/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General #22

Previous Dead Hot Fix Edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE
Pastebin with peek at what's in the full release in terms of levels: pastebin.com/FE58REXD
Pastebin with all of the values (perks/items/whatnot): pastebin.com/vCh6gxR6
Saved game with everything unlocked or whatever: mediafire.com/download/3qmzt3ok3p47xqw/TakeTHATsociety.profje

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

>Video of the thread
youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7IbACQVcI

>Latest Patch Notes (June 29 / v1.0.2)
steamcommunity.com/games/381210/announcements/detail/951765661114719944

>Latest Hot Fix Notes (June 30 / v1.0.2d)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415738213931163/

>Report hackers
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206087328621/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!plMXza6b!iNjAqierIShfJbckV_STSfzKbQW3PwJRALQmOLdwdbg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Meg!

Dwight!

FRANCIS

>sprint burst nerf

Why even fucking live?

Who else here wishes he was Meg and sucked on that massive Trapper cock?

BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED, I AM CAPTAIN :^)

>Wah, how dare they nerf something that was broken!!!!!

>that awkward moment when the guy on the left asks about their roles - if it's survivor or killer
>they respond awkwardly and don't know where to go from there

felt like a failed attempt at reassuring that they're playing their game

It wasn't broken. You could still catch Megs easily, unless they made it to the juke house, which was the real broken element (and is still not fixed).

I love how it switches every fucking threads

>OP has hacked save
>next thread has "REPORT HACKERS" part like anyone cares

fall out of map??????????????????????

At 3:45 in their video they talk about the window as being a "rare" tool for survivors.

Do they even play this game?

So what did this hot fix actually change? Patch notes are vague as fuck, i.e. "adjusted" instead of "increased/decreased." What kind of shit is that, devs?

How were the nerfs? Seems like this game heavily favors hunters

According to their stream since the patch yesterday survivor win rate has actually gone up gone up, likely a big part is juke spots are more known and trapper was bugged for a day, the only counter to juke spots.

No. They also suggest hiding in closets and using the flashlight to blind killers.

To be fair to them, hiding in closets CAN work.

The largest mistake people make is sprinting into them, though.

flashlight is pretty good but only against cloaked wraiths

Entering a closet makes a ton of noise even if you do it stealthily. If you're in heartbeat range the killer will hear it.

Closets only work pre-emptively, as in, if you have a psychic vision of the killer thinking of walking towards you.

I have actually had some good luck with closets lately, at high rank seems killers rarely check them. After I repair a gen I WALK to one and get in, when the killer is searching the area he loses interest and wonders off. Also it has saved me a couple times in the basement after I was unhooked with the killer on his way, if I hide and he searches the wrong one I can run out. Although mostly 50/50 since they can hear my whimpers.

>When you play survivor
>No one tries to get you off hooks
>When you play killer
>If you walk away for even a millsecond they descend on the hook and free each other.

>2 survivors left
>down one at the gate
>hook'em on a nearby hill
>see sprint scratches by the gate
>nothing there
>hooked one at 1/4 bar
>see new scratches at the foot of the hill
>almost immediately after a generator goes off on the other side of the map
>go over and they're waiting at the gate

Fucking how?

the difference is that you walk away, while when you're hangin, you're being camped

In which case you're better off hiding behind something.

>rank 20 survivors with 4 very/ultra rare perks

Getting tired of these survivors that join the lobby as the fourth player, wait until there is five seconds left and then leave. The match should start almost immediately after it is filled.

>be hanging
>like 2 people always hiding nearby ready to unhook while killer is camping
>they never get a chance to unhook and just wasted time not repairing

>someone gets hooked
>always decide to do 1 gen and go try to help/unhook
>they always attempt escape and don't struggle

Living is hard... is it really that hard to just stall for your team in 25% of the games where you get caught?

Tips for escaping during a chase? Seems like killers can stick to me like glue even if I juke and pull pallets down on them.

Always remember to go for that last second farm

>>they always attempt escape and don't struggle

fucking morons honestly, it should only be used as a last resort. I do think hook-sacrifices should take slightly longer though

Fuck, wish I did not waste points in hillbilly

I sort of feel the same way with Wraith. Then again, Trapper is godlike compared to anything else in this game, and Wraith would be amazing if not for juking bullshit.

wheres the farming

>Forced to leave a survivor on the ground for 30 seconds
>They somehow get away and find the hatch every single time

Ya I got to rank 1 with wraith, I never even ding dong spammed people on hooks I always just uncloak to scare people off gen, see if I can hit em once before to long then cloak and check other gens. Now it seems like every one bee lines to the maps juke spot once they hear the bell

Did they brake hatch grabbing? Any one know? Since yesterday seems every time some one jumps in I cant grab em.

10/10

It just had to be a Dwight, it's not even a meme.

If they did it was unintentional.

I want to tongue Meg's butthole

I don't usually reply to this kind of posts but damn, those are some fine tits.

>running from killer
>feels like hours
>team gets a generator
>I take a hit
>keep running
>another generator up
>I fuck up and get taken down
>hooked
>killer camps me
>another generator up
>he moves away for a minute
>miraculously escape
>he's back and madder than ever
>the hunt continues
>generator up
>too injured, can't hide
>he gets me again
>hooked x2
>final generator up
>killer literally standing there hitting me with his weapon
>all other survivors escape

y me

How the hell do you get away from a killer once he gets close to you? Breaking line of sight and walking away doesn't work because he moves at twenty times your walk speed.

So, the devs fixed the nonsense with survivors rage quitting, but killers can ragequit and you still lose rank. Is this a dream? Am I being punked? I don't really care about rank, but over and over the devs of this game prove just how retarded they are.

Why is there not voice emotes a la Resident evil outbreak? Maybe even some grunts for the killers

Do you even play the game?

You don't actually lose rank. It'll show you lose a pip at the post-match screen, but when you get back to the main menu it'll still be there.

When the match takes 10 minutes to load, does that mean one of the players is playing on a potato?

Any word on an ETA for survive with friends yet?

Also
>Rank 3 level 50
>Gets found first
>Hit him once
>He D/Cs
Thanks for the free points fag.

Please respond. Everyone can get away from me but I can never get away from anyone.

Yes, and so far, I've lost actual pips three different times AFTER the score screen. Meaning on the main menu, in the loadout screen, everything. Once after the killer just never loaded into the game, and twice from rage quits. And this was today.

My good friend, The Trapper, just got a hot fix for his troubles. Now's the perfect time to clean out all those old Trapper Daily Rituals you have just sitting there.

You did remember to complete your Daily Rituals, right /dbdg/?

I just did Jason, and it was a glorious 4 rounds straight of absolute slaughter

Must be a new bug then.

Too bad I keep getting wraith rituals.

When do daily rituals refresh EST?

Why must you remind me every single day Jason?

But Jason, I need to kill a survivor by my hand, but have not gotten a single offering to do so from levels 1 - 15. Why does the entity torment me so?

Seems around 9pm EST

you must become a shadow that walks user. perceive the world through the eyes of the killer, understand what his next plan of action is and plan accordingly.

crouch into something that disperses your profile and face your model away from him and look down, you'll break into the pattern of whatever you're crouching in and become significantly harder to see.

I haven't gotten any rituals today for some reason.

>2 Claudettes
>One with the self heal perk, the other with a first aid kit
>Try to taunt me so they can juke
>Walk into traps eventually
>They keep pulling each other off the hooks
>But they messed up, one of them got stuck on a rock while the other was in a trap
>Hook them both

Thanks for the 2 pips.

>ritual is saving survivors from hooks
>either can't break the habit of taking generators, killer is camping, or nobody fucking gets hooked

What a weird hell this is.

Soooo... did it work? Did I do it wrong?

Anyone else unable to join matches?

You didn't shine it long enough. You get a "Killer Burn" bonus if it works.

Anyone know how to dual-trap hooks so both people get trapped once they are unhooked?

>That coordinated rescue

I wish I had team mates like that

Assumed I'd just need to hit the face... can you at least aim anywhere on the body?

body works on cloaked wraith I believe. no idea though, I never use the damn thing.

Is the skeleton key instantly used or there's a charge time?

I can't find any videos of being used on the hatch

it's near instant if not instant. so you can use it while being chased with no issue.

It works anywhere. Aiming for the face will likely blind and burn.

>Only reason you don't want to switch killers for rituals is because you don't want to lose your rank

Yes it does

>caring

Is that true? You can aim for the body and it'll blind them, albeit at a slower speed?

Nice
Also, does anyone knows if you die with the add-on that prevents losing it on death and someone else picks it up and then dies, do both or more people end up with the skeleton key after the match?

Just look for a group of 20s.

what's the address for bp in the save file?

>Hook a survivor
>Someone tries to save her when she's struggling
>Her struggle bar goes away and she's just sitting on the hook
>Leave because she's bugged
>Someone rescues her literally 10 minutes later and she escapes
What the fucking shit...

Burn, not blind.

The only way I can deal with the magic bus as a wraith is to let them get the generator next to it especially on Azarov's Resting Place.

Which I've gotten 7 times in a row now.

I've found that after the gates are open, everyone is much more likely to risk life and limb to help you out.

Maybe they're just farming altruism points, but I appreciate it when I get my stupid ass caught by the killer while I'm trying to scavenge for an item to take on my way out.

Burn? What does burn do, exactly.. ?

Same thing as blind, stuns them.
Its a term used exclusively with wraith.

Stuns them for a fair amount of time and forces them to decloak.

At what point does the cheese part happen, that's amazing.

Forces Wraiths out of cloak and stuns them.

Classic Dwight

Ohhh. I didn't know that. You learn something new every day.

It is the only genuine use for the flashlight. You don't have to hit them in the face which means it actually works.

Reminds me of when the Thief 2014 devs were asked if it would be possible to ghost the whole game and they thought they were asking if it had invisibility cheats. Developers are disgusting creatures.

I just uploaded the entire soundtrack to mega if anyone cares

mega.nz/#!plMXza6b!iNjAqierIShfJbckV_STSfzKbQW3PwJRALQmOLdwdbg

post artbook pls

Dont have it, sorry dude

I had four people disconnect on me just now and still got a pip. Playing Killer is glorious now.