/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Witness me! Edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc.
live.warthunder.com/

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Teamspeak
ts.gonnahate.org

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units - OUTDATED -
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs

Other urls found in this thread:

warthunder.com/en/game/changelog/current/594/
youtu.be/r7lglchYNew
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ded

anyone else having issues where your tank is just bouncing around uncontrollably and you can't get a clear shot? I'd like to say it's a ping related issue but I have a ping of 95 and a PL of 0%.

Which tank? And yeah, sometimes, if I'm against a wall or a tree. Make sure you aren't touching anything like that, otherwise glitching will cause you to bounce

any tank
it just happens
and I'm not even touching
it's probably just gaijin's fucking retarded coding

>singelhandedly pulling this team along
>wondering how I've gotten a team so fucking incompetent
>finally killed by a Tiger II
>spawn in
>drive forwards
>sniped by a Tiger sitting fucking miles behind our spawn

when shit like this happens and I die because the team is jerking off I just inflict as much damage as I can to teammates after I respawn

>people whine about poor ATGM accuracy
>some guy threads the needle over a kilometer out 3 times in a row
fucking ATGMshitters
the new naziboos

>get APDS for T-54 1949
>instantly go bankrupt
but russian bias lmao xD

Spoiler warning: The sun was fucking glaring on the enemy teams side. Completely unrelated to the fact we lost (((((

>shoot out cent cannon breech entirely
>he fires back at me and kills me 3 seconds later
what is this bullshit

>A bug when a player’s aircraft received considerable or even critical damage caused by its own bombs if the aircraft was on the fringes of fragment distribution has been fixed.

Haha, time to resume CLOSE air support.

Tbh I just used 2s delay on bomb fuse and still got the kill every time, without blowing myself up

>I DON'T WANT TO SET THE WORLD ON FIRE
>I JUST WANT TO START
>A FLAME IN YOUR HEART

nice bloge
where do I unsubscribe
also,
>bombs actually have been fixed
braise gayjob

I just noticed how terrible the tree-ground merging is

>where do I unsubscribe
you don't, welcome to DI0's wild ride

who /whitecismaleandproud/ here

>in Do-217 trying to bomb fags on the ground
>typhoon comes up
>opens fire for literally 5 miliseconds
>plane simply detonates
wow
so fair amirite

I wouldn't say I'm proud, as it's not something anyone should give half a fuck about

>get hit by a burst of quad 20 mm cannons
>I should be perfectly fine

>T-54 1951 requires an extra 200k RP to become combat-effective after you've already grinded the 380k thing
lmao
why is T5 so retarded
problem is this literally never happens with MG 151s, ShVAKs, or jap 20s. only hispanos and AN/M2s.

>this literally never happens with MG 151s
we aren't playing the same game

>we aren't playing the same game
MG 151s are shit compared to hispanos
MG 151 feels like a spitball launcher
Hispano feels like a 37mm

>MG 151s are shit compared to hispanos
They feel worse, but they don't feel like shit.

>it's a "every gun has been nerfed except Hispanos, muh bong bias" episode

yup we aren't playing the same game

minengeschoss blows hispano air targets belt out of the water

Oh god don't tell me you're that user from the previous thread who rattled off the construction methods of the minengeschoss in real life as evidence that it's better in game

Oh you're the same user who thinks that hispanos are literally god tier from the last thread

well let me give you a history lesson on MG 151s and German cannons in this game

for fucking years, German pilots were whining that their cannons did nothing, continually shitting up the forums, reddit and the game about minengeschoss rounds

eventually Gaijin got round to fixing german cannons, which turned them into mince-making death lasers. naziboos were satisfied, nothing's been changed since.

do you know how I know you're full of shit about the MG151s, even without having to play a game with them? because if gaijin had even TOUCHED those damn rounds, naziboos would scream up and down the ends of the earth about it.

Or, continue believing that you're the one person who's seen through the matrix and the MG151s truly are shit and hispanos are gods own creation

probably is
dumbass doesn't know that real life doesn't pertain to how WT damage is calculated, and how anyone with a brain already knows gaijin gives only the best of the best to their beloved britain.

>he thinks naziboos are the whiniest
naziboos are just stupid
burgers are by far the whiniest
if naziboos were the whiniest and always got their way, the MK 103 and 108 wouldn't be such shit guns and would have way higher damage.

Didn't

read

any

of

that

lol

what did they do to sim view controls? I can't look around with gamepad now. halp

>naziboos are just stupid
>burgers are by far the whiniest
and I'm the queen of england

>P-47 at 3.7
>P-51 at 4.7
>constant whining about muh bombers
>burgers aren't the whiniest

hey bethy wassup girl you wanna hang out l8er or do you just want sum of this mandingos bbc rn

the difference is Gaijin balances those because of player stats, in other words the average mustang and thunderbolt pilot is retarded enough for it to be at that rating

if what you said really were true, then Gaijin would've added the P-51H, F8F-2, F4U-4, F-84 Thunderscreech and a non-premium P-47M/N, along with a lot of other planes I'm probably forgetting. not to mention the abysmal state of US ground forces

And this is all still just air whining. If I have to hear one more burger complain about tigers I'll renounce my US citizenship.

>5 planes of my team in the area
>AAA targets me and exclusively me
>one hit pulverizes my cooling, engine dead within 30 seconds
>it wasn't even airfield AAA
Thanks for reminding me why I don't play this fucking game anymore

reminder that naziboo shits whined the 229 back down to 7.0 BR while the vampire, Mk3 Meteor and F-80 still have to fight MiG-17s

>le hispanos are OP xD
7 hits on a Ta-152, nothing more than "hit +1" and a bit of smoke

Yes you poor dear little darling, sparking is something that literally only happens to you, ever.

Way to miss the point lad

okay anglofag
just conveniently ignore the suffering the MiG-9 has to deal with at 8.0

I hope boredom dies

Reminder that while both sides get fucked in the ass by the 8.0-9.0 matchmaking, Russia still has it somewhat easier
>Russian/German 9.0s: all swept wings
>Burger/Bong 9.0s: includes non-competitive planes like F9Fs, also Meteor F8 and Venom which are good but not on the same level as fucking MiG-15bis/MiG-17
Which means the whole 9.0 part of an allied team could be F9Fs, while the Russians are guaranteed to always have at least a few MiGs

why is the venom 9.0 again? it's literally only slightly better than a vampire.

>F9Fs, also Meteor F8 and Venom
>this is what they truly believe
>non competitive

l m
a

O

this is operating under the assumption that quantitative matchmaking works in the first place, which it doesn't

If only triahx and fagate would follow suit

Changelog of the latest update:
warthunder.com/en/game/changelog/current/594/

why are sweep wings better than reverse sweep wings or straight wings? Hawks glide around with straight wings basically.

When will they hurry up with ships. This game won't last another year.

Is that actually a serious question, I kinda can't tell?

Made a chieftan tank yesterday, my 3rd ever model too, what do you think?

Reverse swept wings have different stall properties, iirc the stall starts from the root of the wings rather than the tips? meaning you have greater stall control. on the other hand it also produces a lot of weird latitudinal stresses I think, basically means the wings have a pretty good risk of completely snapping in half if they aren't made of really durable shit

fuck off junko

who?

how much was it, was it hard?

i just love this "the game we play is dead" mentality everyone on Veeky Forums has
people have said this since the beginning

Swept wings are better because something about drag at transonic speeds

like as you approach the speed of sound, drag increases massively and swept wings can mitigate that

what if we make it of diamond, the hardest metal on earth?

It was about £19 and i wouldnt say hard, but fiddly as fuck, especially the tracks, as they move realistically on the wheels and suspension as they are all free moving too

coke can for size ref

>metal
that got a kek out of me

it's been literally years since I last saw that b8

It's not dead just stagnating. I'm still amazed at how much more popular WoT is.

well one of the materials usually mentioned is carbon fibre

so pretty close

>hawks glide with straight wings
Yeah, they glide. If they want to go fast, they sweep their wings youtu.be/r7lglchYNew

>warthunder.com/en/game/changelog/current/594/

>bombers now get an even higher airspawn

funny how it was basically discovered completely by accident

the 262s wings were swept for easier access to the engine pods or center of gravity or some shit

turns out it rather helped approaching the transonic region, which the allies happily used and applied to the Sabre, Hunter, MiG-15 etc.

What did you use to paint it? I only made one model so far (109 G10) and while everything else was maybe ok, I completely fucked up the paiting. And how much harder is to make a tank compared to a plane? I might pick up KPZ-70 if it exists, I love that thing

yes????

didn't they already spawn at 4500 m?

Its not painted, and honestly im scared to paint it cause putting it together is one thing, but im not great at painting, luckily the base colour looks fairly ok so i may just keep it how it is.

also making the tank was fairly easy, compared to the fiddly tiny plane bits

Woah, if we do that, we may give it time-travel capabilities, so it could go back to 2008 when that meme was relevant!

kek what
alexander lippisch had them on the Me-163 because they were aerodynamically better for high speeds

im pretty sure your cromwell is not scaled properly

it was a small tank

>btfo guy 2x in a row
>he spouts this
can't quite tell if he's cussing me out, I don't see any textbook slav swear words

I dont believe it was that small

>cocoa butter formula
>softens smoothes

fucking trap
I knew it was you, junko
quit blogging and fuck off

Its a 1:72 scale kit, while the chieftan is somewhere neat 1:32 i think

Also it's not what you think ok

how do i fly the A-5 sabre?

dont

tell us junko, what is it then?

>try to play arcade AF to grind some planes
>it's yet another map of winding mountain canyons with fog as dense as soup
Why do they do this. Who do they think this is fun for

for real who the hell is junko

Where do you guys buy models? Are there brand names i should avoid? I wanna make a king tiger.

does it actually move on the tracks if you push or is it stuck?

the little cromwell tracks dont move at all, but the Chieftan tracks do move yeah,

also Tamiya is the chieftan kit and the lil cromwell and planes are just airfix

not junko, also its good for my hands and it smells nice

Is it realistic for wings to rip off at an arbitrary speed limit? Wouldn't it make more sense if the controls simply locked up so badly you can't recover from the dive?

are you a women?

>if I play stupid they won't think it's me

you'd lose control, your aircraft would start lawndarting toward the ground and the wings would likely disintegrate from excessive negative Gs

most of this isn't possible with the way the instructor works, so gaijin just makes your wings pop off instead

>implying your controls don't already lock up quite a bit
compression is a thing in game bruv

>only women moisturize
enjoy having dry skin I guess lad

>toys