Ok guys here is the secret to being financially independent: save your fucking money

Ok guys here is the secret to being financially independent: save your fucking money.

Save as much as you can.

Stop looking for the holy grail stock or crypto. Stop trying to become an investment banker because you saw Wolf of Wall Street and are confused by the difference between a penny stock broker and an analyst. Stop trying to do all this dumb MLM bullshit and scam your friends. Stop looking for items on AliBaba to sell on Amazon.

Just get a job, work your ass off, and save your money. There is no easy way out, you aren't going to hit the lottery. There is no magic trick we're all hiding from you. Just get a fucking job, and stop spending money on dumb shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

millennialmoneyman.com/5-money-hacks-will-help-pay-off-student-loans/
alunacrypto.blogspot.sg/
onlygold.com/Info/History-Of-Gold.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll have a million by 60! Yeah!

Well said. But people hate hearing the truth, unfortunately. Maybe I'll start a school of crypto currency trading to fleece some idiots

Truth OP, people spend way to much in general.

t. Defeatists

why not start a company?
not a fund nor a scammy mlm bullshit but a solid company? Talk me out of doing that plz.

Well I think something like 1% of new business succeed after 5 years (i.e show net profit). And almost all businesses show loss for the first few years.

If you want to start a business, you should have enough money to support yourself for the inevitable loss period(s). I'd say an easier way to make money is to get into real estate. If you're a first time home owner, with decent credit, you can get a FHA loan with low down and competitive interest rates. The caveat is you have to live in the house for at least year, but this is fine as long you buy a multi-plex.

2 or 3 (even 4 if you can find one) family houses are a good investment with this type of loan. All you need to show is that you have stable income high enough to pay the monthly minimums. You live in one unit, rent out the rest to cover the mortgage and make some extra profit (which you will need to cover costs and vacancy downtimes)

Finally when the value of the house appreciates (which it will if you bought the right house at the right time) you can use a 1033 tax-deferred exchange to sell the house tax-free and use the money to move into a bigger, better house and do the same thing all over again.

Op's advice is astute in that sense--you'll need savings for the down payment. But just hoarding money is a useless endeavor; put it to work.

good advice.
why not have a profitable company, take loan and risk in the company name and acquire real estate that way, pay yourself a salary or dividends, and liquidate when you feel that the timing is right. Rinse and repeat then.

Well the first point
>have a profitable company
is the problem. As I stated in the other post, this is not trivial to achieve.

However, otherwise the plan is quite solid. What you're describing is pretty much a REIT, it can offer great tax shelters but it also requires a large amount of starting capital (i.e investors). You'll also need lawyers to set up the REIT.

What I suggested can be done with anyone with some savings, a good credit score, patience and the intelligence to profit, not when you sell, but when you buy.

yep.
but i realize you could do this without even have a profitable company. The llc will just act as a proxy to transfer risk, but I recon that a bank will be more wary to loan to an llc.
anywas good intel thks user

I can confirm this is true, but boring. I am 30, make just under $100k/year and have a net worth over $500k by saving aggressively and making relatively conservative investments (including a house). This is not glamorous, but at least I know I ought to be able to take care of myself and retire at a reasonable age. I'm content with my decent house, reliable car and small luxuries.

The real path to wealth, though it sounds cliched is to be satisfied with whatever you have.

The guy who always wants more is always going to be poor.

kek fuck that

Everyone wants more you faggot, we're the ones actually working to have more.

Good advice ,I built up $65k in savings by cutting my spending down ,You don't need a brand new car or the latest phone/gadget,I see so many people living from paycheque to paycheque yet insist on buying the latest smartphone or Xbox ,car on finance etc

Confirmed. I used to be materialistic when I was in my teens and early 20s. At some point, I realized that is a never ending ride. I appreciate what I have but still strive to improve myself. I'm not thinking about doing it because I want more stuff though. In fact, I have spent the last five years consciously getting rid of a lot of a lot of the things I've acquired over the years. It feels nice to be happier with less. I don't expect everyone to share those feelings though. If I told that to myself ten years ago, I would have thought it sounded stupid.

>This is what poor people tell themselves.

Poor people tell themselves its hopeless because they are being held down by the man and they spend what little extra money they have on frivolous things. Or are you calling anyone who isn't a self-aggrandizing narcissist a poor person?

I don't think you get the point of having money OP?
You don't make money so you have money and you tell people "I have money".
You make money to spend it on shit

every person that i met and told me "money doesn't matter u kno ;^D" were in a comfortable financial situation.

>I couldn't succeed at investing so no one can, the post

truth
backup:
>millennialmoneyman.com/5-money-hacks-will-help-pay-off-student-loans/

>I'd say an easier way to make money is to get into real estate
stopped reading
STAY KEK. GOLD STANDARD.

I just made about 150 BTC this year from MAID, XMR, ETC and FCT. I started with 15 BTC.

There have been several projects that have performed amazingly well. Synereo went 1000%+, imagine I invested only 100 bucks on that.

You guys are fucking PUSSIES. Saving money = coping. Working while knowing you'll be a cuck for life = might as well kill yourself.

If you are not a lost cause grandpa and you are a 20 something NEET with a lot of free time and you aren't reading about crypto 24/7, you deserve a bullet to the brain.

There are so fucking many opportunities to get rich.

Aware me, Friend. I'm a 20 something NEET

Money doesn't matter, you know.

Saving doesn't get anyone financial independence. You get financial independence by starting a business that everyone needs. Basically investing and entrepreneurship are what lead to success.

start here
alunacrypto.blogspot.sg/

>Stop looking for items on AliBaba to sell on Amazon.

but user I know people selling 100k a month doing that you just had to find the niche. and a lot more in their way to 50k.

Yes I just ordered a crate of private label beard oil from China. I project my first $1,000,000 in sales within the first week.

What if I save money, make low risk investments, and spend a dollar a month on the lotto?

By 'save your money' you mean 'invest your money', right?

Keeping your purchasing power in cash is a terrible idea.

> 1% of new businesses succeed

Because almost everyone is stupid and starts a dumb business like the 724th Italian restaurant in London or the 4,042nd bar in New York. Once you filter out all of the obvious no-hopers, the odds are a lot better.

If you start a fundamentally new business that meets a genuine need, you have a much better than 1% chance of success.

Can I just buy a tiny little shack and a soda dispenser and man it like 12 hours a day? Profit margins on soda is around 200%.

What is the maximum you think you could actually net per year from such an operation?

Probably better to get a cart and cruise around popular beaches

This.
I'll fight for my freedom until I find it or I die.
Fuck working hard. Work smart

Wrong nigger. I'm 24 and have saved 35K+ per year for the last 2 years.

My expenses consist of seasonal parking for metro, metro ticket, gym membership, supplements, and clothes.

Parents pay for everything else. Million by 60 is only for cucks who can't force themselves to save over 10-15K a year.

Not everyone is a spoiled bitch who leeches off their parents. Men have mouths to feed and hold their own. And no matter how much protein u drink and weights you lift it wont make up for you being an autistic small cock no sack faggit.

Just because couldn't give you any advantages doesn't mean you have to be rude to him.
Envy is unflattering on the macho manly man you want to pretend you are.

Just because *your parents

> save your fucking money.
HOW you fucking retard? How can you save money when you're a minimum wage loser who can barely make ends meet? How can you save money when all your cash simply goes on tax payment and food? You fucking ignorant retard.

Because you have no money, your most important resource is time which you should be using to educate yourself so you can get a better job do you can save money

let's say I'm an average American making about $40k/year.

now let's agree that that's about $30k after taxes.

next let's pretend the bare minimum I can survive on is $15k, half of my take home. I'll be living in a cardboard box and eating ramen noodles and cardboard three times a day. But let's pretend.

So if I live like a little homeless person I can perhaps save about $15k/year. If I wanted to save $1 million I'd need to work for 67 years while living in a cardboard box and eating ramen noodles. If I start working at 18 I will be 85 years when I have saved a million bucks.

this is perhaps the worst financial advice ever offered on Veeky Forums. Congratulations.

Yeah but how does someone become a millionaire by only saving their money?

You are restricted to only making as much as your job is willing to pay you.

There isn't a one size fits all rule when it comes to the emotional value money

>Well I think something like 1% of new business succeed after 5 years (i.e show net profit).
about 90% of that can be chalked up to businesses set up as flow-through entities for tax purposes.

the remaining 9% would be because the general public is a pack of idiots when it comes to business ideas and principles.

The successful 1% are the few that are trying to make money rather than lose it for a tax write off, and intelligent and persistent enough to know what works or keep trying until they find it.

If you already know how to run a business and know what makes money your odds go up significantly. It's no accident that the same people usually launch multiple successful businesses while others have several failures. The idea that any idiot off the street can start a successful business is bunk, but lots of aspiring entrepreneurs fall for it.

>Stop looking for the holy grail stock or crypto.

Ok I just stopped reading there, after i made thousands off monero

Real estate is the shit. I own a small but tidy house in a nearby town. Its rented out and makes me 70 bucks a week after mortgage and insurance. And when I retire I'll have my own freehold house to live in, all paid for by someone else

> $70 per week

Is this a joke?

I've heard that it's not so much a predictable percentage of businesses that fail, but a predictable percentage of ideas.

>Ok guys here is the secret to being financially independent

There isn't a universal secret retard, people will find what works best for them.

>lol the secret to being rich is just to save money and live like a hermit and not try to aspire to be more successful lol

Piss off.

If you have a good job and invest your earnings, you'll have much more than that

This. When will nocoiners learn?

>everyone has the brain wirings to learn higher paying jobs
is this how you cope?

no fuck off consumerist pig
money is power

real money, not tied up into assets like some shitty house in suburbia

no one cares about your piddly thousands, NEET

a diversified portfolio of 1 million will give you 40k to live off of for the rest of your life

>cope

enjoy your granny investments.. you will never feel the rush of buying something at 1 cent and selling at $12 a piece because you are a nocoiner.. you are a financial retard

> 40k

> live off

> live off 40k

>hurr durr look at me i live in nyc or sf

I don't even live in your 'United States'.

ok well rent for a 1br here is $800, so just to have a nice place to live with utilities is like $12k/year
the rest can go to food, entertainment, travel, and hobbies because you have no debts
in addition youre only taxed at long term capital gains rate in a taxable account

this is financial independence

Why would you want to live in a one bedroom apartment like a penniless student or a recently-released convict?

t. Bank Owner

Most savings account net you nothing because of current steady inflation rates, im not looking to sit on my money, I want to make more of it. The only people who profit from banking are the people who run it.

Been considering this but 24 hour vending machines.

Then its unmanned and 100% profit. Crime is low here and i do expect an occasional cunt, im putting hidden and obvious cameras all over that bitch.

There is a near 100% chance i can figure out who it is just by face.

That being said the initial cash investment and low foot traffic makes me thibk im about to wind up with a cuckshead and 7 vending machines to unload ;( dunno.

>ignorant
>retard
>tryhard faggot working for minimum wage

user i make 18 bucks and hour 50+ hours a week when average starting pay is 13 bucks at my job.

Fucking stop flipping burgers and blaming everyone else.

Get a job that requires actual work....

>Mfw that million bucks in 60 years will be worth like 140 bucks.

KEK

Buy ethereum

The fuck would it be a joke for. So long as expenses and tax are included thats pretty good. Not to mention depreciation tax rwrite off and hopefully its in a neighborhood that is appreciating.

How many houses could u afford to own for $280 free money a month.

Ill take about 10 million please.

>diversified portfolio

You mean diversified accross asset classes and not just paper assets like a fucking newfag cuck right?

Because if not u had better learn real estate and oil investment and other before 2008 comes back and dicks u down like the faggot you are being.

If so then yeah, lol. This exactly.

Wage slave advice

Your early 20s you should be taking risks and experimenting.

Nice boring life you fucking loser.

Until the market crashes and u gotta be a door greater at walmart.

Jesus user.

Best diversify.

And i dont mean in stocks i mean in precious metals, oil, real estate, etc.

This is bull shit op.

Sure if you make alot in the first place that might work. Its not hard to not spend money on stupid shit.

But no one does that.

I don't by shit for my self, food, bills.

That doesn't do me any good with how much living costs are. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth.

And me sacrificing small amounts of luxury isn't going to help that much when no matter what bills take over.

You do not realize how life really works.

Investing is a good way to secure your savings if you're smart.

Ain't nobody trying to be wolf of wall street either. That's a god damn movie. Same with the face book movie. That's not how it happened , what a load of garbage. Go fuck yourself. This world is shit and your shit

>you aren't going to hit the lottery

don't usually do the lotto but I'm doing it tonight just to prove you wrong.

You always read about lotto winners buying a ticket for stupid reasons. It's my turn now boyos. Next post will be from my yacht.

make it from your yak instead

C.U.C.K F.O.R. L.I.F.E

C.U.C.K F.O.R. L.I.F.E
forgot to tag you as well

OP here. I take it by all of the crypto dreamers that made a few grand one time getting mad that I've struck a nerve.

My point isn't that you shouldn't invest. My point isn't that you should sit on a pile of cash your whole life. My point is that first, you need savings to invest. You need a job so you can learn how to run a business. How are you going to invest with no money and no knowledge? You can't. You'll lose every time.

I see so many posts on this board about "I have $1,000, what coin do I invest in?" No. you don't. You stick that money in your piggy bank for a rainy day. Then when you want to make a big boy move, it's there.

I've had amazing independence in my life. Why? Because I bust my ass, save my money for when I can put it to use. This year I quit my job because I was tired of it. This isn't the first time either. I have enough savings to last me years without working. This is a level of independence that I cherish and you should too. Having a big cushion will let you make a jump, take a chance, and live your life the way you want to.

The average wagecuck couldn't save more than 5k per year.

Saving is for rich people.

When saving money, keep less than 30% of it in fiat. Fiat will die in our lifetime. But property, bullion, stock, BTC for REAL security in times of an economic collapse.

When the US dollar is worth nothing, your house will still have value.

Don't be like little Fraulen Gretel here, her parents "saved" their money and she went hungry and died. Don't be like Gretel's parents.

So, if you're stuck in a situation where you have literally ZERO options to increase your income (which is always will be false, but i'll entertain the idea).

So you are stuck at the same income your entire life, "how" do you save, you ask? If you can't change your income, what CAN you change as a consumer? Your spending? ding ding ding

Just cut your spending you mongoloid, instead of shitposting about how poor and stupid you are on this mongolian businessman webblog, go budget properly and cut costs as much as possible, then allocate those saved fund to SAVINGS, not the newest pair of Jordans you nigger.

t. literally a cambodian fisherman

$4.9k is a good starting point though

>BTC for REAL security

BTC is proof of work, there is also a finite amount of it.

You'd be a serious retard to not think that it won't retain value for a long time. It's quite literally digital gold.

im curious
can you make jewelry tools or weapons with digital gold?

Does this look stable to you??

>When will nocoiners learn?
I'm trying to learn user.
I swear.
Any other resources than just the aluna crypto guide you can share?

What do you do?

Actual Work.

Make $14.40 an hour 50 hours a week shitposting on Veeky Forums and chilling out listening to streaming Internet radio.

Have side job washing dishes for $9 an hour with zero chill and asshole sous chefs who regard a phoneward glance as the Act of Ultimate Betrayal.

...actual work.

instability due to being a pioneer in digital currency, it will stabilize completely once it hits the soft cap of minted coins in 2030

>gold
>one of the softest, most malleable metals known to mankind
>weapons

wew there lad

besides being pretty and being a conductor, gold has no real use

>it will stabilize completely once it hits the soft cap of minted coins in 2030

This shows you really have no idea what you're talking about. No currency "stabilizes completely", ever.

>gold has no real use

lol you don't actually believe that, do you? There is gold in whatever device you're shitposting from right now.

I save my money because I'm scared as shit of losing it to something stupid.

And I know my money should be moving to assets or shit like that, I just dont know what to do.

it will stabilize relative to its history and past performance, stop projecting

>lol you don't actually believe that, do you? There is gold in whatever device you're shitposting from right now.

I clearly said it has a use as a conductor here What I'm more concerned with is that you think gold is useful as a weapon

you're pretty pathetic by being so inflammatory and projecting this hard over such a petty conversation

you're not arguing with me, you're arguing with a six thousand year old bartering culture.

onlygold.com/Info/History-Of-Gold.asp

Well this thread ended it, I will literally never visit this board again. OP makes the most realistic post about becoming FI and looking through the replies I now know that BIZ is a bunch of fucking loser retards.

>If you do not know how to perform a compounding forumula, learn it
>If you do not understand what "savings rate" is look it up

Fuck around with those two concepts and you might stumble upon the fact that an average wage earner can indeed retire very early

I am going to retire in the next 5 years with roughly 3 times what my expenses are

>mfw the government prints more money and destroys a lifetime of savings overnight by inflation

saving your worth in fiat is one of the worst things you can possibly do

>What I'm more concerned with is that you think gold is useful as a weapon

>never played Golden Eye

WTF are you talking about autist, who said anything about "fiat"

You put your money in a low cost index fund.. just dump your money in