blame him

kys

Nah. If you people are going to brag and have no remorse for doing something 10 times worse, why should I?

Fair is fair, user.

im not dcing and im not savescumming. again, kys

>It's acceptable to DC on killers to save your stats and ruin killers stats
>It's unacceptable for killer to make a backup of his saves to save his stats while harming no one else
Don't be dumb

I don't recall ever seeing a games community become this toxic this fast.

It's scary. Is the community toxic because it's a broken game, or is the entirety of video game communities turning into a cesspool of shite?

Anyone else get a bug where you can't see the hooked person?

Just had the weirdest match i have ever played

>Gigantic rubberbanding but only when in a certain radius of the killer
>Could easily hide way before the killer was even near me

Thanks portugese ISP.

>wraith bodyblocks the hook while bingbonging for points

The only acceptable d/c in my opinion. Camping hooks is one thing but bodyblocking them while farming 8k points is horseshit

It's a bit of both, but at the end of the day humans act according to incentives. If you make a broken game and refuse to fix it people will adjust to the brokenness as normalcy.

Do you really think anyone with africanet has much of a brain?

AROUND DWIGHT

see

what is bellspamming and why does it work?

Just struggle and get sacrificed. You got caught you already lost.

It's something self healing Claudette's cry about when get grabbed mid vault.

>playing survivor
>2 insta dc when shouldered
>the other one just alt+f4s can't blame him
>see if the killer wants to mutual farm so we get something out of it
>stand in corner crouch spamming
>he beelines me and attacks me like a gorilla
>we both leave with under 7k

This is high rank play.

it's a game revolving around some convenient possibilities of fucking people over while benefiting yourself, exploits and all the asshole behavior are probably par for the course.

>Retardbilly match on Coal Tower
>He spends 3 or 4 minutes trying to catch me in the house of windows
>Ragequits when he realises my teammates grabbed 4/5 generators in that time

>Muh point farming
Fuck off, not everyone wants to sit around for 20 minutes dicking around

>killer is camping hook
>he is trapper

how stupid do you have to be?

I saw this one trapper who was able to plant two traps under the hook right next to eachother in such a way that you could get them off the hook without dismantling the traps but once you do so both the victim and saviour get trapped. I haven't been able to pull it off.

yea one to the right and one to the left

He put one behind the other and it worked.

It's a good thing ranks amount to shit. He probably just wanted to move on to the next game and get paired up with survivors who aren't total wastes of space.

Does standing on top of the hatch have a chance of blocking survivor from using it? Had a camouflaged wraith doing it but I got through just fine.

Should i pick Meg or Jake for a second survivor? I already got Claudette to 40. So it's basically points vs survival.

jake for ez points

Yea i agree. Should i just use Claudette to farm points and level up Jake up until he has 3-4 perks?

so Meg is third best? what does Meg have going for her besides being the cutest

Speed burst, I believe.

Meg is the second best. Jake is only good in the sense that he can go around farming boldness points without actually having to be any good at the game.

the amount of times I've heard the wraith bing bong and then see the survivor status indicator change someone's status to 'injured' immediately after is fucking hilarious
keep an eye out for it; people with literally zero situational awareness are more common than you think

I WAS SO CLOSE IT'S NOT FAIR

>Open exit gate
>Get ready to mess with killer for a second for just a few extra points before I book it because I messed up a few times that round
>Phone starts ringing
>Faced with a dilemma
>Decide to just run out the exit and answer phone
>Sister calling to tell me our mom went to the doctor today and has thyroid cancer

It's like getting punched in the gut then shot in the balls.

>rank 20
>caring

>Guys adds me after game
>Long ass fucking game because he was hiding the entire time
>Oh boy time for rage
>"Hey sorry, I glitched into a rock and I was trying to signal you with my flashlight hahaha"
>He's a nice guy

I was wrong!

The general looks like it's gotten a lot slower, but the game still has upwards of 10k people playing during the day.

The game seems super fun and I like the whole concept, but is it worth the 18 bucks? It seems like people pussing out/disconnecting is commonplace and I could see that getting extremely frustrating in no time.

is worth. dcing will be patched

Just trying to rank up at all friend. I keep having good rounds then once I get at least close-ish I have a horrible or last minute gone wrong round.

Does spine chill work behind line of sight?

>tfw that's me

Just fucking get it god damn.

Literally the most fun I've had with a game in quite a while. Yes people d/c sometimes, yes cheap shit happens, sometimes you get unlucky. Just get better, learn from mistakes, don't worry about the d/c'ers, just have fun and git gud.

Yes.