I have seen what lies behind the 1,001 Veils. I am enlightened. AMA

I have seen what lies behind the 1,001 Veils. I am enlightened. AMA

>I am enlightened.

So have I iam a member of"Tom Cambells"forum.MY BIG TOE.

It may be so.

What is it that knows it is "I"?

Why are you so fat?

How many sluts you can bang after reaching nirvana?

Everything and nothing. "You" are the terminal point of the undifferentiated infinite's "descent" into a differentiated, finite body. You cannot be said to exist in any absolute sense, but neither can it be said you do not exist. The naive nihilist is preoccupied with the latter, the naive theist with the former. The wise man knows there is a third option, liberated from the constraints of both.

Why am I going to be here forever?

An inborn deficiency of will that cannot delay gratification.

No need, you're one with all of them.

Because you are unable to imagine and actualize the version of yourself that never discovered Veeky Forums and doesn't feel the need to check a Mongolian horseshoe smithing board every 5 minutes.

Bzzzzt, wrong answer!

Thanks for playing though. Anyone who has had even the slightest taste of insight will know your answer to be hollow and false.

what is the final option? my "soul" (for lack of a better term) exists eternally within the collective conscious, but only as "i" for a short period of time.

no you aren't

Reintegration with this primordial state without sacrificing one's individuality. The purpose of existence is not a sheepish slinking back into the womb that birthed it, but a self-transcendence into higher unity where individuation is not sacrificed or negated but rather, perfected.

It is the difference between putting your instrument down because the whole orchestra sounds like shit and working at it until every individual timbre and playing style contributes to a greater harmony.

Buddha Maitreya fuck off.

What do you think of the Tao?

It is the truth.

Beautiful shitposting OP. Rarely see it in such rhetorical and philosophical level. Made me nearly cry.

I can't tell if this is serious. in any case, thanks for reading.

Not him but kys retard

Whatever it may be said existence is, it is fundamentally of some unified nature (even if that nature is to be the indeterminate source of all possible determinations). Your "I" partakes in this nature, in that it too is not any particular substance or determination (body, personal history, desires, aversions, etc.) but the principle that perceives and thus stands outside these determinations. Your "I" is a particulate of a source "I".

The sensation of your being here, alive, aware, is simply that primordial and eternal presence as it is refracted through your biology. Enlightenment is a detachment from what is contingent in oneself to what one, ultimately, is.

If you were, you wouldn't be posting here.

I'm about to be done. If there's anyone like me they will hopefully take something from my posts or at least feel vindicated in finding a kindred spirit on a board infested with pedophiles, schizophrenics, and misfits.

>No need, you're one with all of them.
Nirvana give you multiple dick to bang all the sluts at the same time ?

The more words and concepts you use to try and describe who it is that knows it is "I", the further away you get from it.

That "I" can only be found in the direct experience of nonduality, and can no more be transmitted in words and concepts than you could make someone else know how strawberry's taste by describing them in any manner whatsoever.

Even trying do so is direct evidence of not having experienced it for oneself.

No doubt about it. The "I" can only be experienced, not talked about. Part of the reason I posted this thread is to get practice trying to communicate the incommunicable, even if it is besides the point.

The "I" is what you own.

Suffering comes from owning what you do not wish to own or not owning what you wish to have which is the same as to be. (You are part of your environment and vice versa)

It's much more fundamental than that.

Suffering comes from the failure to realize the real and literal inessentiality of the ego, and by extension all of its desires and frustrations.

Personally, I like the metaphor of touching a hot tea kettle and burning yourself.

One does not experience it by thinking "I am touching a tea kettle that is very hot and it is damaging my hand, I should remove my hand from the hot surface", one experiences the pain directly and unmediated by conceptualization or intellection.

Are you awakened or merely highly attained?

How many hours of meditation have you done, and for how long? What style of meditation?

So essentially egotism is an idol and thoughts attached to ego consciousness are nothing more than illusions and the more you chase them the more enamored you become, thus to disown the ego is to be sovereign.

Well, now what're you gonna do?
Also, with your enlightenment, can't you do some supernatural stuff, or are you just feeling good and feel that you're enlightened?

Before enlightenment: chop wood. carry water.
After enlightenment: chop wood. carry water.

checked

>>Before enlightenment: chop wood. carry water.
and be unhappy
>After enlightenment: chop wood. carry water.
and be happy

>Your "I" partakes in this nature, in that it too is not any particular substance or determination (body, personal history, desires, aversions, etc.) but the principle that perceives and thus stands outside these determinations.

Where is the I that stands outside the body, the senses and the mind? How can it be perceived and experienced?

It's not that the thoughts and feelings are illusions, it's the enormous importance we attach to those thoughts and feelings because we mistakenly believe the self-conscious ego is our true self, that cause us to suffer.

In experiencing directly that the ego is not your true self and is not especially important, those thoughts and feelings inherently become much less important and cease being their prisoner.

Not him, but the nondualistic self neither stands inside nor outside, since it experiences without dualistic conceptualization.

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to talk about this since anyone who has not experienced nonduality themselves typically cannot help but take as metaphor things that meant to be taken as literally and directly true (e.g. nonduality, nonself, non birth, non death, no past, no future, etc.).

OP here. You are that very "I". It cannot be sensed and experienced because it is the very fact of your experiencing in the first place. It isn't anything, it only is.

The other posters are right. Thanks for the good discussion bros. It really is about choosing what you let have power over you: whether you let what is outside of yourself dictate your thoughts and actions, or retain that power in your Self.

Words

Colours

Seeing!

Charade?

VIBRATIONS

Pixels, my friend.

It' is here, but not here

This too, is fictional.

Ham Burger

>bestiality thread where OP has no qualms posting about how turned on he is by thought of children getting raped to death by baboons
>100+ replies
>thread where people can talk the finer points of spiritual attainment,
>46 replies, 10 of them by some 'tismo off his meds

welp it was fun

Attainment?, now thats funny

>No need, you're one with all of them.
So if you have sex with anyone, it's basically masturbation?

It really is egotistical to say "I am highly attained" or whatever. All I will say is that study and meditation has revealed the truth of esoteric teachings to me, specifically, in the Buddhist context, the teachings of non-self, the arising and cessation of dukkha, the khandhas, impermenance, inter-dependence, the 12 links of inter-dependent origination, conditioned genesis, rebirth, and the nature of Samsara.

I would also start with zazen and then work towards a more eclectic routine according to your tastes and needs. For example, I incorporate a contemplation on beauty I picked up from Plotinus, as well as death meditation.

>he shitposts his enlightment on a caucasian themed chinese costume party forum discussion

>le enlightened man
>le closure of thought meme
>le universal truth
Did your mommy finish your pancakes yet?

I'm more enlightened than you and the real truth is too enlightening to the masses.

Therefore you're not enlightened.

Yes and it was good

> I'm so enlightened I have to let people know on Veeky Forums

Not how nor who, rather, why?

fpbp

also /thread

why am I so afraid of rejection and approaching women/ why do I have such intense feelings of inferiority

>all these posts trying to be 'funny' and insulting OP
have fun wallowing in defeatism while people actually gain an understanding of reality and themselves.

Is there a book full of these kinds of fancy quotes? I like them.

People prone to depression and other mood disorders are generally born with a higher innate sensitivity towards the world and themselves, and this is the reason for the depressed artist stereotype. Inferiority complexes stem from long experience with an immediate and intuitive sensation of not measuring up to certain people, nourished by experience.

These traits reflect a basic psycho-physical incompatibility with the self-concept of the individual and their empirical selves as such. Self-hatred, after all, is somewhat paradoxical. Who is doing the hating and what do they hate about themselves? Anyways, for some the truth of this divide between who they are and what they want to be is enough to motivate them to pursue that higher nature. Others eat buckshot