Grimdark ideas

What are some of the most grim, disgusting or terrifying ideas you have ever heard, philosophical or other.

Ive always had the terrifying idea of the (theorized) DMT in the brain being released apon death causing some unavoidable and unexpected trip as you die.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1hl9KM_7EAg
youtube.com/watch?v=NKkRDMil0bw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Ive always had the terrifying idea of the (theorized) DMT in the brain being released apon death causing some unavoidable and unexpected trip as you die.
Put some dynamite in your mouth and light up.

I think King wrote a short story about just that, but it's been some time since I read it.

Not religious (but grew up Christian) but demonic/unholy/satanic things scare the shit out of me. Not really sure what it is, but reading creepypastas about conversing with demons, or saying their names and something bad will happen to you, or satanic cultists who conjure shit...

that all gets me

but philosophically speaking, solipsism is pretty spoopy, because we like to think that we can know everything through reason and observation

communism

do you remember what it was called?

There is literally zero evidence the body produces DMT on its own. It's just one of those things someone made up that got repeated several times until someone believed it.

>but demonic/unholy/satanic things scare the shit out of me.

That;s how the church gets ya. Who wouldn't want to convert to Christianity when faced with eternal bliss or eternal suffering.

>the (theorized) DMT in the brain being released apon death

1. It is fact, not a hypothesis.

2. You mean "hypothesized", not "theorized".

Fight

This. The idea that you will suffer for ever no matter what you do, its pretty much the worst outcome imagineable

Yeah, if I hadn't gone to private school and gone to church all the time I probably wouldn't have this fear I do today

?

i was looking for this thanks user

Anyone done DMT?
was it fun?

Unfortunately no. I'll try to look for the book with it around the house, but I'm in the middle of moving up, so it's probably already in some carton.
From what I remember it was about a woman driving with her husband through Florida for Holiday and them both dying in a car crash, but everytime it happened woman was just awakening on board of the plane that brought them to Florida to relive it again, unable to stop it. Each time it was more gruesome and surrealistic and she was remembering more and more details about her life, mainly unpleasant moments and bad things she had done.

Don't worry user, I know how you feel. I also grew up in a very religious environment. Just remember that your mind is more powerful than anything supernatural. They're literal spooks, which means you can fight them of with your thoughts. It's hard to explain, but one's you figure out that you have all the power here, that none of that actually exist, those fears stop bothering you.

Now I'm much more scared of getting shot than demons, when it used to be the other way around. Life is where the real monsters are.

Our universe is inherently flawed. It's full of holes.

Our solar system is circling one right now.

yeah thats real spooky thanks user, ill look for that book have fun moving.

dont crash

eternal recurrence

>Seratonin
>a

Found it. It's called "That feeling, you can only say what it is in French" Fucker couldn't think of a longer name for a short story.

>eternal recurrence
isnt that a relatively nice thought? Am i missing something?

>Our universe is inherently flawed.

Well, yeah, if there weren't more quarks and leptons than antiquarks and antileptons the universe would't form the way it did and there wouldn't be any galaxies.

godbless you user

I am Italian

wait

I have, I didn't break through though, which was a terrible shame, got a bit of technicolour, an impression of things melting, and a touch of hyperspace. Still, it was an opportunity thrust upon me and having felt that I had really missed out I went on to have acid many times which is terribly good fun. I'd definitely recommend psychedelics if you are yet to try them.

A black hole isn't a flaw, it's a clump of matter so heavy and dense not even light can escape it's gravity well.
Not a flaw but just a result of the laws of physics.

Havent tried DMT but at the same time im not too eager.
I havent heard of any dangers of it, compared to LSD how intense is it?

> it's a clump of matter so heavy and dense not even light can escape it's gravity well
It's not a "clump". Black holes are currently understood to be literal points.

>nice thought

for you

I didn't know that. I thought they could be classified by size.

In a way, they can. The more massive (i.e. heavy) a black hole is, the further away its event horizon is, so the "black" part is in essence bigger.

Physicists joke that black holes are the most simple objects in the whole universe. All they have is a mass and a spin.

what happens to matter that is pulled into that 'point'?
can we ever know?

Not with our current grasp of physics, no. There are some hypotheses that black holes are dense enough to perforate space-time, so the matter sucked it gets ejected out of a "white hole" somewhere, somewhen else, but it's essentially unfalsifiable.

Ectopic pregnancies are the most horrific thing I can think of.

>Tfw you realize a fetus just sticks itself onto whatever it can and starts sucking blood if it doesn't implant properly.

It's supposed to be more intense but the duration when vapourised and inhaled is only 10-20 mins. Frankly though that appraisal is highly dose dependent though, I usually end up taking fairly large LSD doses, but it would certainly be more intense than a more regular dose of LSD. I think the real shocker must be though that if you break through it comes on fully almost instantly so if you aren't prepared it can be a real fright.

Interesting point, Satan.
Gnosticism has to do it for me.

>God is real, but he exploded into bits
>god-shards embedded themselves in the material world and allowed the formation of humans, who are partially divine
>the incomplete remains of god are mad, insane, and torture humanity to parasitically feed off the suffering of these lost divine sparks
>you'll be reincarnated over and over again and doomed to eternal despair in the mad god's material playground-prison forever
>UNLESS you reclaim your memories and return the shards to where they belong, to slowly put the original god back together and fix the chaos of the universe

There are plenty of variations on this, but the concept of God needing humanity to finish what he started is common to all of them.

This is why they freak me out. They're literally holes in reality

well there's this active thread on /x/ right now that's "fascinating"
>some seriously advanced RP, creative writer testing waters or something far more deliberate try having a guess

Sounds like a vidya game desu

>philosophically buddhist
>accept demons/unholy/satan/god
>explain them all as sentient beings suffering in cycle of reincarnation
>worship is useless
>fear is useless
kek

I've browsed /x/ for 2 years back in 2011-12. I can attest to the fact that there are some people crazy enough to believe what they post there.

I'm so happy Veeky Forums was created. It's like /x/ but not shit.

I mean, look at this

What the fuck is this shit? Is everyone there underage?

>It's like /x/ but not shit.
It's almost entirely stupid Christian garbage though. It's most definitely shit.

Personally I like talking about Christianity, even if I don't believe in it.

>There is literally zero evidence the body produces DMT on its own
Wrong. It has been detected in cranial fluid in very small amounts. Whether or not it actually does anything is debatable. Your body produces tiny amounts of morphine too.

the beckoning abyss , that will soon envelop us all. What scares me , is that will all me know about our existence only one thing is certain; it all ends.

I haven't but my friends have a couple times
From a sober perspective they turn into dribbling retards with very few motor skills for about half an hour soon after taking it (they were smoking it in shotties)
Second time we were fucked up on acid and ketamine for a few days, and my friend said it was most the intense trip he's ever had, though again it don't last long
We had all had a few tabs of acid beforehand which didn't really do a lot for everyone, so yeah DMT is a lot more trippy
I'm not keen on it though k and acid are the drugs for me

i think you're lying

What if our world is some kind of hell where sinful souls go?

Enjoy

youtube.com/watch?v=1hl9KM_7EAg

This one haunts me:
"No man has a right to live just because he is alive any more than a fire has a right to burn because it is burning"
-Warner Fite

Spooped me when I read that

is this spooky to you /his?

youtube.com/watch?v=NKkRDMil0bw

He has a point tbqh

it scares me, it felt like i was dying. Everything just melted away and all i was left with were visions of things i cant explain. Worth a try though, just try to have a positive mind set if you do it.

The slightest negative thought will turn the trip into a living hell.

What do you mean, it would have formed exactly the same except with antimatter instead of matter. Wouldnt make any difference to us

yeah ok mate

When i did shrooms i had a similar experience, I thought i had died aswell Nothing made sense and i lost all track of time, nothing made chronological sense, i had no idea what the fuck was happening.
I ended up texting a friend and asking them if my psychology class was over, i had been out of school for over a year.

scariest shit of my life but when i came out of it i was laughing.

The life of a sentient human is quite different than that of a flame. You come into this world without having a choice, it should be your own right to choose whether to leave it or not.
That quote sounds like it's from someone with assburgers

>The life of a sentient human is quite different than that of a flame
Prove it

I don't see flames wasting their time and youth away on imageboards because of mental handicaps or unsolved childhood traumas 2bh

Don't worry about that, DMT trips are almost always pleasant.

The only ideas that deserve to be called "grimdark" are the cosmic horrors unveiled by Nick Bostrom, Land and other horrorist-rationalists. It's the stuff of Lovecraft's nightmares except it's actually out there.

rly makes u think huh

Life is an unsolved childhood trauma. And you can't waste time unless there is an objectively best way to spend time, which is a claim only a religious person can make.

>And you can't waste time unless there is an objectively best way to spend time
The objectively best way to spend time is by doing things that make you happy, and preferably, don't hurt others. Tell me user, does spending time on this site make you happy?

>The objectively best way to spend time is by doing things that make you happy, and preferably, don't hurt others.
Do you know what "objective" means? Also you just gave permission to murderous psychopaths who can't stop being murderous psychopaths.

I already solved this problem. I surrendered to God's will.

i thought you were arguing about the fire analogy not childhood problems

>Do you know what "objective" means?
Yes, and I am convinced that doing things that make you (and/or others, I should add) happy without hurting others (read my post again) in the process is pretty much objectively the best way to spend time. In my subjective opinion, of course.
I am, I still think it's not quite a right analogy.

Nigger you cant claim that something is subjectively objective

>pretty much objectively the best way to spend time. In my subjective opinion, of course.
t. confused atheist living on the fumes of religion

the quote is suggesting that human life has no more value than some other abstract object, or at least that is my interpretation of it.

I'm fucking with you, but you're right, there's no objective best way to spend time. The way I just described seems to work for most people, though, based on my own subjective experience with people.
Yeah, I interpreted that as well, but you can't compare human life with an abstract object or reaction, that's why I think it's a bad analogy.

Leary fucked up then taking lsd before he died

Tell me more, you seem to know some shit

>but you can't compare human life with an abstract object or reaction
why cant you? i think its perfectly reasonable to compare the two considering they are both as absurd as the other in a sense

capitalism

my gott

Yes, it's not an infrequent them in videogames and literature.
Junko/monokuma from Dangit Ronpaul are explicitly attending to the themes of a petulant judge and deranged architect.

There is an objectively best way to spend time. Serving God. Anything else is worth zero in the end.

Posts like this make me happy that I'm not a christian.

And they are dancing, the board floor slamming under the jackboots and the fiddlers grinning hideously over their canted pieces. Towering over them all is the judge and he is naked dancing, his small feet lively and quick and now in doubletime and bowing to the ladies, huge and pale and hairless, like an enormous infant. He never sleeps, he says. He says he'll never die. He bows to the fiddlers and sashays backwards and throws back his head and laughs deep in his throat and he is a great favorite, the judge. He wafts his hat and the lunar dome of his skull passes palely under the lamps and he swings about and takes possession of one of the fiddles and he pirouettes and makes a pass, two passes, dancing and fiddling at once. His feet are light and nimble. He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and in shadow and he is a great favorite. He never sleeps, the judge. He is dancing, dancing. He says that he will never die.

>theists are Christian
When will fedoras leave?

Also, why are you happy that no action you take will result in a permanent benefit?

Eternity as a concept is fucking terrifying. Even Heaven starts to sound boring when you apply "forever" to it, don't even bother about concepts like these or the story from Stephen King.

>waaah heaven is boring

Literally the most privileged shit I've ever heard.

>when you apply "forever" to it
Can't read, friendo? I was exemplifying how the literal meaning of "eternity" is scary.

>Also, why are you happy that no action you take will result in a permanent benefit?
Life experience is as much about the struggles as it is the rewards. The hope of an eternal state of bliss is dangled in front of the weak-minded in order to control them and keep them productive.

Aliens exist but all of them have prohibited contact with humanity.

Rivers of wine and delights of houris, with lakes of blissful drink and lying in the shade of Allah(sbt) is boring?

That's because we're made out of meat.

>it's

Infinitely? During all time? Forever?
Yes, humanity could get used to that and it would eventually start to get boring. It would take a long time,but we got all the time ever. Now, if even best case scenarios like this one could be maddeningly boring, imagine scenarios like floating endlessly in space or reliving all your life for eternity.

>Life experience is as much about the struggles as it is the rewards.
A material reward is just a temporary lack of deprivation. Then you get bored and start feeling that you're deprived of something else, and work towards it.

Material rewards are literally for losers, because people who seek material rewards are losing by their own criteria 99% of the time.

People don't really want rewards. They want meaning.

Well, he's not wrong; it is certainly naturally occurring in small amounts. The question is: is this a bio-accumulation, like heavy metals, or is this something that is truly produced, or synthesized, within the body?

...it's more likely that it's produced within the body, though. It would need a very interesting half-life within the body, or be VERY well distributed, to bio-accumulate to the levels detected in studies

.Say hello to the machine elves for me when you do

The effect Napalm and flamethrowers have on the human skin. Christ, those things should be banned

The possibility of Kek being an actual god creeps me the fuck out