/acg/ - damage-resistant middle general

Cripple edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kvTGFm4pw70
youtube.com/watch?v=ww53Lr4rtIY
en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm4190652
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ded already.

Live acg.

Could it be defeated by actual Normals from the AC4/FA era?

I doubt it the lack of quickboost will make any normal to die just by the missiles, and the normals of 4 era are not like the classics, probably because the advent of NEXT, they were downgraded to mass produce series with fixed weapons.

How do I beat defend cradle 03?

Wake up

High energy output, high flight mobility, long range weapons, and a good radar/FCS.

The normals in FA seem to be closer to the larger support MTs from AC2/AC3.

Flares, Kojima weapon arms, chaingun or something on the left back slot, and a radar unit. Use boosters with cheap flight, pop flares and wit for Oldking to go for a shotgun hit, then melt his face off.

I seriously wish there weren't decals on this drawing. It ruins it so much

How do you handle the 002-B/ drone nexts? Was annoying with the back cradle 21

Uh, I never really had problems with them honestly. If you want we can coop the mission right now

Can't ATM, doing attempt tomorrow.

The prototype nexts have PA, so you should use lasers or sniper rifles to take them down. If you try normal rifles or grenades, they'll resist.

You also need to figure out when they're charging up their laser blades and avoid that attack, as it can really hurt.

I like to think they are a mix withing AC and MT, going more for the MT side. Like MT upgrade to use AC weapons but lacking everthing else. The closest thing to a classic AC in 4 is the bharad squad but with them going full melee and the lack of flight they are a joke.

This is closer than bharat squadron.

Well there is that sniper squad you fight in a snowstorm who show off that normals can be pretty dangerous because of the strong weaponry they can mount. You just need to deploy them intelligently instead of plopping them down as frontline cannon fodder.

>diferent extension in each shoulder.

Imagine all the posibilities.

That was the exact thought I had, too.

Imagine if you had an ACVD-speed game with AC4's weight balance system, but no stabilizers.

Heavy melee mechs or something like X00 would heavily unbalance you, and your weight balance might help determine kicking power (kicks from the 'light' side don't hurt as much, for example)..

I'd really like a slower AC game that still had the sense of balance/poise/momentum of AC4. It was one of the few things I sort of missed from that generation

So you could equip a heavy shoulder on one end to balance out your mech, I mean.

Also, I think that stabilizers, in general, defeated the purpose of balancing weight. It was too easy to change your weight balance that you never felt like it part of building a proper mech, it was just another thing to add on to your current mech. With no stabilizers (or dramatically reduced effect) you have to pick your weapon loadout more carefully.

If they reintroduce the "exclusive for one arm" weapons form the olders games this will be tricky.

I wish there was an ambush mission where you get set up and have to fight off tons of Normals, all of them playing to their strengths to overwhelm you. It could be like that one arc from Gundam 00 where they rused the protags and almost beat all the Gundams with only mook suits through war of attrition.

Normals really feel like wasted potential to me. They should have been a lot more dangerous and had better AI and weapons. Silent Avalanche and the Algebra elite team are the only ones that were even somewhat challenging. GA's Normals were just straight up jobbers.

>Mission objective,:destroy a kojima generator inside in X facilitie.
>Objective destroy, initiating lock down.
>get swarmed by a mix of melee and heavy weapons normals.
>the whole escape is under constant fire.

There are a lot of missions like this, but From has always been pussies and only given you a few MTs at a time in each one.

The closest example I can think of is where you go to destroy an AI AC in one of the games, and there is a locked door and an unlimited number of enemy spawns. Or that spaceport battle in AC2 where you have to fight for a few minutes non stop against infinitely spawning enemies.

We're specifically talking about Normals though, so AC4 and FA.

>implying normals aren't just MTs by another name

Literally every indoor mission in 4 and FA was like that, they just never sent enough at you at any one point to be a threat

Now I want a game where you pilot a normal and take our NEXTs with your squad.

Well that's basically VD and the special sortie against black glint.

Except Black Glint eitheris a huge pussy or Gen 5 ACs are more advanced than we give them credit for.
Make fighting a vastly superior machine an actual difficult task, and have the protagonist's mechs be completely outclassed in every way, like normals/MTs usually are.
I'm talking a spinoff game where you decide your entire squad's formation and unit type, and losses are expected in each mission. Make fighting a NEXT in open combat an incredibly scary scenario where you're very likely to get destroyed hard unless you start thinking outside the box. Have some small-scale stuff that would usually go unnoticed from the player's perspective be regular mission material (kinda like classic AC missions) and have some big missions like providing support for a NEXTin a big battle, arms forts and everything, except if you only destroy enemy normals and leave both pilots to duke it out your Lynx will get wrecked hard, so you have to sneak up and hit the enemy pilot in the back or you'll have to deal with an angry and barely hurt super robot in an open area.
Basically make your normal squad into the unsung heroes, securing important objectives through infiltration and winning against much larger opposition through clever planning and tactics instead of raw piloting skill or firepower.
Add squad management and have a completely destroyed unit be removed until you purchase a new one, so you gotta manage your resources. You have to work with standard mass-produced models but can slowly customize them later, maybe eventually getting more freedom in your part choices.
This isn't really an AC game anymore, but if they can make Formula Front, they can make this as a side game.

I am already thinking in game with a complete focus on multiplayer with different game modes.

The basic of the game could VD for team deathmatch and stuff like that, some special modes were one player can use a NEXT and the rest of the team normals ACs, the missions will end being something like monster hunter with the focus on a team fighting one big enemy. Some could be full normals against special enemy, one NEXT and normal team for a special enemy and full NEXT team agaisnt something out of WH40K or the most broken

Armored Core: Corporation Crew

Sounds sort of like Mechwarrior Mercenaries. You should give it a shot if you haven't played it before.

The rest is up to you.

This is all I can do.

Sup cunts. Ausfag here. I just picked up a bluetooth headset, so as soon as I get VD downloaded I'll be set to fly some robots around with you.

Good night /acg/

Exactly what I wanted in the series since extensions were introduced. Wish they could've done that.

ACVD hardcore mode anyone?
Planning on type C soon, the one with 50x ammo cost and 3x repair costs

Should be one of the harder ones I think

Bump.

Asymmetric multiplayer, in AC, basically. I like that.

I like the idea of conquest multiplayer being more like the base system from Peace Walker. You can buy UNACs and turrets and outfit your base, and if they die in a mission they have to be replaced entirely before the next one.

Instead of your team being purchased by cash from missions, it's "income", so the number of team members and UNACs adds to your total income, which lets you build and activate larger weapons to defend your base with.

Maybe each person's individual territory would be a % of the team's total income, so if you're a part of a larger team, you get more options for territory defense. Capturing other territories would also add, so if you were a single player who held a lot of territory you could actually have more individual defense stuff than most full player teams.

After you get enough, you can start buying larger AI weapons like LiV or Black Glint for certain maps.

I think the biggest problem with V/VD's territory system is that once you bought your defense stuff, you always had it. So it was more about grinding cash until you could buy everything, rather than holding onto resources/income streams.

Combine that with the ability for team members to have some administrative ability over their own territory (while the team leader manages the resources for the whole team) and it would scale much better.

Basically, there would be a lot more organization and strategy if territory defenses were more of a threat / scaled up with players. It would also eliminate the monotony of box missions for undefended areas.

Is this game good?
It's on sale on PSN.
Does it have active online userbase?

Best PS3 game (fuck the guys who think FA is better), online is sort of active if you buy the Japanese copy, otherwise you'll need to add friends and network a bit to find matches. Not a problem if you're around here /reddit/discord.

Noice.

Bump.

>Asymmetric multiplayer

How many games do this? is very rare mechanic.

Stay alive acg

I was thinking about the single player mode when I wrote that, but it could probably also work for multiplayer. You could have different modes like open combat with both parties throwing in all they have, base attack/defense, stuff like that. The maps would need to be much larger and with more sneaky passages to make it work though.
And I don't think NEXTs should be controllable for either multi- or single player. That would just be FA, and everyone would want to play as the Hero Unit. It defeats the purpose of not giving the players the strongest entity in the game.
Having NEXTS as NPC units would be pretty cool, though. Maybe set a maximum budget limit depending on the map size, and have different units take up different amounts of money. Also, no territory stuff where the home team gets a huge advantage please. That will just make big teams take control of the entire map.

For the story, you could have a nice squad-focus where you're the commander. Kinda like Ace Combat does it at times, actually. Or that one Gundam series that was supposed to be about the rank and file pilots.

Bump.

I wish FA had some cool Arms Fort VS Arms Fort missions. The Cabracan twist where the allied AF shows up to help you was pretty cool, they should have done more stuff like that. Or had you occasionally defending an Arms Fort instead of just attacking them.

What would be some cool AF fights to have? Do you think anything could reasonably take on Motherwill? Giga Base might have a shot if it can catch Motherwill near an ocean or river, but I don't think it could actually win. Answerer would be another tough one due to the Primal Armor, I don't think any of the close range AFs would stand a chance against it.

>Cabracan blind-siding Great Wall

Take all of my money.

Answerer is missing long-range offense though, so it would be a stalemate.

>Cabracan literally cutting Great Wall in half
That would actually be a pretty good counter to it. It could also launch the drones to take out gun turrets to help it approach easier.

Depends on where you slice. Remember that Great Wall can detach wagons.

That's still a strategic victory. Do you think it's cheap to replace those detached cars? You're also just handing over the contents of them (we see that they're filled with inactive Normals and other equipment) to the enemy for free. I'm pretty sure Great Wall only bothered to do that in the first place because Strayed is a motherfucker and they had no other options left.

If they detach cars in order to evade Cabracan, Cabracan still wins when they seize all of the gear left behind.

>no 2

why is Q?
>ACVD hardcore mode
i never got around to playing that.
maybe i'll hit the game up again one of these days, seems like there's been a very small resurgence in interest.
how much?
i'd get it for $10 - $15, it's OK as a single player game but it is really multiplayer-focused, like said it'll take some effort on your part to link up and play with people. multiplayer is the real meat of the game, sadly we all ate that steak a long time ago and there's only bones left.
i don't think motherwill's as powerful as it seems
they talk about how it is a relic at that point
and it seems to catch on fire a lot (probably cause there's no radiators in 4th gen, fucking idiots)

>Cabracan blind-siding Great Wall

This, so much. Imagine your job is to help the cabracan to reach Great Wall, this could be from somehow stopping Great Wall from moving, to then defend Cabracan of getting destroyed by all the concentrare fire of the great wall while it get close to finish the job.

>Stigro VS Multiples Giga base.

Having to distract or destroy Giga Base main weapon so Stigro can get close withouth danger to cut the thing in half.

>i don't think motherwill's as powerful as it seems
Against a Next, sure. But think about how slow other AFs are. It's literally impossible for any of them to get close to Motherwill before they're shredded by the main guns. When you think of them in that context, Motherwill is a lot more useful than it seems. The only possible way to destroy it is with the risky VOB plan, or fighting it with equally long ranged weapons and hoping you can outlast or outgun it (so basically spamming a fleet of Giga Bases at it by catching Motherwill off guard near a body of water).

Bump.

If we all get on at the same time we'll have a team of 4 people again, so that's something at least. Once ausfag finishes the download we could even have an operator

Bump.

>tfw you find a Rare Thinker
youtube.com/watch?v=kvTGFm4pw70

It's not even that good, but I love this song so much that any new version of it is satisfying to listen to.

Imagine Answerer vs Sol Dios Land crabs.

Kojima...... everywhere!

>the two wrecked AFs are scattered across the contaminated battlefield
>there are a few survivors left, but they've been so irradiated that they'll probably die in a few minutes anyway
>the last thing they see before succumbing to the radiation is a korean guy standing over their body with a big shit eating grin
>"Didju rike it?"

Bump.

Does Life In Ash actually play in an AC game? If so, which game and at what part?

youtube.com/watch?v=ww53Lr4rtIY

I remember hearing that the AC4 ending made more sense in the Japanese version. What exactly was different from the English translation?

Apparently it omitted the reason for o brien to attack anatolia.

Bigger question is, any clips of Japan va destroy cradle 03? What did Old King hum?

En translation forgot to mention that O'Brien was forced to attack Anatolia because Omer threatened to blow up his home instead (Aspina) if he refused.

Bampu desu ne

If Otsdarva didn't job on purpose, could he have actually stood a chance against White Glint?

Bump.

Not neccesary a body of water, remember cabracan, we can see a land giga base in that mission.

In japanese Old King is humming fucking Thinker! No love for us.

Now I want to hear Thinker feat. Oldking - genocide edition

Musicfags do your job.

en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm4190652

Try this, pay attetion when Oldking is humming.

I thought O'Brien's home was Anatolia, and they were pulling a catch 22 on him with a "either you destroy the town, or we will" kinda gig.

4 protagonist is the one from Anatolia, O'Brien is from Aspina that is in the same situation like you, fighting to sustain a small yet independant colony from the coorporated rule, is one of the reason O'Brien became your friend.

LIVE.

ac6 when

>be merc
>get hired by summer sale newbie, he has just beaten mission 2 according to achievements
>fight UWs as a team of two people
>kill all of them with pretty much no help
>still lose 80k thanks to huge ammo expenses
>get ranked down from S to C

Thanks From

Seriously, why isn't merc pay based on contribution to the win, be it kills or damage dealt? Easily trackable.

Oh, and apparently the sale did breathe some new life into the game. There's quite a few people hiring for story missions right now.

No dying

Final bump from me for today, if it dies so be it