/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: For Justice Edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /xbxg/, /ptg/ moved to >Important News
「!」Federation Force amiibo Support detailed: ign.com/articles/2016/06/21/metroid-prime-federation-force-amiibo-support-detailed
「!」Rhythm Heaven Megamix is **AVAILABLE NOW**: youtube.com/watch?v=B-4YoppQ6NM
「!」The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild announced: youtube.com/watch?v=1rPxiXXxftE
「!」"NO FEMALE LINK" says Eiji Aonuma: gamespot.com/articles/why-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-wont-have-a-female-he/1100-6440862/
「!」New Pokemon announced for Sun/Moon; Battle Royal mode announced: youtube.com/watch?v=9Ojd6FzTaEM
「!」Ever Oasis - New Nintendo RPG IP announced: youtube.com/watch?v=1fsPHrBtzAw
「!」Paper Mario Color Splash release date announced: youtube.com/watch?v=hZTUYjNMACw
「!」Mario Party Star Rush announced: youtube.com/watch?v=MEX7BfZpad8
「!」Dragon Quest VII release date announced: youtube.com/watch?v=VeInFdxmq3g
「!」New Breath of the Wild amiibo announced: youtube.com/watch?v=BzMJPRvGD6E
「!」Wolf Link amiibo support in Breath of the Wild detailed: youtube.com/watch?v=1CfFnLoiLqk
「!」Mario series amiibo Wave 2 announced: ign.com/articles/2016/06/14/e3-2016-daisy-waluigi-boo-amiibo-announced-alongside-new-mario-series-amiibo

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/s7S77ckc
Wii U - pastebin.com/hPDcJam1

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/amiibo-igcc-9.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Disclaimer: Ignore every post by babt, you know "xcx is shit, 3ds is for babies, w101 is mobile shit, jap shit, NX will be VR, usa #1" and things alike

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendoeverything.com/donkey-kong-country-returns-senior-designer-moves-on-to-armature/
youtu.be/z9R-WqvV65w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We back /b/ros

i suck balls all day just because i like it so much

If you had to choose one exclusive title from the Wii U library to be removed, what would you choose? (hard mode: don't say some tech demo-tier cop out like Game & Wario)

I'd go with DK Tropical Freeze, there's no reason for it to exist.

>(hard mode: don't say some tech demo-tier cop out like Game & Wario)
You'll trigger the autists that say it's a good game that totally deserves to be on the Wii U games lists.

The only correct choice is NSMBU since NSLU is standalone. Yeah TF has no reason to exist but it's a great game and you're gay.

I'm one of those autist that thinks G&W does deserve to be there since it's a fun game with a cute niche, but if I didn't make the "tech demo" rule then everybody would obviously just go for the most boring, sacrificial choice.

Would you like to talk more about your motive for DKCTF

There's an oversaturation of platformers on the system, especially when it was released, and it's the reason why we don't have a Metroid game on Wii U.

There are more reasons for that, both the artist and the director of the Prime games left Retro after finishing Corruption, I doubt Retro wants to make a new game if such key people are missing.

Warren Spector would shame you for saying the only person that matters is the director.

Also key members from the DKC Returns team moved on to Armature anyway.

Armature was formed before Returns, and no one moved there since the studio didn't do anything noteworthy until last year when they started like 3 projects at once.

...Just because Armature was formed before Returns doesn't mean members of the team didn't move on to Armature.

nintendoeverything.com/donkey-kong-country-returns-senior-designer-moves-on-to-armature/

Mike Wikan also left for ID Software.

TF is fucking great.
W101 shit.

What a crappy idea to move to Armature, but I guess they have more things to do compared to current Retro because Nintendo a shit.

ReCore looks pretty good though, the platforming reminds me of the Spiderball segements, and I'd like to think Duncan is inspired by their work with Donkey Kong.

Either way you can see the Retro team influence.

Yeah but
>Xbone and W10 exclusive
I don't wanna update for fucks sake W10 is awful.

>PLAYAN
>WATCHAN
>LISTENAN
>EATAN
>DRINKAN
>FAPPAN
>FEELAN

I'm on Windows 10 so it doesn't bother me, been playing a lot of Killer Instinct, and Quantum Break was really cool.

Between Sea of Thieves, Dead Rising 4, Scalebound and ReCore (along with some other stuff like Cuphead), Microsoft branching out their software as a joint market with the Xbox One made upgrading worth it since I was really looking forward to those games, even if it's through an OS barrier.

When it's not obvious dudebro stuff I've always found the smaller games from Microsoft's game department to be more interesting than most of the competition, and aside from Nintendo they've always felt like some of the most "gamiest" games on the market, like ReCore.

Killer Instinct in particular has a shoestring budget and it's still way more fun than Street Fighter V or MKX, for instance.

What's wrong with Game & Wario? It looks just like any other Warioware.

It's pretty lacking in the microgame department. The multiplayer is decent fun however.

However it does have the best (and probably only good) Miiverse compatibility I've seen yet. Sketch mode is too fun.

And it plays like a 1/4th Warioware game.

Would anybody here recommend the new Mario & Sonic game?

I've never played one before and I can get it for cheap, desu it looks kinda fun.

gor seems to be enjoying it

>>PLAYAN
danglin granpa
>>WATCHAN
shit on tv
>>LISTENAN
eurobeat is looping in my head
>>EATAN
nothing
>>DRINKAN
Dr. Pepper
>>FAPPAN
Haven't in a while
>>FEELAN
uh

QUESTION, because I can use Miiamoto (no smart phone and my computer doesn't want to run any smart phone emulator) you think Nintendo would get ban happy if I created a second Nintendo ID and used that to farm coins to get other prizes?

I know there was that one incident where a person got their NNID banned and digital games removed because they used two separate codes for the register Fire Emblem: Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei IV to get $30 eShop credit deal (They did their own and got a 2nd one from a friend), so I'm curious if anyone thinks they'll be anal about using multiple accounts to get coins.

Gor has posted a few screenshots and it seems like a good game, looks like they really polished it this time.
You have a Wii U? If you're using only two accounts you can always say it's your brother's.

>PLAYAN
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
>WATCHAN
Probably watch some anime later.
>LISTENAN
Eurobeat
>EATAN
Porkchops and mashed potatoes.
>DRINKAN
Lemonade.
>FAPPAN
Heather Deep videos on xhamster
>FEELAN
I'm not satisfied with my life, kinda moody.

i want eurobeat fags to leave

Eldorado is a pretty nice jam though

Was going to do that, but looked through the ToS for the MN and found this.

>Anyone found to have created multiple Nintendo Accounts in order to increase their chances of earning Points will be disqualified from the Rewards Program.
So even if I were to say it was 'my brother's' account, they'd see that the codes were all used on my own account and probably fuck me over. I could always call support and confirm but there's also this.

>Rewards are personal to you and cannot be shared, copied, or transferred.
It implies that the code only works for your Nintendo ID, might be worth checking.

I'm only asking because I kinda want the Wario DS game, and have enough points, but also want the Zelda Picross game and the themes they release.

I can get enough points by the time the Zelda offer expires just by doing the 4 missions I can do to get 120 coins a week, but that assumes they don't come out with any other DS games and/or themes.

Well yeah if this is for 3DS then you're fucked since you're only allowed to have one NNID there. If this was a Wii U you could just redeem it on different accounts on the smae console.

Yeah, thought so.

Might as well give support a call with a hypothetical about giving a code to 'a friend' and see if that's a violation because of how the word "shared" can be interpreted in the ToS.

Granted their might be a note in my account telling whoever is talking to me to say no to whatever i request after the shit I dragged through some of the supervisors over a previous incident. (I do know they keep logs of every time you do call in and they write a brief summery about it.)

>>PLAYAN
SMASH
>>WATCHAN
NOTHIN
>>LISTENAN
SMASH SOUNDS
>>EATAN
NOTHIN
>>DRINKAN
WATER
>>FAPPAN
LATER
>>FEELAN
OK

It's like if Wario Ware Inc. broke up.

Like if they were the Beatles or something. And they all went on to have somewhat successful careers in their main practice.

So now you have all these characters with different games that are less interconnected.

It's like a much more simple Nintendoland, how they have different mini games with different play style themes.

Mona's, 9Volt, and the Taxi game were great. The Patchwork puzzles were a nice "slow game".

Some of the knicknacks you can collect made it worth it. Bizarre shit.

How cheap? I'd say like $20-30 USD. So far I'm not sure if I'm being denied of gameplay stuff with a timer.

It does look really nice and there is sand "technology". The furthest I got away from that 3D menu was on the street with cars.

There are world wide Miis coming into that area and doing their own thing. You can talk to them so far to unlock flags and I guess other stuff.

The online so far for me has been competing against what I believe to be ghosts.

It's an interesting concept of an online mode, as there are multiple ghosts at a time from different players.

Isn't that the ELO album?

why do you press enter twice whenever you finish a sentence

don't be an idiot

>Isn't that the ELO album?
youtu.be/z9R-WqvV65w

>MHX demo comes out 06/30

Exactly when?

0am PST?

Because it is easy to get a (You) from you! Thanks, my dude!

9:00 PM Pacific Time I think.

That's 9 hours later than I was expecting. How do I tell this to my hype.. Please be wrong but thank you

Shouldn't it come out at 12pm EST since that's when the Eshop updates?

Also anyone want to check if the demo has limited uses? I want to know if I wasted $4 buying a code from the humble bundle.

But you got more games from the Humble Bundle

They're all shit and for PC. I gave up on PC games years ago.

>But it's a donation!
The ESA might as well be a front organization for SJWs with the shit they peddle these days.

You could have given the money to Capcom or Humble Bundle

I just gave it to the humble bundle in the end. Just wish there was a legitimate charity you could give your money to.

I'm just starting Bravely Default.

Can anyone share their FC with me so I can abililink?

My FC is 0275-7621-8574.

My bad, buds. Slip of the finger. 9 A.M. Pacific, in the morning.

I don't understand this game at all.

Which one?

>Playing
Tokyo Mirage Session
>Watching
Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water
>Listening
Some MACROSS 82-99
>Eating
Just some toast.
>Drinking
Coca Cola
>Fapping
Galko-chan
>Feeling
Hyped for Zelda

danglin grandpa
Are you riking TMS?

Definitely, the game has the most adorable Tiki and I've been surprised with how fun the gameplay has been.

How long do you think the thread will last this time?

>>PLAYAN
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
>>WATCHAN
Letterkenny
>>LISTENAN
Everything Everything - Get to Heaven
>>EATAN
pork chop and a baked potato
>>DRINKAN
Water
>>FAPPAN
InCase
>>FEELAN
bretty good

>Galko-chan
great taste

>he unironically likes Akaneia Tiki
holy fucking pleb
where's that screenshot of Tiki asking if she can call you Onii-chan and both of your answers are essentially Yes

>How long do you think the thread will last this time?
It's a matter of having more strayan posters and us just keeping an eye on it while we are awake in not-shit-timezones hours.

>not loving Vocaloid Tiki
Maximum shit taste.

>both of your answers are essentially Yes
Because Itsuki is not a faggot unlike some people.

>not being lolicon/siscon filth makes you a faggot
I guess I'm a faggot

>I guess I'm a faggot
Yes, yes you are.

Both are yes, but it's purposely deceptive as a joke, the first option is a straight faced "Yes," and the other is just "Uh," but the latter option is yes in the most uncomfortable way possible because your character is the biggest "yes man" in the history of videogames.

The choice options in this game are probably the funniest use of "choices that don't actually mean anything" outside of Paper Mario games.

OKAY THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND HINA

Galko-chan is fake thic, pige

Hey buddy, the dead general is two blocks down

FUCK YOU

>PLAYAN
Finally got around to playing 999 after the ZTD hype got to me on emulator since I forgot my flashcart at the dorm
>WATCHAN
Diamond is not crash
>LISTENAN
Va11 Halla OST
>EATAN
Spaghetti
>DRINKAN
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
>FAPPAN
Noticed today that the new Saitom tankoubon came out (pic related) and it is just as good as I expected
>FEELAN
I'm going to have to force myself to drudge my way through two games to get to ZTD, just like I had to for Witcher 3

>>PLAYAN
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
>>WATCHAN
Last thing I watched was the latest dubbed episode of Pokemon
>>LISTENAN
TMS#FE Songs
>>EATAN
Pizza from a local pizza joint
>>DRINKAN
Water
>>FAPPAN
Been a while, I should get to that.
>>FEELAN
Mixed. I got a ZTD preorder which meant the whole thing got delayed, but on the other hand I am still working through #FE and Amazon gave me a $10 credit for my trouble, so there are upsides to that.

What are the must-plays on 3ds? Mostly bought mine for Zelda remakes and looking to get more out of it.

Kid Icarus unless you're a console shooter pleb, Monster Hunter, Etrian Odyssey.

Monster Hunter 4 U
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Shin Megami Texas 4
Super Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Star Fox 64 3D

I dunno anything about dungeon crawlers but all the Etrian games are a good bet except for Etrian Mystery Dungeon which sucks. Also Pokémon nerds will tell you to avoid Pokémon X Y but you should probably just give them a playthrough before Sun and Moon anyway.

Not big on monhun, even as an unabashed Dark Souls fanboy. The controls just feel odd to me. Will check out the rest though. Thanks

>The controls just feel odd to me.
Haha good luck with Kid Icarus /b/ro

>Shin Megami Texas
I'd play that.

Yeah, from what I've heard, it worries me a bit.

The controls are weird but it just takes like 10 minutes to get used to them, don't use the stand that comes with the game, I personally find it easier to play when I'm laying on my bed.

Okay /nintyg/
Good night
Sleep tight
Don't let the bed bugs bite...

Good night pupper

duermos noches amigo.

Mamma MIA!

would train/10

Buy bitcoin

>tons of leaks
Holy shit.

Kawaii Mosquito/10

No.

Live in your parents basement forever. Chicks dig fat guys who play vidya and have no money.

That dragon reminds me of the dog serpent from Neverending Story.

>PLAYAN

Xenoblade Chronicles. I've had this physical Wii version sitting in my backlog for years, finally getting to it.

>WATCHAN

South Park on Hulu

>LISTENAN

Prometheus: Symphonia Ignis Divinus

>DRINKAN

Diet Dr Pepper

>FAPPAN

You don't want to know

>FEELAN

Disappointed, I went two weeks without a single sale at work and finally got a really dinky one today. I'm above quota but nowhere near what I want to be making.

Xenoblade is shit

If you have a New 3DS you don't need a stylus for Kid Icarus.

If you have an old 3DS, it'll take a little getting used to. The same claw-grip that everyone used for Metroid Prime Hunters works for Kid Icarus, people just forgot.

If you have an XL, of course, the claw-grip becomes impossibly tiring, so there is that problem. Still, there are all kinds of ways to make it work, and it's well worth finding a way.

what is this? the resolution is so bad I cant tell. its borderline unable to be seen.

All of Plus Smash Bros if you don't have a Wii U.

And if you liked Professor Layton and/or 999, both series continued on the 3DS with pretty great sequels.

>if you don't have a Wii U
This isn't NeoGAF, everyone here should have one by now.

Wiiu was a waste of money. Xb1 is even cheaper.

>Wiiu was a waste of money

That dude's trolling but honestly, the library depth for Wii U was really fucking bad.

it's not the end of the world for me since I have a gaming PC with windows 10 to kill the void, but I'd be butthurt if my gaming diet consisted of something like Mario 3D World, Tropical Freeze, a shitty drought and Mario Maker.
The system doesn't feel like anything more than a novelty.

I just posted 25 good games, stop baiting.

>Letterkenny
holy shit pretty based
excellent taste, pig boy

I can't remember the last console that I bought less than 10games for. Wiiu is piiu

>I can't remember the last console that I bought less than 10games for
See

Toad, nintendoland, splatoon, wiisports club, w101, and game and warrio combined barely count as 1 full game.

Well meme'd.

Toad is the most comfy game on the Wii U
Wii Sports Club is an underrated game, true it lacks the sheer quantity of games of Resort, it still provided plenty of good online fun.
Nintendo Land and Game & Wario provides hours and hours of fun multiplayer content
Stop trolling.

You posted 25 games and only one of them is a racing game, which kinda proves my point about the library depth, in any case.

How many platformers you have? Six? How many tech demos are bloating your chart? NES Remix? Wii Sports Club? Never mind the overlap Wii U has with 3DS owners in some of those titles.

You're not exactly wrong that those game do exist on the system but I swear this is subtle "pro-system" trolling with the way you're going about presenting the library.

Okay Game & Wario is actually the worst Warioware in the series sans Snapped, you have got to be trolling.
If it gets us bumps then I'm not complaining though

>You posted 25 games and only one of them is a racing game
I'd also recommend Fast Racing Neo and Need for Speed Most Wanted U

>How many platformers you have?
They are all high quality with little overlap, the quantity is irrelevant.

>How many tech demos are bloating your chart
I knew I shouldn't waste my time replying to bait.

>being the second weakest in a series of six games means its bad
Ok user.