/K S P G/ [REDACTED]

>This is only the beginning
edition

>Can the game be considered a full release?
No, for all intents and purposes, KSP should be considered still in early access state. The game is nowhere near being able to stand on its own legs both from a gameplay perspective (career mode is definitely not ready and balanced) and a stability perspective. There are still major bugs and memory leaks that shouldn't exist on a finished game.

>Are there big issues with the game?
Bugs and instability are still real and frequent problems, as with every product still in beta. Ask in thread for details.

>What are the devs doing?
The most recent update (1.1) was supposedly going to bring a complete overhaul of the GUI, be 64bit friendly, have a refined physics/heating/aero model and generally perform better. While achieving none of these goals, the game is now more unstable than ever, with many users being unable to use the game at all. An external team with heavily questionable experience (Flying Tiger Entertainment) is being tasked with porting the game to PS4, XboxOne and Wii U, with a release deadline that seems to keep slipping.

>Should I buy the game?
KSP is very enjoyable at first, then it usually needs to be modded to retain some sort of longevity, but doing so may dramatically increase the instability of the game. You will be very familiar with the word "Oops!". The Developers, Squad, have shown many times that they can't handle the project and are trying to squeeze all the money they can with the least amount of effort and with controversial PR tactics. The general consensus at /kspg/ is that you should torrent the game, not because the game itself is unplayable, but because most of us agree that Squad does not deserve your money.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lhVA84YNO14
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/
spacedock.info/
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg
ksp.olex.biz/
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-1
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/
raceintospace.org
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html
youtube.com/watch?v=a0ul-BghOAs
youtube.com/watch?v=FLb9EIiSyG8
youtube.com/watch?v=FTCpZD_E_ak
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Previous thread: >Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=qSyjKmiqoKk

>Dev Stream:
youtube.com/watch?v=lhVA84YNO14

>FAQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE

>Game site
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/

>KSP mods
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0 (RLA probe parts, /kspg/ exclusive)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c (forum mod list)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/ (mod subforums)
spacedock.info/ (community mod repository)

>Flags
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0

>Party-approved rendezvous and docking tutorials
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg

>Some useful calculators
ksp.olex.biz/ (phase angle calculator, for planning trips to other planets)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-1 (deltaV map)

>Official forum
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

>Hotkeys for operating your craft that are never mentioned anywhere else.
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png

>Official /kspg/ fan fiction
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if

>List of IRL launches.
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

>View from the ISS:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

>Race Into Space
raceintospace.org

>Original BARIS for DOSBox scaling and filters and shit
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html

BARIS, Orbiter, Space Engine, OpenTTD, Take On Mars, Project CARS, ULA posting, Aurora, and planes are also welcome ITT.

kspg.sytes.net

NOTE: "kerbal" anywhere in the OP as well as "kspg" in the subject cause the thread to autosage. Please use [REDACTED] in place of these terms when making a new thread.

first for already ded

BURN SQUADCAST -- THURSDAY 6PM EST
TWITCH DOT TV SLASH KSPTV

FOR DANROSAS
FOR HARVESTER
FOR TED

youtube.com/watch?v=a0ul-BghOAs

H U L L 0

turn up the shitposting

Where the fuck are my resources, Squad?

a

hullo

hi qt, have you seen TARS around? We need to turn up the shitposting levels.

I'm right here

>CATFUCKER ADDS RAPE
I do not
Delete this meme
Are you saying my cat's dick isn't cute?
ok
But my cat is cute
In fact, I'd go as far as to say that he's cuter than yours

And definitely cuter than your snake

If your cat could speak, what would he say?

"meow"

Unless you mean if he had human-like vocal chords and a mouth and such
Then whatever he'd try to say would probably be some disturbing attempt at a meow that'd likely just sound more like a guy moaning

No, if your cats feelings and emotions could be translated into a human dialect, what would he say?

Well, I don't know
More than likely that just wouldn't be possible, and the most you could do is just have some sort of device that just vaguely describes his feelings at the moment and what they're directed at
You can't really just get ideas and concepts from a creature not capable of generating either of those things

To be fair, they can make simple and easy to understand ideas. "This shit is fun to do, let's do it" "This shit tastes like my fucking balls, let's lick it." It's more like them accustoming to their environment. And that's probably the reason people record cats.

youtube.com/watch?v=FLb9EIiSyG8

So you have no idea how he feels about you?

your catte a shit

Well, is "I want to do this thing" really an idea?
Cats are perfectly capable of expressing feelings, just not concepts or ideas
If you've had any sort of pet before, you'd know that they're perfectly capable of telling you how they feel at the moment, and right now you're probably just pretending you don't so that you can make the argument that I'm raping him, in spite of your own personal experiences directly contradicting this
fuck yuo
youre a shit

Evens, Recettear
Odds, Operation Flashpoint
0, Meme

No, I said it wrong, but they're not retarded.

You're are a rapist

>Says the guy that bought a snake to keep it in an enviroment that is not his.
>He thinks he has any moral authority to say that
ajj lmau

Right, but there are still various things that only a human consciousness can do, and you can't really try to ascribe these things to a cat without ending up just making shit up
I am not
Delete this

>Right, but there are still various things that only a human consciousness can do, and you can't really try to ascribe these things to a cat without ending up just making shit up

you mean consent? :^)

Well, you could try to say that
"Consent" is such a vague thing that you could narrow the definition down to something that only applies to humans
But regardless, that doesn't really change things in the case of my cat, since he's evidently not negatively affected by it at all

Oh look, the retard totally ignored me.
hahahaahaahaahahaahahaha

wew

I was talking about cloacafag

you are a rapist and animal abuser :^)

Hullo everyone

>waking up at 4pm :P

hullo

>rape apologists
or animal abuse.. still bad

Hiya!

Happy birthday to me you faggots
i love you all

>cant undock the lander

reeee

Happy birthday!!

I love you too!

what does it mean ree

>use built in decoupler on the descent pod to decouple the docking port
>phantom forces take hold due to the stuck docking port

wew lads

Happy Birthday.

okay, give me the cliffnotes:

Was Harvester good or bad in your opinions? I thought I remembered him routinely being crucified here way back.
Who are the "Bad Guys? on the team?"
Have any bad guys left the team?
Are there any "Good Guys" left on the team?

What are the biggest complaints you have with the game right now?

I just came back to see where the game's at after not playing for a while and just wanted to know what the whole deal was.

Shit be good yo

There were never any bad guys on the team. The devs were always dedicated in my opinion.

The bad guys were Squad upper management, they were the ones pushing arbitrary deadlines and underpaying the devs. It's Squad's upper management that pushed 1.0 to be a broken release after on one build in "beta", they're the ones that are pushing for the console releases.

Those are the only bad guys there ever were.

I've had their ginger beer, really liked it. If I see this stuff I'll get it for sure.

>being this mad about replying to old posts

Wew

This. Very much this.

And we have plenty of evidence to support it.

Harvester wasn't a good coder, his only merit was the initial idea and commitment, but for sure the team didn't lose any exceptional talent when he left.
He was mediocre at best.

Now that the dust has settled, what's /kspg/'s consensus on Hearts of Iron IV?

No embezzlement, 0/10

>yes good goy buy our 10 DLCs that certainly aren't major features that should've been in the main game

DLC overload is different from embezzlement, but both are bad.

TRUMP 2016 INSTITUTIONALIZE THE MENTALLY ILL

I have a horrible crink in my neck. On the right side, like right above my shoulder blade. How do I get rid of it?

tfw tooth hurts after root canal

turn the shower as hot as it goes, hold your shoulder there until it goes away

fucking kill yourself max

Place your hands behind your head as if surrendering to police. Then work don to the top of your neck, and with your three smaller fingers, move in small circles, putting pressure on the ridges of the muscles along each side of the spinal cord. Move laterally inwards and outwards from the spine between circles, kind of hopping inwards and outwards from the spine simultaneously with each hand.

After a couple of circles, work downwards slowly. Repeat. As you reach the base of the neck and the area widens, incorporate more lateral motion to cover the area, but still focus on the ridges of your shoulders.

You may prefer using two fingers or just the thumb even. Do what works. Don't be too rough though, you're not out to tenderize the muscles. just loosen them.

It may not get rid of the crick but it may provide some relief. A hot shower may also work if you focus the stream on the problem area, as this will loosen the muscles as well.

By three smaller I meant the three other than the index. Again, you could use the index if you want and not the pinkie, or skip one in the middle if you're a weirdo. Just my preference to do the way I mentioned.

Show me something amazing from Harv.
I lost what little respect I had for the guy when he wrote that fucking devnote about phantom forces on rovers.

I am still glad he came up with the ksp idea, I can't say I didn't have my fair share of fun thanks to that idea, but he has always been an amateur at best at coding.
You can call me max all you want but these are facts

>/fog/ just called us shitty
>literally a den of retarded waifufags

And I care because...

>Page 10 in 14 minutes
Fuck off.

Because he wants intra-general conflict since the mannic wars have suddenly ended

God forbid we be left alone to our own devices for awhile.

He didn't need to be a good coder, he's the only person who can legitimately claim he is "more of an ideas guy" when it comes to KSP and no one can say shit.

sstu is some good shit lads and lass

>Squad upper management
We want some names.

Sure thing, friend: How about Adrian Goya and Ezequiel Ayarza?

Even though he got fired, don't forget to blame Maxmaps for betraying us all.

imgur.com/a/XZsT3

Maxmaps was a good guy. I really don't understand your personal vendetta against him.

I literally just gave you names and yet you insist on blaming the wrong guy.

Also, I don't see how you possibly think that you, or anyone here, could have had anything to do with his leaving Squad.

youtube.com/watch?v=FTCpZD_E_ak

E U R O B E A T
U
R
O
B
E
A
T

I'm not the guy you replied to before. So, what you're saying is that, on the off chance Squad's upper management should become vilified and the former devs have all left, we will need someone to step in and take charge, someone thin, and smart, and energetic, and eager-to-add, which is like how Maxmaps really is, and you know this because of your personal conversations with him over Steam, right?

FUCK OFF MAX

MANmaps is sperging again.
Seek refuge.
flockmod.com/apps/flockmod.swf
Room /kspg/

::::::^^^^^^^))))))))))

you can run but you can't hide!

kerbalisfun = maxmaps

What could it be kspg

Reminder not to reply to MANposts
Especially if they're probably not even made by the real MAN, as they're just done for cheap (You)s and salt
Do not reply, do not bait, do not acknowledge

This means you,
I just checked, there isn't even anyone in that room

he prob had to sign out of kerbalisfun

>147571196
All of my points still stand. You have an unreasonable personal vendetta. You should really seek professional help with how obsessed you are with this.

I'm not replying to you after this, please stop shitting up the comfyness of this general.

Space is fun
Kerbal is fun
Maxmaps is fun.

Now post KSP.

I checked again, it's still empty

who among us, by chance, have already had a private conversation with one of the devs whether by steam or not ?

Nah.

Wait... have you not?

Astronaut ice cream I hope.

In the last week? Max, Turkey, Ted, and Kasper. Rom and Dan occasionally. B9 very occasionally. Nexipoo if I have a webhosting question.

Oh, and Arson too.

I bet you've got a depressing-as-shit view into this clusterfuckery

>that image
what cultivar of potato are you playing on

That was my mistake. I just grabbed a random image from my archived screenshots folder. Didn't realize how low I used to need to keep the graphic back then.

Oh I know a fair sight more than likely anyone outside of the development team. Interesting times ahead user. "Ahead" in the KSP updating schedule sense of course.

Who /wtg/ here?

I've been meaning to hook up my Vive and try it out ingame, so me I guess.

it's not that great of a game desu

fuck off pockrt

it's pretty alright

I dunno, but I work at Amazon, so there's a microscopicly small chance I got to crush the box that it and many other things came in.

Did you know the KSP numbering logic can be used to graph the rise and fall of Maxmaps?

It's not something that would be damaged by crushing

why do you always use female kerbals

the best i got is "smash ball"

>Maxmaps was a good guy.
He did a lot of SQUAD's dirty work.

I've found him amicable, but I've always been unsure whether that's genuine, manipulation, or genuine in such a way that's very useful for manipulating others.

Because they're C U T E!

they're ugly desu.

He was the community manager. He did dirty work because it was his job. He had nothing to do with the issue of development was was suppose to try to spin it to the community in a positive way.

That's not his fault.

I don't mean to make light of mental illness, but I've actually seen symptoms of sociopathy in some of his behavior.