"Worse MMO than LoL or CS:GO!" Edition.

Elder Thread: >Official news

Dark Brotherhood DLC is out!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/darkbrotherhood
youtu.be/xrIdDh7_TBw

One Tamriel announced (Q4 2016):
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

First DLC dungeon pack coming soon™:
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/21/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-first-look

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
the-elder-scrolls-by-mysticals.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj. There is also an ESOG PSN community.

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

Other urls found in this thread:

gamestop.com/pc/game-time-cards/the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited-60-day-subscription/122289#productDetails
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's his little brother, I'm trying to make PC "gamer" out of him...

>So are kids just calling any multiplayergame MMO these days?
Pretty much, I kept telling him that he was embarrasing himself, but he kept going about how much he enjoyed "lcs" (something about LoL) and then he asked if some freemium facebook game was a MOBA as well...

He's 16 or 17...

>He's 16 or 17...

execute him

>Want to buy ESO sub
>Go to account login page
>Have to enter security code to log in
>Check email
>Get code
>"This code is invalid"
>Resend email
>Try different code
>"This code is invalid"
>Triple check everything
>No copy and paste
>Manually enter brand new code
>"This code is invalid"

Well fuck...guess I won't be buying a sub anytime soon.

I like that reaction face more.

They're just so incompetent.

New to the game, enjoying it so far as a Daedric Summoner sorc using Destruction Staves.

Eventually, do you get everything unlocked per class? Or is there a limited amount of Skill Points?

Literally have had no issues with playing it from steam.

you'll have over 300 skills points on your first maxed character

Why am I getting such low FPS? This is highly unusual for my build.

I would assume it has something to do with server load maybe. I noticed that I was getting some low FPS

I mean shit I've tried everything, I just want to buy a sub for a few months, but they won't let me into my account, I can log into game just fine, but anything that has to do with the website I'm just completely locked out of

And on top of all that, they won't send me anymore codes to even try, and I can't contact support because it requires you to log in...

And the number just hangs up on you.

good for you

That piece of shit was downloading the game all over again every fucking week for me

=/ sorry to hear that user, shame. Seems like it doesn't affect everyone that way then. Mine is able to update properly even though it was bough through steam.

Same here, I have ZERO problems with the game on Steam, updates and runs just fine, most of my friends play the game via Steam, and none of them have a single problem.

>want to enjoy the dungeon's story as I do them for the first time
>"gogogogogogogo!!"
Feels bad man

H A I L S I T H I S

Just ignore them. But yea it's pretty shitty.

wait till you go to pvp and there like 100 people spam casting aoes, you'll drop to -1 fps, hell I tanked for a normal trial for first time today, somehow blagged it even though I haven't tried tanking a vet dungeon, but yeah with 12 people I dropped under 30 which isn't great when you're holding a shield and weaving in attacks trying not to cause the whole team to wipe.

>playing on console

> Do a repeatable quest for the Thieves guild
> Steal something, launder it, deliver it
> Gets a box of bailing hook and a motif worth 31.000 gold
And they said crime don't pay lel

You got an email? I didn't get shit, I'm able to play the game but can't access my account, tried everything, different browser and computer and everything they said to do, NEVER got my access code email

Is there any way to fix this at all?

Who said anything about console, friend?

>I can log into game just fine, but anything that has to do with the website I'm just completely locked out of
>and I can't contact support because it requires you to log in
You may have to try the "account compromised" option.
And that's when you get an answer like this:

Greetings,
We apologize that we have taken so long to get back to you in regards to your issue. Due to high ticket volumes, we will be unable to assist you further with this ticket. We understand this may be frustrating and we are disappointed that we are unable to deliver a Customer Service experience that is up to our desired standards. Below is all the troubleshooting we have available at this time.

Instead of buying a renewing membership is it possible to buy just 30-60 days worth of game time instead of having it set to auto pay?

I always fucking forget to cancel it and it charges me, so are there time cards I can use instead?

so I played this game during beta and thought it was a joke and pretty much never touched it again until recently. Because of the huge sale, I bought it and I have been playing it recently.

I still think it is by far the worst elder scrolls game in the franchise and one of the worst mmo's I have ever played, but I am actually enjoying the hell out of it. Me and my best friend are playing through it together and it's great. It feels kind of like I'm playing oblivion with my friend. I would describe it as a poor man's oblivion. In a lot of ways, they improved it from it's release and since I know I only payed 30 bucks for it, I can laugh at the janky garbage throughout the game. I would not say it's good, but it's fun in the same way watching the movie "THe Room" s fun but with a touch of nostalgia.

I just sent a letter to the EU guild leader asking for an invite. Then a realised that it's 1am.
Well fug.

How do I install this?

What other addons would you recommend?

I'm on it.
Fucker

The skyshards and the lore books ones are useful. I know some people like the combat UI addon, but I don't really give enough of a shit about the game to take it that seriously. You can actually see the top addons on the nexus and that will give you an idea of what's worth getting.The other addons you'll just gradually start to find yourself. You might think "god I really wish this was in the game", and you'll google it and find out there is an add on for that

oops

mmmm.. user..

Kyrox here, I didn't receive it...

Apparently their costumer service is completely fucked at the moment, to the point where they simply sending out emails saying "sorry, we can't help you". It's a mess.

get minion

Got it.

THRIVING

Here's a list of addons I have installed.

I'm like CP 200 and haven't done some of the dungeons still because I was a solo player babby for so long and people always just expect me to have done the quests already, very frustrating

I'm curious, is this possible? I would love to just buy a few membership cards rather than linking a credit card to my account.

yes, it's possible to buy timecards from resalers like kinguin and g2a. Also your local game store might have them, depending on where you live.

How would one game from Antartica?

So if I buy a 60 day game time card from gamestop

gamestop.com/pc/game-time-cards/the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited-60-day-subscription/122289#productDetails

And redeem it on my account page, it'll give me ESO plus for 60 days?

Sorry for sounding like an idiot, I'm just really paranoid with this kind of thing, got fucked over super hard by Realm Reborn when it came to buying game time cards.

It has been asked, and I'm interested as well.

Yep. It's not that they've taken out subscription, it's just that they've changed it so that it's now called ESO+ and gives you a few bonuses along with how the game was originally envisioned, constantly pumping out new content for free for subscribers.

>for free
>for subscribers

pick one

this

>along with how the game was originally envisioned
it was envisioned to have more content added from the beginning, don't bullshit.

Awesome, I'm going to buy that card right now, thanks for the answers, I was paranoid because I heard that old time cards from the original launch were not working anymore and I saw that places still sold them, didn't want to buy one and not have it work

But now that I know that one I linked worked, I'll get right to work setting it up, thanks again.

So recently picked this up. Want to become a werewolf. Can I only receive the curse through high lvl mobs or can I get it from lower lvled ones? Spent a little while fighting the werewolf in Daggerfall and seems like a waste of time trying to get it from him.

There are 3 ways.

First is by finding rare werewolf spawns and fighting them. Not just any werewolf will do. Only the special spawns will work.

The second and by far the easier, is to ask another player to turn you. Some people sell werewolf bites for gold, but nothing exorbitant. Some give them away for free. A large guild is a good place to ask.

The third is the way of the goy - see crown store for Werewolf Skill Line. But that's overpriced as fuck. Don't buy. Unless you want to.

teso-rp.com is the place for you, brother. Super welcoming community there. Make an intro post in the appropriate subforum, include some character details and what you're looking for, advertise your decade+ of lorefaggotry, and you'll get buried in greetings, advice, and invites. Shit's pretty cash.

There are no werewolves than can infect you in Daggerfall. There's one area in each faction that has spawn locations for werewolves and blood fiends. In EP it's Riften, AD Reaper's March, DC Bangkorai. They can spawn around midnight game time. Werewolf spawns are most likely during in-game full moon and blood fiends during in-game new moon.

You want to get the Destinations addon for the spawn locations and Clock - Tamriel Standard Time for seeing time until next full-moon or new moon.

Oh cool. What area is the rare spawn located? I assume it'll be a higher lvl'd area. Also is the rare mob constantly camped? Kinda got my fill of looking for rare mobs back in wow.

>tfw want to be a vampire
>im a tank
;___________;

>What area is the rare pepe located?
Right here, user.

Cool, Thanks for the info.

So I'm CP 120, and I'm still using a set of CP 30 armor.

Should I buy a new set of armor for 120, or will I get good gear fast enough at 160 for it not to matter? I have 120k gold.

Also, what are the first things I should be doing at CP 160? Just continue doing pledges and random vets?

WELLLLLLLL FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

>Read thread
>See that time cards give ESO plus
>Buy card on Gamestop website
>"This code is invalid or has expired"
>"No refunds"

WHAT A HUGE FUCKING WASTE OF MONEY.

the fuck!?

Thats what you get for being paranoid towards sites like kinguin or g2a

why would you buy it from Scumstop instead of a site like Kinguin?

Kinguin and G2A are both far more trustworthy than Gamestop.

The DLC is complementary for subscribers. A subscription is really an automatic purchase of 1500 crowns a month.

The other bonuses are sweetening the deal. It's already a pretty good deal. Access to the DLC's, xp/inspiration/gold bonuses, crafting bag, and soon dyeable costumes.

In most games the subscription is for access to certain things in the game. Like if you subscribe in LotRO, you get access to quests in Eriador and the new Gondor zones.

Your $15 a month subscription nets you about $5 a month in cash shop currency.

in TESO, your $15 a month nets you $15 a month in cash shop currency.

>it was envisioned to have more content added from the beginning, don't bullshit.
That doesn't contradict what I said.

do whatever
sets are really cheap

>CLANK CLANK CLANK WHIRRRRRRRRRR

What issues does the steam launcher have?

I'm gonna tank a veteran dungeon in 1st person. Try and stop me.

I wish you luck user.

>Resto staff trait finally finished last night
>Adventure so I can make an upgrade from my level 16 Magnus Staff
>This QT Bosmer chillin'
Was a fair trek here, but well worth the upgrade.

FUCK, Geodude here
Imma be out at that time. I'll probs be on ~4 or 5 hours from now.

None, I don't think.

I bought it off steam. Just saw I could save dollars if I get it off G2A.

What happens if I refund the game through steam? Does my ESO account just lose the game key?

Is there a mod that actually changes first person FOV to something bearable?

Fucking stuck at work renting movies to fucking redguards when I could be playing with my dude geo and his QT bosmer ass. Feelsbadman

so can you be a legit healer in this game

>QT bosmer ass
U wot cunt, Jil is orsimer

How about some ugly Breton ass tho
inb4 fags start asking how to do this. It was a widespread glitch months ago

Also, see

Of course.

> Legit healer
As oppose to what? Fake healers?

Does anyone have any advice for a werewolf pvp build? Like medium vs heavy armor, dual wield vs sword/shield before transforming.

Also, I decided to make a stam sorc and stam templar. One of them is going to be a Khajiit, and the other is either going to be Orc or Redguard. Which race for which class should I choose /tesog/?

I know there's one memer around here who likes sorc Orc, but why?

I think it's in the settings.

does this game have nice cosmetics?

it has a very comfy noble suit

>I know there's one memer around here who likes sorc Orc

Das me

Stam sorc orc for gotta go fast speed. Make one so I can race you around town.

Your orc is puny.

Fun stuff, Zenimax "accidental" banned a stam sorc orc because several people was convinced that he was using a speedhack.

If you're willing to wait on the Stamplar, make it a Khajiit once they change their racial passives this update.

NA PC DC?

Say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens.

Yeah I heard about that. Apparently the system will only ban you if you're lagging slightly or something like that. Fengrush wasn't banned and he has a p fast orc. I just gotta be careful around town with my fiord's legacy set and steed mundus stone.

Yeah Khajiits are going to be best pve stam dps next patch. Their crit passive is already so good.

>Crit
>Stam recovery
>Max stam

I can't wait.

Word. Just got off. Dropping off bank deposit. Sorry it's obe that's the qt bosmer. But chu coo too my dude. Be on in like 20

they also suspended eu's no.1 vma nightblade with their automated cheat detection system. apparently you're not allowed to use refreshing path and sprint, or you're a cheater.

no talk of my qt dark elf? shame

Maybe he was a cheater though.

Who r u nwah? Don't remember playing with a dunmer on the reg

So it's because sorcs have that major expedition skill, right? Combined with Orc racial.

That sounds pretty fun.

ME ORC. ME FAST. ME RUN. NEVER LAST.

Been saving since I got the game a week ago

But why?

Black horse

Nothing beats grinding to get the roleplay value! What's this game without RP?

An MMO

An MMOG you mean

with a small loan of 4000 gold