Lets talk about Göbekli Tepe, Veeky Forums

Lets talk about Göbekli Tepe, Veeky Forums

What do you think about thay discovery?Any archeologylads around here?

Red pill me on Göbekli Tepe, Veeky Forums

Is it the central Temple of alien Aryans?

>I cannot into irony

It's a 19th Century fake.

how come

Then why did they only discover it in the 90s? They expended the effort to build that site, and then buried it for 100 years?

Then again, they say it was buried on purpose, with tools, and in a relatively short time, so if it really was ~12,000 years old or whatever they usually say it would be even weirder than people burying it as a hoax in the 19th century.

>implying ancient astronauts are paranormal or political

ancient astronauts lie entirely within the realm of Veeky Forums, it just happens to be a poorly supported theory way out on the fringe of Veeky Forums.

/x/ isn't for conspiracy theories

Its literally only shitty conspiracy theories, tulpa threads and role playing on that board

it was a kebap shop, they sold the best doner in all of asia minor. even to this day no turkish doner can compare to the original

I bet this post sounded hilarious in your head

bump for interest

It was build by proto-turks who's the indigenous population in the regions since 10k BCE.

>They expended the effort to build that site, and then buried it for 100 years?

Sounds like a prank by an eccentric robber baron.

ayyyyliums

It has seriously changed our entire outlook on societal development. Before it was excavated, we thought that:

1. Organized religion was the product of cities.
2. Hunter Gatherers did not form large, complex groups.
3. Construction and masonry were invented after farming.

This series of temples completely undermines all of these points. Here we have large groups of hunter-gatherers coming together, cutting and transporting large stones, creating elaborate carvings all for what seems to be a relatively advanced religion.

>Buried on purpose
Is that really that strange? What if they were conquered and the city destroyed/"buried"?

It's a lot more understandable than those chucklefucks in Romania who burned their villages down every decade or so for a thousand years.

gypsy magic

Isnt it almost easier to revise the date farming began? Can we really be so sure these people where hunter/gatherers?

Why is it so hard to believe that in a productive environment, where there would be an excess of free time during bountiful seasons, that people decided to build Göbekli Tepe, prior to the development of agriculture?

Does Gobekli Tepe BTFO Marxism? Marx said that religion was a product of class society that developed after agriculture, but Gobekli Tepe is clearly a religious structure that predates the Neolithic Revolution and was built under "primitive communism".

Marx has been BTFO by history so many times it's pointless to keep track.

Did you really need a 10000 year old temple to debunk Marxism? How many actual, self identifying Marxists do you think there are?

fuck you now I want a kebab

>not having 24/7 based doner delivery near you

i pitty you

bump

Real primitive Marxism has never been tried.

They werent fully hunter gatherers, the fact that they were the presecessors of the first farmers is not a coincidence

We know it was on purpose because there are at least half a dozen of these temples, each older than the last, and it looks like once they were done with one they buried it and built a new one. We don't know why, but it was almost certainly part of the ritual.

My history professor thinks that it was done as the transition from earth gods to sky gods. Early humans painted in caves because the spirits dwelt inside the earth, while later farmers worshiped sky gods. This seems to be from an age when earth gods were still worshiped, due to the temple being buried, but the sky was becoming important, as the temple was built in the open air.

Ancient worldwide civilizations did exist.

There was a whipeout and only thinly conserved messages remain (the core of today's philosophies and religions, certain monuments around the world)

Graham Hancock is a weedman nutjob but is on to something

>tfw listening to Hancock on Joe Rogan Exp

comfy as fuck bros

First, No.
Second, it was a series of temples, not a single structure.
Third, meme harder.