/ K S P G / [REDACTED] shitposting general

On topic console disdain edition

>Can the game be considered a full release?
No, for all intents and purposes, KSP should be considered still in early access state. The game is nowhere near being able to stand on its own legs both from a gameplay perspective (career mode is definitely not ready and balanced) and a stability perspective. There are still major bugs and memory leaks that shouldn't exist on a finished game.

>Are there big issues with the game?
Bugs and instability are still real and frequent problems, as with every product still in beta. Ask in thread for details.

>What are the devs doing?
The most recent update (1.1) was supposedly going to bring a complete overhaul of the GUI, be 64bit friendly, have a refined physics/heating/aero model and generally perform better. While achieving some of these goals, the game is now more unstable than ever, with many users being unable to use the game at all. An external team with heavily questionable experience (Flying Tiger Entertainment) is being tasked with porting the game to PS4, XboxOne and Wii U, with a release deadline that seems to keep slipping.

>Should I buy the game?
KSP is very enjoyable at first, then it usually needs to be modded to retain some sort of longevity, but doing so may dramatically increase the instability of the game. You will be very familiar with the word "Oops!". The Developers, Squad, have shown many times that they can't handle the project and are trying to squeeze all the money they can with the least amount of effort and with controversial PR tactics. The general consensus at kspg is that you should torrent the game, not because the game itself is unplayable, but because most of us agree that Squad does not deserve your money.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=adb6FQwDnEw
youtube.com/watch?v=BY6uZPvgBqQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/
spacedock.info/
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg
ksp.olex.biz/
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-1
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/
raceintospace.org
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Previous: >Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=adb6FQwDnEw

>Dev Stream:
youtube.com/watch?v=BY6uZPvgBqQ

>FAQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE

>Game site
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/

>KSP mods
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0 (RLA probe parts, /kspg/ exclusive)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c (forum mod list)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/ (mod subforums)
spacedock.info/ (community mod repository)

>Flags
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0

>Party-approved rendezvous and docking tutorials
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg (embed)

>Some useful calculators
ksp.olex.biz/ (phase angle calculator, for planning trips to other planets)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-1 (deltaV map)

>Official forum
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

>Hotkeys for operating your craft that are never mentioned anywhere else.
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY (embed)
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png (embed)

>Official /kspg/ fan fiction
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if

>List of IRL launches.
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

>View from the ISS:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

>Race Into Space
raceintospace.org

>Original BARIS for DOSBox scaling and filters and shit
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html

BARIS, Orbiter, Space Engine, OpenTTD, Take On Mars, Project CARS, ULA posting, Aurora, TRUMP 2016, and planes are also welcome ITT.

kspg.sytes.net

NOTE: "kerbal" anywhere in the OP as well as "kspg" in the subject cause the thread to autosage. Please use [REDACTED] in place of these terms when making a new thread.

Good Morning

Which anons, besides those with no memes, are awake? I want to comfypost.

I can in a few hours. Work is busy right now. Keep her bumped.

Space is amazing.

Squad is not.

a

Does it have any side effect for the career game mode if I time warp a year or two while waiting for alignment with another planet?

>playing ksp

Nope, you only risk expiring contracts (thus losing rep and money) if the deadline is before the date you are timewarping to

Well it appears if you collect $150m in investments then time warp 5 years ahead you can skip completing any contracts you had open and open new ones for console versions of KSP.

hay question for people who have this game on Steam, what version of KSP does it give you when you ask it to revert to the "last known stable build" or whatever

if that were true it'd revert to .18

I believe it still rolls back to 1.0.5, but I couldn't tell you for sure.

but 1.0.5 is not stable compared to literally any other piece of software in the world.

I take it you've never played Big Rigs?

Those bugs look like features compared to KSP.

a

Ist das mein resources?

BURN SQUADCAST

TODAY 6PM EST

TWITCH DOT TV SLASH KSPTV

>tfw no qt MAN to paradigm-post with

I read on the wiki today that on 1.1 there were new scenarios, and since I had 1.1.2 downloaded, I decided to check
Chose a shuttle aerobreaking on kerbin. Ap at 70k and Pe at 26k, but noticed that the speed was quite high at the periapsis. Turns out my Ap was 160k and the pe was 40k now. By the second orbit I deactivated the joint and heat damage and achieved 6000 m\s

I'd be happy to paradigm post with you, user. Are you a true or false paradigmer?

Both are up my alley.

Do you have a preference?

Bazinga!

I prefer the True Paradigm, personally.

I can feel the collective butthurt of all MAN's fake accounts from here.

I'm curious to see the replies to that (if any)

Well I have to go mow my lawn, I hope you two think up some good paradigm posts for me to read in an hour or so. Good luck!

Basically what you said, but for your posts, Angry user

Well, false paradigm posting is good, but nothing can top true paradigm posting.

Are there lawns in NY?

Try again when your post makes sense, m8

As the fanbase realizes consoles mean even less development and the console players wonder how the fuck this "game" is even supposed to be playable, the True Paradigm will become our new reality. It's already happening on the subreddit, even though there are 10 down voters hitting every negative post.

A fence will keep a few rocks from falling, but it cannot stop an avalanche.

He's not in NY. NY does have lawns but if you are a true New Yorker you've never actually seen one. They don't exist on the island.