/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

dedition

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
pastebin.com/ZUHS77ZS
pastebin.com/yfTBRhid
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/dinamic-quests-for-all-factions
youtube.com/watch?v=orPnBN-j0mQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
pastebin.com/ZUHS77ZS
>Joint Pak 2
pastebin.com/yfTBRhid

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

previous thread:

I said come in, don't stand there!

W O R M F O O D

CALIFORNIA PROMISES

what should i do then? fix it with mods on my first playthrough or just live with it?

A L C O H O L I C A N D A D I C K H E A D

In Call of Chernobyl, what are you meant to do with the faction patches that you loot off dead bodies? Do you just sell them, or is there some quest where you have to collect a bunch or hand them over to a specific trader?

MY EYES

I think someone made a mod where you use the patches in quests, I also think factions they are enemies with pay more for them?

If you're in the early game get ZRP and follow the instructions from the last thread. Or you could try making a backup of your install and drop the AMK standalone ballistics on top of it.

IIRC some mods for CoC have that kind of quests. Don't ask me which as I stopped playing it until it gets unfucked.

Some quests require you to turn in a certain amount.

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/dinamic-quests-for-all-factions

Guys holy shit
>replaying for the first time in years
>decide to play oblivion lost 3.1
>been playing for 2 days now
>everything has been fine so far
>just got to the bar
>upon entrance see a bunch rookies and a couple of experts in exoskeletons
>the guys in exos are holding SA Avalanches
>fuk ye boiz
>silently knife one guy in the back and nick his gun
>victoriously proceed down to bar
>notice the area which is usually overrun by dogs is instead overrun by zombies
>think they just replaced the dogs with zombies
>whatever, proceed further down to the barricade where the guy usually asks you o get rid of the dogs
>its just fucking zombies
>freak out and considering the worst, rush on down to the duty base.
>its empty
>arena
>empty
>campfire
>empty
>literally not a single yellow dot on my map
>i am alone out here
>its time
>i start wiping the town clean
>200 bullets for every zombie out there
>start shooting and running for legit 10 minutes
>absolute silence except for my gun fire and the zombie moans
>as i guet down to my last 12 bullets, i hear gunfire sounds that aren't coming from me
>rush towards sounds
>it's coming from near bar
>as I sprint towards it, eventually a couple of faint figures appear at the end of the street
>i eventually get close enough to see
>Its a guard finishing of the last zombie
>he immediately looks at me, while holstering his weapon
>"come on in stalker"
>I follow him
>above i see the bar's sign glowing bright
>a bunch of yellow dots start appearing on my map
>the bar is open
>i walk in
>everybody is there drinking the woes away
>Barmen says hello and asks me for the files
>I give him the files
>I get a drink

what the fuck do i do guys?

Doing monoliths work son

I just started playing SoC, and I'm having a great time.
>squat near a campfire and listen to some slav playing guitar
>remove bandit with my akm 72/2
>getting better at being sneaky
>find two stamina artefacts and sprint at sanic speed forever
>save stalkers with my medkit and befriend them
>remove military
>hang out at the bar
>help people across the zone
>turn of sound inside lab x-18 because it's 2spooky and i'm a fucking pussy
This game is fucking glorious.

So, there's no way I can repair anything, right?
Should I be carrying around more than two weapons, or is it not worth the weight?

Did you just repost from the old thread?

>So, there's no way I can repair anything, right?
Are you playing vanilla without any mod? If so you could still repair suits via an exploit.

>Should I be carrying around more than two weapons
Nah.

>akm 72/2

Thanks for posting that picture, I've been looking for it.

SGM 2.2 or Dead city? Just looking to have some fun.

the guy with the RPG is going to kill all of you

Yeah, I'm playing vanilla. Figured that was the best way to get started.
As much as I'm liking this right now, I'm probably going to replay it, so I'll mod it then.

Guess I'll stick to just the Noiseless Pistol and the Akm 72/2 then. Right now I'm carrying around a Viper 5 as well in case I run out of ammo.

The Akm 72/2 with a PSO-1 scope is the weapon I like the best of the ones I've tried so far.
I'm sure there's tons of weapons that's way better, I just haven't found/tried them yet.

>Radios Galores will never get updated again
>there will never be a new RG/BAP/Warfare merge

Also I wonder why the Merc radio only has mostly the same shit as the other radios and no military songs like Erika or something.

This, holy shit.

More Monolith die from fucktarded teammates wielding RPG's than from everything else combined.

>kill monolith enemys!.

At least he spelled monolith correctly.

>Figured that was the best way to get started.
Lolno. Not even a bit, ZRP (almost exclusively bugfixes) is practically mandatory.

What is worse? Coлдaты calling in Hinds for the most nonconsequential inane shit or monocuks that throw common sense out of the window as soon as they get their hands on explosives?

It's a fucking AK 74 you illiterate
Remove yourself from existence

no, the same thing just happened twice

Thanks guys.

I did also have another concern - I gave the technician at the bar vodka for shits and giggles, and now he's been passed out for three days. Will I ever be able to repair anything in the Bar again? Have I accidentally made Gromko comatose? Is there a way to fix this?

Can somebody throw me a save file for oblivion lost 2,2? preferably somewhere right before entering bar for the first time

since when did Monos have common sense?

is there anyway to get rid of that retarded fall damage in RMA?

which retarded thought that getting damaged after falling 2 meters is a good idea?

>ZRP
>exclusively bugfixes
>practically mandatory
refer to

@147516789
>not even trying to hide samefagging
Not worthy of a (you).

>it's just a prank bro

?

@147517938
Yes, you can use the firefox/chrome element inspector, good job.

Sooo, what to do when you've ran out of anti-rads in Sarcophagus and no rad-nerfing artifacts with you? How can I artificially add items into my inventory?

Kill yourself

>no rad-nerfing artifacts
You realize you have a

How should I have known I'm gonna need those artifacts here?

KILL YOURSELF

>how should I know that I'd need anti radiation artifacts in one of the most radioactive places on Earth
user are you okay? Are you fucking serious or just fishing for replies?

>going inside the fucking sarcophagus
>I wonder if there'll be lots of radiation there

just reload an earlier save and bring anti rad/ rad resistance drugs and anti rad artifacts

don't judge me I have nothing better to do

luckily I found Atlas spawn menu, but thanks anyway.

>Origin

@147518885
Do you understand now?

I understand what you are referring to I just don't know how it works. please help me prove you wrong so I can go to bed knowing that you are aware that two completely separate people have told you to end your life

listen faggot battlefield 4 was pretty good a couple years after launch okay

>tfw you have to kill the entire depot because one loner is hostile to you

So, I just finished up Agroprom and headed for the Duty Checkpoint in the valley.

The "Mutants are attacking" radio announcement went out, and I sprinted.

But then every single Boar ran directly into a Whirligig.

There, I captured some breathtaking footage.

youtube.com/watch?v=orPnBN-j0mQ

That's possibly the ugliest STALKER screenshot I've ever seen.

I second that.

that was sorta the reason why I posted it
shadows are wierd

damn nigga, you take your imageboards a little too serious

Please tell me what mod it is so that I can avoid it like the plague.

it's CoC, famalam :^) albeit with absolute textures so I guess you could try that one

Pretty sure Absolute does that to CNPP2 (correct me if I'm wrong, I believe I stopped having that issue after I stopped using it)

At this point i'm trying to figure out if Misery 2.x is even worth playing right now, the gameplay has devolved into farming the exact same bandit camps over and over until i have the rubieboobles to buy something, and the AI for enemies is legit retarded for it trying to be hardcore and realistic "smart" AI. They guys shoot suppressing fire, but if you turn off infinite NPC ammo, they just run out of bullets in 12 seconds because they can't stop shooting walls. Along with the fact that nobody even has bullets in their guns, even if you killed them before they even fired, and EVERYONE has guns that have 20% or less on them, even if they're stalkers that have just left svadosk. When does misery get good?

yep, you're right, although the issue isn't specific to CNPP2, as it can happen in other places (can't give any examples as they escape me). that piece of texture is just too damn dark and doesn't mesh nicely with the shading

>When does misery get good?
It doesn't. You're asking a question that doesn't have an answer.

When you play as sniper and get so desperate for money to the point that you sell cooked mutant meat and go artifact hunting even if it's inefficient as fuck from the weight standpoint.

Alternatively, never.

No really, define "good".

enjoyable, slightly less retarded maybe. Mildly confused at the choices a group of at least 3 people would make and not decide they were dumb as hell ie: can't use more than one item to aid with a repair kit, because no-one can use glue and steel wool at the same time. Picking sniper was probably the better thing i could've done, since at least his starting weapon is good for 50 kills before it gets thrown in the trash for having rare ammo for a starting weapon.

nice bait, you'll get someone

>at least his starting weapon is good for 50 kills before it gets thrown in the trash for having rare ammo for a starting weapon.
More like because he's the class most similar to vanilla CoP, unlike the recon which is only good at going fast, or the assaulter which feels as if he's a diabetic old fuck wearing an integrated exoskeleton.

use peanus weanus

What's that memegun you are holding?

>AK12
>memegun

Galil ACE 52 my memetastic friend

mi famiglia you're confusing your firearms, pic related is AK-12, not the other way around

>7.62x51
>AK12

Yeah, why haven't the Russians made a .308 variant of the AK12? I mean, if they're ever going to release the AK12 of course.

So, if I've beaten CoP a few times on vanilla and a few times with some lightly modded playthroughs, (I really, really enjoy it), I want to go the full retard route and absolutely mod the piss out of it. I know that there are some overhaul mods, but is there a way to "Mix" and match mods, or slap multiple overhaul mods together? I want to create a bizarre experience.

Well, thank you for any responses my fellow STALKERs.

Apparently there is a 7.62 NATO model of it floating around, probably for export markets.

I want to start this game serie with SoC. What mod should i use for my first playthrough, if i need to use any? A friend recommended STALKER complete 2009 mod?

I just want a mod for bugfixes and stuff, i dont need additional content or anything else.

Read the fucking OP and spit on your "friend"'s face.

>is there a way to "Mix" and match mods, or slap multiple overhaul mods together?
No, this isn't gamebryo. Find a badly-done Slav soup if you want a 'bizarre' experience.

Alright, slav soup it is, thanks.

for call of Chernobyl, any other mods that I should add to it?

Yeah, uninstall.exe.

I see. Is it that bad?

Anyway to speed up time? I've got to wait for 21:00 and it's 11:02 and the SGM 2.2 mod appear to have removed the option to sleep at any time for no reason.

That was helpful, thank you.

The patches broke the AI (and a certain special kind of retard here insists that's something that the endusers should take care of, not the authors) and that still hasn't gotten fixed, the weapons packs are ALL shit. You can give it a shot if you use OWR I guess.

AO is mandatory
also mind that current 1.4 beta is fucky with AO
like when you detatch a scope from inventory, the gun transmogrifies into the weapon you´re holding in the main slot

>broke AI

Not this fucking shit again. Literally 2 fucking values you need to change, and it had been discussed already in both, this and the previous threads. Fuck off.

Damn, that's good to know. I'll cancel the torrent I guess and look for something else to bomb around on. Thanks for the tips.

Due to the bugs from it that I'm hearing, I guess that I'll find something else. I just really don't know what to get. Every mod or overhaul mentioned has at least half of everyone hates it.

Eh?

Yeah, find a safe(ish) spot, leave game running, go smoke some dope, come back.

You could try SGM Geonezis or something.

Elaborate, Ive only yesterday reinstalled CoC

Hey, that sounds really neat, thanks!

Playan SoC, requesting input from elder Stalkers.

Have to pick between:
>Akm 74/2 with scope
>Obokan with scope
>IL 86

Right now I'm leaning towards the Obokan. I'm liking the accuracy, and the ammo for it is really common.
The IL 86 seems nice though, even if it's heavy. Worried that finding ammo for it is going to be harder.
How much does damage really matter on assault rifles, compared to other aspects of a weapon?

But I'm going to die thanks to the hunger. Fucking modders not thinking things through.

Use a weapon that uses the ammo you will find in the map you're going to.

>ever considering the L85
Might as well dance the tip toe on a minefield.

Get an LR300. Or a Sig.

I'm trekking up to Lake Yantar, where I haven't been before. So I'm going in blind.
Probably going with the Obokan and hoping I can find ammo up there.

Selling it then.
Why is it so bad?

>Why is it so bad?
>heavier than your mother (no really it weighs as much as an AK with an attached grenade launcher)
>as reliable as you (jams all the time, really low durability)

is there anyway to mod it on steam without having to make it so you play off of steam?

>British engineering
Brits can't into building shit that lasts, see their cars for example. Overtly complicated and highly unreliable.
Their guns are pretty much the same shit and that's not something you want from a firearm that your life depends on.