/feg/ - Fire Emblem General

>Fates FAQ (please read before asking dumb questions)
pastebin.com/ivUbamyy

>Linkbin
pastebin.com/bufdd9wu

>/feg/ Castle Addresses
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ONUbYoZ68OjfXSLVCHF74XUol1ajWKSJvNqFx25PoE

>Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/StJiA/layout/grid
twitter.com/AnonBabble

really shitty op image

Kanpeki Birthday!

I love Sakura!

I'll use Flora next time, sorry

Go fuck yourself, you degenerate pile of garbage.

Wait whose birthday is it, Caeldoris or Cordelias.

its just bad art, sorry youre triggered

Both!

I honestly think I would have forgave Fates in everything in regards to the plot if Corrin wasn't a melodramatic crybaby

Heroes didn't et bad themselves. Units who can become mercenaries did

I'm in love with this girl

Is Cordelia canonically her own grandmother?
>Cordelia marries whogivesafuck, gives birth to Severa
>Severa travels to Fates universe and becomes Selena
>Selena marries Subaki and gives birth to Caeldori AKA notCordelia

>loving a potential cuckold

I dunno. In Awakening they were fast, durable fighters that smashed through most things with 1-2 range. In Fates, they lost all of those.

Quality is kinda questionable... but sauce?

>1-2 range

And there's your problem. 1-2 range that's not a Shuriken is usually pretty bad, unless you're a Point Blank Bow/Yumi user. Xander is an exception and can be a decent Hero since he can fight 1-2 range, but he's better off just picking up the class skills then reclassing back to Paladin.

Spear Masters are the new awakening heroes.

Well, that's really all they had before. They spammed Hand Axes but weren't flaky like Berserkers and weren't slow as shit like Warrior.

I love my wife more than she wants to protect my little sister!

Treasure buddies!

>dogwife87
>87

Would you... be willing to share the other 86+ dog wives?

Fuck off

Xander is kind of hilarious as a Pally. A rank in both Swords and Lances + Siegfried means he can wield both Brave Weapons without penalty and has redonkulous defense with the Naginata of Seals.

>Dual Yumi

You never get one in Conquest. Just a Dual Club. In any case, his Res is higher, so he can take on a mage here or there.

And I've never found a reason to use Selena. Niles already has Bow ranks too, whereas with Selena you'd have to start from E Rank and you'd have to do that at Lv 1 promoted.

Velouria is literal garbage.

Azuraa shit

What's so good about rend Heaven?

Fuck.... you got me

Better stop posting about her. A shame. Literal garbage, everyone in the general hates her, I'm a cuck, so on and so forth.

Azura is shit

Its chance to proc.

Who cares about Rend Heaven

Who cares

Not me

Who CARES

NOT ME

FUCK OFF

High proc rate and really good against physical units.

Niles has utility, but Selena has the defense to take hits and the speed to double things/evade as a Bow Knight. And forging a Bronze Bow is pretty cheap for her to use to catch up in bow ranks.

Proc chance is great. Good on Physical units to take on enemy physical units.

Dual Yumi can be obtained via MyCastle rewards. Thus I don't need him to take magic hits if I already have Kaze, Midori, and Elise.

>inb4 le casual cheater

Bows are great weapons in this game with their good Mt so going through E-rank for her wasn't very painful at all, at least for me. You do have an incentive to do so too, especially if she has Sol since E-Bows can't proc skills.

This artist is really bad at drawing anatomy

To be fair there's no good Caeldori birthday fanart lol

>thighs and cleavage

Hubba Hubba

High proc rate, same as Vengeance but doesn't require your unit getting hit. Great on physical units against physical units, not so great on Mages.

Fuck off casual.

It is cheating you faggot. Your run doesn't count now.

That's Caeldori's husband! What is Shiro going to get for his wife's birthday?

>they were fast
Selena and Charlotte pretty fast. LaSlow, Arthur, Silas and Soleil are pretty slow themselves.

>Durable
Arthur, Silas and LaSlow are pretty durable

>smash through most things
Only Charlotte can, but she's made out of paper. The rest have issues in Str to kill or Speed to double.

>1-2 range
They went out of their way to nerf 1-2 range as much as they could then they proceed to screw that up by giving their special snowflake hoshidan class a 1-2 range physical weapon type that also debuffed stats and raised speed by 2 just because.

>using Castle rewards

That's where our differences lie. You used Castle rewards, and I didn't. In any case, attacking mages with your Bow users would only be a situational thing, like if Kaze is too far away and you need to dispatch one or two right away.

Niles is slightly faster, so their speed difference is negligible. They're both fast. Selena also has more Def so she can take like... one more hit, sure. According to stat averages though, Niles has more Skill. Though Bows are accurate anyway, sometimes you end up having imperfect accuracy anyway, so any bit of Skill will help. Also, Sol doesn't help much on units who aren't supposed to tank.

Nina's*

And that doesn't make sense to you? That people look similar to their parents and grandparents?

This is an old gallery so it doesn't have some of the new images, but it has quite a bit

imgur.com/a/StJiA/layout/grid

Selena's speed doesn't mean much if she's doing crap for damage.

Laslow is definitely not durable since all he has going for him is HP in terms of defensive stats. Arthur's no luck is detrimental as well due to being a crit magnet.

>That's Caeldori's husband!
Haven't heard that in awhile. He's Nina and Sophie's husband now.

They should have about the same Spd though. Her advantage over him is being able to also use Swords, higher Def, and the Hero skills since Merc skills are garbage. Niles's advantage over her is Res, higher Bow rank, and Outlaw/Adventurer skills.

I'm just stating a fact. Even when I gave him the Dual Yumi I never have to use it since my other better anti-Mage units can do the job much better than him. I never said I use him to hit Mages. I was saying that if he wants to hit the Mages later in the game he needs the Dual Yumi, unlike in the beginning where despite the WTD he could take in little damage and hit back fairly accurately.

Selena does have a better enemy phase than he has thanks to Strong Riposte in addition to Sol to keep her alive. I see her as the more tanky of the Bow Knights and can set her near the enemy force to draw in enemy troops and survive. I can't do the same with Niles since I don't want to gamble on whether or not he will survive the enemy phase.

>Using Mozu

Thing is, they were all of those things at once. Maybe not perfectly, but they could multitask. They do nothing in Fates besides take away Xander's horse weakness. They're terrible. I'd say this is the absolute worst they've been in the series. Even worse than in the DS games.

Happy Birthday, my wonderful wife!

Ah come on, you don't get crit THAT often with Arthur.

Shiro and Caeldori belong to each other

Though if Selena is wielding a Bow she needs to be positioned very carefully for Strong Riposte and Sol to even work.

The only good skill Heroes have is Axebreaker though. Sol is terrible if you're not named Xander or I guess Ryoma. Maybe it'd be good on mages or Ninjas too.

Sol helps alot when 70% of the fucking enemies in the game are god damn ninjas

Indeed, that's also why I think they nefed the units themselves. To prevent everyone from waiting to be Hero again.

Actually, compared to Awakening every unit has a distinctive weakness and strength, wheras in Awakening everyone was all around the same stupid strong.

Is it a good idea to marry Charlotte off to Niles for Bow access? Nina is fine with going physical right?

Sol is good on any unit that has both PP and EP, so it's not as good on Bow wielders but with careful positioning it can work out.

Selenas strngth growth isnt even bad

Bows shouldn't be on the Enemy Phase though. Bows are usually a Player Phase tool. You keep bringing up Sol, but not only are you wasting a Heart Seal that could have gone to someone else, but relying on it to heal just isn't ideal. If you take damage, you're better off just finding a healer.

I personally find Sol only useful when you're under constant pressure and as such have a lot of chances to heal. Let's say you have Xander with Sol. He has a wider variety of enemy types he can go to (thanks to his 1-2 range), so he'll get attacked and have a lot of opportunities on the counterattack to heal off any damage he's taken. It's basically a good tanking skill, and Xander is definitely a tank. Selena, though she has more Def than Niles, is not. And Niles is not a tank either.

To be honest, the Adventurer skills aren't too useful. I can't think of a time where you'd need to pass behind enemy lines, or if the +20 Hit/Avoid will be useful. Maps go on for pretty long anyway. Anyway, I'm saying he can hit the mages even without the Dual Yumi, I just used regular bows and hit them just fine. Bows are pretty accurate as it is, and he should have decent enough Skill, and it's not like mages are great are avoiding stuff. It's just, ideally he wouldn't be the one fighting them, but he can if he needs to.

The problem is literally no one wants to be it now. Same with Sorcerers.

Those are the characters I listed. Anything that only has one range of combat does much worse with it. You're not really going to be using Sol on enemies that just shoot at you from a distance, or on enemies that are in your face when you have a Bow. It's much more situational for them.

To each their own. Though Shiro does have good romantic supports in general.

Alright but just for today

I never got off the ShinoMato train

Their S support could piggyback off the B rank and be more believable than a lot of pairings

So why are heroes bad?

Yeah that's the thing since they got the idea that those skills that gave +15 ht/avoid should now give +3 damage instead it became more about skills. They also showed great favoritism for the S-rank classes (most of which Hoshidan unsurprisingly) and Great Knights.

And they decided to absolutely shit on Sorcerers. Like the poor guys, not only is Odin a shit and Nyx a two-stat wondrr and on top of that the class is as slow as it can be, has crap defenses now and even got the single unique tome nerfed to uselessness.

Swords aren't as amazing, they have mediocre ofense, speed and defenses relatively too. Skills leave a lot ro be desired, specially Stubborness/Good Fortune.

They also fellate Paladins like no tomorrow. They always do. The day they actually make Paladins bad, I'll eat my hat.

Lucky Seven can be nice since it lets Niles become more dodgy and assist him with hitting if his Skl and the enemy type is giving him trouble. Pass, I agree, is a fairly situational skill.

I understand that, but I'm just saying that it doesn't hurt to have it either. In larger maps Bow Knights can force 1-2 range enemies to attack them from 2 range by being in the outermost tile of their attack range, which gives Sol a chance to proc.

Excalibur, the S-rank tome, is also extremely shitty since Bow wielders can handle fliers with ease without having to sacrifice their defensive stats after hitting them. Onmyouji has much better skills than Sorcs and they get Staff access as well.

How good is our goddess Anna?
On which route is Anna most useful?
I'm going to use her in either birthright or revelation but can't descisons which.

>Odin
>Bad
Uhhhh... just give him nosferatu and watch him solo the left side of chapter 11 my boy.

Sorcerers should have gotten Tomefaire. The other S Rank classes get their respective weapon -Faires, so it'd only be faire. But no, the fucking Onmyojis get them.

The characters that get it are shit and the skills that it(and mercenary) gets are not that great compared to say, spearmaster or oni chieftain.

What about PoR? Weren't they basically gods in that game?

I want to buy sex from Anna!

I feel all Paladins have going for them is 8 movement. Great Knights just seem way better.

For the right price she will do anything.

How about better Spd, Lck, Skl, and one less weakness? GK has much better skills and bonuses though.

Paladins have pretty much always fallen off towards the end of the game

Shiro's options for a wife depend on whether or not he benefits his wife. Sophie and Caeldori both love his Spear Fighter if they didn't get it from Oboro/Hinoka in Caeldori's case while Nina can't make use of it unless she was given either Azura or Peri or Effie or Nyx as her moms for Spear usage.

Yup! I love it when units can be strategically placed like that. Send her up to the edge of an enemies range(likely a Ninja) with the bow and watch her counter and take scratch damage and lure the mob that chased after her to their doom.

It isn't the worst in the world when you tie with Sakura/Beruka/Jacob/Percy and Selkie pre mother/Subaki and outdo the jeigan units(with the exception of Reina/Flora) and Rinka and Setsuna, but as it is she is rather subpar for a physical unit.

Bows are indeed a player phase tool, but with careful positioning you can manipulate enemies to attack your bow user.

Nigger, the only two fliers left after you get Excalibur in Conquest are two Malig Knights in the Endgame.

Odin is easily the singular worst unit in Conquest.

>easily the singular worst unit in Conquest.
Easily Arthur or Mozu desu

Lck and Skl are very meaningless, specially at smaller margins. Your weaknesses aren't exploited as often.

I appreciate axes, Luna and dat Str, Hp and Def.

I think the promotion bonuses are better, but one thing I hate about GKs is that their speed isn't good enough late in the game. That and even then, Paladins aren't bad anyways, they're good. And they have fucking free +3 damage on top of free +1 to all stats.

>Arthur
>Bad

Arthur can be a pair up bot of justice, and Mozu can be another Bow user for you to field. Odin has literally nothing going for him. Low level, can barely hold his own in his recruitment chapter, bad class... overall bad.

The only times you'll be counterattacking with a Bow user is against Ninjas if you get to the edge of their range. Enemy Archers count too I guess, but aside from that, there's not much opportunity.

I'd only go GK from the Knight tree, otherwise I really appreciate the more balanced bulk of Paladins, especially because it's harder to patch a unit's speed in Conquest than it is to patch their Str/Def.

That's why I said Excalibur is a shit tome compared to the other S-rank weapons.

Odin's growths makes his potential very shaky. Keep him as a Mage and he might get more Str than Mag to use tomes effectively. Make him a Samurai and he might get more Mag than Str to use swords effectively.

Mozu and Arthur can at least turn out more consistent when you invest in them. Odin is a constant gamble.

I always go GK then end as a Pally to grab all the good skills and great growths until the Spd starts to hurt then go Pally. Can't go wrong with that.

>axes
Are you even able to get a decent axe rank? Screw IS for removing promotion weapon ranks

>they have +3 damage
So do GKs if they come from Cav or of a knight A+/S a cavalier. Luna is pretty great.

>Endgame speed
Only the cap is much different by 3 and only Peri and maybe Sophie are affected by it. Silas and Xander prefer the higher defenses of GK. The base speed difference is only of 1.

For the +3 damage, I'm talking about from a general standpoint rather than compared to GKs. Luna is unreliable so I don't particularly like talking about it. Either way, the class is dumb, and I think it's dumb they're literally never outright bad.

Hero or Zerker Charlotte if I actually want to use her to fight?

Yep. The Conquest S-Rank weapons have terrible availability compared to either Birthright or Revelations.

Also I feel that Odin really doesn't shine with either of his innate class choices. He has terrible stats for a hybrid unit(Hayato does his hybrid unit better with access to Basara and Oni Chieftain and better growths 35/30 for Odin compared to 30/40 for Hayato but Hayato has 45 speed growth compared to Odin's 35 speed growth). His stats of 55 HP/60 luck/40 Def suggests that he wants to tank, but only Dark Knight/Master of Arms will make him tanky and both come with their own issues. He really wants to buddy with La'slow for his Merc tree access and more specifically Hero for Sol/Axebreaker but La'slow joins in 4 chapters later meaning it will be hard for them to gain support without online castle grinding. If you have bought Vanguard Dawn DLC, he will do excellently as a Vanguard to give him higher than coinflip strength growth while making him beefy enough to tank, but that requires that you have the dosh to pay out for said DLC.

That's why I want the bow user to lure Ninjas into their doom on player phase where I can swarm and eliminate them.

Funny how Excalibur is much better on Revelations given the map you get it on and the next one has a ton of fliers to use it against them. That's one of the few things I like about Revelations is the S-Rank weapon availability.

Armoured Blow is better than Luna. Proc skills aren't always reliable.

Screw them good indeed. It specially hurts in Conquest.

Thing is that GK has a FUCKLOAD of defense, Str and HP. Even with all stats +1, GK still has 1 point more in str, 2 points more in defense and 2 points more in HP simply by being GK.

You can patch up speed with supports, dinners and tonics anyways.