Tfw a pathetic 3% annual return on $1 million inheritance still yields you a risk free above min wage $30...

>tfw a pathetic 3% annual return on $1 million inheritance still yields you a risk free above min wage $30,000 pa salary for life without having to work or do anything

Enlighten me why we don't tax the rich more Veeky Forums? And by rich I mean net worths >$1 million

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/top-20-of-earners-pay-84-of-income-tax-1428674384
businessinsider.com/common-myths-about-rich-people-2015-6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because the rich are the ones who make the laws

Because you can use the same argument to tax the shit out of anyone with $100,000.
Just ask Maryland.

Why don't you use that 1 million dollars to make 1.5 million dollars on Poloniex in less than a month?

>Enlighten me why we don't tax the rich more Veeky Forums?
Because in a capitalist society we don't punish people for being successful. There are other systems where economic equality is enforced by law, but that didn't work so well for Soviet Russia or any other Communist country.

The only equality that you're entitled to in America is equality of opportunity. Not equality of wealth, not equality of income, not equality of standard of living. Everyone gets the same chance to compete on a level playing field using the skills, talents, and gifts that God gave them.

Unhappy with the cards you got dealt versus someone else? Take it up with God, not the IRS.

Because the rich, who are also people, don't exist for the sake of providing autismbux to NEETS.

If you aren't rich you're a slave to the rich.

Who do you think pays the most tax currently? Niggers on EBT?

u r dum head

Taxing the rich will only drag capitalism out even longer.

Accelerationist, Vote for anyone who will give the rich more. I want the rich to have it all so it chokes this system out.

Are you proposing taxing interest earned at a higher rate than wages?

Because why should you pay a high tax rate on that $30,000 if I have a job that pays me $30,000 and I pay lower taxes?

What's the difference?

>use state resources to get rich
>make your riches off the back of citizens
>"I SHOULDNT HAVE TO PAY TAXES BECAUSE MUH CAPITALISM"

The rich already pay more than everyone else, though.

Yeah, and they use more than everyone else too.

Because rich people are 99% more likely to be a more valuable asset to the state than your average poor fuck.

>Everyone gets the same chance to compete on a level playing field using the skills, talents, and gifts that God gave them.

You're right about some opportunity being present but this is the most bluepilled bullshit Ive heard.

>Implying you don't have every opportunity to go to college and get a trade.

I understand that it's easy to get sucked into shit culture if that's what you're raised around, but you still have an inherent choice as to whether you're going to educate yourself or be a fuck up.

twin brothers, Tim and Jim

Tim gets an education, starts a career, gets married, buys a house. Saves his money and pays down the mortgage quicker than necessary. Gets a good amount of equity built up in his house. Decides to buy a duplex rental property because he likes DIY renos and yardwork and shit. He rents out the duplex and is a decent landlord, builds up equity in his rental property. He has a kid a few years after getting married, when he feels like he has stability. Decides to diversify in his investments so he doesn't get smoked by too much exposure to real estate. Starts investing in index funds because he knows jack shit about stock picking and he's read books by Bogle and Buffet. In the stock market his money doubles every 10 years. He uses some of his equity to start up a small business. It fails in three years. He learns from that, then starts a different business, and it thrives. He launches a couple of franchises in different neighboring cities. He's made it. He's a millionaire now, at age of 52.

His brother Jim knows that wage-cucks are suckahs and that stocks and real-estate are memey-memes. He has a thousand bucks he made selling eighths of weed to local high school kids and puts it all in some flavor of the week crypto-currency. He loses 85% of it in two months and then goes around talking about how the game is rigged against the 99% and how we should tear it all down. Most of his disposable income goes towards meth, COD, and Doritos. He joins a Bernie Sanders group on FB.

We should really tax the fuck out of Tim and give it to Jim, because equality and shit.

>Most of his disposable income goes towards meth, COD, and Doritos.
Don't post about me thx

while we're making up fantasies...

Dave worked hard all his life, always paid his taxes and coached a local baseball team for children. He gets cancer and spends all of his savings to pay for his medical costs. He sold his house, now he lives out of his car and can't always afford to eat. He was working on a great invention that would have really contributed to our society but will never finish it because, well, he's totally fucked. Fuck Dave right? He deserves to rot. Haha, should have been born rich, amirite?

I've met zero daves in my life yet encounter losers all the time

>implying skills and education matter more than family connections and safety nets

>He gets cancer
>he's totally fucked
It's not like he didn't know how bad smoking is for you.

>Never met someone like this.
>Therefore he doesn't exist.

>have 1000000x more wealth
>I pay 1.5% more taxes!!! The system is fair!!!!

>this is what trust fund babies actually believe
so cute

>probably also paying 1000x your net worth/yearly budget
>the system is fair

>implying the relative wealth he pays more in taxes isn't to him the equivalent of a penny in the average person's pocket
stop embarassing yourself user

i'd say everyone has equal access to the field but you are naive as fuck if you think that the field itself is level

some people are born really far away from it too

>implying you know what money is worth to someone else
Speaking of embarrassments..

Aiden was born to rich parents. He went to a private catholic school in America where his echo chamber consisted of other children of privilege whose narrative all came from their parents selected media. Plays a lot of lacrosse and is acquitted of rape. Parents are able to "donate" his way into an ivy league university and is given a job at one of his dad's businesses supervising people who had been there 15 years. His parents die and after 6 years of toying with people's futures his trust fund becomes his and he closes the shop and fires everybody and retires, now spends all his time posting on Veeky Forums about how all plebs have to do is work a little harder. Gets bored, has a sex change and runs for 2016 democratic president rhoddam clinton.

>implying someone who has lots and lots of something understands the value of that something more than someone who's got very little of it
wew lad, you truly are a faggot

>3%
>pathetic return
With the current state of things, 3% is all you can expect long term.
Rich people deserve their wealth. Taking it away through taxation would be pathetic theft. They already paid more tax than you will in your entire life. Yet somehow you feel entitled to get free handouts and ruin lives for other people, while they simply went and did it.

You know the percentage paid goes higher with each tax bracket, right?
And the very poor don't pay any income tax.

>the rich should pay more than everyone else!
>They already do.
>then why do they still have more money than me???????

Ha ha, stay poor & mad.

Well inflation is roughly 3% so that would be a good way to lose your inheritance quick

Also you forgot 15% capital gains tax

Should have layed off the meth and Doritos, turned off the PS4 and gotten some fucking exercise.
>cancer is just a meme son
>a dying meme

>You know the percentage paid goes higher with each tax bracket, right?
see >And the very poor don't pay any income tax.
no shit

>>the rich should pay more than everyone else!
>They already do.
>>then why do they still have more money than me???????
It's like you are so retarded you cannot grasp the reality in front of you. Keep being a spoiled uneducated brat I guess.

ebin XDDD

Doesn't understand statistics
Doesn't understand that he is the one using a cherry-picking fallacy

underrated post. I am not even poor, but it's amazing how rich NEETs on Veeky Forums think they have it hard just because they have to walk to the atm machine to get some money.

So you aren't actually trying to argue, just shitposting to rile people up.
Thanks for warning me.

>projecting this much
>implying you are not just a self-hating poorfag
I have already refuted your argument, but you are so far up your own arses you don't even see it. Not going to waste my time with low-digits faggots like you 2bh. Knowledge can be given, intelligence to understand it can't be taught. Stay mad and ignorant ;)

The top 20% of earners already pay 80% of income taxes. How much do you want them to pay?! 90%? 99%?

>I am not even poor
You are totally poor.
Lying about it won't fix the problem.

wsj.com/articles/top-20-of-earners-pay-84-of-income-tax-1428674384

Because they earned it you lazy piece of shit

Fallacy. 82% of wealthy did not inherit anything.
businessinsider.com/common-myths-about-rich-people-2015-6
The reason you fall victim to such a common misconception is that it soothes your concience to believe that you are a victim of your circumstances rather than a victim of your shitty attitude and decisions

>being this ignorant
spotted the americunt

Look at the two candidates for President, they are both rich so why would they raise taxes on themselves?

Source please

LMAO, jokes on you faggots, I've actually been raised in poverty. My family is a drugged up mess, but I'm still going to begin my course in mechanical engineering next September.

Of COURSE the field isn't completely level, you commie fucks. The important thing is that no matter how much family may help other people, you still live in a society where YOU can make the effort to pursue higher education, and succeed. S

Sure, you won't get a small loan of a million dollars, but you can still very much get your $45k.

Quit complaining about your shitty circumstances, get off your asses, and put some effort into your lives.

>Enlighten me why we don't tax the rich more Veeky Forums? And by rich I mean net worths >$1 million

Why the fuck would we punish people for being successful?

How much more do you want to tax them?

Yeah we know, everyone smokes where you are.
That's really ok though, it'll weed a good percentage of you out.

>mfw people define "success" in terms of money
lol, brainwashed retards never learn. enjoy being old, poor and unable to work because your "free" country doesn't have a decent socio-economic policy
I'm sure doing lots of "effort" will grant you a good life...

>unable to work because your "free" country doesn't have a decent socio-economic policy

what kind of system do you want where people are punished for being successful?

Do you believe this will drive innovation and industry far?

>I'm sure doing lots of "effort" will grant you a good life...

I already am wealthy and get wealthier every single year.

None of my friends or family members are poor.

retard, people not only get cancer from smoking. there are lots of types of cancer, and we haven't found causes for many of those. many other types happen simply because you are old.
t. had cancer

>what kind of system do you want where people are punished for being successful?
once again, defining success in terms of money. I'm sure rich people don't have problems...

>Do you believe this will drive innovation and industry far?
innovation has nothing to do with money, it relates to motivation and recognition between peers. the ones innovating are scientists and mathematicians, companies practically never "innovate", they simply copy and modify bits. ask any engineer/designer, innovation is mostly a bullshit buzzword for retards

how much does healthcare cost in your country? just pray to whatever god that you won't fall ill overnight...
do you really think being rich has something to do with "effort", and not simply knowledge and luck?

>how much does healthcare cost in your country? just pray to whatever god that you won't fall ill overnight...

It's free, I live in Canada. But if I can very easily book a flight same day and fly to the US for private healthcare. I have more than enough money for that.

>once again, defining success in terms of money. I'm sure rich people don't have problems...

Having a successful business which produces value is the basis of being successful in a capitalist system... what else would it be?

> He was working on a great invention that would have really contributed to our society
Could easely sell the idea to a VC for billions if it really was that great of an idea.

>t. had cancer
Like I said, you should have known how bad smoking was for you.
Anti-smoking education in the rest of the world is dismal.
t. doctor

what a terrible doctor. I wouldn't want to be seen by you, memer

>business which produces value is the basis of being successful in a capitalist system
hah, everyone knows that in the most innovative fields, you have to tell people that your shit is useful at all, and convince them to buy your shit to "create a need". if that's "value"... well, fine then! just create more and more useless stuff because people "need" them.
things become more and more complex, for no reason other than to make someone rich, and most shit is absolutely unnecessary. I'm sure this will last long.

For what reason would you
A) cripple the economy by reducing incentive to invest
And
B) infringe on an individual's property rights
????

>there are unironically people on Veeky Forums that hates capitalism

Wrong board m8

>cripple the economy by reducing incentive to invest

where else are they going to go? lol get real...

>where else are they going to go? lol get real...

Move over seas?

Seriously how much further do you think you can push people? Keep pushing ridiculous tax rates and people are just going to say "fuck it" and move to Puerto Rico where they have 4% flat income tax and no capital gains tax, or somewhere similar

Did you know that increasing taxes will only grow the 1% wealth?? You've just made it monstrously harder for middle class Dave to grow his small business into a regional chain. Mr. Walmart doesnt give a fuck about your taxes. He's just grateful you helped decrease his competition even more.

Check out where the shirt you're wearing was made

Tax rates are pretty much the lowest they've been in the past century... do your homework before you just spout bullshit.

What if we unionize wal*marts and assault the managers and owners of those that close in response?

What if we literally resort to terrorism and political assassinations?

>terrible doctor
I get that a lot from my patients who are smokers.
It's like they blame me for their diagnosis.
Take some responsibility ffs.

They're not lower than the cost to produce in Vietnam

Businesses aren't going to stay in the US just because theyre really patriotic lol

I rather have the rich spend their locally rather then have the government have that money and put it toward shit I don't agree with.

Tldr; government doesn't know finance and misuses tax dollars

I'm just saying if you keep pushing people eventually they'll think "Why even bother?" and many will move overseas to places where they're respected and valued